PDA

View Full Version : Boston/Orando only series worth watching now!

Mavs<Spurs
05-10-2009, 07:18 AM
Houston is done. Even with Houston having won game 1 and with a healthy Yao, I figured that LA would get at least one of games 3 and 4 and win the series. Now, simply with having taken a 2-1 lead, even with a healthy Yao, they were the prohibitive favorites. Without Yao, the Rockets can't win another game. Lakers in five.

Mavericks are done. Mavericks had a tough break last night. But they could have avoided allowing the game to be in the refs hands. They didn't. Mavericks will probably win game 4. However, the likelihood of them winning four straight games against a team that has beaten them the last 7 times that they have played is just about nil. It's never happened before and this isn't going to be the first time that it does.

Atlanta is done. (They weren't going to win before and now with Joe Johnson injured, it's completely hopeless).

So, the Boston/Orlando series is the only interesting series.

If Boston wins game 4, then Boston probably wins the series.
So, for this series to stay really interesting, Orlando must win game 4.

I agreed with Anthony Johnson: if the player receiving the pass goes toward the ball, the steal is not made. I disagree with Coach Van Gundy sitting Anthony Johnson on the bench the fourth quarter. However, he got away with it largely because of Hedo's ball handling skills.

Hedo's triple threat ability, pass, drive, shoot, makes him dangerous. In addition, Rashard Lewis can post up as well as hit the 3. And then there is SuperMan who must stay out of foul trouble.

Ray Allen and Paul Pierce have not both been able to get going at the same time. Rajon Ronda has played relatively well, but they need scoring out of him. The assists and the rebounding have mostly been there. Perkins and Davis must stay out of foul trouble.

Game 4 should be interesting. We'll probably see a different Celtics team out there in game 4 because the Celtics will really want to avoid going down 3-1. Celtics are slight favorites to win game 4.

Neither the Celtics nor the Magic can beat the Cavs in a best of 7 game series. However, both teams will probably win a game or two against the Cavs. The Magic are probably a slightly better team and might give the Cavs a tougher time.

The Nuggets have been very impressive this postseason and the Lakers have not been impressive this post season, so far. Therefore, I think that the Lakers Nuggets series (practically inevitable at this point) will be pretty competitive. The Lakers are the favorites in the series, but they are not prohibitive favorites. Nuggets have the athleticism to compete with the Lakers and can put up the points necessary to be competitive against the Lakers. In addition, the Nuggets acquisition of Chauncey Billups greatly increased their discipline, their defense and their ability to win close games down the stretch. Therefore, I would say that the Lakers are only slight favorites to win that series and it is quite possible that the Nuggets could be the Lakers in a best of 7 series.

So, the Nuggets-Lakers series should be an interesting one.

And the winner of that series against the Cavs should be pretty good too.

Who do you think will win the Boston-Orlando series ?

Predictions for game 4 ?

And do you think that the Nuggets Lakers series will be competitive ?

KSeal
05-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Nuggets will sweep the Lakers, Cavs will sweep the Magic, Cavs will sweep the Nuggets with LBJ averaging 67 points 24 rebounds and 19 assists per game. Kobe will commit suicide and LBJ will carry on to win 12 NBA titles in a row cementing himself as the greatest human to ever walk the earth.

Mavs<Spurs
05-10-2009, 07:41 AM
Nuggets will sweep the Lakers(insane), [I]Cavs will sweep the Magic[ (unlikely) /I], Cavs will sweep the Nuggets with LBJ averaging 67 points 24 rebounds and 19 assists per game (uh-no) . Kobe will commit suicide and LBJ will carry on to win 12 NBA titles in a row cementing himself as the greatest human to ever walk the earth (you must be crazy) .

Step away from the keyboard, slowly. Put your hands in the air and take two steps backward. Sit down and cross your ankles.

This is the Sane Poster Police: You are under arrest for posting a couple of crazy thoughts.
:lol:(:nope

Kamnik
05-10-2009, 07:51 AM
Playoffs are becoming crappier by the day... not much worth watching right now :/

timtonymanu
05-10-2009, 07:54 AM
yea the playoffs suck this year. too many playoff teams had star players missing. it's too predictable already. Im looking forward however to the Nuggets/Lakers series next round.

Capt Bringdown
05-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Nuggets/LA series might be interesting. But it seems the script this year is about Kobe vs LeBron. Just as last year, you knew it was going to be Lakers/Celtics in the finals.

And I suspect the Kobe/LeBron final will be just as dull and anticlimatic as last year's Celtics/Lakers.
Prepare for the obligatory mediagasm when the Lakers/Kobe/PJ win the title however.

pauls931
05-10-2009, 12:36 PM
No team has swept their way to the title right?

Mavs<Spurs
05-10-2009, 06:52 PM

I don't think it happened before.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-10-2009, 06:56 PM

Several teams have only lost one game but I think you're right about that.

I know there was the Fo Fi Fo 76ers and the Fo Fo Fi 2001 Lakers but i think that's the closest.

iggypop123
05-10-2009, 06:59 PM
its been boring. we need a fight. maybe smith spits on lebron or something.

Mavs<Spurs
05-10-2009, 07:26 PM
its been boring. we need a fight. maybe smith spits on lebron or something.

:lol

LakerHater
05-10-2009, 07:37 PM
Several teams have only lost one game but I think you're right about that.

I know there was the Fo Fi Fo 76ers and the Fo Fo Fi 2001 Lakers but i think that's the closest.

The Sixers did that when there was a 1st round bye!

lefty
05-10-2009, 07:38 PM
This year: NHL playoffs > NBA playoffs

Mavs<Spurs
05-10-2009, 08:33 PM
This year: NHL playoffs > NBA playoffs

True, unfortunately.

Cool avatar- Rest In Peace, Chuck Daly !

nhan
05-10-2009, 08:56 PM
houston is done. Even with houston having won game 1 and with a healthy yao, i figured that la would get at least one of games 3 and 4 and win the series. Now, simply with having taken a 2-1 lead, even with a healthy yao, they were the prohibitive favorites. Without yao, the rockets can't win another game. Lakers in five.

orly?