Bruno
05-09-2009, 07:16 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01JO8psdfecHG/340x.jpg

Height: 6-1
Weight: 170 lbs
Birthday: 09/23/1989
Current team: Lottomatica Roma (Italy)
Nationality: American

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Brandon-Jennings-1114/)
nbadraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/brandon-jennings)

Automatically eligible.
The man who screws the system...

AussieFanKurt
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Isn't he going pretty high ?

Bruno
05-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Isn't he going pretty high ?

Yes, he is projected as a top10 pick.

biziofromdowntown
05-10-2009, 03:52 AM
No Brandon please, I saw him live 2 times this year and he looked as an insicure, self-thinking boy, no good reports from me.

Indazone
05-10-2009, 10:10 AM
I heard reports that his decision making sucks. He was benched in Europe because he tries to make dazzling plays that results in turnovers. He makes fancy between the legs passes when a simple bounce pass would do. I would opt for a smarter point guard and now you don't have to wonder why he couldn't pass his SAT's.

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Seeing as how Jennings is the first top 5 prospect in America to go from high school to Europe I will be interested in seeing a few things.

1. I wonder if his draft value has gone up or down. Averaging 10 points and 5 assists in the Euroleague is actually pretty good for an 18 year old since most of the time young prospects don't get enough PT to actually put up those numbers.

2. I wonder if the international game has made him better or worse than the college players that are one and done. I can see the level of play being much higher depending where one is in the Euroleague, but in some places I could argue that the intensity and athletic ability is just not close to the same level.

Jennings will however be used to the coaching changes he will likely see in the NBA as his European team has had at least 2 this seaso.

He did not average 10 points and 5 assists in Euroleague. He average 8 points and 2 assists. Also he was 19 not 18. He will be draft way before Spurs can get him for sure.

http://www.euroleague.net/competition/players/showplayer?clubcode=rom&pcode=001219&seasoncode=e2008

Kill_Bill_Pana
05-10-2009, 01:09 PM
I heard reports that his decision making sucks. He was benched in Europe because he tries to make dazzling plays that results in turnovers. He makes fancy between the legs passes when a simple bounce pass would do. I would opt for a smarter point guard and now you don't have to wonder why he couldn't pass his SAT's.

His basketball IQ is very low. Very athletic and very low basketball IQ.

Blackjack
06-12-2009, 07:20 PM
Jennings on Rubio: He's All Hype

Friday, June 12, 2009
Posted By Chris Littmann 4:59 PM

In this era of handlers, publicists and agents really helping to craft the answers that players give to the media, canned answers have become the standard. Brandon Jennings doesn't appear to be suffering from any sort of inhibitions and absolutely let loose today on another point guard in this year's draft class, Spain's Ricky Rubio.

All of these quotes come from the excellent Kings Blog from the Sacramento Bee. Head over there to watch full video interviews.

Jennings was not at all bashful about saying he thought he got the better of Rubio in his head-to-head matchup this season, but things really got interesting when he was asked how Rubio would compare to college freshmen.

Jennings: Well, put it like this: If he was in a workout with me, Jonny Flynn, Jrue Holiday, Ty Lawson, Stephen Curry, he wouldn't even probably be at the top.

Reporter: You think he's all hype?

Jennings: Yeah.

Reporter: Because?

Jennings: Because he played in the Olympics, he been playing pro ball since he been 14, so you know, there it is right there. And you know, his stats? 26 minutes, and he be having like 16 points, 7 assists [inaudible -- sounds like he says 900] steals? Come on. Twenty-six minutes, and you have all that? So I really don't know. I really don't know. I can't wait to play him, though. I'm just letting y'all know that now. I can't wait.

And then there was this cherry on top:

Reporter: You think you should go before Ricky Ruubio in the draft?

Jennings: Yeah, I think I'm a better player than he is. I can shoot the ball better than he can. The only time I've seen him do something is when he has a home run pass or something. So I think the dude is all hype. I can't even front. I'm going to be real with you guys.

And there you have it. Can we officially say a rivalry is born because of this? We knew it was going to be the year of the point guard in the draft, but not only is that where we'll see the greatest talent, but it's also where we'll see the most interesting storylines develop.

http://www.sportingnews.com/blog/the_sporting_blog/entry/view/25449/jennings_on_rubio_hes_all_hype

Blackjack
06-22-2009, 07:08 PM
TrueHoop tracked down Brandon Jennings’ former teammate, Ibrahim Jaaber, to provide a scouting report on Jennings and Ricky Rubio.

Ibrahim Jaaber is uniquely situated to comment on both. It is much discussed that Jennings did not play much for his Italian team, Lottomatica Roma. That’s in part because Jennings played behind Jaaber, a former two-time Ivy League player of the year who has played in Europe since graduating in 2007.

Jaaber agreed to provide a scouting report on his former teammate, Jennings, as well as Rubio, whom Jaaber faced on the court last December. I don’t know if it’s fair to expect Jaaber to be unbiased — Jennings is a former teammate, and he has no such relationship with Rubio — but he assures he is speaking from the heart when he writes:

I look at both as players who will need to be nurtured and given a lot of attention in order to thrive in the NBA. After one or two seasons in the League, given the same coaching, opportunities and development, in my opinion, I think Brandon Jennings will be the overall better player. Which is not to say that Ricky won’t be successful. I just think Brandon has greater potential — and as they are both in my eyes players who will have to make great developments, I would invest my pick in the better athlete, Brandon Jennings.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/truehoop/0-41-120/Brandon-Jennings--Roma-Teammate-on-Jennings-vs--Rubio.html

Libri
06-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Jennings later backed off from his "all hype" comment but then he went on to say that he is a better player than Rubio.

Blackjack
06-22-2009, 07:36 PM
As Libri pointed out, Jennings retracted/softened the rhetoric shortly after. I don't think it was as much of an arrogance thing, as much as him trying to state his case.

Jennings is definitely confident in his abilities but I think the glowing words of praise being heaped upon Rubio, combined with the notion that he was slipping in the draft, probably lead to him going a little overboard.

Frankly, Jaaber's endorsing him over Rubio is probably just as eye-opening to me as Jennings initial comments.

Blackjack
06-22-2009, 07:49 PM
Ibrahim Jaaber:

I look at both as players who will need to be nurtured and given a lot of attention in order to thrive in the NBA. After one or two seasons in the League, given the same coaching, opportunities and development, in my opinion, I think Brandon Jennings will be the overall better player. Which is not to say that Ricky won’t be successful. I just think Brandon has greater potential — and as they are both in my eyes players who will have to make great developments, I would invest my pick in the better athlete, Brandon Jennings.

Jaaber played in front of Jennings and against Rubio, so his endorsment is something I found interesting.

Personally, I like what I've seen from Rubio more than Jennings but I'm not an expert on either of them.

Tully365
06-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Jennings sounds pretty arrogant and kind of dumb. Couple this with his being unable to crack 750 on the SATs twice and basically getting caught cheating on the other attempt, and I fear what he might be is the next Stephon Marbury. If I was a GM, I wouldn't consider drafting this guy... he seems like pure trouble.

Spursfan092120
06-22-2009, 08:43 PM
Jennings was right about Rubio's shot..he doesn't have a great shot. He's got a little way before he'll be able to really produce offensively in the league..but he is young..and he's got a GREAT Bball IQ.

Blackjack
06-22-2009, 08:44 PM
Also the fact that Jaaber knows and played with Jennings gives him a better feel on Jennings. He might have said the same thing with Rubio had he been on Rubio's team.

Very possible, and something I did take into account.

The thing for me was, I never thought of them being all that close.

The fact that Jaaber feels that they are close enough in talent (even if there's some bias) that Jennings athleticism would make him the better investment, is a little eye-opening to me. That's all.