PDA

View Full Version : Deja Vu

manufor3
05-09-2009, 12:01 PM
This Rockets-Lakers series is like the Lakers-Kings series of 2002. Don't believe me? Watch this video.

ugEXkndvw0M

Double-Up
05-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Yea agreed but we have a 20 million dollar hole in our starting lineup. It needs to be filed with something...

DrHouse
05-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Right so David Stern is making the Rockets miss shots.

I'm so fucking tired of you losers throwing out the David Stern conspiracy card whenever your team doesn't win. It's fucking pathetic.

Is the officiating terrible? YES, but it's been terrible BOTH ways. The Lakers got royally shafted in Game 1 down the stretch with 3 consecutive blown calls and yet you faggots never mention that.

timvp
05-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Laker Fan still complaining about the refs.

Classic.

Allanon
05-09-2009, 01:10 PM
You can make a ref propaganda video in practically ANY NBA game.

1) The coach always looks upset when things aren't going their way
2) Players never commit fouls
3) Refs will screw up a couple of calls in practically ANY given NBA game.

I can take the exact same series and make it seem like the Lakers were the ones that got jobbed by the refs.

z0sa
05-09-2009, 01:15 PM
I can take the exact same series and make it seem like the Lakers were the ones that got jobbed by the refs.

difference is, everyone but Lakerfan is 100% sure the refs never "job" LA.

Allanon
05-09-2009, 01:33 PM
difference is, everyone but Lakerfan is 100% sure the refs never "job" LA.

That's the perception. But perception does not equal reality.

Lakers have played 8 Playoff games so far this year. 6 out of 8 games, the opponent shot more free throws; although the Lakers were "supposed to have" HCA in both series.

If Kobe had elbowed Artest about 4 inches higher, he would have gotten a 2 game suspension. But he didn't so the NBA had every reason not to suspend him.

Battier's bloody head came from a freak accident. Sasha got all ball initially, there was no intent to hit Battier there, it just happened. It's basketball, you're going to get hit, some times harder than others.

Fisher got the suspension he deserved.

I don't complain about refs, it goes both ways.

z0sa
05-09-2009, 01:37 PM
That's the perception. But perception does not equal reality.

Lakers have played 8 Playoff games so far this year. 6 out of 8 games, the opponent shot more free throws.

Odd you put these two sentences together.

1) Lakers have no interior D and do not make great rotations 100% of the time.

2) they don't adjust well when doubleteaming

two main reason their opponents are shooting more freethrows. It has everything to do with playing a hybrid lineup often, aka Lakers' fault not the refs. I mean, for example Scola is posting up Lamar like hes back in high school, and you don't see a connection between the refs calling more fouls against your 'small' lineup?

Don't worry cupcake, refs are doing everything in their power to lead LA to the Finals. Yao saddled with foul trouble early the first two games was enough for me, without the two bullshit artest ejections.

La Peace
05-09-2009, 01:44 PM
Rockets 1

Refs 2

Allanon
05-09-2009, 01:45 PM
Odd you put these two sentences together.

1) Lakers have no interior D and do not make great rotations 100% of the time.

Lakers interior D is great, the rotations aren't quick enough on the perimeter.

I mean, for example Scola is posting up Lamar like hes back in high school, and you don't see a connection between the refs calling more fouls against your 'small' lineup?

Wrong. Lamar has shot twice as many free throws than Scola this series.

Don't worry cupcake, refs are doing everything in their power to lead LA to the Finals. Yao saddled with foul trouble early the first two games was enough for me, without the two bullshit artest ejections.

Cupcake, why did you leave out last night's game where Yao only had 1 foul while Pau had 4? Refs trying to get the Rockets to the Finals?

Crabdribble
05-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Epic fail.