PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else...

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 01:39 PM
...heard of the "ACORN 8?"

Welcome to ACORN 8 (http://www.acorn8.org/)

Seems there's a disturbance in the force.

I watched an interview Glenn Beck did with Ms. Reid and another member of the ACORN 8 and while I know I can't hope to get any of the ACORN apologists, in this forum, to watch; as much because it's Glenn Beck as it is they're not interested in the truth, I'd be interested in your responses.

Ms. Reid has been fired by the national organization of ACORN but her local board has stood in the gap. She had the audacity to ask for an audit of her chapter's books and, well, ACORN couldn't have that can of worms opened, it seems.

What chapter? The Washington D. C. chapter.

Ms. Reid and the other member of the ACORN 8 also discuss many of ACORN's other abuses with Glenn Beck.

Here is the interview in three parts. If you want to skip Beck's show intro, you can go to approximately 2:50 in the first part:

PART I
xoL0WPaPM3M

PART II
wto4x2p7t7Q

PART III
I9NJzf4Zotw

I'm curious as to why it's not big news -- on the major networks -- that ACORN's Washington D.C. chapter is in such turmoil...over issues where the "terminated" chairwoman is alleging national fraud and abuse by her own organization.

boutons_deux
05-09-2009, 01:52 PM
It's more curious why the confession by the Repug programmer who stole the OH election, and therefore the election, for the Repugs didn't get any press play. In how many elections has Acorn reversed the result? After years of screaming by the Repugs of voting fraud, how many fradulent voters have been convicted? Prosecuted by dubya's politicized US attorneys told to make voter fraud their priority. Bullsit voter fraud accusations is just another reason why the pissed-off wrongies are more irrelevant and ignored than ever.

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 02:04 PM
It's more curious why the confession by the Repug programmer who stole the OH election, and therefore the election, for the Repugs didn't get any press play. In how many elections has Acorn reversed the result? After years of screaming by the Repugs of voting fraud, how many fradulent voters have been convicted? Prosecuted by dubya's politicized US attorneys told to make voter fraud their priority. Bullsit voter fraud accusations is just another reason why the pissed-off wrongies are more irrelevant and ignored than ever.
Nice diversion...but, if a Republican operative isn't getting press it's because there's nothing to the story. Now can we discuss something that actually has current implications?

Winehole23
05-09-2009, 02:22 PM
30 minutes of Glenn Beck?

Nope.

I just hit the snooze bar, Yoni. :sleep

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 02:26 PM
30 minutes of Glenn Beck?

Nope.

I just hit the snooze bar, Yoni. :sleep
Figures...

Actually, if you watch part II, it's mostly the ACORN people talking about the corruption of their own organization.

But, thanks for trying.

Winehole23
05-09-2009, 03:00 PM
But, thanks for trying.I refuse to try.

Oblique strategies. Withdrawing in disgust is not the same thing as apathy.

Winehole23
05-09-2009, 03:11 PM
JoCuUgxMU_YI know it's kind of cloudy.

George Gervin's Afro
05-09-2009, 03:12 PM

Welcome to ACORN 8 (http://www.acorn8.org/)

Seems there's a disturbance in the force.

I watched an interview Glenn Beck did with Ms. Reid and another member of the ACORN 8 and while I know I can't hope to get any of the ACORN apologists, in this forum, to watch; as much because it's Glenn Beck as it is they're not interested in the truth, I'd be interested in your responses.

Ms. Reid has been fired by the national organization of ACORN but her local board has stood in the gap. She had the audacity to ask for an audit of her chapter's books and, well, ACORN couldn't have that can of worms opened, it seems.

What chapter? The Washington D. C. chapter.

Ms. Reid and the other member of the ACORN 8 also discuss many of ACORN's other abuses with Glenn Beck.

Here is the interview in three parts. If you want to skip Beck's show intro, you can go to approximately 2:50 in the first part:

PART I
xoL0WPaPM3M

PART II
wto4x2p7t7Q

PART III
I9NJzf4Zotw

I'm curious as to why it's not big news -- on the major networks -- that ACORN's Washington D.C. chapter is in such turmoil...over issues where the "terminated" chairwoman is alleging national fraud and abuse by her own organization.

I guess it's a slow news day huh?

jman3000
05-09-2009, 03:15 PM
Glenn Beck got owned by that ACORN spokesman a couple days ago and had to resort to shouting him down, cutting his mic, and acting childish... when all the other guy was doing was having a civil debate.

There's a girl on this site who actually works for ACORN's San Antonio office and it's nothing like the boogey man that Republicans are trying to paint it.

:lol @ Glenn Beck. He's a horrible comedian, and a horrible political commentator. He's such a fucking phony.

ChumpDumper
05-09-2009, 03:17 PM

Welcome to ACORN 8 (http://www.acorn8.org/)They haven't updated their site since November 18 of last year?

Must not be that important to them.

George Gervin's Afro
05-09-2009, 03:19 PM
Of course Yoni is done in by his own hypocrisy. I seem to remember a few moons ago when some Bush officials made damaging claims about the justification for the Iraq war and the President. Yoni came out claimed 'they were scorned employees' , or they 'had an ax to grind'. One of personal favorites was Yoni telling us that these folks couldn't be believed because of their agendas to get Bush. Yoni never believed any of it to be true no matter how many people made the same claims.... Yet now Yoni believes a former 'scorned', 'agenda driven' employee... when it comes to a democrat affiliated group.......You have zero credibility..

jman3000
05-09-2009, 03:20 PM
paraphrase:

"People in these tough times need to be responsible with how they spend their money... with the way government is behaving... every penny is going to be important... to yourself and to your family"....

about 15 seconds later...

"Don't forget to pick up your Dashboard Obama at GlennBeck.com... just 5.95. you too can have the Messiah watching over your shoulder. :stupid voice he always does: Even though he's doing it already, if you know what I mean.

bleh.

Winehole23
05-09-2009, 03:24 PM
That's the magic of having everything both ways. Yoni's judgment can always be turned inside-out to suit the case. The gambit involves a significant gain in rhetorical efficiency, at the expense of overall credibility.

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 03:37 PM
Wow! All this and no one has watched the video.

Oh, and here's the video of Beck getting "shouted down" by that ACORN spokesperson who, incidentally, confirmed what Ms. Reid and her associate were saying; that ACORN takes activists off the street, doesn't pay them a living wage, gives them quotas to meet to avoid being fired and, then, acts surprised when these activists resort to criminal activity.

Video:

2YEo6D3L83Q

Also notice the ACORN guy got booted because he pulled a clambake and accused Glenn Beck of being afraid of black people.

:lmao

If you're going to say he got owned by this guy, you should at least post the video.

This guy didn't own anyone. He avoided the questions, tried talk over Glenn Beck and completely failed to exonerate ACORN of anything.

Seriously, it was a good analogy. If any company had as many people under investigation, indictment, and suspicion as does ACORN, you'd quit blaming the people and start blaming the company.

I know you won't watch any of these videos because it's on Glenn Beck but, tell me, what liberal blog or news organization is talking to the ACORN 8 or questioning the ACORN national organization about corruption in their ranks?

No one.

At least with these videos you can listen to both sides of the ACORN issue. The spokesperson who allegedly "owned" Beck and the two members of the ACORN 8 who are speaking out against the corrupt administration of ACORN in hopes of saving their organization.

Stay ignorant if you must.

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 03:39 PM
Of course Yoni is done in by his own hypocrisy. I seem to remember a few moons ago when some Bush officials made damaging claims about the justification for the Iraq war and the President. Yoni came out claimed 'they were scorned employees' , or they 'had an ax to grind'. One of personal favorites was Yoni telling us that these folks couldn't be believed because of their agendas to get Bush. Yoni never believed any of it to be true no matter how many people made the same claims.... Yet now Yoni believes a former 'scorned', 'agenda driven' employee... when it comes to a democrat affiliated group.......You have zero credibility..
Okay...at least I looked at the accusations. By the way, I'm merely stipulating for the sake of this argument, that everything you claim I said is true. You don't give much context. I do know I wouldn't make those claims without looking at the argument being made.

I can't even get you guys to watch a video.

Winehole23
05-09-2009, 04:15 PM
I can't even get you guys to watch a video.It's because we're all afraid of the truth, obviously. :wakeup

ChumpDumper
05-09-2009, 04:22 PM
That was pretty crappy. Outside of the allegations of quotas, these people aren't saying anything.

The "Barney Frank almost became a teabagger" quote made it worth watching though.

Winehole23
05-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Thanks for the capsule, CD. I think I'll stand pat.

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 05:06 PM
That was pretty crappy. Outside of the allegations of quotas, these people aren't saying anything.

The "Barney Frank almost became a teabagger" quote made it worth watching though.
Must have missed the part where she was fired for asking for an audit.

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 05:10 PM
It's because we're all afraid of the truth, obviously. :wakeup
Obviously.

ChumpDumper
05-09-2009, 05:14 PM
Must have missed the part where she was fired for asking for an audit.I missed the part where she proved it, yes. And was she even in a position to call for an audit? What did she want to look for in the audit?

Too vague to matter.

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 05:17 PM
I missed the part where she proved it, yes. And was she even in a position to call for an audit? What did she want to look for in the audit?

Too vague to matter.
Yeah, you didn't watch.

ChumpDumper
05-09-2009, 05:20 PM
Yeah, you didn't watch.I watched all of it.

I saw no specific charges at all -- just the vague "we don't know what's going on here" innuendo in which Beck and Yoni now specialize.

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 05:28 PM
I watched all of it.

I saw no specific charges at all -- just the vague "we don't know what's going on here" innuendo in which Beck and Yoni now specialize.
Y'all have called Republicans criminals on less evidence that these two ladies allege.

You're a waste of bandwidth

ChumpDumper
05-09-2009, 05:29 PM
What are they alleging?

Yonivore
05-09-2009, 05:33 PM
What are they alleging?
You either didn't watch or are intentionally unable to draw conclusions except when vague allegations are made against republicans.

Sorry, Not going down this road with you.

ACORN is a corrupt organization and they need to be investigated. Unfortunately, the only Democrat calling for investigations has changed his mind even as the number of ACORN chapters and employees, involved in illegal acts, is increasing.

Why do you hate America? Seems you'd want to get to the bottom of this...

ChumpDumper
05-09-2009, 05:35 PM
You either didn't watch or are intentionally unable to draw conclusions except when vague allegations are made against republicans.

Sorry, Not going down this road with you.Thanks for admitting they really didn't allege anything of substance. You don't want to go down that road because you know you'll just look like an idiot again.

ACORN is a corrupt organization and they need to be investigated.For what?