PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets 106, Mavericks 105

SpursDynasty
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Good job Denver for securing a trip to the Western Conference Finals. I thought Denver did a good job of just going out there, playing some defense, rebounding, taking care of business, and just beating a team they were supposed to beat. No surprises in this game tonight. I think Dallas thought that they could just come out and jack up some fluke jumpers and depend on them falling to win the game. Never a good game plan in the playoffs. That'll get you some wins in the regular season, but by now it's time to play some real basketball and the Mavs haven't done that. Again, Barea was non-existent in this game, 0-for-2 from the floor, but its JJ Barea so nothing shocking there. Brandon Bass was only 2-for-5 from the floor but had 14 free throws in this game, and when Brandon Bass is the one getting 14 free throws the officiating clearly favored Dallas in this game.

I'm not sure what the complaining at the referees was for at the end there, but defense wins a series, not fouls. Carmelo Anthony just took a shot that he was expected to make and he made it, nothing shocking there, it was up to Dallas to play defense but they didn't.

I guess we can credit Dallas for their effort, but they are in a series where they weren't expected to do anything, so being down 0-3 shouldn't be upsetting to them, it's pretty much what was supposed to happen. Again, no surprises here, Denver just went out and did what they were supposed to do. No trash talking, nothing personal against Dallas or their fans, and no trolling, just another routine playoff game here.

BRHornet45
05-09-2009, 07:21 PM
vicious BEAT DOWN

kamikazi_player
05-09-2009, 07:25 PM
lol i expect Mav fans to get in here and bitch about Spursdynasty's truthful analysis for the first time.

Spur-Addict
05-09-2009, 07:28 PM
Brandon Bass was only 2-for-5 from the floor but had 14 free throws in this game, and when Brandon Bass is the one getting 14 free throws the officiating clearly favored Dallas in this game.

I agree that he shouldn't have attempted 14 Ft's. Absurd.

ducks
05-09-2009, 07:32 PM
DALLAS (AP)—No matter how many things the Denver Nuggets did wrong Saturday, they somehow always remained within striking distance of the Dallas Mavericks.

And with a second left, Carmelo Anthony(notes) struck.

Anthony broke free of his defender and nailed a 3-pointer that gave the Nuggets a 106-105 victory over the Mavericks, giving them a 3-0 series lead that has been insurmountable in NBA history.

Rogue
05-09-2009, 07:36 PM
vicious BEAT DOWN
?donde es la "hijo"?

Rogue
05-09-2009, 08:20 PM
cien y seis, cien cinco ------ PUTA.

poop
05-09-2009, 08:47 PM
up until that last play the officiating had been horribly one sided favoring Dallas. as usual they end up winning/staying in games by living at the free throw line. nearly all the Nuggets key players were in foul trouble the whole game.

hahahahahaha they got their hopes up and then in a second their dreams were all shattered, hahahahahaha fuck dallas.

Findog
05-09-2009, 09:08 PM
vicious BEAT DOWN

Well, they kept the margin with 58.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3657/3517369420_83cbfcfd19_o.jpg

TampaDude
05-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Carmelo fucking Anthony, bitches.

Ghazi
05-09-2009, 09:14 PM
Even if we get swept it will not be as bad as the Hornets losing 4-1 and by 24.2 points per game in Round 1.

I'm really not upset at the guys in blue for the way this series has played out.

Jacob1983
05-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Why couldn't George Karl just admit that his team caught a lucky break at the end of the game? He was lying through his teeth when he said there was no foul.

ducks
05-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Why couldn't George Karl just admit that his team caught a lucky break at the end of the game? He was lying through his teeth when he said there was no foul.

there was no foul he was not lying
and that is that
now their could have been one but it was never called

gaKNOW!blee
05-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Even if we get swept it will not be as bad as the Hornets losing 4-1 and by 24.2 points per game in Round 1.

I'm really not upset at the guys in blue for the way this series has played out.

Only a Mavs fan would think 0-4 > 1-4.

TampaDude
05-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Good job Denver for securing a trip to the Western Conference Finals. I thought Denver did a good job of just going out there, playing some defense, rebounding, taking care of business, and just beating a team they were supposed to beat. No surprises in this game tonight. I think Dallas thought that they could just come out and jack up some fluke jumpers and depend on them falling to win the game. Never a good game plan in the playoffs. That'll get you some wins in the regular season, but by now it's time to play some real basketball and the Mavs haven't done that. Again, Barea was non-existent in this game, 0-for-2 from the floor, but its JJ Barea so nothing shocking there. Brandon Bass was only 2-for-5 from the floor but had 14 free throws in this game, and when Brandon Bass is the one getting 14 free throws the officiating clearly favored Dallas in this game.

I'm not sure what the complaining at the referees was for at the end there, but defense wins a series, not fouls. Carmelo Anthony just took a shot that he was expected to make and he made it, nothing shocking there, it was up to Dallas to play defense but they didn't.

I guess we can credit Dallas for their effort, but they are in a series where they weren't expected to do anything, so being down 0-3 shouldn't be upsetting to them, it's pretty much what was supposed to happen. Again, no surprises here, Denver just went out and did what they were supposed to do. No trash talking, nothing personal against Dallas or their fans, and no trolling, just another routine playoff game here.

Yup...the Nuggets were just shooting some shots...just beating a team they were supposed to beat...no surprises there. :D

Jacob1983
05-09-2009, 11:03 PM
There was contact so it was a foul. If it wasn't the foul then why did the NBA admit they made a mistake? If the NBA admits it was a foul, then it was a foul. What other proof do you need?

coldsweat
05-10-2009, 02:02 AM
findog had the best post in this thread. :lol