PDA

View Full Version : Rockets vs Lakers Game 5

Indazone
05-11-2009, 04:35 PM
http://www.secondhandlps.de/pix_sdtrcklps/rocky4.jpg

Ok here we go fans of the underdog! Can the Rockets overcome adversity and the loss of Yao, T-Mac and Deke and still beat the Lakeshow? I say they can. The donut team of the decade will take the Lakeshow to the brink.

Bring it baby!

Double-Up
05-11-2009, 04:36 PM
Let's go Rockets! Pull out the win and close the series in Houston.

Indazone
05-11-2009, 04:37 PM
We are the warriors the sequal

Morg1411
05-11-2009, 04:38 PM
Kick some Laker ass! :toast

anonoftheinternets
05-11-2009, 04:38 PM
GO Rox ... one more and this series will REALLY get interesting ...

Indazone
05-11-2009, 04:39 PM
We believe! Lighting can strike twice!

http://www.sim0nsays.com/IMG_9514.JPG

Indazone
05-11-2009, 04:40 PM
See now this is where the Rockets should give out free red BELIEVE t-shirts to every single fan who goes to the game. Turn Toyota Center into a sea of Red for game 6. Do - or Die

rayray2k8
05-11-2009, 05:11 PM
Interesting series now, but I think the Rockets will be coming down back to earth soon. No disrespect to the Rocket fans, I'll give your team some fucking credit for playing with a lot of heart. Their role players step up.
(Unlike our spurs role players, the let Parker and Duncan out to dry)

nkdlunch
05-11-2009, 05:13 PM
I will most definitely be rooting for the Rockets. But game 5 is a win for Lakers. They will have the home cooking going on. Rockets will be a little over their heads.

Rockets do have a chance to steal game 6 though, then, anything is possible.

Indazone
05-11-2009, 05:13 PM
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Park/1568/KnuteRockneGippDeath.jpg

Win one for the Gipper Boys!

http://djbaker10.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/tracy-mcgrady-and-yao-ming-photograph-c12876440.jpg

http://sportige.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/mutombo-prst-mala.jpg

NEVER FORGET

sook
05-11-2009, 05:30 PM
i don't give a fuck about winning this series, i just wanna see a close game 7 :lol

Banzai
05-11-2009, 05:30 PM
Go Lakers!!!!

crc21209
05-11-2009, 05:31 PM
I'm callin it like I did before the series...Rockets in 6. If the Rockets win this game 5 in L.A, its OVER.

Banzai
05-11-2009, 05:34 PM
I'm callin it like I did before the series...Rockets in 6. If the Rockets win this game 5 in L.A, its OVER.

Game 5 should be close all game...I wonder if it'll play out like game 5 vs Utah.

Banzai
05-11-2009, 06:59 PM
official game thread.

Indazone
05-11-2009, 07:35 PM
Richard Justice

http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustic...05/post_23.html (http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice/archives/2009/05/post_23.html)

McGrady joins the traveling party as the Rockets arrive in LA
''We're not going to beat them with size and jumping ability and all that. We have to outwork 'em.''--Rick Adelman

Now for breaking news. Tracy McGrady has joined the bandwagon. When the bus carrying the Rockets pulled up outside the Clippers' practice facility, McGrady filed off with the rest of the players. Yao Ming, as promised, was there, too.

The Rockets came directly from LAX for a light practice. They'll meet and review video later, but that may take place at their hotel.

So now that they've gotten the attention of the Lakers, what now? Some of Sunday's upset can be traced to the Lakers failing to take care of business, but this new lineup creates some very real problems.

Phil Jackson benched Derek Fisher because he was unable to deal with the speed of Aaron Brooks and Kyle Lowry. What does he do in Game 5? Does he give Fisher another shot, or does he put Jordan Farmar back in the lineup?

The Lakers did a poor job with their pick-and-roll defense. Can they be repaired?

In the end, the Rockets have to play the way they played in Game 4. They have to go at it fearlessly and confidently and quickly. They won despite not getting great games from Ron Artest, Carl Landry and Von Wafer. They got giant games from Aaron Brooks and Shane Battier, but there are places they can improve.

The refs will play a role, too. Can Chuck Hayes stay on the floor? He's important to everything the Rockets do in terms of defense and rebounding. Rick Adelman is comfortable with Luis Scola playing the middle, but losing Hayes fundamentally changes the Rockets.

While we're fretting about match-ups and next season and all that, let's all pause to consider how much fun this is. The Rockets are deeper into the playoffs than they've been in 12 years.

They've lost their two best players and their backup center, and they're still exchanging punches with the Western Conference's best team. If you didn't fall in love with this team during the regular season, you're almost certainly in love with them now no matter how this plays out. Enjoy, friends, enjoy.

Artest93
05-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Mcgrady's tryin his best to be a Rocket for 2009-2010 season

turiaf for president
05-11-2009, 07:58 PM
i think its going to be a double digit win for the lakers in game 5. kobe is probably ripping into everyone as we speak. look for the lakers to come out strong.

Artest93
05-11-2009, 08:01 PM
I heard that Odom is out for the game tomorrow, but I also heard that he is out for a week, can anyone confirm?

Indazone
05-11-2009, 08:07 PM
:lolThis is starting to feel like the 86 playoffs when the Lakers were punked by the Rockets. - Lakerfan

http://forums.lakersground.net/templates/uberSTYLE/images/icon_minipost.gif (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=2350578#2350578)Posted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:20 am Post subject: Yao being out through us off. That's ALL it is. Game 5 to Lakers, GUARANTEED.I had been saying this since BEFORE it was announced that Yao would be out for the remainder of the series.

It would NOT be in the Lakers favor for Yao to miss the remainder of the series.

Why? Well, it's akin to shifting gears at 200 mph....especially in a hard, physical series like this. Disorienting.

Here's the deal: The Lakers had figured Houston out. They took their best punches (as fully composed with Yao) in Games 1 and 2 and got a split. After winning Game 3, it looked (and felt) like it was over.

BUT, Yao was declared out for the series and EVERYTHING CHANGED.

What we are dealing with now is basically like playing an entirely new team.

And its actually worse than that. It's a new team MID SERIES. And even MORE confusing is that it's a new team, mid series, with familiar faces all around.

Huh? Yeah. Adelman (and the team) changed their entire approach. They went from an inside out team to a running smallball team. I don't put this on PJax either, bc there was NO FOOTAGE TO WATCH as to how they would play without Yao in a playoff series. I'll put in terms that maybe some video game fans out there might understand: It's like playing someone online, then your opponent hands over their controller to someone else who plays a totally different style.

:toast

iggypop123
05-11-2009, 08:11 PM
lakers should win, kobe will get more free throws than battier unlike last game of battier 6, kobe-0

Roxsfan
05-11-2009, 08:53 PM
It's going to be very interesting how the lakers respond and adjust. If they get in a hole even down by 10 at any point, its over for LA.

j-money24
05-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Lakers lead early in the game by like 25 than the rockets cut the lead to like 5 by the end of the 3rd Q, Lakers win close game.

Artest_Is_Fearless
05-11-2009, 09:44 PM
I'm already happy with the season, anymore win is just icing on the cake.

Indazone
05-11-2009, 09:50 PM
Exactly, win or lose, this has been a great season. We got nothing to hang our heads over and there is no pressure on us. We are expected to lose so like you said, any victory from here on out is gravy for us.

Jacob1983
05-11-2009, 11:58 PM
Lakers will win this game but the Rockets will win game 6 and game 7 will depend on how David Stern is feeling.

Indazone
05-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Lakers can't compete with Rockets speed and defense. Lowry, Brooks, Hayes, Scola, and Landry with a good dose of Von Wafer and Artest.

By the way, Ron-Ron is going off for 40 pts. He won't have 2 cold shooting games in a row.

Indazone
05-12-2009, 10:07 AM
Movement is stirring

Their last game against the Lakers was essentially a pass-or-fail test for the Rockets. They passed with flying colors

By JONATHAN FEIGEN Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

May 11, 2009, 11:57PM

PLAYA VISTA, Calif. — The Rockets had one practice to change everything and save their season.
They didn’t know Yao Ming would be out for the remainder of the playoffs, but they were certain enough he would miss Sunday’s key Game 4 against the Lakers to know that in the span of a few hours, they would have to junk the offense that had been built around him and the opportunities that come in his orbit and replace them with something very different.
They would plug in a 6-6 center who does not shoot, put the ball in the hands of a second-year point guard who aspires to be the 6 feet tall he claims to be, and fire the ball around the floor until it found open shooters.
There was nothing in those orders the Rockets players hadn’t heard before, but with their best offensive player out, they still had to make enormous changes in priorities, and they would have to be far better.
Now, with the Western Conference semifinals tied 2-2 heading to tonight’s Game 5, the Rockets must do it again. And again.
The beautiful game

“It was a lot better,” Rockets coach Rick Adelman said. “We really moved the ball. We had great spacing. And everybody made the extra pass. That’s the beauty.”
There have been few occasions when Adelman has been moved to call the Rockets’ offensive execution beautiful, but he got just what he envisioned when he told the Rockets on Saturday that Yao would be out and what they would have to do about it.
With Aaron Brooks putting up a career-high 34 points, the Rockets led by 29 before cruising to Sunday’s 99-87 win.
Even with Yao out and their top remaining postseason scorers, Ron Artest and Luis Scola, making a combined eight of 40 shots, the Rockets found open shooters in ways they hadn’t.
“In the two games before that, we started the games out with preconceived notions of what we’re going to do without even seeing what the defense is doing,” Adelman said. “You have to see what the defense is doing, and then you read that, react, and there’s always an option if they take something away. We did more (Sunday) of mixing things up where it wasn’t the same every time down the court. That made a huge difference.”
While Brooks’ quickness gave the Lakers trouble, especially with the lane left open by the absence of the Rockets’ usual low-post scorer, Shane Battier’s job did not change. However, Battier had a career playoff-high 23 points, making six of 12 shots, all but one from beyond the 3-point arc.
Battier often has said his field-goal attempts are a good measure of the quality of the Rockets’ ball movement. The benefits of that movement might have never been clearer than on Sunday.
“One leads to the other,” he said. “Usually when you have a great shooting day, it’s because you had good ball movement. When we hold the ball, those 3s are a lot more contested, and you don’t shoot as great a percentage. We have to shoot 30 or 40 3s to win this next game. That’s how we’ll try to make up for the loss of Yao’s points.
“The thing about ball movement, it’s contagious. When one guy does it and you have success, the ball seems to zip around a lot better. When you don’t see it out there, people are holding it; people are less inclined to do it.”
Tougher time expected

The Rockets expect their execuction on offense to become more difficult. The Lakers were uncharacteristically slow to help and rotate in Game 4. Brooks and Kyle Lowry got into the lane easily, beginning the series of passes that led to open shots.
“We controlled the ball and made the extra pass,” Brooks said. “(In Game 3) we tried to force things a little too much. (In Game 4) we got into the middle, and we kicked it out and got the ball moving. That’s what you have to do against this team. I think they’re one of the best teams one-on-one defending and one of the best team in post-up defense. We had to get in, swing the ball and get points that way.”
Adelman said the Rockets are prepared for the Lakers to improve defensively, knowing there are ways to counter the steps they expect Los Angeles to take.
“They’re going to try to jam it up,” Adelman said. “They’re going to try to keep us from getting to the basket. They weren’t as active as we’ve seen in the past. By being more active, they’re going to be better.
“They will pack in the lane. But if we do things right, they’re going to have a hard time cutting Aaron off. If you move people and move the ball, it eventually is going to come back to him, and he’s going to be able to attack. He may not be able to do it initially down the court, but that’s all right. Our whole point is not to try to attack them initially on one side of the court; it’s to move people and move the ball.
“I just think if we run our offense the way we’re capable of running it, we’re going to have answers.”

GO ROCKETS!

Indazone
05-12-2009, 10:10 AM
Smith gives Rockets a shot

Yao’s absence surmountable, says TNT analyst

By DAVID BARRON Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

May 12, 2009, 12:11AM

Having witnessed some fairly spectacular events during his career with the Rockets, TNT analyst Kenny Smith isn’t quite ready to include Houston’s Game 4 win over the Lakers in the team’s Improbability Hall of Fame.
Yao Ming’s absence after a season-ending foot injury, Smith said Monday, did not alter certain strengths by the Rockets — and weaknesses on the Lakers’ part — that remain in place as the teams prepare for Game 5 tonight in Los Angeles on TNT.
“I probably was one of the few people who thought (the Rockets) would win Game 4,” Smith said. “The advantages they had weren’t all Yao Ming. A big part was, but it wasn’t just him. … In a close game is where they will miss him, but the Rockets will be in every game.”
While Yao’s absence has reduced the Rockets’ margin for error, Smith said, it has not necessarily increased the Lakers’ chances to prevail in the series.
“The advantage (the Lakers) have is that Kobe Bryant is the best player on the planet. They have that whether Yao Ming is there or not there,” he said. “They had trouble posting Lamar Odom, whom Yao Ming did not guard, and Kobe Bryant does not go into the lane because the perimeter defenders are making him take jump shots, not because of Yao Ming.”
Smith said the Rockets now remind him of a Don Nelson-coached team, but with better physical strength among the big men.
“The Lakers have size, but they don’t have size and bulk,” he said. “So the same things that gave them problems last year in the Finals (against Boston) could happen, which is that teams can get physical with them because their big guys are so skilled.
“One way to handle skilled guys is to put them out of their comfort spots, and then you have a chance because you make things uncomfortable for them. That is what the Rockets are trying to do. The Lakers want to use their speed and quickness, and if they can do that, they probably can beat the Rockets easily. But it’s easier said than done.”
While Smith seems to have a good handle on things, his TNT counterpart, Charles Barkley, isn’t quite sure how the Rockets are keeping pace with L.A.
“Coach (Rick) Adelman, I don’t know what the hell you’re doing, but congratulations. Keep doing it,” Barkley said.
What is clear to Barkley is that the Lakers clearly lacked a sense of urgency in Game 4.
“The Lakers are guilty of having so much talent, they win because they are good, but they never play with a sense of urgency unless there is a (real) sense of urgency,” Barkley said. “In Game 3, there was a sense of urgency.”
[email protected]

Banzai
05-12-2009, 10:26 AM
go lakers!

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 01:36 PM
So this is the official game day thread correct? I need to know where to post.

Indazone
05-12-2009, 01:39 PM
lol competing game threads. Post here if you're not a Laker homer and Iron Mexican jinx thread.

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 01:46 PM
Weak to spam the board with multiple game threads bc of superstition. I will post in here. I hate the Rockets less than I hate the Lakers.

Banzai
05-12-2009, 01:50 PM
I believe this thread is OFFICIAL.

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 01:56 PM
Any news on Odom? I am assuming he is a game time decision but he will play.

DrHouse
05-12-2009, 02:00 PM
Hope Odom can play. The Lakers need him out there to rebound and run the fast break.

He's been due for a good game for awhile now.

Double-Up
05-12-2009, 02:01 PM
Two threads is stupid...wtf is going on here? :rolleyes

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 02:14 PM
Spamming is ok if you are Laker fan. They do not have any rules. It will be interesting to see if Phil pulls the plug on Fish early.

mytespurs
05-12-2009, 02:24 PM
Lakers win by 10 + tonight. They will come out focused and ready to play.
That seems to be their MO after subpar performances.

anonoftheinternets
05-12-2009, 02:25 PM
if rox wins this it will be on par with 2007 mavs warriors ... or better than that actually ...

The_Game
05-12-2009, 02:44 PM
have a feeling L.A will comeout strong tonight, even though Houston won game 4 I still don't think they have a realistic chance of winning the series.

GuerillaBlack
05-12-2009, 03:24 PM
I'm seeing a Game 2 repeat here. Lakers are going to come out on fire tonight.

turiaf for president
05-12-2009, 03:26 PM
bynum will get a double double. i think they need to take advantage of his size. also they need to put brooks on his ass every time he drives into the lane. cant wait!

sook
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Hope Odom can play. The Lakers need him out there to rebound and run the fast break.

He's been due for a good game for awhile now.

Odom not playing is the BIGGEST thing i am worrying about. Bynum was benched because he was innefective against Yao and that leaves Hayes to guard Pau. But now that Yao is gone and if Odom doesn't start that means Bynum will.

The rockets will get destroyed by either one of them. If Odom doesn't play and Bynum starts its a 30 point blowout.

iggypop123
05-12-2009, 03:36 PM
if its a game time decision it will be a game time decision

iilluzioN
05-12-2009, 03:38 PM
GOO ROCKETS!!!

you guys have alot of fans on your side tonight!

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 03:44 PM
The only hope the Rockets have is if the Lakers/Kobe bail them out by playing dumb. If Kobe does not come out aggressive (and by aggressive I do not mean chucking up shots, I mean forcing his way into the paint) and if they do not pound the ball into Gasol/Bynum, the Rockets will be in the game.

Artest93
05-12-2009, 03:49 PM
It will be a close game if the Rockets have 0 turnovers

Indazone
05-12-2009, 03:55 PM
Dammit, the Rockets are the Charlie Brown's of the NBA. We never got to kick the football cause Lucy always pulls the ball away at the last minute (Yao, T-Mac and Deke going down), We get rocks for halloween and coal for Christmas. We'll get to the finals of the spelling bee and totally screw up the easiest word on stage. i before e except after c.

Why do you think so many people and fans are pulling for us. Everyone loves the underdog!

iggypop123
05-12-2009, 04:00 PM
just found out odom will play. thats all i know

Indazone
05-12-2009, 04:01 PM
If Odom plays I doubt he'll make it through the entire game unscathed. He's coming back too soon.

sook
05-12-2009, 04:03 PM
you forgot that we always end up with coal in our sacks

sook
05-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Yes odom!

Indazone
05-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Lakers are going down to the Houston Scrubs tonight.

Thunder Dan
05-12-2009, 04:10 PM
http://www.secondhandlps.de/pix_sdtrcklps/rocky4.jpg

Ok here we go fans of the underdog! Can the Rockets overcome adversity and the loss of Yao, T-Mac and Deke and still beat the Lakeshow? I say they can. The donut team of the decade will take the Lakeshow to the brink.

Bring it baby!

I guess technically you can use an image with an American flag now that Yao is gone and you aren't playing in your unamerican arena

GuerillaBlack
05-12-2009, 04:12 PM
9_PoLB8_cWw

robbie380
05-12-2009, 04:21 PM
just found out odom will play. thats all i know

thank jesus!! that guy fucking sucks. we got screwed when fisher didn't play but when he came back we won easily. now we get to have a hurt odom bogging you guys down too. :lol

Banzai
05-12-2009, 05:06 PM
thank jesus!! that guy fucking sucks. we got screwed when fisher didn't play but when he came back we won easily. now we get to have a hurt odom bogging you guys down too. :lol

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/toe_ball.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2386)

robbie380
05-12-2009, 09:06 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/toe_ball.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=2386)

i raise you

http://bbs.cn.yimg.com/user_img/200703/02/tvc357_1172765267799295.jpg

cyrusvhadsupper
05-12-2009, 09:10 PM
hopefully JVG got it right... Rockets in 6!

Jeff Van Gundy
05-12-2009, 09:17 PM
Your damn straight I got it right. You got Kobe who is a phenomenal SG and is one of the best in the NBA, no doubt about that. But Houston right now is playing with a lot of heart and integrity. The officials need to let them be big boys in the paint and not call ticky tack fouls.

cyrusvhadsupper
05-12-2009, 09:22 PM
Your damn straight I got it right. You got Kobe who is a phenomenal SG and is one of the best in the NBA, no doubt about that. But Houston right now is playing with a lot of heart and integrity. The officials need to let them be big boys in the paint and not call ticky tack fouls.

wow glad to c u here my idol :downspin:

Lars
05-12-2009, 09:33 PM
Matt Bullard got a vom hawk supposedly, cant wait to see that.

iggypop123
05-12-2009, 09:33 PM
so a shove in the back shouldn't be called?

rayray2k8
05-12-2009, 09:40 PM
bump

rayray2k8
05-12-2009, 09:41 PM
I still don't think the Rockets will win, but you never know.
Hopefully it's somewhat entertaining.

DAF86
05-12-2009, 09:48 PM
Bynum to start, I guess Jackson thinks like me.

iggypop123
05-12-2009, 09:48 PM
scola does the hairnet?

pauls931
05-12-2009, 09:51 PM
I gotta see a game with less chokage...

Thunder Dan
05-12-2009, 09:53 PM
anyone see Andre iguagadala listening to his iPod in the stands

lefty
05-12-2009, 09:55 PM
anyone see Andre iguagadala listening to his iPod in the stands

Let me guess: he is watching the game on the Jumbotron and trying to get the comments trough FM reception

Spur-Addict
05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
http://www.lasoutdoors.com/images/Referee-type-whistle-CS19.JPG

cyrusvhadsupper
05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
refs in the works... 2 ticky tacky fouls on Hayes

DAF86
05-12-2009, 09:58 PM
Let me guess: he is watching the game on the Jumbotron and trying to get the comments trough FM reception

Hey lefty the last two Lakers wins came with Kobe in your avatar... just saying...

lefty
05-12-2009, 09:59 PM
Hey lefty the last two Lakers wins came with Kobe in your avatar... just saying...

Damn you re right !!!!

Going back to Chuck Daly !!!!

Rogue
05-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Fakers started Bynum, just as I speculated.

Capt Bringdown
05-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Refs going to work tonight!

Lakers 0 fouls, Rockets 5.

Spur-Addict
05-12-2009, 10:02 PM
The Rockets must keep a proper pace if they expect to win on the road.

Rogue
05-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Lamar is on

pauls931
05-12-2009, 10:04 PM
I think the lakers blow them out this time. Last game was an abirition.

Rogue
05-12-2009, 10:04 PM
Kobe is unstoppable

iggypop123
05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
rockets in the game cause of fisher

cyrusvhadsupper
05-12-2009, 10:05 PM
doug dude says nothing not starting with K and not ending with E

what a nut-hugger

Rogue
05-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Battier is pervious to Kobe Bryant.

pauls931
05-12-2009, 10:09 PM
stfu kobe, the refs gave you a turnover instead of a foul there.

Spur-Addict
05-12-2009, 10:09 PM
Turnovers are creating a pace unfavorable for the Rocks. They better get under control.

lefty
05-12-2009, 10:11 PM
C'mon Rocks, focus

Rogue
05-12-2009, 10:12 PM
35-24

spursparker9
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM
houston should free JAMES WHITE!

lefty
Fuck

Capt Bringdown
Similar to their other wins, the Lakers build a big lead in the first. Game over.

it's me
wow with those freaking lucky shots and sterns directions no way the fakers give the game away...... so sad

fotan2
05-12-2009, 10:15 PM
rockets should tank for the game 6 now

rayray2k8
05-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Damn, what I miss??

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Sasha owns Wafer. Seriously.

rayray2k8
05-12-2009, 10:17 PM
Rockets playing small ball that would make Pop proud. :lol

cyrusvhadsupper
05-12-2009, 10:19 PM
doug collins is a fken homer

01Snake
05-12-2009, 10:20 PM
All hand

cyrusvhadsupper
05-12-2009, 10:21 PM
that was a clear foul by shasha

it's me
05-12-2009, 10:21 PM
if they call something for the rockets they get fired..... thats what Stern told the zebras from what I've seen so far.... pathetic

Hemotivo
05-12-2009, 10:22 PM
that was a clear foul by shasha

:wow

Rogue
05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
only chuck hayes can put a pair of manecle on Pau's hands

Capt Bringdown
05-12-2009, 10:23 PM
Amazing 1st quarter shooting in the Lakers wins. Almost 70%.

Rogue
05-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Von wafor 3

turiaf for president
05-12-2009, 10:25 PM
lakers feeding pau and rockets settling for jumpers. just what the lakers need

rayray2k8
05-12-2009, 10:27 PM
The hell happen? The lakers took their foot off the pedal.

turiaf for president
05-12-2009, 10:28 PM
showtime!

rayray2k8
05-12-2009, 10:28 PM
My bad, they were switching gears. lmao

Hemotivo
05-12-2009, 10:34 PM
My bad, they were switching gears. lmao

:bang

Spur-Addict
05-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Turnovers, turnovers and more turnovers.

TampaDude
Yup...just as I predicted...a blowout by the Lakers...

Rogue
Rockets are done for this game, but they still can drag the duece back in game 6.

Many PackYao
This is getting ugly fast. Good win Lakers.

cyrusvhadsupper
05-12-2009, 10:45 PM
game over, gg Lakers

sexinthatsx
05-12-2009, 10:48 PM
wow rockets are getting raped

GuerillaBlack
05-12-2009, 10:49 PM
Shitty game Rockets. Shitty game.

Crookshanks
05-12-2009, 10:49 PM
I'm going to bed - this is just too painful to watch! The Rockets need some stickum on their hands - they can't hold on to the basketball for anything.

The Lakers are firing on all cylinders - maybe they'll pull off a major choke job in the 4th quarter - but it looks like the Rockets are done for tonight.

sexinthatsx
05-12-2009, 10:53 PM
so many turnovers for the rockets too

endrity
05-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Rox are trying but the disparity in talent is obvious. When they are playing halfcourt defense they are doing well, the problem is that not only they can't score on offense, their turnovers are generating the Lakers offense.

tp2021
05-12-2009, 10:55 PM
Hearing Kenny say Pow Ga-sow so many times in such a small timeframe is irritating.

Jacko
05-12-2009, 11:32 PM
I thought the Rockets played hard every night?

They've clearly given up tonight.

Banzai
05-12-2009, 11:42 PM
Hearing Kenny say Pow Ga-sow so many times in such a small timeframe is irritating.

James Worthy says Pau KA SAL.