PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Draft Prospect: Emir Preldzic

Bruno
05-09-2009, 11:22 AM
http://www.euroleague.net/resourceserver/17324/27097484-a149-4f4f-9c82-02d851d678b6/6fe/rglang/en-US/filename/emir-preldzic-fenerbahce-ulker.jpg
Height: 6-9
Weight: 220 lbs
Birthday: 09/06/1987
Current team: Fenerbahce (Turkey)
Nationality: Slovenian/Bosnian

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Emir-Preldzic-1106/)
nbadraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/emir-preldzic)

Kobayagi
05-10-2009, 08:53 PM
This guy is going to be one of the best and most versatile players in Europe in a couple of years.

And he's actually from Bosnia. Hasn't decided yet if he's going to play for Slovenia or Bosnia at the European Championships this year.

duncan228
05-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Emir Preldzic Bio (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txemirpreldzicbio&prov=st&type=lgns)
By Brett Huston

NAME: Emir Preldzic

POSITION: Small forward

HEIGHT: 6-foot-9

WEIGHT: 220 pounds

SCOUTING REPORT: Preldzic is not a typical European swingman in the mold of Hedo Turkoglu(notes) and Peja Stojakovic(notes), players who are known primarily for their natural shooting abilities. Instead, the 21-year-old has been utilized mostly as a point forward for Fenerbahce Ulker, the reigning Turkish League champions. With his excellent ball-handling skills, he’s thrived in that role, but there are other reasons why he’s been confined to playing the role of a point guard - namely, his lack of bulk and a poor outside shot. Preldzic is very skinny for a player his size and doesn’t have a great first step, which makes getting to the rim difficult and taking a pounding once in the paint even more debilitating. He shot just 35.8 percent from the floor with Fenerbahce last seasons, including a dreadful 24.5 percent from beyond the arc. Defensively, he still has plenty of room for improvement. Preldzic’s long reach helps him get his hands in passing lanes, but his limited athletic ability limits him from being able to guard many quicker players. His high basketball I.Q. will likely get Preldzic drafted late in the second round, but look for a team to store him overseas for a few years so he can play regularly and give himself a better chance of sticking once he reaches the NBA.

velik_m
05-16-2009, 12:46 AM
This guy is going to be one of the best and most versatile players in Europe in a couple of years.

And he's actually from Bosnia. Hasn't decided yet if he's going to play for Slovenia or Bosnia at the European Championships this year.

AFAIK Emir already played for slovenian NT and you can't switch later on.

Kobayagi
05-16-2009, 05:30 PM
FIBA said they're willing to make an exception in bosnia's case.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-16-2009, 05:37 PM
He is looked at as being next Papaloukas. I have no idea if he can live up to this. But if he is next Papaloukas then he would be really good draft pick to take. But there will be contract issues if Spurs take him and they need to stop taking players like that I think.

Kobayagi
06-21-2009, 04:55 PM
Hasn't decided yet if he's going to play for Slovenia or Bosnia

Looks like he chose Bosnia. :depressed

Texas_Ranger
06-21-2009, 05:26 PM

Just saw that shit!! :madrun

Now we can just hope Nachbar will play 35 min. a game, cause the only other SF is Jagodnik!! fuck, fuck ,fuck....

velik_m
06-22-2009, 02:14 AM

Well... that sucks. I understand him, but it still sucks for us, and for our future, he was our best young player.

He said he's not playing this summer anyhow. Our federation needs to approve the "transfer" and apparently they are not willing, but we'll see how this turns out.

In other news: Chicago showed interest in him.

Kamnik
06-22-2009, 04:12 AM
He is a great talent with amazing upside... He would be a great second round pick.

Can't blame him choosing Bosnia; afterall he only lived and play a couple of years here in Slovenia.

Even though it sucks to be crazy thin at SF position for the Euro. Nachbar better play a lot of minutes.

Slo spurs fan
06-22-2009, 09:39 AM
FIBA just said no to Preldzic and Bosnian basketball federation.

Texas_Ranger
06-22-2009, 09:41 AM
Lets hope he'll still want to play for Slovenia. :)

tp2021
06-22-2009, 10:26 AM
Let's draft Pretzeldick!

urunobili
06-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Let's draft Pretzeldick!

:lmao

Kamnik
06-22-2009, 01:18 PM
Let's draft Pretzeldick!

The pronounciation is not even close to that...

It is something like "Preeldzich"

spurspokesman
06-22-2009, 05:13 PM
:bang Stop the overseas nonsense. I want A player whos name i can pronounce.

timvp
06-22-2009, 07:38 PM
6-foot-9 small forward with handles? Sounds like a good enough traits to gamble in the 50s.

Blackjack
06-22-2009, 08:01 PM
6-foot-9 small forward with handles? Sounds like a good enough traits to gamble in the 50s.

Let's draft Pretzeldick!

Those seem like sound enough reasons for taking a flier on him with one of the 50's.:tu (Pretzeldick...:lol)

Kobayagi
06-22-2009, 08:21 PM
In 2006 FIBA U-20 European championships where he played for Slovenia which won bronze medal he was our best player averaging 20.3 points and 9.4 rebounds per game (second best in both categories in the tournament).

I think he's definitely worth the gamble in the 50s.

Whisky Dog
06-23-2009, 01:44 AM
Lol, my gf is bosnian and I said the name without telling her who it is or where I heard it and she immediately said "how do you know that Bosnian?"

I then said I heard he's a pretzel dick

raspsa
06-23-2009, 02:01 AM
I don't know. Based on what I've read he's got slow feet, has a body that will break down under constant pounding, with limited offensive skills. So he's 6'9" and can handle the ball.. not emough positives at this point in time.

Slomo
06-23-2009, 07:02 AM
AFAIK Emir already played for slovenian NT and you can't switch later on.

Which I believe is exactly what FIBA confirmed yesterday. In theory he could have gotten permission if Slovenia agreed with it (which I don't think it should).

OTOH there's no way of forcing him to play for the NT which probably means he won't play for either NT.

tp2021
06-23-2009, 08:38 AM
The pronounciation is not even close to that...

It is something like "Preeldzich"

These are the jokes