PDA

View Full Version : Math is extremely simple here.

Mavs<Spurs
05-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Nuggets up 3-0 on the Mavericks.

Best of 7 series.

First team to win 4 games wins the series.

Four (4) games left.

:wow

Don't need to be a ph.d. mathematics student to figure this one out.
Much easier than topology, ring theory or fields (from abstract algebra).

I can see what Wright is saying. And I can see the legitimacy of the complaint. Mav fans do have a real complaint here.

Still, Wright could have done a lot more to contest the shot until Melo actually released the shot.

Mavs could have done some things to prevent this game from being in the hands of the refs. First, they could have taken better care of their defensive boards and limited penetration. It was a very bad sign that the Nuggets were still in the game when they shot 33% for the first half after the Mavs were already down 2-0. The Mavs should have felt a sense of desperation that should have led them to grab the defensive rebounds.

Mav fans, you should win game 4.

In all sincerity, I'm sorry that you all got stuck with this non-call.
and again, in all sincerity, at least you all beat us this year.
Mavs this year are definitely considerably better than Spurs (as the series showed).

And I am not being sarcastic here, so don't ask if I am being sarcastic.

Spursfan092120
05-10-2009, 01:03 AM
are you being sarcastic. :)

Mavs<Spurs
05-10-2009, 01:26 AM
are you being sarcastic. :)

No!

I don't know what came over me, but I decided to try to be nice to Mavs Fans.

Obviously, from my point of view, I wanted the Spurs to win and I want the Nuggets to win.

But from the viewpoint of the Mavs fans, at least they can say to themselves that they did beat us and they will probably win game 4.

:nope

Cry Havoc
05-10-2009, 01:33 AM
They got demolished in the first two games of the series. Championship teams don't do that and then drop a close game. They shouldn't have even let Denver in a position to win tonight.

As per usual, their guys have confidence against the Spurs and no one else (besides Dirk, he's a baller).

Mavs<Spurs
05-10-2009, 02:06 AM
They got demolished in the first two games of the series. Championship teams don't do that and then drop a close game. They shouldn't have even let Denver in a position to win tonight.

As per usual, their guys have confidence against the Spurs and no one else (besides Dirk, he's a baller).

+ 1

Obviously, this series is over for all practical purposes.
However, I think that in general, it is easier to comeback and win a game after you lost the last one when you take ownership of the loss and focus on what you could have done better that cost you the ballgame. It doesn't say that you would have had a much better chance to win the game had the refs made a different (and better) call. However, it means that you are focused on what you can do (your part) to help your team win a game and not focused on what the refs do (which you can't control- which could also lead to fatalism).

So, Dirk had the right response to the loss. Rick Carlisle and others not so much.

The Mavs need to focus on what they can actually control and improve on. If they do that, then chances are better that they will win the next game.

Mavs<Spurs
05-10-2009, 02:15 AM
One more point. You're down 2-0 in a best of 7 series.
You're up 4 points in game 3 at home with 30 seconds left in the game.
You have to find a way to win that game, bad noncall or not.

I agree with Melo when he said that the dunk that he got (before his game winning 3) was the pivotal and most important play of the game. They should not have let Melo score that quickly and easily. If they stop the Nuggets from scoring until there is less than 24 seconds left in the game, then the Mavs get the ball back up 2 (assuming Melo still scores). And now, you shoot free throws and if you make the free throws, you win the game.

This is the same reason why I agree with Doug Collins about the 98 Bulls championship against the Jazz. The most important play in the last game of that NBA Finals was when Jordan can and stole the ball from Malone and scored so quickly. That meant that a stop and a score would win it for the Bulls.

If they defend that next to the last play better, then they don't have to score or try to run a play (an iso for Dirk). They can simply hold the ball and wait for the foul. They had to run a play because they let Melo score so quickly.

If they had stopped Melo from scoring until there was less than 24 seconds left on the game clock, then that noncall would be a nonissue.

Rogue
05-10-2009, 05:15 AM
nuestro ninos en azul era aun bueno como viejo tiempo, pero la propietario y la director era ambos pedazos de mierda. Yo repetir, Mark Cuban y Donnie Nelson era dos pedazos de mierda. nosotros abanicos era aun bueno, ninos en azul era bueno tambien, pero thre idiotas destruir la equipo. Carlisle es tambien un idiota.

Mavs<Spurs
05-10-2009, 07:30 AM
nuestro ninos en azul era aun bueno como viejo tiempo, pero la propietario y la director era ambos pedazos de mierda. Yo repetir, Mark Cuban y Donnie Nelson era dos pedazos de mierda. nosotros abanicos era aun bueno, ninos en azul era bueno tambien, pero thre idiotas destruir la equipo. Carlisle es tambien un idiota.

Please conjugate your verbs and please watch your noun adjective agreement-- it is annoying to read otherwise.

Thank you.

Otherwise, a decent attempt.

Diversity is a good thing and I'm not trying to discourage you.
So, I hope that you take this in the positive spirit in which it is meant.