PDA

View Full Version : Do the Lakers have the easiest road to the Finals?

KidCongo
05-09-2009, 08:29 PM
First they versed an injury depleted, dysfunctional Jazz team.

Then they get the Rockets who already had one all-star missing, now another one.

Finally they get the Nuggets who they swept last season in the PO's and swept in the regular season. We all know that if you sweep a team in the regular season they pose no problems in the playoffs.

So I ask, Do the Lakers have the easiest road to the finals?

resistanze
05-09-2009, 08:31 PM
Yes.

Ghazi
05-09-2009, 08:32 PM
lol :)

KidCongo
05-09-2009, 08:33 PM
Judging from your logic, we will have the easiest finals if we meet the Cavs.

I got that insight from another guy.

cobbler
05-09-2009, 08:35 PM
Could be easier if the Mav's made it! :lmao

DrHouse
05-09-2009, 08:37 PM
:lmao at Cav fan.

Injury depleted Hawks team and a pathetic DET team don't even begin to compare to the Jazz and Rockets.

SpursDynasty
05-09-2009, 08:43 PM
They'll face Denver in the WCF's and be the underdog in that series. Denver Nuggets are currently the favorites to win that series.

KSeal
05-09-2009, 08:48 PM

Then they get the Rockets who already had one all-star missing, now another one.

Finally they get the Nuggets who they swept last season in the PO's and swept in the regular season. We all know that if you sweep a team in the regular season they pose no problems in the playoffs.

We didn't sweep them in the regular season you dumbfuck, get your bullshit straight. With Billups, Birdman, playing defense, this years Nuggets team is completely different from last years, obviously. Rockets without Yao are still better then the Hawks. What a piece of shit thread this is, go back and join BSPN in fucking yourselves to LBJ.

pauls931
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Looks like Orlando may be the only real speedbump in the playoffs.

KSeal
05-09-2009, 09:30 PM
Lakers/Nuggets and Cavs/Magic should be pretty good CF's. Magic definitely won't be easy for the Cavs. Nuggets will give the Lakers trouble too. Should be fun.

KidCongo
05-09-2009, 09:32 PM
We didn't sweep them in the regular season you dumbfuck, get your bullshit straight. With Billups, Birdman, playing defense, this years Nuggets team is completely different from last years, obviously. Rockets without Yao are still better then the Hawks. What a piece of shit thread this is, go back and join BSPN in fucking yourselves to LBJ.

:lmao

KSeal
05-09-2009, 09:34 PM
:lmao

So you have no real response to how stupid you are and how wrong this thread is?

Balance
05-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Finally they get the Nuggets who they swept last season in the PO's and swept in the regular season.

You don't know what you are talking about. The Nuggets won the last game against the Lakers.

KSeal
05-09-2009, 09:37 PM
You don't know what you are talking about. The Nuggets won the last game against the Lakers.

Exactly, this guy has no clue what he's talking about. He's just spewing bullshit to pump up his Crabs.

KidCongo
05-09-2009, 09:41 PM
So you have no real response to how stupid you are and how wrong this thread is?

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125690

The Gemini Method
05-09-2009, 09:44 PM

Actually, the Nuggets lost the last game @ Staples. It was the fool's gold game in which Andrew Bynum played well and then managed to pull off a Jimmy Hoffaesque disappearance.

Ness
05-09-2009, 09:48 PM

So I ask, Do the Lakers have the easiest road to the finals?You're an idiot.

The Jazz and Rockets are better than the Pistons and Hawks.

Balance
05-09-2009, 09:54 PM
Actually, the Nuggets lost the last game @ Staples. It was the fool's gold game in which Andrew Bynum played well and then managed to pull off a Jimmy Hoffaesque disappearance.

Oh yes, my mistake... The Nuggets won the last game in Denver.

KidCongo
05-09-2009, 09:54 PM
So the Nuggets won one game @ home, the Bobcats and Pistons won games @ Staples also.

KSeal
05-09-2009, 09:55 PM

Yeah, the Lakers got beat pretty badly the last time they playing in Denver but the Lakers won the last game against Denver in LA. I think Bynum had 20+ points but a lot of them were in garbage time so his disappearing act isn't that surprising really. He did have a decent game last night though!

KSeal
05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
So the Nuggets won one game @ home, the Bobcats and Pistons won games @ Staples also.

So now you're turning to bush league insults because you can't back your stupid ass up :lmao how pathetic. Lock this shit thread up now.

Nahtanoj
05-09-2009, 10:01 PM
lol idiot

Balance
05-09-2009, 10:01 PM

The thing is that the Nuggets are playing better than ever. And I'm not saying that they can go to the NBA finals, but I hope it will be a good series against the Lakers.

It's been so easy for the Cavs that it's not even fun to watch their games...

KSeal
05-09-2009, 10:07 PM
It's been so easy for the Cavs that it's not even fun to watch their games...

Once they actually play a true playoff team like the Magic, it will be a nice long series. The Cavs lost in a 40 point blowout to them already so it's bound to be a good series.

Yuushi12
05-09-2009, 10:11 PM
I would take the Cavs route any day.

+1 :toast

Balance
05-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Once they actually play a true playoff team like the Magic, it will be a nice long series. The Cavs lost in a 40 point blowout to them already so it's bound to be a good series.

I like the Celtics better, but I got the point ;)

KSeal
05-09-2009, 10:20 PM
I like the Celtics better, but I got the point ;)

Really? They're so old and worn down it seems. Remember the second to last game of the year Boston went into Cleveland and got completely destroyed. Unless KG comes back, which looks doubtful, I think the Magic have a better chance at giving the Cavs a test.

mytespurs
05-09-2009, 10:23 PM

Nope, that honor goes to the Cleveland Cavaliers.....cakewalk for them thus far.....I seriously hope they get some competition in the next round....they need to get roughed a lose a game or two before the Finals....if they make it. :hat

Balance
05-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Really? They're so old and worn down it seems. Remember the second to last game of the year Boston went into Cleveland and got completely destroyed. Unless KG comes back, which looks doubtful, I think the Magic have a better chance at giving the Cavs a test.

I didn't watch many Magic games, so I can't really argue with that.
It's just that I really like Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen...
(and Eddie House...)

td4mvp21
05-09-2009, 10:33 PM
He's satirizing DrHouse. Some of you are fucking stupid.

KSeal
05-09-2009, 10:36 PM
He's satirizing DrHouse. Some of you are fucking stupid.

That's how he tried to play it off as once he realized his facts were totally wrong. DrHouses thread was 100% accurate.

resistanze
05-09-2009, 10:37 PM
That's how he tried to play it off as once he realized his facts were totally wrong. DrHouses thread was 100% accurate.

Except for the fact that the Cavs don't have the easiest road in history, right?

KSeal
05-09-2009, 10:43 PM
Except for the fact that the Cavs don't have the easiest road in history, right?

Care to tell.

resistanze
05-09-2009, 10:59 PM
Care to tell.

Did you not post in DrHouse's thread where the 2002 Nets, 2001 76ers, and 1987 Lakers were brought up?

KSeal
05-09-2009, 11:10 PM
Did you not post in DrHouse's thread where the 2002 Nets, 2001 76ers, and 1987 Lakers were brought up?

Well you're one of the most biased Laker haters on the board so you can act as if the Cavs don't have an easy road, that's fine. Weather it's the easiest road or not, that's up for debate but it's one of the easiest in NBA history that's for sure. Lakers road is starting to look pretty easy too with all these injuries but trying to act like it's as easy as the Cavs is just stupid.

E20
05-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Lebron's a fucking beast.

KSeal
05-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Lebron's a fucking beast.

Why don't you start a thread about it already :lmao Can you fit his whole cock in your mouth or do you just have to suck the head?

iggypop123
05-09-2009, 11:18 PM
the jazz had a better record than the second round opponent the hawks. enough said

resistanze
05-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Well you're one of the most biased Laker haters on the board so you can act as if the Cavs don't have an easy road, that's fine. Weather it's the easiest road or not, that's up for debate but it's one of the easiest in NBA history that's for sure. Lakers road is starting to look pretty easy too with all these injuries but trying to act like it's as easy as the Cavs is just stupid.

I could care less about the Lakers, I just love shitting on homer Laker fans. Especially the type that appeared like cockroaches after the Gasol trade.

Why the hell do you care about the Cavs' schedule? That's the point. Focus on your team taking care of business. Last time I checked, the number one seed in ANY sports comes with benefits.

j.dizzle
05-09-2009, 11:52 PM
Houstons bench would beat Det & Atl..Orl/ Cle will be a real good series if that happens..Howard will probably aveage 14 blocks & 7 Poster Dunks a game haha..Actually lemme take that back..He would probably average 7 blocks a game since Cle is a jumpshooing team like Orl..Whoever hits more 3's & jumpshots will win that series :lol

KSeal
05-10-2009, 12:58 AM

So by your logic the Cavs stand no chance against the Lakers if they were to meet in the Finals?

JoeTait75
05-10-2009, 01:01 AM
So by your logic the Cavs stand no chance against the Lakers if they were to meet in the Finals?

Consider this chain yanked.

j-money24
05-10-2009, 01:42 AM
:lmao at Cav fan.

Injury depleted Hawks team and a pathetic DET team don't even begin to compare to the Jazz and Rockets.

And another injured Orlando/Boston team.

KidCongo
05-10-2009, 01:44 AM

Judging from your logic, we will have the easiest finals if we meet the Cavs.

I got that insight from another guy.

KSeal
05-10-2009, 01:46 AM
lol

RsxPiimp
05-10-2009, 02:42 AM
Regardless of the OP's intention, Cavs has the easiest route possibly in league history. Detroit are blow .500 and were playing 380% ball before the playoffs began. Hawks doesnt have Al Horford and Marvin Williams. To make matters worst, Joe Johnson took an early vacation shooting 40% from the field, 20% 3fg and 4 TO a game. And oh yeah, he's giving the Hawks a healthy 10 ppg. Fuck, just to show you how bad the Hawks are. They are relying on Josh dumbass Smith to save them from the Cavs. Josh Fucking Smith as the # 1 option? WTF is that POS.

So yes. The Cavs have the easiest route in the Finals. No fucking question.

Ghazi
05-10-2009, 02:45 AM
380% ball is impossible FWIW.

NewJerSpur
05-10-2009, 02:54 AM
Well, the Lakers proved in the regular season that they are more than a match for the Cavs, so it may be up to the Magic, who proved they were a match for the Lakers, to take them out if/when they arrive there.

Ghazi
05-10-2009, 03:00 AM
Both those games were in final minute though that could've gone either way, and Jameer was big in both.

Dont think magic could beat lakers

cleveland can though, and will!

RsxPiimp
05-10-2009, 03:03 AM
380% ball is impossible FWIW.

They lost 12 games out of their last 21 meetings.

NewJerSpur
05-10-2009, 03:07 AM
Both those games were in final minute though that could've gone either way, and Jameer was big in both.

Dont think magic could beat lakers

cleveland can though, and will!

Don't know about the last part of that last part, but the Magic have still put on some pretty strong performances in the absence of some key players this year. They're a darkhorse no doubt, but a dangerous one IMO.

La Peace
05-10-2009, 04:01 AM
^

Agreed, I hope Magic dont get to the finals more than anything. Their combo of Howard and 3pt shooters is our ether.

KSeal
05-10-2009, 05:24 AM
Yeah, the Cavs are the easier match up no doubt. Though Nelson being out helps a lot cause he really killed us in those two game this year but still I think the Cavs are better for us.

Capt Bringdown
05-10-2009, 06:24 AM
It's a down year with too many teams racked by freakish injuries. History will not be kind to whoever wins this year. *Placeholder Champions*

spurscenter
05-10-2009, 07:53 AM
Denver is scoring mad crazy, I think lakers will have their hands full with the Nuggets.

Cleveland will beat the Lakers if the refs call it fair

The_Game
05-10-2009, 08:18 AM
Cleveland will beat the Lakers if the refs call it fair

Shouldn't that be the other way around?

DrHouse
05-10-2009, 11:07 AM
Cavs sweep the Lakers in 2

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-10-2009, 11:29 AM
It's a down year with too many teams racked by freakish injuries. History will not be kind to whoever wins this year. *Placeholder Champions*

Definitely looking to be a bad year this year for NBA fans. Even the regular season sucked --two and a half elite teams, the rest of the good, potentially great teams phoned it in. The last three years had great competitive series during the playoffs. We've yet to have any significant series battles outside of the Chicago- Boston one, and that will be forgotten in two weeks since it was an inconsequential 1st round victory. (unlike the Mavs upset)
The Rockets-Lakers series had the potential to be something to watch, but is turning out to be a real fugazy of a competitive series, since game 2 -- and I doubt the Rockets make the series anything but a boring elimination...

While Nuggets are tough offensively as well, I don't know if see the Lakers under Phil's guidance being outwitted by George Karl.
All the East Coast match-ups are yawners with Lebron beasting....

This might actually be the first year in a while where the Finals series will actually be more interesting to watch than the preceding rounds.