PDA

View Full Version : I feel sorry for Mav fans

YellowFever
05-09-2009, 07:16 PM
I actuallly feel bad for the Mavs and their fans.

That unwritten/unspoken "Don't call fouls in the last few seconds of a close game" rule game back to bite them in the ass.

It's mostly on the guy guarding Melo though.

If you're going to commit a deliberate foul, grab the sumbitchm don't just hit him and then throw yur hands up in the air.

The Mavs deserved this game. :depressed

lefty
05-09-2009, 07:17 PM
I really really really really really don't

timvp
05-09-2009, 07:18 PM
Same thing happened with the Spurs against the Hornets in the regular season. If you are fouling at the end of a game, you gotta wrap up. You take a swipe and have your assistant coaches saying not to foul at the same time, you leave it up to the refs to decide.

ducks
I feel bad they got cuban as a owner
other then that
I do not not

AussieFanKurt
fouls are not supposed to be rewards for the team thats doing it
im glad denver won seeing as Mavs didnt want to play real bball and play some fucking defense, they just wanted to foul, i hate to see teams just foul like that and now at last, it bites them on the arse

AussieFanKurt
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
I feel bad they got cuban as a owner
other then that
I do not not

haha yeahhh! :toast

ducks
05-09-2009, 07:19 PM
Same thing happened with the Spurs against the Hornets in the regular season. If you are fouling at the end of a game, you gotta wrap up. You take a swipe and have your assistant coaches saying not to foul at the same time, you leave it up to the refs to decide.

yep I was ticked
had mavs actually watched film they would have known that
but instead they like to party with each other

Mugen
05-09-2009, 07:20 PM
you feel kinda bad but then you see Cuban's reaction.

dav4463
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
The foul didn't affect what Melo wanted to do. Good no-call.

poop
05-09-2009, 08:44 PM
i feel sorry for Rockets fans.

fuck Mavs fans and that whole organization. they deserve it

Findog
05-09-2009, 08:47 PM
He should have grabbed them but damn, he almost knocked the guy down with the ref two feet away. How does the entire crew miss that knowing the Mavs are going to foul.

You're talking about Bennett Salvatore's crew. Did you notice both teams shot almost 100 Free Throws? Did you notice that all the fouls resulted in a ugly free-throw shooting contest instead of a rhythm and tempo being established? Did you notice players and coaches from both teams had to be restrained at some point from punching the officials?

The refs aren't to blame for Dallas being down 0-2 and facing a must-win. It's not their fault Josh and Jet both missed FTs that would've made anything Melo did irrelevant. It's not their fault Wright stood there instead of continuing to play until hearing a whistle.

Denver is simply a better team, and they would've advanced anyways. I give them credit for winning today. But given that just looking at an opposing player was worth a foul today, and they have the ability to review plays, it's inexcusable that Melo's basket wasn't waived off and the Nuggets didn't take the ball out of bounds with 3 seconds left after Wright's foul. Even though Denver won today, I don't think they or their fans were happy with the officiating either. It boggles the mind that Bennett Salvatore is not only still an NBA ref, but that he gets playoff assignments.

Ghazi
05-09-2009, 08:53 PM
I disagree, the refs ARE to blame for being down 0-2 (1-15 when Crawford is officiating, give me a fucking break!!)

*sigh* this is just a tough loss to deal with... yeahhhh Dirk coulda made a few more shots, yeahhhh Howard/JET coulda made their free throws, yeahhhh Wright could've been more assertive in fouling, but god dammit every game has "What ifs" and hindsight is 20/20. It fucking shoulda been Nuggets in bounding with 2-3 seconds left! IF they make the shot then, congrats, deserved it.

I am stunned and upset. But I'm not terribly heartbroken considering this team looked like an 8th/9th place team for most of the year. I'm not upset at any of our boys either.

Still bothers my mind though :(, the dynamics of 0-3 and 1-2 differ vastly.

timvp
05-09-2009, 09:17 PM
Yeah, Salvatore should have been fired a long time ago. When stats show that your games result in by far the most free throws being shot, that means there is something wrong. Either that or the NBA has to say that Salvatore is right and everyone else is wrong. You can't have a statistical outlier and not do anything about it.

Salvatore's BS always kills the Spurs because he turns games into free throw shooting contests and the Spurs suck at the line so they can't win. Game 1 of the 2003 WCF comes to mind as a clear example. Mavs were 49-of-50 at the line, IIRC. :rolleyes

I don't understand why the NBA doesn't hire someone with at least a slight understanding of math and then go through the reffing ranks and trim away the outliers. It'd make for a much more consistent game.

sook
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
No surprises here! Nobody feels sorry for us :(

50 cent
05-09-2009, 09:18 PM
I don't. Most of their fans are piece's of shit.

Findog
05-09-2009, 09:23 PM
The league has said the play at the end of the Mavericks-Nuggets game was an incorrect call by the officials. The NBA office just released the following from Joel Litvin: "At the end of the Dallas-Denver game this evening, the officials missed an intentional foul committed by Antoine Wright on Carmelo Anthony, just prior to Anthony's three-point basket." Oh, great. That makes them feel a lot better, no doubt. So it's 2-1 in favor of Denver, right? The Mavs aren't staring at the double-barreled end of a sweep, right?

Shank
05-09-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't. Most of their fans are piece's of shit.

Why? Because of the posters here? That's such a small sample size and not indicative of what fans are like. Besides, why hate fans of other teams? They're just everyday people at heart. What's the big deal?

sook
05-09-2009, 09:25 PM
That is gay, mavs could have been 2-2. But are down 0-3. I thought our calls were bad.

Findog
05-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Why? Because of the posters here? That's such a small sample size and not indicative of what fans are like. Besides, why hate fans of other teams? They're just everyday people at heart. What's the big deal?

He's butthurt.

Basketballgirl25
05-09-2009, 09:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9K8kcx6b88

cuban makes the Celtics look great in my eyes

Shank
05-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Yeah, Salvatore should have been fired a long time ago. When stats show that your games result in by far the most free throws being shot, that means there is something wrong. Either that or the NBA has to say that Salvatore is right and everyone else is wrong. You can't have a statistical outlier and not do anything about it.

Salvatore's BS always kills the Spurs because he turns games into free throw shooting contests and the Spurs suck at the line so they can't win. Game 1 of the 2003 WCF comes to mind as a clear example. Mavs were 49-of-50 at the line, IIRC. :rolleyes

I don't understand why the NBA doesn't hire someone with at least a slight understanding of math and then go through the reffing ranks and trim away the outliers. It'd make for a much more consistent game.

The thing that pisses me off the most is Stern's supposed 'promise' to clean up officiating after the Donaghy mess. It's obvious that neither he, or Stu Jackson, have an idea on how to get a handle on what's been happening for years. Their product is clearly tainted and you know there's an issue when even the most casual observer can spot the inconsistencies and problems.

How do you fix it? Beats me. But it's a good start to clean out some of these old windbags that have been screwing up the game for years.

Shank
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
That is gay, mavs could have been 2-2. But are down 0-3. I thought our calls were bad.

Were they going to spot the Mavs a game? :toast

Findog
05-09-2009, 09:33 PM

It's inexcusable. Today was a classic Salvatore game. It was ugly to watch, and neither team could get into a rhythm because of the constant stoppages in play. Then you have so many guys in foul trouble and unavailable to play or playing tentative. I guarantee you both teams were pissed and had their poise tested. As for the League, why would you want this as your product, and why in the hell would you assign this guy playoff games?????? I just don't understand it. Makes absolutely no sense.

Balance
05-09-2009, 09:42 PM
That is gay, mavs could have been 2-2. But are down 0-3.

Strange math.... :lol

lurker
05-09-2009, 09:51 PM
lol @ the league releasing a statement saying it was a missed call like it's going to make the Mavs feel better. If anything it will make them more angry.

Spurs Brazil
05-09-2009, 09:53 PM
:rollin:rollin:rollin:lmao:lmao:lmao

Mavs is by far the biggest joke in the NBA

:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:

Nahtanoj
05-09-2009, 10:04 PM
that non-call reminded me of the last shot in the 2006 finals where GP was doing some grabbin'

Spursmania
05-09-2009, 10:05 PM
you feel kinda bad but then you see Cuban's reaction.

Exactly. Cuban, Terry and Smokey make it very difficult to feel sorry for them.

I feel bad for Dirk though. He played like a monster and deserved better than that. Sigh...

Spursmania
05-09-2009, 10:06 PM
lol @ the league releasing a statement saying it was a missed call like it's going to make the Mavs feel better. If anything it will make them more angry.

Lol... at that shit, right? I mean Spurs didn't feel any better when the league admitted they missed the Fisher foul on Barry last year. Pathetic, really.:depressed

Shank
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Lol... at that shit, right? I mean Spurs didn't feel any better when the league admitted they missed the Fisher foul on Barry last year. Pathetic, really.:depressed

God, why even release a statement? Seriously, NBA - what's that going to fix?

TheChillFactor
05-09-2009, 10:12 PM
fuck them. the mavs are fucking gay and enjoy every anal violation they get....

Shank
05-09-2009, 10:14 PM
fuck them. the mavs are fucking gay and enjoy every anal violation they get....

And this is where things start to go downhill, as they usually do...

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Why would Mav fans need an opposing team's fans' sympathies? Who gives a shit.

That said, It should be expected now for teams to win in spite of shitty calls. Same shit goes on every year, this is the second time the league officially admitted they fucked up on a series changing shot.

dav4463
05-10-2009, 12:14 AM
So the call was admittedly missed. Who is to say that Melo wouldn't have nailed a GW 3 pter anyway? He has a flair for the dramatic and he could have gotten open and hit a 3 pter to win it.....or it could have even been continuation 3 + foul !