PDA

View Full Version : The rockets don't have any center.

sook
05-10-2009, 08:12 PM
Just thought I'd get that out there.

LakerHater
05-10-2009, 08:29 PM
& the flakers can't play small ball!

Artest93
05-10-2009, 08:34 PM
You know you're undermanned when Brian Cook plays in a playoff game.....either that, or you're up big

scanry
05-10-2009, 08:38 PM
Your signature reminds of Radmanovic. The Lakers sure could use him right about now. They should've traded Luke Walton to the Bobcats instead.

I don't see the Lakers signing Lamar this off season, and Ariza might bolt as well. Hope the Spurs snatch Ariza by offering him the full MLE for the next 3-4 years. The guy is worth it.

Roxsfan
05-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Dont you wish you had Scott Novak right now!

Steve Novak?

or

Scott Padgett?

lil_penny
05-10-2009, 08:45 PM
I wouldn't say the lakers have a center either though lol they have size, but you guys have the quickness.. so far its working out for you guys, unlike the 60 million dollar man for them.

Artest93
05-10-2009, 08:47 PM
PJ: SIT DOWN BITCH

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2009-05/46834752.jpg

Hemotivo
05-10-2009, 10:33 PM

:wow

Indazone
05-10-2009, 10:37 PM
We got a Center, his name is Luis Scola! Scola Center for the Argentina National Team. Not sure about Hayes at PF though. I guess Adleman has decided Hayes is better defending the other team's big. Hayes isn't a bad choice. He's a defensive holdover from the JVG days. I'd rather see Landry with more than 11 minutes though.

Jacko
05-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Rockets may not have a C but they have several great low post defenders in Scola, Hayes, and Landry.

Yao Ming going down was the best thing to ever happen to the Rockets in this series.

SouthTexasRancher
05-10-2009, 11:55 PM
Just thought I'd get that out there.

And the centerless team embarrASSed the hell out of the Fakers today. Good job, Houston!!! Had they played like that on Friday they would be wrapping the series up in Game 5.

Indazone
05-10-2009, 11:58 PM
Gotta wonder how T-Mac and Yao are feeling after this Rockets team keeps winning without em.

Lars
05-11-2009, 12:34 AM
We may be able to small ball our way into to eliminating the Lakers, but it would be bitter sweet, because it is highly doubtful we could beat the Nuggets or Cavs without Yao and Deke.

fotan2
05-11-2009, 12:51 AM
sure you guys can beat the nuggets without Yao. but the Cavs are a bit too hard for the current Rox. if Boston comes into the finals, you guys will still have a chance.

but you have to pass the lakers first. talking about the future is kinda meaningless right now.

Jacko
05-11-2009, 12:51 AM
Small ball is a gimmick and rarely, if ever, works out in the long run.

The key to the rest of the series is shutting down Brooks. Now that he has been given the green light to go nuts the Lakers need to treat him like he is Tony Parker. Go under every screen, give him 3-4 ft (10 if your Fisher), and force him to shoot. Just make sure he doesn't get anyone else involved. You do that and the series is likely over.

VI_Massive
05-11-2009, 12:57 AM

The key to the rest of the series is shutting down Brooks. Now that he has been given the green light to go nuts the Lakers need to treat him like he is Tony Parker. Go under every screen, give him 3-4 ft (10 if your Fisher), and force him to shoot. Just make sure he doesn't get anyone else involved. You do that and the series is likely over.

Brooks has a pretty good jumper though.

I'm looking for LA to cheat off Hayes when he's on the floor because he presents little offensive threat and try to trap the other Rockets to produce turnovers.

flamingdts
05-11-2009, 03:47 AM

Unfortunately, no.

The reason why Brooks was not drafted earlier is due to his minature size. He is 6 ft and not particularly strong (something that may change in the future). However, what distinguishes him from Tony Parker is his shooting Capabilities. Brooks is probably the only player in NBA right now who is not only fast, but deadly when given an open shot. In fact he can hit open 3 pts consistently and is one of the better 3 pt shooters in the team and probably the league.

Brooks could be the fastest player in the league right now, and his current witness is his playmaking decision. So far, Rocket fans have not been impressed with his playmaking abilities, but his scoring is something else.

KSeal
05-11-2009, 03:53 AM

:lmao Seriously EVERYBODY on the Lakers hates Vujacic. He's so fucking annoying, the only time his teammates and Laker fans can stand him is when he's making shots and that hasn't happened since game 3 of the finals last year. 29% shooting ain't going to cut it Vujacic.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-11-2009, 04:02 AM

I completely agree gimmick is the perfect word to describe the Steve Nash Suns, I've lost count of how many times I've used that word to describe them.

With that said, this "gimmick" has had success against several teams in both the regular season and playoffs. One team it has had a notable amount of success against is the post-Shaq Lakers when Andrew Bynum and Lamar Odom aren't playing well. At the same time it's completely sucked against LA when one or both of those players is playing well.

One of them needs to be the force that exposes small ball as the gimmick that it is, or Houston might actually have a shot.

Caltex2
05-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Unfortunately, no.

The reason why Brooks was not drafted earlier is due to his minature size. He is 6 ft and not particularly strong (something that may change in the future). However, what distinguishes him from Tony Parker is his shooting Capabilities. Brooks is probably the only player in NBA right now who is not only fast, but deadly when given an open shot. In fact he can hit open 3 pts consistently and is one of the better 3 pt shooters in the team and probably the league.

Brooks could be the fastest player in the league right now, and his current witness is his playmaking decision. So far, Rocket fans have not been impressed with his playmaking abilities, but his scoring is something else.

LOL, Brooks is 6 feet on mini stilts. :lol

BlackSwordsMan
05-11-2009, 03:01 PM
scola = c/pf/sg

Morg1411
05-11-2009, 03:12 PM
:lmao Seriously EVERYBODY on the Lakers hates Vujacic. He's so fucking annoying, the only time his teammates and Laker fans can stand him is when he's making shots and that hasn't happened since game 3 of the finals last year. 29% shooting ain't going to cut it Vujacic.

:lol That's good to know. I just gained an iota of respect back for Laker fans.

Showtime24 LAKERS
05-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Yall got Brain Cook :lol