PDA

View Full Version : Sissy Feel-Good BS Set To Ruin Baseball and Children

CommanderMcBragg
09-20-2004, 02:01 PM
I am ashamed that my team is advocating this nonsense (http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/News/St.+Louis+City+%2F+County/story/087E92D4796E09DF86256EED00136438?OpenDocument&Headline=Youth+baseball+program+makes+everyone+a+w inner)

Rotating team captains, five pitches per batter, no stealing until the ball gets to the catcher and a pitching machine "adjusted to allow the batter the best possible chance of putting the ball in play"

Yes, this is what they think baseball should be, because kids are apparently too 'precious' to ever not be the winner.
What a bunch of crap!
How are kids supposed to learn to improve their game and learn how to be a good sport without some sort of healthy competition?
You might as well lobotomise the whole lot. This is why kids are such little shits - they're never disciplined and never allowed to fail!

I remember when I was a young lad we would "chatter" up a strom when the opposing team was as at bat.
I loved it. "He can't hit, he can't hit", which soon turned into, "kennedy, kennedy, kennedy...swing batter swing!"

Life is tough and while I can understand that it should be "healthy competition", baseball as are all sports, are played to win.

Granted there are some parents who need to learn about "proper sportsmanship" and if they would teach their children at home how to be good losers then we wouldn't have this crap going on across America's baseball fields.

Spurminator
09-20-2004, 03:45 PM
I played baseball like this at the YMCA as a kid. I hated it.

ClintSquint
09-20-2004, 05:13 PM
I hear you Commander.

After we gave the opposing team a good spankin', we would jusy shout, "2, 4, 6, 8, who do we appreciate?", and all was forgotten and then we devoured our after game snack.

SpursWoman
09-20-2004, 05:56 PM
I played baseball like this at the YMCA as a kid. I hated it.

I was going to say.....in my son's little league they get 7 pitches, so the bigger guys should obviously get less.

:lol

Useruser666
09-20-2004, 06:05 PM
7 pitches? That's like a strike out and walk in one at bat!

Useruser666 :eyebrow

bigzak25
09-20-2004, 06:09 PM
people must learn to lose, before they learn how to win....or some shit like that.....

SpursWoman
09-20-2004, 06:29 PM
Well, it's coach-pitch....and most of the coaches can't pitch worth a damn, so instead of having every kid walk...if they haven't stuck out by 6, they swing like a mofo on pitch 7.

:lol

It's CYO, what do you do?

ClintSquint
09-20-2004, 06:30 PM
CYA.

Spurminator
09-20-2004, 06:35 PM
I think it's good for younger kids. There's really no great winning and losing lessons to be learned for a 5 year old... I'd probably start my kids off in a non-competitive atmosphere, and as they grow (and if they continue to enjoy playing) transition them into the more competitive environment.

ClintSquint
09-20-2004, 06:42 PM
As soon as you take your first breath in life IT'S ON!

Jimcs50
09-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Do they allow time for diaper changes betw innings?

iminlakerland
09-20-2004, 11:43 PM
GAY!