PDA

View Full Version : Finger found in Wendys Chili

jcrod
03-25-2005, 03:26 PM
:wow

It's every diner's nightmare come true. A woman eating at a Wendy's restaurant in San Jose, Calif. on Tuesday night ordered a bowl of chili and bit into a partial finger that was mixed in with the food, reports The Associated Press. Authorities want to know whose finger it is and are now searching a fingerprint database for clues.

The unidentified customer was reportedly ill and distraught over the incident, according to Joy Alexiou, a spokeswoman for the Santa Clara County Health Department. The fingertip in the chili was about 1-1/2 inches long. Since it had a long, manicured nail, it is believed to belong to a woman. None of the employees at the Wendy's was missing any fingers (yes, the health department actually checked), and since the finger was well cooked, it's assumed it came from a food processing plant that supplies Wendy's with chili ingredients.

Adding to the mystery, Wendy's International Inc. says there have been no reports to the Occupational Safety and Health Administration made by their suppliers of injuries. "All of our chili suppliers report no accidents," said spokesman Denny Lynch. Because the chili was cooked, the woman who bit into the finger is at minimal risk of contracting any illnesses from it.

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/fotosrch/3/20050324CAPS104.jpg

In this black and white photo released by the Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health in San Jose, Calif., Thursday, March 24, 2005 shows a portion of a human finger that a woman says she found while eating a bowl of chili at Wendys Restaurant in San Jose, Calif., on Tuesday. Photo was taken on Wednesday, March 23, 2005. (AP Photo/Santa Clara County Department of Environmental Health)

http://cnn.netscape.cnn.com/fotosrch/3/20050324CAPS103.jpg

iminlakerland
03-25-2005, 03:54 PM
Man thats nasty i cant even imagine biting into a damn human finger like that.

tlongII
03-25-2005, 04:15 PM
Chili Forum

pseudofan
03-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Damn it! I've been looking for my finger everywhere! Now someone's gone and knawed all over it! It's ruined now! Bastards!

Trooper 2112
03-25-2005, 05:58 PM
:oops

pooh0406
03-26-2005, 07:19 AM
yuck!!!!!!!

SpursWoman
03-26-2005, 10:11 AM
Damn it! I've been looking for my finger everywhere! Now someone's gone and knawed all over it! It's ruined now! Bastards!

:rollin :lol

Shelly
03-26-2005, 10:41 AM

I always wondered what your 'secret' ingredient was.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-26-2005, 05:47 PM
I found those pics to be pretty offensive.

I mean, what a waste of good body parts. My guess is that finger could have been delicious with a nice cabernet. And didn't anyone tell the folks at Wendy's that you need to quickly saute fingers in a hot skillet before putting them in a stew, and then you should only allow the finger to simmer for a few minutes before serving? That will prevent the skin from bloating and the meat from falling from the bone. It's so obvious that this one has been overcooked.

I can't even look at that anymore, it turns my stomach.

EmerilLagasse
03-26-2005, 06:09 PM
Add some essence and it's all good!

ShoogarBear
03-27-2005, 07:31 PM
"I think I shall have to start dining at Wendy's more often!"

http://www.postcardsfromprison.com/p7794.jpg