PDA

View Full Version : Angry father wants an apology from Big Baby

sonic21
05-11-2009, 03:36 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/05/big-baby-shoves-magic-fan-.html

6HIToSvlsVA

Let the drama begin.

Orlando Magic fan Ernest Provetti is demanding an apology from Glen "Big Baby" Davis after the Celtics' thrilling Game 4 win in Orlando Sunday.
Why exactly?

Provetti said Davis shoved his 12-year-old son Nicholas with such force after Davis made a game-winning jumper, that Nicholas' baseball cap catapulted into the air and his son dove into his courtside seat.

Provetti sent an e-mail to the NBA League office this morning. He said Davis crossed the line, literally, and embarrassed his son.

"The NBA makes it clear to not cross the sideline," he said in a telephone interview. "If I cross that line, the NBA will take away my tickets. It's a double standard."

In the e-mail, Provetti said Davis conducted himself like a "raging animal with no regard for fans' personal safety."

Provetti moved to Orlando from New Jersey last year and is opening another branch to his toy company, Team Trinity. He was previously a fan of the Celtics because he watched Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers as a former player for the New York Knicks from 1992-94.

He comes to every game at Amway Arena and sits in the V.I.P Row A, seats 5 and 6. After Sunday's game, Provetti said he received calls and text messages from other fans checking on his son. Magic player Adonal Foyle also checked on how his son was after the game.

Provetti saw the video clip online this morning. He did not think it was funny.

"How do you like to be a 12-year-old and see a raging lunatic coming at you?"

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-11-2009, 03:38 PM
That kid's gotta stand in there and take the charge. It's the playoffs, you're on your home court. Step up and sacrifice your body.

sonic21
05-11-2009, 03:39 PM
exactly
Kids are so soft nowadays. Back in the 80s, players would routinely kick you in the face while diving for loose balls and you took it like a man.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
exactly
Kids are so soft nowadays. Back in the 80s, players would routinely kick you in the face while diving for loose balls and you took it like a man.

Back in the Bad Boys days Dennis Rodman broke a kid's leg going after a rebound. To the Worm's credit he made sure that he signed the kid's cast. He wrote simply, "You fucking pussy," and the kid had to admit he was right. That's the way the game should be played.

Morg1411
05-11-2009, 03:46 PM
What do you expect from a 300 pound 8-year-old?

samikeyp
05-11-2009, 03:47 PM
exactly

and then bragged to your friends about it. :toast

Cry Havoc
05-11-2009, 03:48 PM
Doesn't look like he knocked the kid down to me..... he's still standing after the shove.

Poor guy, he's got courtside seats for every game and he's standing an inch away from the sideline, and he's upset that the players make contact with his family!

DPG21920
05-11-2009, 03:51 PM
He is right about one thing though. If he saw Baby running at him, then threw a body check into him, he would have been arrested.

LnGrrrR
05-11-2009, 03:57 PM
Either this kid's a pussy, or his dad is.

anonoftheinternets
05-11-2009, 03:59 PM
lol ...

sonic21
05-11-2009, 04:02 PM
what about the fans up in section 599, row z in nba arenas across the country that are getting nailed by tshirts launched into the stands? I'm waiting for that lawsuit.

stretch
05-11-2009, 04:03 PM
i believe that the tickets say (especially floor seats) something about the NBA not being liable for any injuries that occur to the ticketholders, as a result of the game.

the guy needs to fuck off. im sure if dwight howard inadvertantly kneed his kid in the face while going for a loose ball, and broke his nose, he wouldn't give a damn. he was just mad because the magic lost. its evident in the fact that he called big baby a "raging lunatic"

anonoftheinternets
this would make a good onion cover story... to bad it was real..... and HILARIOUS ...

resistanze
That pussy is never getting any pussy.

Kriz-Maxima
05-11-2009, 04:04 PM
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/05/big-baby-shoves-magic-fan-.html

Provetti saw the video clip online this morning. He did not think it was funny.

I did.

lefty
05-11-2009, 04:04 PM
It would be funny if they suspended Davis for game 5

coldsweat
05-11-2009, 04:05 PM
i believe that the tickets say (especially floor seats) something about the NBA not being liable for any injuries that occur to the ticketholders, as a result of the game.

the guy needs to fuck off. im sure if dwight howard inadvertantly kneed his kid in the face while going for a loose ball, and broke his nose, he wouldn't give a damn. he was just mad because the magic lost. its evident in the fact that he called big baby a "raging lunatic"

agreed

DAF86
05-11-2009, 04:07 PM
All that father wants is some time on TV.

alamo50
05-11-2009, 04:11 PM
Insane.

monosylab1k
05-11-2009, 04:12 PM
5PDuqk_DSMw

BacktoBasics
05-11-2009, 04:14 PM
The moment I saw this happen I knew some fuckface asshole would make something out of nothing over it.

I. Hustle
05-11-2009, 04:15 PM
The kids dad should just yell at Big Baby. We all know how he takes that.

StoneBuddha
05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Huge Sour Grapes... :whine

Chris Fall
Sons you call that diving into his courtside seat? Bullshit. I could show you diving into a courtside seat. People in hell want ice water but you know what. It's all just who shot John mess. That little cooyon and his pappy actin' all funny. They both Tifis.

Thunder Dan
His son needs to stop being such a pussy. He has a lifetime of disappointment ahead of him if he remains a Magic fan

ElNono
05-11-2009, 04:19 PM
Sounds like easy money from a lawsuit. I'm fairly sure that's where this is going.

Mixability
05-11-2009, 04:19 PM
As it was said before, it wouldn't be an issue if the Magic won and it was Howard that did that shit. The kid would probably not wash his arm for a week if Superman sweat fell on it.

Bukefal
05-11-2009, 04:20 PM
WTF?! Is that guy serious with his letter? :lmao that's sad, that's really sad. parasite of a man. Such things are arguments we europeans use to describe things ; "Typical America". You will never see such things in Europe.. Here the father would rather laugh at the kid and say; Get your weak ass over it.

Thunder Dan
05-11-2009, 04:21 PM
I hope he got his ass kicked at school today

rayray2k8
05-11-2009, 04:33 PM
What a fucking moron, the dad himself got closer to the edge of the baseline and his kid did the same thing!
If anything it's the father's fault for putting his son in that situation.
Prime example of being a "fucktard". :lol

Morg1411
05-11-2009, 04:37 PM
Thickset boy gets pushed by Glen Davis = crying

Skinny girl gets kicked in the head by Dahntay Jones = no worries

This kid is a puss. Davis should've floored him, given him something real to cry about.

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 04:45 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here..I don't think an apology is too much to ask. The father is not trying to sue..he's not trying to get on television..he just wants Fat Baby to apologize. If I was a father, and a 300 lb. man came running up and pushed my son, I'd want his ass...but considering Big Baby would probably destroy the guy, he wants an apology...not too crazy to ask, if you ask me.

Shank
05-11-2009, 04:48 PM
Uhhh...huh huh huh...

I see you have braces.

I have braces, too.

Kamnik
05-11-2009, 04:48 PM
We used to say here in Europe for some things: Only in America...

I think this falls into that category! :)

hater
05-11-2009, 04:57 PM
at least the kid did not flop like Steve Nash

mingus
05-11-2009, 05:16 PM
the apology is dumb as hell ... Big Baby was caught up in the moment and shoved the kid a little probably without even realizing it ... now , if Big Baby knocked the kid on his ass or hurt him , then i'd say seeking an apology is within reason ...

OTOH , no one here really knows what being "shoved" by a guy as big as Big Baby is feels like . maybe the kid's neck or something hurt after the game ... but , by the looks of it , it couldn't have been that bad imo .

crc21209
05-11-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey you wanted front row seats...you got front row seats Dad...live with it.

rayray2k8
05-11-2009, 05:40 PM
at least the kid did not flop like Steve Nash

Not THAT bad. He won't be the most popular fat kid of all time since this kid is still the king. :lmao
This screams of photoshop.
UyiW60sKT4c

Bukefal
05-11-2009, 05:41 PM
:lmao :lmao that vid is cool

Armando
05-11-2009, 06:35 PM
I guess I'm in the minority here..I don't think an apology is too much to ask. The father is not trying to sue..he's not trying to get on television..he just wants Fat Baby to apologize. If I was a father, and a 300 lb. man came running up and pushed my son, I'd want his ass...but considering Big Baby would probably destroy the guy, he wants an apology...not too crazy to ask, if you ask me.

I agree an apology is not too much to ask. Especially since Buffet Table could have avoided even running that close to the baseline. But then again what do you expect from a Celtic.

Armando
05-11-2009, 06:48 PM
Why is that every time House and Davis make a shot they run down the court like they won the lotto?

LakerHater
05-11-2009, 06:49 PM

So, if it were someone who pushed back & Davis got hurt are the ticketholders liable!?
http://board.freeones.com/images/smilies/dunno.gif

iggypop123
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
get a good lawyer make some money off cry baby davis.

sook
05-11-2009, 08:12 PM
I saw the clip on NBAtv and my god...as much as i hate the fatass it was just a little nudge because he didn't see him there. jeez what a puss

benefactor
05-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Sounds like some rich snob with his "I only have friends because I have money" fat kid son trying to pull the "we were disrespected" card. I bet his kid pays people to keep from being beaten up at school.

Take it somewhere else, yuppie.

BlackSwordsMan
05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
anyone catch jim rome today?
''when big baby ran back to the bench I thought he was going to make kevin garnett cry for once'' or something like that

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 08:17 PM
I agree an apology is not too much to ask. Especially since Buffet Table could have avoided even running that close to the baseline. But then again what do you expect from a Celtic.
Yeah..I don't have a big problem with Big Baby..he's a good player..and very athletic...and before this, has seemed to be a good guy..and I assume he'll probably apologize.

m33p0
05-11-2009, 08:21 PM
oh boohoo. next time don't buy court-side tickets.

BlackSwordsMan
05-11-2009, 08:23 PM
Not THAT bad. He won't be the most popular fat kid of all time since this kid is still the king. :lmao
UyiW60sKT4c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mG3SANQZNwM

BlackSwordsMan
05-11-2009, 08:31 PM
this one is better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gz7vna2wAg&feature=related

Biggems
05-11-2009, 08:31 PM
He shot the ball, it went in, he turned to celebrate and accidently ran into the kid...he gave him a little nudge as to not run him over. I see nothing wrong with this. He doesnt need to apologize.

Consider the moment and the intense emotions of the game. Fans pay for courtside seats to be a bigger part of the action.

If he had fallen into the crowd hustling for a ball and landed on the kid, would daddy want an apology, NO.

STX_21
05-11-2009, 08:38 PM
APOLOGIZE FOR WHAT? he hit a big shot and I'm sure he never realized who he touched back there....This kid and his Dad are two big Vaginas. How do you go to school after crying about this shit? What in the world is going on this country? The sidelines are optional. You don't have to be there. And if you're so sensitive about being TOUCHED, then go up a few rows. Mehn, if that's how ppl act when they get rich, please God, spare me from that misery!

Roxsfan
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
rich dad needs to shut his fucking piehole. I saw the clip big baby barely touched him..........:rolleyes

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-11-2009, 08:44 PM
UyiW60sKT4c

Lmao!!!!!!! Ya guey!!!! Ahhhh!!!!

01Snake
05-11-2009, 08:51 PM
OMG he bumped the ref too! Suspend him!!!!

Laker-fan-in-SanAnto
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Should Mark Cuban apologize to that camera man he shoved?

Flux451
05-11-2009, 09:05 PM
THat boy took the hit like a champ. The ref near Davis looked like the pussy. If he wasn't in front of millions he would of assumed fetal position.

The kid is probably more of a man then his dad.

NBA Junkie
05-11-2009, 09:37 PM
The only thing big baby needs to apologize for is ending the Magic's season.

GSH
05-11-2009, 10:49 PM
The moment they started banning fans for thowing a beer at a player, the balance of power got screwed up. Nothing good can come from that - and these kinds of incidents are to be expected. The brawl between Detroit and Indiana would have gone a lot differently if more fans had felt free to join in.

Hell, if they would just quit inspecting purses at the gate then guys could at least get back to smuggling Everclear and battery launchers in their girlfriend's handbags. As it is the players think of the fans as a bunch of pussies. Of course they're gonna disrespect them. Nothing happened in that film clip that a can of pepper spray wouldn't have solved.

LnGrrrR
05-11-2009, 10:50 PM

Ah yes, Davis being the consummate professional should've known exactly where he was, not backed up at all, and walked calmly off the court. :p

Armando
05-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Just give the kid a sighned team basketball and be done with it.

LnGrrrR
05-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah..I don't have a big problem with Big Baby..he's a good player..and very athletic...and before this, has seemed to be a good guy..and I assume he'll probably apologize.

My parents met him before a game and took pictures. Now, I know he pretty much HAS to be nice during those types of events, but they said he was very pleasant.

angelbelow
05-11-2009, 11:00 PM
i think the child deserves an apology. he was shoved for no reason.

Marcus Bryant
05-11-2009, 11:04 PM
:baby

Kid wasn't hurt, except perhaps to see his favorite team choke away home court to a Garnett-less Celtics squad. If he's that fragile then the father shouldn't bring him so close to the court. Sorry, I guess I don't have that much sympathy for douchebags and their spoiled children.

txallstar
05-12-2009, 12:00 AM
Just give the kid a sighned team basketball and be done with it.

starbury's shoes would be worth more, ill just take an apology and some free concessions

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Talk about crying over spilled milk, dad is setting a bad example for the kid. There will be assholes you encounter.

And i dont even think what Big Baby did was assholish, just hilarious.

The dad is a moron using specious reasoning too. "There's a double standard! we're not allowed to cross that line or we'll get our tickets taken away!" it's as if it's the first time he's watched ball games. Doesn't he remember the millions of times players are diving into the crowds for loose balls??

Jacob1983
05-12-2009, 12:04 AM
The kid deserves an apology because Big Baby was facing him and ran into him. Big Baby could have went around the kid thus not hitting but he didn't. If he had not been looking where he was going and hit the kid, then it's understandable. However, that's not the case. Big Baby was clearly looking where he was going and he hit the kid. Man up and apologize.

baseline bum
05-12-2009, 12:27 AM
What a punk-ass. Big Baby hardly touched the fatass, and the kid moved maybe a couple of inches. Douchebags like this are going to someday end the ability for people to sit courtside, which will blow, because courtside seats are fucking amazing to sit in.

Findog
05-12-2009, 12:28 AM
:cry :cry :cry

Findog
05-12-2009, 12:28 AM
:cry :cry :cry

der Kaiser
05-12-2009, 12:32 AM
[email protected]

Here is his email. Let the son of a bitch have it.

JoeTait75
05-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Magic fans are sunburned, butthurt jackholes, and their team is going to lose to the depleted Celtics.

baseline bum
05-12-2009, 12:53 AM
[email protected]

Anyone who emails this guy is an even bigger douche.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 01:01 AM
Seemed like there was no reason for Davis to make contact with him, let alone push him, but the kid wasn't even looking at the court. If you're gonna sit courtside, you need to be watching what the fuck's going on. It would be like someone complaining that they got hit with a foul ball if they sit right down the first base line.

Jace
05-12-2009, 01:38 AM
I loved the "animal" comment but at the same time it would have been nice for him to take a second and make sure the kid he ran into is alright

Bukefal
05-12-2009, 04:52 AM
[email protected]

Anyone who emails this guy is an even bigger douche.

EXactly, that's even more sad than they are. Wtf is your problem der kaiseR? :king

TDMVPDPOY
05-12-2009, 05:08 AM
i think the kid shouldve flopped into the stands like nash...maybe just maybe he would get an oscar award for flopping

angel_luv
05-12-2009, 11:20 AM

I agree with you that an apology was in order- just as it is anytime someone bumps into someone else.

Also I saw the incident live on television. The kid had his back to Big Baby and did not see him coming.

The kid is entitled to an apology. Nothing more, maybe but definitely an apology.
If Big Baby would refuse to give it, what does that say about him?

angel_luv
05-12-2009, 11:24 AM
If he had fallen into the crowd hustling for a ball and landed on the kid, would daddy want an apology, NO.

I work at the Spurs arena with an excellent view of the court.
Whenever a Spurs player falls on a fan while hustling for the ball, the player checks on the person before returning to the game action.
Also an usher checks on the person as well.

Apparently, what I consider common courtesy is not that common after all.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Actually, looking back on it, I think being upset that the father had the "nerve" to ask for an apology to the kid is a little out of line.

I change my mind about this issue. It wouldn't hurt anyone if Big Baby actually were to apologize to the kid--and that he didn't "mean" anything by it because I don't think he even realized he pushed a kid in the excitement. :lol
There's no shame, or "softness" to setting a good example.

The father was stupid in calling Big Baby a raging animal though so I doubt he would get it..
I think the report and written outrage that the father had was overblown and a bit on the whiney side. Should have worded the email better, and I think less people would scoff at the very suggestion of an "apology" to a kid--if the father was good humored about it.

TheMACHINE
05-12-2009, 11:43 AM
Flagrant 2 foul. suspension.

bdubya
05-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Dear Dad,

I begged you not to make a big deal over this, but you went ahead and did it anyway. Thanks for making me look like a total pussy in front of the entire NBA fanbase. I really appreciate it.

Love,
Nick "Can't Show My Face On the Playground For Months Now" Provetti

TheMACHINE
05-12-2009, 11:51 AM
UyiW60sKT4c

Dude, theres already about a hundred altered videos on youtube of this clip. lol

Spursfan092120
05-12-2009, 11:55 AM
I agree with you that an apology was in order- just as it is anytime someone bumps into someone else.

Also I saw the incident live on television. The kid had his back to Big Baby and did not see him coming.

The kid is entitled to an apology. Nothing more, maybe but definitely an apology.
Exactly..all these people in here who are bashing the kid and yelling at him..cursing..making fun of him...look at yourselves...you all have the balls to call him stupid? You're bashing a 12 year old little kid. A 12 year old little kid that was pushed by a 300 lb. man. And you say "Oh..he shouldn't have had courtside tickets..." If you could have courtside tickets to a playoff game, you'd go. And you don't spend thousands of dollars on tickets to one game just so you can be slammed into by an enormous blob. The kid's father is not asking for money. He's not trying to sue the guy...all he wants is an apology for running into his 12 year old son. There ain't a damn thing wrong with that. And if you think there is something wrong with that..remember one thing. HE'S not getting paid millions of dollars to be on that court..he actually paid to be on it. He doesn't deserve to get slammed into...and he definitely doesn't deserve to be insulted because of it.

jack sommerset
05-12-2009, 11:56 AM
hahaha. wants an apology. too funny. thats america today!

jack sommerset
05-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Exactly..all these people in here who are bashing the kid and yelling at him..cursing..making fun of him...look at yourselves...you all have the balls to call him stupid? You're bashing a 12 year old little kid. A 12 year old little kid that was pushed by a 300 lb. man. And you say "Oh..he shouldn't have had courtside tickets..." If you could have courtside tickets to a playoff game, you'd go. And you don't spend thousands of dollars on tickets to one game just so you can be slammed into by an enormous blob. The kid's father is not asking for money. He's not trying to sue the guy...all he wants is an apology for running into his 12 year old son. There ain't a damn thing wrong with that. And if you think there is something wrong with that..remember one thing. HE'S not getting paid millions of dollars to be on that court..he actually paid to be on it. He doesn't deserve to get slammed into...and he definitely doesn't deserve to be insulted because of it.

Bravo .NOT.....The Dad should say "Son, shit happens,no harm no foul"

Spursfan092120
05-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Bravo .NOT.....The Dad should say "Son, shit happens,no harm no foul"
How do you know he wasn't harmed? How do you know what's going on in this family's lives? Who the hell are you to say that kid doesn't deserve an apology? He paid good money for those seats...he didn't pay it to get slammed into by Big Baby...he's not asking for money...THAT would be ridiculous. All he wants is an apology...not too much to ask.

DaDakota
05-12-2009, 12:18 PM
How hard would it be for Big Baby to say he was "Sorry" what happened to common courtesy these days.

SHEESH !

DD

Spursfan092120
05-12-2009, 12:26 PM
How hard would it be for Big Baby to say he was "Sorry" what happened to common courtesy these days.

SHEESH !

DD
Exactly...but he's 12...he's supposed to be tough...lol...

bdubya
05-12-2009, 12:30 PM

Davis should have turned around, asked if the kid was OK, and apologized.

He didn't. Oh well...I don't hear the kid whining for an apology, just his father.

Fpoonsie
05-12-2009, 12:42 PM
Well, if Davis turns around and apologizes to the kid NOW, it'd prolly give his whiny father some odd satisfaction that he "got it" out of him. Had the dad never made an issue out of it, I don't think Glen would have any problem sending an apology the kids way. Maybe even a signed, glossy photo of his game-winning shot.

Spursfan092120
05-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Davis should have turned around, asked if the kid was OK, and apologized.

He didn't. Oh well...I don't hear the kid whining for an apology, just his father.
The father probably did it for the kid. How many 12 year olds are going to ask a 300 lb man for an apology?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-12-2009, 12:59 PM
Well, if Davis turns around and apologizes to the kid NOW, it'd prolly give his whiny father some odd satisfaction that he "got it" out of him. Had the dad never made an issue out of it, I don't think Glen would have any problem sending an apology the kids way. Maybe even a signed, glossy photo of his game-winning shot.

:lol

Good point, screw the whiney dad. I think if Glen Davis is smart, he can have it both ways. He could sincerely apologize to the kid, but leave

"P.S.

Your dad is a douche"

at the bottom.

duncan228
05-12-2009, 01:40 PM
Celtics’ Davis apologizes for bumping young fan (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=ap-celtics-magicfan&prov=ap&type=lgns)

Boston Celtics forward Glen Davis apologized Tuesday for bumping a 12-year-old boy while celebrating his game-winning shot against the Orlando Magic.

Davis said he got emotional and didn’t see the boy as he turned and ran to the Celtics bench to celebrate his 21-foot jumper that gave the Celtics a 95-94 win over the Magic on Sunday. It tied the second-round playoff series at 2-2.

“If I’ve hurt anybody or if I’ve done any harm to anybody, please forgive me because my intentions were just harmless,” he said.

Video of the play shows the 6-foot-9, 289-pound Davis ducking behind a referee and stepping out of bounds before appearing to place a hand in the small of the boy’s back. The boy took a step back and his hat fell off.

If he had realized he made contact with the boy, Davis said he would have tried to make him feel better.

The boy’s father wrote the NBA office demanding an apology.

Ernest Provetti, who identified the boy as his son, Nicholas, said Davis had “no regard for fans’ personal safety.”

Game 5 is Tuesday night in Boston.

angel_luv
05-12-2009, 01:48 PM
If he had realized he made contact with the boy, Davis said he would have tried to make him feel better.

How do you bump into something and not know it?

Of course Davis is very well insulated so maybe he did not feel it. :lol

Although, for the record, I do think the language of the father's letter was too dramatic, even though his request for an apology was reasonable.

LnGrrrR
05-12-2009, 02:26 PM

I would never apologize to anyone that called me a "raging lunatic" and tried to make an incident seem 10X worse than it was.

If the Dad had been cool, that would have been different.

LnGrrrR
05-12-2009, 02:29 PM
PS. Man, that dad is a frigging douche. That's like me attending a baseball game, then being pissed if a baseball hits me in the noggin cause I'm not paying attention and trying to demand an apology of the hitter. :D :lol

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 03:08 PM
The dad could have waited a couple of days to see if an apology was issued. Demanding an apology is kind of douchey. I would probably have resisted doing it on general principle; props to Davis for doing the right thing.