PDA

View Full Version : Any news on Beno

RobinsontoDuncan
09-19-2004, 04:19 PM
i heard earlier from this fourum that he was injured, what's the latest

SLOVENIAN 8
09-19-2004, 04:59 PM
He had strained knee ligaments!!!!!
Beno is now in Slovenia, Ljubljana on therapy!!!
But in news here in Slovenia they talk that he will might play in last two qualifications games in Slovenia!! Strange??:shock

Slomo15
09-19-2004, 05:21 PM
It looks like the diagnosis is strained knee ligaments. Some sport journalists seem to be convinced that he'll play on Wednesday against Poland which would indicate that the injury is not too serious. That's the good news.

I am unable to find any official news on his condition, which worries me a little. Bur maybe it's just because its Sunday and we'll know more tomorrow (I was away 10 days and just came back home today).

If I hear anything new I'll post it here.

Tommy Duncan
09-19-2004, 11:51 PM
Play again? F that. Send him a ticket and get his Slovenian ass in San Antonio de Bexar.

As for Radosoft, I hope he makes his country proud. :)

SequSpur
09-19-2004, 11:53 PM
Great.

Pop's new project is playing in the YMCA league. Why bother with these foreigners?

T Park Num 9
09-20-2004, 01:46 AM
I thought you just wanted to add some foreigners.

Make up your mind small fry.

Slomo15
09-20-2004, 05:34 AM
As I understand it the situation is:
Rasho is already on his way to SA (actually I believe he should be there any day).
Beno is undergoing MRI exams and treatment for his injury in Ljubljana (and yes medical services are at a pretty high level in Slovenia even when compared to the US) and he is expected to play on Wednesday against Poland. I personnaly doubt that and believe that Beno will be traveling to the US as soon as the extend of his injury is known.

Again I'm still fishing for info and nothing regarding Beno is really official.

Slomo15
09-20-2004, 05:36 AM
And yes TD I do expect Rasho to make us proud this year (or he'll loose fans over here even faster than over there :) )

Slomo15
09-20-2004, 10:48 AM
The Slovenian basketball federation will announce at a press conference tomorrow that Beno is not part of the team roster for the game against Poland. Beno is currently in rehab and his status in regards to the national team is unclear.

Although changes to the roster on the day of the game are allowed, chances of Beno playing on Wednesday are slim. The people at the federation declined any comments about Beno leaving for the US before the end of the tournament and said that they are optimistic about Beno playing in the last game(s).

We'll probably know more about the situation after the press conference which is to be held at 12:30 local time.