PDA

View Full Version : Rivers: Foul right way, not Wright way

gaKNOW!blee
05-10-2009, 02:41 PM
"The wrap-up also takes longer than raking a guy across the arms, and it reduces the chance that he can get off an attempt and get three foul shots," Rivers said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4156063

Spursfan092120
05-10-2009, 02:43 PM
:tu Exactly..and tell the officials what you're going to do. And don't raise your hands like you didn't foul. I really think Dallas was trying to play D. I don't think they were trying to foul. I just think they didn't expect the 3. I think they thought they were going to play D on the 2 and didn't expect Denver to have the balls to go for the tough win in a playoff game. Denver showed them wrong.

VI_Massive
05-10-2009, 02:45 PM
:tu Exactly..and tell the officials what you're going to do. And don't raise your hands like you didn't foul. I really think Dallas was trying to play D. I don't think they were trying to foul. I just think they didn't expect the 3. I think they thought they were going to play D on the 2 and didn't expect Denver to have the balls to go for the tough win in a playoff game. Denver showed them wrong.

I disagree, but the fact that there is even a plausible debate means Dallas wasn't clear on their intentions.

baseline bum
05-10-2009, 02:46 PM
:lol cold

Spursfan092120
05-10-2009, 02:47 PM
I disagree, but the fact that there is even a plausible debate means Dallas wasn't clear on their intentions.
Of course they weren't..the refs weren't told, he raised his hands like he didn't foul...I honestly think they weren't trying to foul, and now they're trying to cover their tracks. I could be wrong, but it's my opinion.

Jeremy
05-10-2009, 02:49 PM
Of course they weren't..the refs weren't told, he raised his hands like he didn't foul...I honestly think they weren't trying to foul, and now they're trying to cover their tracks. I could be wrong, but it's my opinion.

Then why did he stop guarding Melo?

jack sommerset
05-10-2009, 02:53 PM
No doubt the Mavs got fucked on that call BUT they let the Nuggets stick around! I still don't get why they keep Josh Howard in any game with 2 minutes left. He missed a free throw and turned over the ball, then fouled a Nugget. Just take his ass out when the 2 minute mark rolls around.

Spursfan092120
05-10-2009, 02:56 PM
Then why did he stop guarding Melo?
Because he raised his hands up...he probably scared himself shitless after he bumped him, thinking the zebra was calling a foul.

Flux451
05-10-2009, 03:32 PM
3 Reasons Why Wright didn't get the call:

1. Wright made a mistake in not making a more blantant foul.

2. Wright put up innocent hands.

3. Ref took his eyes off Wright after first minute foul and focused on Anthony's feet to see if out of bounds.