PDA

View Full Version : Dirk is a class act!!!

scanry
05-09-2009, 09:27 PM
After watching the game, i just happen to notice how morons like Howard, Terry & co were bitching about the foul call and probably wanted a piece of the refs... :lol

Dirk on the other hand just left the court. That's what a player should do..

BTW the Spurs know the feeling, but i'm glad none of our players didn't pull a stunt like that in the years past...

Dirk deserves better than this shit....

timvp
05-09-2009, 09:28 PM
Yeah, Kenyon Martin needs to be punched in the face.

Was I the only one waiting to see if Dirk came across an exercise bike on his walk to the locker room?

blink
05-09-2009, 09:29 PM
man you kinda feel bad for dirk after putting up big numbers, having people find out about his love life/problems and being down 0-2. sucks.

Shank
05-09-2009, 09:31 PM
man you kinda feel bad for dirk after putting up big numbers, having people find out about his love life/problems and being down 0-3. sucks.

Shit.

Spursmania
05-09-2009, 09:35 PM
I agree, Dirk acted with class at the end of the game. Terry, Howard and "Bozo Cuban" acted par for the course. No surprises there.

Shank
05-09-2009, 09:35 PM
Maybe if the front office put up a little more effort in giving the guy some able help around him, he wouldn't be such a failure in some people's eyes. Look, we know the guy plays his ass off every night. Yes, he's not the greatest defender and yes he has his shortcomings. But for every poor shot late in a game, I can find 3-4 others when he's come through when it matters. There were guys in free agency and trades over the years that could have been had by the Mavericks, but they passed on them for a variety of reasons. After the Mavs are closed out here in the coming days, Cuban and Donnie (ugh) need to take a good, hard look at that roster, bite their lips and ship out some of the dead weight. I don't care if they "love" certain guys or if they've been here for years. If they're going to stick with Dirk as one of the main anchors of the team, then they need to realize his time is short and they need to go for it all within the next 2 years. Otherwise, you're just wasting the poor guy's time. He's put his fucking heart and soul into this team for 11 seasons now. The least they could do is put up more of an effort into making the roster better than it's been.

pauls931
05-09-2009, 09:37 PM
Cuban probably has a fine coming his way, nice going pegging a camera man just doing his job.

Findog
05-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Maybe if the front office put up a little more effort in giving the guy some able help around him, he wouldn't be such a failure in some people's eyes. Look, we know the guy plays his ass off every night. Yes, he's not the greatest defender and yes he has his shortcomings. But for every poor shot late in a game, I can find 3-4 others when he's come through when it matters. There were guys in free agency and trades over the years that could have been had by the Mavericks, but they passed on them for a variety of reasons. After the Mavs are closed out here in the coming days, Cuban and Donnie (ugh) need to take a good, hard look at that roster, bite their lips and ship out some of the dead weight. I don't care if they "love" certain guys or if they've been here for years. If they're going to stick with Dirk as one of the main anchors of the team, then they need to realize his time is short and they need to go for it all within the next 2 years. Otherwise, you're just wasting the poor guy's time. He's put his fucking heart and soul into this team for 11 seasons now. The least they could do is put up more of an effort into making the roster better than it's been.

I agree. That window is not open, but it's not fastened shut and bolted down either. Denver went from an 8th seed to clearly the 2nd-best team in the conference in very short order. The Lakers got Gasol and became an elite team. This team can be elite next year with a good offseason. And I think they have the resources to have a good offseason.

Ghazi
05-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Findog you have any names in mind to improve the team ?

Problem I see is Lebron and Kobe very good rosters, so while the Mavs can become better, can they TRULY become title contenders?

timvp
05-09-2009, 09:43 PM
Dirk is a beast. I already had a lot of respect for his game but I was impressed that he came out and shook off that personal situation without skipping a beat. No one could have blamed him if he didn't play well but he almost carried his team to a victory against a team that has a lot more talent. :tu

pauls931
05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
Findog you have any names in mind to improve the team ?

Problem I see is Lebron and Kobe very good rosters, so while the Mavs can become better, can they TRULY become title contenders?

Reminds me of when a spurs fan proposed a trade that would allow the suns to win a title. Problem was it involved the suns trading their entire team to the spurs in exchange for the spurs team. I admit that made me laugh.

Shank
05-09-2009, 09:45 PM
Why do I get this feeling that timvp and some of the other Spurs fans are baiting us just long enough to pull the rug out from under us and start ragging us again soon?

scanry
05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
Why do I get this feeling that timvp and some of the other Spurs fans are baiting us just long enough to pull the rug out from under us and start ragging us again soon?

I really don't give a shit about the rest of the Mavs team, but Dirk really deserves better. Cuban should really send him to a contender (like Cleveland or SA :p:). He'll compliment Duncan better than any player he's had in his career.

Spursmania
05-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Well you're not whining, you're just stating facts for now, right?:lol

Spursmania
05-09-2009, 09:52 PM
I really don't give a shit about the rest of the Mavs team, but Dirk really deserves better. Cuban should really send him to a contender (like Cleveland or SA :p:). He'll compliment Duncan better than any player he's had in his career.

yeah, we'll take Dirk in a heartbeat and Championship #5 here we come:p:

Findog
05-09-2009, 09:53 PM
The Mavs will resign Kidd, I'm pretty sure of it. I can see him signing with LA or Cleveland for the MLE, but not if the Mavs make him a decisively better offer. They have Stack and Damp's contracts as assets that other teams would want. They'll have their own MLE. They do have a first-round pick this year, so if they're lucky they might get a guy who makes the rotation next year. They spent their own MLE on Diop last year while the Nuggets signed the Birdman for the vet minimum. Bass was a diamond in the rough find for the vet minimum.

I think the Mavs can beef up their rotation and address a couple of weaknesses through the MLE, the draft pick, etc. But they'll probably have to turn Stack and Damp into something substantial to get back to elite level.

Shank
05-09-2009, 09:55 PM
From some of the hints he's been dropping, Cuban is going to open up the wallet big time this summer.

Too bad his and Donnie's eye for talent is generally shitty.

pauls931
05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
From some of the hints he's been dropping, Cuban is going to open up the wallet big time this summer.

Too bad his and Donnie's eye for talent is generally shitty.

Cuban seems to have an eye for bargain veteran players just off their peaks. I noticed their eye for talent is a bit iffy to, not that I can brag either.

sook
05-09-2009, 09:58 PM
This isn't a surprise, he didn't even retaliate to David Bitch Ass West. He is too focused on winnign

Nahtanoj
05-09-2009, 10:03 PM
way to save yourself some money, especially after the whole credit card fiasco.. wtg dirk

50 cent
05-09-2009, 10:04 PM
He was probably rushing to the locker room to assualt some excerise equipment.

Shank
05-09-2009, 10:07 PM
yeah, we'll take Dirk in a heartbeat and Championship #5 here we come:p:

Sadly, if that's what it's going to take for the guy to get one, I'd root him on as much as possible. Only for the one year, though. Then let him ride off in the sunset in peace.

DPG21920
05-09-2009, 10:08 PM

After all the shit talking that Mavs fans do, are you really surprised? Spurs fans hate the Mavs, but most respect Dirk.

Talking shit and rubbing it in has nothing to do with Dirk. Spurs would love to have Dirk.

baseline bum
05-09-2009, 10:10 PM

I was hoping for a Cuban/KMart fight there on the floor. See who's the king of loudmouth pussies.

Yuushi12
05-09-2009, 10:10 PM
i always liked dirk and kidd but i hate Terry howard and damp though oh and that shit named cuban

Shank
05-09-2009, 10:11 PM
After all the shit talking that Mavs fans do, are you really surprised?

:lol:lol:lol Not really.

Jacob1983
05-09-2009, 10:53 PM
Dirk comes off as the kind of person that holds back emotions and feelings. Well, I know he can get angry or excited during games but before and after games he's pretty mellow and laid back. He probably didn't say anything after the game because he's going through a bad time right now.

redzero
05-09-2009, 10:57 PM
I wish Chris Paul had the talent that Dirk has around him.

Mugen
05-09-2009, 11:03 PM
Dirk's class is only highlighted because of the bullshit antics of Cuban, Howard, and Terry.

what a bunch of clowns.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Dirk did say he prefers to keep his mind focused on basketball while that personal shit is still fresh...for an escape or respite or whatever.... Based on tonight's performance he really wants a LONGER post-season.
His teammates need to pick up the slack and help him out.

endrity
05-09-2009, 11:04 PM
I wish Chris Paul had the talent that Dirk has around him.

CP3 has an All-Star next to him, Dirk doesn't.

Budkin
05-09-2009, 11:11 PM
Dirk has always been a classy guy. Can't say that for anyone else associated with the Mavs.

dav4463
05-10-2009, 12:10 AM
Yeah, Dirk calmly walked off the court. .......Were there any exercise bikes around?

GSH
05-10-2009, 12:11 AM
Dirk on the other hand just left the court.

Dirk only left the court that quickly because he was scheduled for a deposition.

duncan228
05-10-2009, 12:19 AM
Dirk: 'This is as tough a loss as I've been a part of' (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/05/dirk-this-is-as-tough-a-loss-as-ive-been.html)
Tim MacMahon
Dallas Morning News

After three days of highly publicized personal drama (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/basketball/mavs/stories/050609dnmetdirkarrest.2712b2a3.html), Dirk delivered an epic performance. But Dirk and the Mavs didn't finish the job in Game 3 against Denver.

That made the one-point loss awfully difficult to swallow.

"I think this is about as tough of a loss as I've been a part of in my 11 years in the league," Dirk said.

That's probably heat-of-the-moment hyperbole. After all, three of the Mavs' losses in the '06 Finals were last-minute gut-punchers. But the broken-hearted big German can be excused for a little exaggeration.

Dirk's 33 points and 16 rebounds weren't enough to keep the Nuggets from taking a seemingly insurmountable 3-0 lead. He just couldn't get a shot to drop down the stretch, missing his final five shots, including an off-balance 30-foot prayer at the buzzer. That, combined with some missed free throws and a controversial no-call before Carmelo Anthony's game-winner, probably sealed the Mavs' fate in this series.

Dirk, as stand-up a superstar as you'll ever see, doesn't want anybody to think the bizarre tale of his multi-aliased alleged fiancee landing in jail had any impact whatsoever on this game. There was no questioning his focus as he carried the Mavs on his back for three quarters.

"It was a tough week for me and my family, but I stuck with it," Dirk said. "If you go through tough times in your life, basketball is always an (escape). It's what we love to do, and I felt good out there. I tried to be aggressive early, made a couple of shots and had a good rhythm until the end of the game."

That left Dirk devastated, adding to the pain of what might be the worst week of his life.

DeadlyDynasty
05-10-2009, 12:21 AM
33 and 16...great game, tough loss

lefty
05-10-2009, 12:21 AM
I feel bad a guy lile Dirk is playing with so many morons

The Mavs don't deserve him

redzero
05-10-2009, 12:23 AM
CP3 has an All-Star next to him, Dirk doesn't.

And that's the only thing Paul's team has it over Dirk's.

Spursfan092120
05-10-2009, 01:05 AM
Gained some respect for Dirk-a-Dirk today...dude was VERY classy.

monosylab1k
05-10-2009, 01:14 AM
The Mavs will resign Kidd, I'm pretty sure of it.

Didn't Jason Terry already say Kidd was gone after this season? I'm pretty sure he said that after we eliminated the Spurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs.

mavsfan1000
05-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Dirk looked very depressed. Hope he is ok.

DrHouse
05-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Fuck Dirk just come to LAL next season for the MLE and get a ring with us.

Stop wasting your career and life away in DAL.

DAF86
05-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Dirk is cool. I like him 'cause he is not cocky at all, unlike 99% of the players now in the NBA. I'm so sick and tired of seeing guys with their "I'm the shit" faces everytime they make a fucking basket. That's also why I like the Spurs so much, there's not a single player in the Spurs that does that shit (Well maybe Parker and Mason, but they don't do it very often).

dirk4mvp
05-10-2009, 03:15 AM
Quick, someone shit out an exercise bike joke before someone else thinks of it!

Avitus1
05-10-2009, 03:31 AM
dirk has always been a classy guy. Can't say that for anyone else associated with the mavs.

+1

sonic21
05-10-2009, 05:50 AM
f##k cuban for wasting the end of dirk's prime, i hope he'll become a spurs in 2010.

Basketballgirl25
05-10-2009, 05:55 AM

Cuban needs to be punched as well:ihit

Findog
05-10-2009, 11:04 AM
http://20secondtimeout.blogspot.com/2009/05/melos-late-three-pointer-after-blown.html

The Mavericks will be out of the playoffs soon, so now is as good a time as any to address some of the recent criticism of Nowitzki. TNT's studio crew--Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith and Chris Webber--has been just killing Nowitzki, mainly because of some of Nowitzki's comments during a recent interview. In response to a question about Denver's defense, Nowitzki listed the various positive attributes of several individual Denver defenders. The TNT analysts insist that Nowitzki gave Denver's players far too much credit and that, as a great player, he should simply say that the Nuggets play hard but no one can really stop him. While I do agree with Smith's observation that Kobe Bryant would not be so deferential toward an opponent, I think that overall the TNT guys are missing the forest for the trees here. Nowitzki's comments might be an issue if in fact the Nuggets were shutting him down but he is averaging 32 ppg and 11.7 rpg while shooting .525 from the field in this series. Nowitzki's reaction to their criticism is that he is a humble person who is willing to give credit to his opponents when they play well. One of the interesting dynamics about the American media is that athletes are encouraged to speak with candor but then they are raked over the coals for expressing honest, well thought out sentiments; no wonder so many athletes either choose to speak nothing but cliches and/or do their best to avoid being interviewed at all. I would be interested to hear exactly what question Nowitzki was asked before he delivered his much criticized sound bite, because I suspect that he did not simply start praising certain Nuggets players for no reason; he was probably asked to describe specifically how Denver is guarding him and he chose to answer honestly and analytically instead of boastfully or with empty cliches.

In some circles, Nowitzki is derided as a "soft" player but there is very little objective evidence to support that. Yes, his Mavericks squandered a 2-0 lead in the 2006 Finals versus the Miami Heat, but guarding 2006 Finals MVP Dwyane Wade was not his assignment. Nowitzki averaged 22.8 ppg and 10.8 rpg in that series; he shot just .390 from the field but teams tend to focus on stopping superstars in the playoffs: to cite just two recent examples, 2008 Finals MVP Paul Pierce shot .432 from the field in the Finals and 2005 Finals MVP Tim Duncan averaged 20.6 ppg while shooting .419 from the field. Nowitzki's "sin" is that his team lost but he could not singlehandedly change that outcome. In 2007, Nowitzki won the regular season MVP after leading the Mavericks to a 67-15 record but he ended up receiving that award in a very anticlimactic ceremony that took place after his Mavericks were upset in the first round by the Golden State Warriors. Nowitzki did not distinguish himself in that series but the real problem for the Mavericks is that they psyched themselves out before the series even began, changing their starting lineup and electing to play a slow down game that actually worked in Golden State's favor: they were able to harass Nowitzki and get stops, after which they still played at their normal fast pace. The Mavericks would have been much better served to also play at a fast pace, providing Nowitzki the opportunity to get open shots in transition instead of having to deal with swarming defenders in the half court set. Nowitzki's selection as the MVP received a lot of criticism in the wake of the Golden State series but I maintained at that time that those negative comments were unwarranted; although I would have chosen Kobe Bryant as the MVP that year, if the criteria being used was to select the best player on the best regular season team then Nowitzki earned the award--and one subpar playoff series did not alter the fact that he has put together a great career playoff resume. Nowitzki's career playoff scoring average of 25.1 ppg ranks 14th in NBA history, ahead of such notables as Rick Barry, Kobe Bryant, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Larry Bird, Tim Duncan--not to mention Charles Barkley (24th, 23.0 ppg) and Chris Webber (62nd, 18.7 ppg); Nowitzki's career playoff rebounding average of 11.0 rpg ranks 23rd in NBA history, better than Karl Malone, David Robinson, Abdul-Jabbar, Patrick Ewing, Willis Reed, Bird--and Webber (53rd, 8.7 rpg). For the record, Barkley ranks ninth all-time with a 12.9 rpg average but Nowitzki is one of just five players in NBA history (Bob Pettit, Elgin Baylor, Hakeem Olajuwon and Shaquille O'Neal are the others) to post career playoff averages of better than 25 ppg and 11 rpg.

Nowitzki has not just put up empty numbers, either; he has had many clutch playoff performances:

* Nowitzki had four straight playoff games with at least 30 points and 15 rebounds, spanning a game five loss to Duncan's Spurs in 2001 and Dallas' three game first round sweep of Kevin Garnett's Minnesota Timberwolves in 2002; the last player to accompish that was Abdul-Jabbar in 1977 with the Lakers and 1970 with the Bucks.
* Nowitzki's 42 defensive rebounds in the 2002 Minnesota series were the second most in a three game playoff span since 1973-74, when the NBA began separately tracking offensive and defensive rebounds (Hall of Famer Bob McAdoo set the record in 1976 with 43 defensive rebounds).
* Nowitzki had 25 points and 20 rebounds in a 141-137 game three victory over the Sacramento Kings on May 10, 2003, becoming just the fourth player under the age of 25 to have a 20-20 playoff game since 1991 (Shaquille O'Neal did this twice, Shawn Kemp and Jermaine O'Neal did it once each).
* In 2003, Nowitzki had at least 30 points and 10 rebounds in back to back game sevens, joining Olajuwon, Kevin McHale, Bird, Elvin Hayes, Wilt Chamberlain and Pettit as the only players to accomplish that feat. Webber should well remember the second of Nowitzki's 30-10 games, a 30 point, 19 rebound outing against Webber's Kings (Webber did not play due to injury).
* In 2006, Nowitzki had 50 points and 12 rebounds in a playoff win versus Phoenix, becoming just the fifth player since 1970 to put up 50-10 in a playoff game.

Note that in his big playoff games Nowitzki not only scored a lot but he also grabbed double digit rebounds; soft players do not repeatedly have those kinds of multidimensional performances.

Spurminator
05-10-2009, 11:37 AM
I hate the fact that Dirk has taken it to the basket in the fourth quarter of a close Playoff game ONE TIME IN HIS CAREER and it's the play that robbed us of the 2006 Championship.

sribb43
05-10-2009, 12:04 PM
Dirk and Kidd back next season, everyone else is gone

Spursfan092120
05-10-2009, 12:08 PM
Dirk and Kidd back next season, everyone else is gone
I don't know man..I wouldn't let go of Terry just yet..dude's been cold blooded lately.

LakeShow
05-10-2009, 12:20 PM
After watching the game, i just happen to notice how morons like Howard, Terry & co were bitching about the foul call and probably wanted a piece of the refs... :lol

Dirk on the other hand just left the court. That's what a player should do..

BTW the Spurs know the feeling, but i'm glad none of our players didn't pull a stunt like that in the years past.......

Dirk is a class act because he left the court? :lol GMAB

He obviously is having issues with the surrogate mother carrying he and Cuban's child so I won't hit a man when he's down but that is what the Mavs lack in Dirk is leadership. The captain should have plead the mavs case. I can't stand Terry or Howard either but what they did was not wrong.

I won't even touch on the reference to the spurs because that is ludicrous!

BUMP
05-10-2009, 02:19 PM
Fuck, I don't give a damn what anybody says about Dirk he is the perfect athlete in today's game and the only reason Spurfan doesn't realize it, is because they have been privileged with guys like David and Tim who are one of the few that are better. :clap

Never has had trouble off the court, always been known as a great teammate, and came so close to carrying a team with a bunch of nobodies to a freaking championship. :elephant :elephant

I say trade Dirk to Cleveland so he can win a damn championship, cause he definitely deserves it the way he has poured his heart and soul into this shit frachise :madrun

DPG21920
05-10-2009, 02:20 PM
Trade Dirk to SA. You love Duncan. Mavs fans loved Fin and rhe Spurs got him his ring. They can do it again.

pauls931
05-10-2009, 02:24 PM
Years back I had Jason Terry on my fantasy team while he was with atlanta. Everyone was begging me for a trade a month into the season since I was killing on scoring. I'd keep him.

J_Paco
05-10-2009, 02:45 PM
Fuck Dirk. The guy maybe humble off-court, but he's a cocky, arrogant motherfucker on in it. God, how many times have I had to suffer seeing that idiot flex his arms (triceps???) or do that tongue wagging bullshit. I can't say he's the Mav I hate most, has to be Cuban, but he damn sure is lumped in with Howard and Terry on the court. Much like Malone, Nash and Stoudemire, if Dirk never wins a title I'd be happy. :flipoff:flipoff:flipoff

Oh, he's a great player though, a sure-fire HOF'er, has incredible range for a seven-footer and is the most unique player in the league. But, I still hate his fucking guts!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/images/dirk-nowitzki.jpg
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/dirk12.jpg

Hornets1
05-10-2009, 03:28 PM
Ive always liked dirk. He's honest, humble, and an amazing player. I feel worse for chauncey however, due to the amount to stupidity and thuggery around him. Carmelo's not as bad as he was as far as attitude goes. Denver has immense talent. Which is why they are one of the top teams in the league. I just hate K-Mart more than any other player in the league. He was trash-talking fans at game 3 of the hornets series in nola. Complete thug piece of shit garbage. The red lips tattoo on his neck just happens to be a perfect microcosm of the piece of shit kenyon martin is. JR is another dumbass with nearly unlimited potential. The shitty thing is that these guys are only getting close to their potential b/c chauncey has become an adult babysitter. I am happy for chris andersen. I hope he stays clean, b/c he could be a great bigman for years to come. Denver has him and smith playing bench roles that perfectly suit their game.

NugzFan
05-11-2009, 01:42 AM

not sure if its been mentioned so far in this thread but kmart was trying to calm howard down. not start or instigate anything.

dav4463
05-11-2009, 03:23 AM
I would love to see Dirk come to the Spurs. He would be an incredible player here. He wouldn't have to be the main man and that would only make him better.

He could win a championship and stick it to the Mavs just like Michael Finley did !

MavDynasty
05-11-2009, 08:35 AM
Fuck Dirk. The guy maybe humble off-court, but he's a cocky, arrogant motherfucker on in it. God, how many times have I had to suffer seeing that idiot flex his arms (triceps???) or do that tongue wagging bullshit. I can't say he's the Mav I hate most, has to be Cuban, but he damn sure is lumped in with Howard and Terry on the court. Much like Malone, Nash and Stoudemire, if Dirk never wins a title I'd be happy. :flipoff:flipoff:flipoff

Oh, he's a great player though, a sure-fire HOF'er, has incredible range for a seven-footer and is the most unique player in the league. But, I still hate his fucking guts!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.detroitbadboys.com/images/dirk-nowitzki.jpg
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/dirk12.jpg

LoLuMaD?

Shank
05-11-2009, 08:46 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03Hz4Ci4GEgUn/340x.jpg

Rogue
05-11-2009, 08:50 AM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/03Hz4Ci4GEgUn/340x.jpg
reir mi asno apagado en Tony Longoria

Basketballgirl25
05-11-2009, 10:40 AM
Dirk is a class act, I find him a little overrated by Dirk fans, more then Lebron, but Dirk is much better then Cuban(reason I hate the mavs)

dav4463
05-11-2009, 12:49 PM
Dirk is a class act, I find him a little overrated by Dirk fans, more then Lebron, but Dirk is much better then Cuban(reason I hate the mavs)

I'm with you. I don't think I would even hate the Mavs if that little bitch cuban wasn't the owner.

hater
05-11-2009, 12:53 PM
Dirk is no class act. He is a little bitch when he plays vs. Spurs. But he is definitely one of the least hateable players on the mavs. He's a pussy though

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-11-2009, 01:09 PM
Dirk is the sole reason everyone refers to Mavs fans as faggots. Mavs fans should hate him.

Why? That team was irrelevant before he came along and had been irrelevant for the better part of a decade.

sonic21
05-11-2009, 03:27 PM
dirk is the sole reason i don't hate the mavs