PDA

View Full Version : Put down your team's needs in the offseason/wishlist

djohn2oo8
05-11-2009, 11:47 AM
For the Rockets, I love this core that they have...Landry, Scola, Brooks, we need to keep all of those guys, plus we HAVE to resign Artest. Yao needs to rehab, as does Mcgrady (which reportedly he is actually doing this time). I don't doubt that the front office will address the backup center situation, I wouldn't mind them trading for Marcus Camby, maybe going after Antonio Mcdyess, or trading for Tyson Chandler, just do something here Morey....Resign Wafer, try to see what you could get in return for Mcgrady from a team willing to unload salary for an expiring contract, maybe for Vince Carter again. However, I am willing to give mcgrady one last chance to prove his desire to comeback strong, and committment to play defense. Maybe we can swindle Phoenix into sending Robin Lopez for Brian Cook....:hat

hater
05-11-2009, 12:03 PM
1. Get Lebron

BlackSwordsMan
05-11-2009, 12:04 PM
rockets should get rid of scola he sucks

BlackSwordsMan
05-11-2009, 12:04 PM
trade him to the spurs

lil_penny
05-11-2009, 12:10 PM
a point guard for the blazers would be nice

JoeTait75
05-11-2009, 12:16 PM
1.) Jason Kidd

2.) Someone who can score in the post

3.) Jason Kidd

endrity
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
I really don't know where to begin with the Mavs. There is one part of me that says blow it up, one part that says just bring in some new blood.

Obviously we need better athleticism and skill on the wings. The Mavs haven't had a true starting 2 guard since Finley left, and with Stack breaking down this year, they have no one on the reserves as well. I don't know about Howard, his end of the season is making me think that he can still be a contributor. His contract is a bargain when he plays like he did against SA, you're not going to do find better players for that value. But still, he is the only legit wing player the Mavs have and they need more there. Maybe Wright and Green can make a leap next year, but I am not holding my breath.

The PG situation is also unsure. The Mavs need to resolve that. And if we trade Dampier than we better get another big body in there; despite what a lot of fans say about him I think Dampier's value to this team is immense.

endrity
05-11-2009, 12:18 PM
1.) Jason Kidd

2.) Someone who can score in the post

3.) Jason Kidd

1. He's finished

2. tell LeBron to work on that

3. He's finished

JoeTait75
05-11-2009, 12:28 PM
1. He's finished

He can't play 25 minutes a game?

2. tell LeBron to work on that

Excellent point.

3. He's finished

He can't play 25 minutes a game?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-11-2009, 12:53 PM
1) Take Matt Barnes out into an ally and execute him like Frank Lucas and Bumpy Johnson killed that guy at the beginning of American Gangster.

2) Trade the Canadian Cancer to garbagantoni in NY for a package involving the Knick's 2010 first rounder and Wilson Chandler. I'd love to see a one year Eddy Curry experiment with this training and conditioning staff if that's the expiring contract, what's the worst that could happen? Wish Nash luck and make sure it's an honorable exit but make sure the younger players get the message he got traded because he only played on one side of the court.

3) Trade Amare to fatass Nelson in Golden State in a package involving Anthony Randolph. Unlike Nash the way they treat him doesn't matter. He doesn't deserve shit, he's had enough things handed to him in life and an honorable exit shouldn't be one. Black ball the piece of shit as much as possible. Once he is traded, throw him under the bus. Interview Marion, Joe Johnson, Raja Bell and Boris Diaw about what it was like playing with that egomaniac. It's pretty clear that all four of those guys either signed somewhere else or demanded a trade largely cause getting barked at by him talking about how they need to feed his gorilla game was impossible to deal with.

4) Have Kerr offer to suck Sam Presti off if he trades our 2010 pick back to us for Barbosa.

5) Trade J-Rich for a bag of potato chips and some crack that can be used as a going away present to Amare's mom. Hopefully Amare will keep it away from his eyes this time.

6) Draft a shooting guard or small forward, preferably Tyreke Evans, Earl Clark if they're lucky enough for him to be there at 14, or James Johnson.

7) Let Hill walk and wish him the best. The guy's nothing but a true class act.

8) Let Shaq know that unless for some odd reason he wants to stick around, they'll try trading him closer to the trade deadline but they are going to wait till his expiring contract becomes a bigger asset. In the meantime, they'll keep his playing time low and he can mentor the younger players on the bench about how to handle the NBA.

9) Sign a few veteran has-beens who can't find a contender to go to for minimum contracts. A veteran backup to Goran Dragic that will sign for cheap should be Kerr's only notable free agent target.

10) Make sure Gentry knows that if he wants to remain coach, he needs to preach the fuck out of defense to the players, but other than that he still has the green light to run an up tempo offense (it's only fair given he doesn't have the personnel to run a successful half-court offense) as long as he continues using the bench like he did last year. Most of all, give him the vote of confidence Porter never got. Make sure he knows no one expects a rebuilt title contender anytime soon. Next year should be all about forcing the D'antoni-Nash culture out the door and establishing a new identity.

Artest_Is_Fearless
05-11-2009, 01:13 PM
rockets should get rid of scola he sucks

LOL'ed. But seriously, I think it's in the rockets best interest to resign all the role players on this team and, most importantly, Ron Artest. However, I highly doubt that Ronald will resign with houston because other team will offer him much more than we can afford and since Yao T-mac are paper tissue soft I don't see Ron wanting to resign with houston so those two guys can sit on the bench.

jazzypimp
05-11-2009, 01:24 PM
1) Take Matt Barnes out into an ally and execute him like Frank Lucas and Bumpy Johnson killed that guy at the beginning of American Gangster.

2) Trade the Canadian Cancer to garbagantoni in NY for a package involving the Knick's 2010 first rounder and Wilson Chandler. I'd love to see a one year Eddy Curry experiment with this training and conditioning staff if that's the expiring contract, what's the worst that could happen? Wish Nash luck and make sure it's an honorable exit but make sure the younger players get the message he got traded because he only played on one side of the court.

3) Trade Amare to fatass Nelson in Golden State in a package involving Anthony Randolph. Unlike Nash the way they treat him doesn't matter. He doesn't deserve shit, he's had enough things handed to him in life and an honorable exit shouldn't be one. Black ball the piece of shit as much as possible. Once he is traded, throw him under the bus. Interview Marion, Joe Johnson, Raja Bell and Boris Diaw about what it was like playing with that egomaniac. It's pretty clear that all four of those guys either signed somewhere else or demanded a trade largely cause getting barked at by him talking about how they need to feed his gorilla game was impossible to deal with.

4) Have Kerr offer to suck Sam Presti off if he trades our 2010 pick back to us for Barbosa.

5) Trade J-Rich for a bag of potato chips and some crack that can be used as a going away present to Amare's mom. Hopefully Amare will keep it away from his eyes this time.

6) Draft a shooting guard or small forward, preferably Tyreke Evans, Earl Clark if they're lucky enough for him to be there at 14, or James Johnson.

8) Let Shaq know that unless for some odd reason he wants to stick around, they'll try trading him closer to the trade deadline but they are going to wait till his expiring contract becomes a bigger asset. In the meantime, they'll keep his playing time low and he can mentor the younger players on the bench about how to handle the NBA.

9) Sign a few veteran has-beens who can't find a contender to go to for minimum contracts. A veteran backup to Goran Dragic that will sign for cheap should be Kerr's only notable free agent target.

10) Make sure Gentry knows that if he wants to remain coach, he needs to preach the fuck out of defense to the players, but other than that he still has the green light to run an up tempo offense (it's only fair given he doesn't have the personnel to run a successful half-court offense) as long as he continues using the bench like he did last year. Most of all, give him the vote of confidence Porter never got. Make sure he knows no one expects a rebuilt title contender anytime soon. Next year should be all about forcing the D'antoni-Nash culture out the door and establishing a new identity.

The jazz already own the knicks 2010 first round pick, plus it would be nice if we can get a nice shooting guard... is kevin martin available?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-11-2009, 01:32 PM
The jazz already own the knicks 2010 first round pick

This is a weird combination of funny and irritating but good call now I remember the Suns traded that pick to the Jazz in order to unload salary.

djohn2oo8
05-11-2009, 01:34 PM
LOL'ed. But seriously, I think it's in the rockets best interest to resign all the role players on this team and, most importantly, Ron Artest. However, I highly doubt that Ronald will resign with houston because other team will offer him much more than we can afford and since Yao T-mac are paper tissue soft I don't see Ron wanting to resign with houston so those two guys can sit on the bench.

If anybody goes, it will be mcgrady...Artest has meant too much to this team, at this point, all artest wants to do is win

Artest_Is_Fearless
05-11-2009, 01:36 PM
If anybody goes, it will be mcgrady...Artest has meant too much to this team, at this point, all artest wants to do is win

Right and he know he cant win with Yao and Mac on the bench so he will walk.

djohn2oo8
05-11-2009, 01:48 PM
It's not like the rox are a scrub team without those two.... Next year, a healthy Yao, a healthy Mcgrady, and potentially another scorer, like a Jamal Crawford....

DPG21920
05-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Get Healthy.

FromWayDowntown
05-11-2009, 01:57 PM
Man, my team's needs in the offseason are worthless -- just worthless. They look bad and they're almost never successful. My team's needs don't deserve to be addressed at all; they're so worthless, it's a wonder anyone even cares about them.

There -- I put down my team's needs.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-11-2009, 02:04 PM
Who the hell wants T-Mac at this point, it would be hard for Houston to deal him in anything other than a salary dump where they take on multi-year contracts, something I don't think they're willing to do.

If Steve Kerr is so insistent on the Suns "still being contenders," why not truly go for broke with a T-Mac for Nash trade followed by two other major ones. If the Suns training staff can keep T-Mac healthy (which the chances are stacked against cause as good as they are this is T-Mac we're talking about) the trade could give them the pieces for a legit half court offense.

Then trade Amare to Golden State for Turiaf, Biedrins and Randolph. Trade Barbosa and the 2009 pick for Kirk Hinrich

Hinrich-Dragic
T-Mac-Barbosa
Hill-Dudley
Randolph-Turiaf
Shaq-Biedrins

Highly, HIGHLY unlikely, but if the Suns are actually going to try and contend, I think they should go after T-Mac and pray. Praying for T-Mac to get healthy is taking a high risk, but I'd rather risk a season on T-Mac's health rather than risk it on Nash's defense and Amare's maturity. One has a 1% chance of happening, the other thing you know won't happen.

DPG21920
05-11-2009, 02:08 PM
Man, my team's needs in the offseason are worthless -- just worthless. They look bad and they're almost never successful. My team's needs don't deserve to be addressed at all; they're so worthless, it's a wonder anyone even cares about them.

There -- I put down my team's needs.

I see what you did.

Kai
05-11-2009, 02:09 PM
Get Healthy.

Amen. I guess we could re-sign Artest too. We have his Bird Rights.

ElNono
05-11-2009, 02:13 PM
1) A Miracle.
2) Scola.

:lol

Artest_Is_Fearless
05-11-2009, 02:14 PM
Amen. I guess we could re-sign Artest too. We have his Bird Rights.

Who the hell told you that? link? source?

We have absolutely nothing on Artest. He'll be an unrestricted free agent when the season is over.

Thunder Dan
05-11-2009, 02:32 PM
Lebron contract extension

Kai
05-11-2009, 11:59 PM
Who the hell told you that? link? source?

We have absolutely nothing on Artest. He'll be an unrestricted free agent when the season is over.

He's in the third year of his contract. That means we have his Bird Rights, buddy. It doesn't matter that it's his first year on the Rockets, just as long as he's played three years on the same contract.

iggypop123
05-12-2009, 12:13 AM
rockets need a spiritual healist

IronMexican
05-12-2009, 12:16 AM
For the Lakers:

1. A leader
2. A PG who can play some D.

SouthTexasRancher
05-12-2009, 12:34 AM
LeBron and Dwight Howard to play alongside of Tim, Tony & Manu. And a bench of Hill, Gist, Harrison, Scola, Splitter, Bowen and D.Wade incognito with dreadlocks, full beard and Jamaican Cool Shades.

I will then be a very happy camper!!!

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 12:34 AM
Owner, GM, PG, SG, SF, C

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Owner, GM, PG, SG, SF, C

1. Hall of famer Jason Kidd!
2. All Star Josh Howard!

Lars
05-12-2009, 12:50 AM
Get something good for McGrady as a salary dump.

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 12:52 AM
My wishlist is the guys in my signature.

with Jackson/Gortat/Terry coming off bench.

Not that greedy, is it? Aren't teams looking to dump salary?!

Make it happen Cubes/Donnie

Indazone
05-12-2009, 12:55 AM
Rockets need a good backup center. Someone like Pryzbilla, Gasol from the Grizzlies, or even Darko to let Yao rest.

Kai
05-12-2009, 12:58 AM
Rockets need a good backup center. Someone like Pryzbilla, Gasol from the Grizzlies, or even Darko to let Yao rest.

Pachulia is a free agent, though I expect him to re-sign with Atlanta. I like him, he's tough.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2009, 12:59 AM
My wishlist is the guys in my signature.

with Jackson/Gortat/Terry coming off bench.

Not that greedy, is it? Aren't teams looking to dump salary?!

Make it happen Cubes/Donnie

They would have to trade Eric and Stack for Shaq.

Then it would have to be J-Ho and Carroll for Carter which isn't too unrealistic since Carter's contract goes forever.

What doesn't make much sense is the Gerald Wallace part. Unless Dallas works out a sign and trade with Brandon Bass (which I'm not even sure the salary cap rules permit them to do since they don't have bird rights to bass) there's no way they get Wallace.

dirk4mvp
05-12-2009, 01:03 AM
A thug with a lips tattoo.

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 01:03 AM
I was thinkin Jackson and Shawne mutha fuckin Williams for Carter.

I dont know the S/T rules for Bass either that's what I was thinkin for Gerald mutha fuckin wallace

and Carroll/Barea for Jackson :). It DOES save the Warriors over 15 million and Jackson is too old for their rebuilding project.

Pipedreams, GHAZ FOR GM!

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Yeah I'm pretty sure that team would win it all if Vince kept his head on straight.

N4th4n
05-12-2009, 01:52 AM

Why exactly are you a fan of the team?

iggypop123
05-12-2009, 01:56 AM
we need a guy from county jail to match up against the nuggets

angelbelow
05-12-2009, 02:06 AM
oh my goddess, whose the chick in your sig lil penny?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2009, 02:48 AM

Cause I've lived in Phoenix my entire life. Anymore questions? I know you didn't start watching till 2004 but believe it or not there are Suns fans that watch because of the team and not because of 1-2 players in particular.

Leftyventricle
05-12-2009, 03:05 AM
spurs need:

Rasheed Wallace

pauls931
05-12-2009, 07:56 AM

I don't have the foggiest Idea. I sometimes wonder if he's just a VERY determined troll.

Myself, I think they need another decent shooter on the perimeter. It's too easy for defenses to collapse on them negating shaq's/amare's effectiveness.

They need a veteran backup pg because tragic is still a work in progress.

Need a big that will rotate on defense. This could be amare if he would ever put the effort into it. (please refer to birdman that guys comes flying from the weakside, look out Ginobili...)

I agree with Barnes, he's iffy and not starter material, mostly insurance for Hill. They need someone to replace these guys.

Need to be smart with their picks. Tragic may have hope, but I'm wondering about what else they passed up to get Lopez.

Last year was a chemistry experiment gone horrible wrong. The talent was there which made last season all the more frustrating.

Rogue
05-12-2009, 08:33 AM
It's not like the rox are a scrub team without those two.... Next year, a healthy Yao, a healthy Mcgrady, and potentially another scorer, like a Jamal Crawford....
usted es un idiota, TMac no puede espalda en gimnasio pero Yao es justo un cono. Tan los rockets son un equipo de mierda como tu, carajo tu pedazo de mierda, usted es tambien el ultimo pedazo de mierda, carajo tu hijo de 1,000 perras.

pauls931
05-12-2009, 08:35 AM
spurs need:

Rasheed Wallace

Get Rasheed wallace and boris diaw and I'd have to hang myself... Throw in shawn marion and I'll even post it on youtube. :lol

N4th4n
05-12-2009, 10:16 AM
Cause I've lived in Phoenix my entire life. Anymore questions? I know you didn't start watching till 2004 but believe it or not there are Suns fans that watch because of the team and not because of 1-2 players in particular.

I have also lived in Phoenix my entire life. Became a fan in 93 when I was seven, nice try though. It just seems stupid for you to be a fan of a team when you obviously despise 90% of that team.

DAF86
05-12-2009, 05:17 PM
There're plenty of threads to talk about the offseason moves of the Spurs so I won't talk about that. But I do want to know what Rockets fans think of this:

First: Do not resign Artest, he helps you at defense but on offense he takes away more than what he gives. Besides he would want an amount of money he doesn't deserve.

Second: Get rid of McGrady, he's a 21 mil expiring contract next season so I don't see the Rockets having problems with that. Of all the posibilities, trading him to Detroit for Hamilton and Prince seems like the best option. I think Detroit would accept this 'cause they aren't going anywhere next season and is well known Dumars is looking for cap space for 2010.

And third: Trade Yao, I know many Rockets fans won't like this idea but IMO is what you gotta do, the guy can't stay healthy and is clear he can't be the first offensive option of an elite team. Trading Yao could be tricky, not because teams won't want him but because is pretty difficult to get equal value in return, unless you can trade him to Toronto for Bosh. There's been rumors all season that the Raptors may trade Bosh so that they don't end up with nothing in 2010, if this is true a Yao for Bosh trade seems possible and IMO would benefit Houston.

Rockets squad for next season would look like this:

Brooks/Lowry/Another PG
Hamilton/Wafer
Battier/Prince
Scola/Landry/Hayes
Bosh/ Any 7 footer, even if he sucks.

That's a pretty good team IMO, what do you think?

Indazone
05-12-2009, 05:21 PM
Somehow I have the feeling in my gut that Morey keeps Artest, T-Mac, and Yao, and uses whatever is left over from the other expirings or waivers to get another big to backup Yao. Perhaps a new point guard.

DAF86
05-12-2009, 05:25 PM
Somehow I have the feeling in my gut that Morey keeps Artest, T-Mac, and Yao, and uses whatever is left over from the other expirings or waivers to get another big to backup Yao. Perhaps a new point guard.

And what would you prefer? Artest, McGrady and Yao or Hamilton, Prince and Bosh?

djohn2oo8
05-12-2009, 05:36 PM
I'd prefer Artest, Mcgrady, and Yao because Artest provides toughness that this team did not have without him....However, that scenario is probably unlikely b/c Mcgrady is gone...I say, resign Artest, trade Mcgrady for a young scorer, like a Danny Granger, somehow acquire Marcus Camby

DAF86
05-12-2009, 05:46 PM
I'd prefer Artest, Mcgrady, and Yao because Artest provides toughness that this team did not have without him....However, that scenario is probably unlikely b/c Mcgrady is gone...I say, resign Artest, trade Mcgrady for a young scorer, like a Danny Granger, somehow acquire Marcus Camby

Lowry, Hayes, Scola, Battier and Landry are pretty tough IMO.

djohn2oo8
05-12-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm talkin about that "Don't fuck with me" attitude

http://www.rockets-buzz.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/ron_artest_kobe_bryant.jpg

Banzai
05-12-2009, 05:55 PM
I see what you did.

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/iseewhatyoudidthereyc0.jpg (http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10071/iseewhatyoudidthereyc0.jpg)

tomtom
05-12-2009, 06:56 PM
A point, preferably Sessions or Robinson. I really hope Blazers use their wealth of young talent to go after Richardson, Gerald Wallace, or VC. I could live with trading Outlaw to get one of em. Also the current guard glut needs to be solved, with Blake-Rodriguez-Bayless and Roy-Fernandez-Webster. That's way more than enough imo

The Third Man
05-12-2009, 07:25 PM
A point, preferably Sessions or Robinson. I really hope Blazers use their wealth of young talent to go after Richardson, Gerald Wallace, or VC. I could live with trading Outlaw to get one of em. Also the current guard glut needs to be solved, with Blake-Rodriguez-Bayless and Roy-Fernandez-Webster. That's way more than enough imo

Wait, you "could live with" trading Travis Outlaw for three players that are better then him? How gracious of you. In that case, I could live with trading Chuck Hayes and a bucket of rocks for Brandon Roy.

tomtom
05-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Haha maybe I'm too hopeful for some salary dump situations

LnGrrrR
05-12-2009, 08:59 PM
A bench consisting of more than two players.

jacobdrj
05-12-2009, 09:05 PM
Pistons need a center who can defend the paint. - Since Summer 2006
Pistons need depth at the small forward position. - Since Summer 2004
Pistons need a player who can consistantly hit 3 point shots. - Since Fall 2008

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 09:08 PM
I hope the Nets continue to rebuild the right way like they are doing get the younger guys like Brook, CDR, Anderson more minutes. Don't trade Vince just to trade him

Armando
05-12-2009, 10:25 PM
A miracle