PDA

View Full Version : Nugget's Kenyon Martin "I'll take care of situation with Cuban"

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 05:46 PM
Nuggets' Martin: I'll talk with Cuban

ESPN.com news services

A day after Mother's Day, Kenyon Martin (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=515) lobbed a verbal salvo to Dallas Mavericks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=dal) owner Mark Cuban in defense of his own.
Martin, whose mother was verbally confronted by Cuban after Saturday night's game, said he was going to "take care of it" as early as Monday night, as the Nuggets looked to sweep the Mavericks in their second-round playoff series.

"I don't feel I need to call his name in the media and all that, but it's a little personal," Martin said after the Nuggets' shootaround in Dallas, according to a report on The Denver Post's Web site. "And I'm going to take care of it."
The incident, during which Cuban referred to Martin as a "thug" or a "punk," according to an earlier report in The Post, was part of a raucous postgame scene the NBA said it was reviewing.
Cuban told the Denver newspaper by e-mail that as he walked off the court after the Mavericks' Saturday night loss in Dallas, he saw Martin's mother, Lydia Moore, as a fan was yelling that the Nuggets were "thugs."
"That includes your son," Cuban said to Moore, according to his e-mail to The Post.
Martin's agent, Brian Dyke, had a different take on the incident, The Post reported. According to Dyke, an unprovoked Cuban told Moore, "Your son is a punk."
Neither scenario amused Martin.
"Don't say nothing to my kids or my family," Martin said, according to The Post. "If you got something to say, say it to me. But I'm going to take care of it. I'm not going to do the whole media thing, back and forth. That's his thing. I'm more of a face-to-face type of dude."
"So whenever the opportunity presents itself, then I will address it. But I got a game to go win. At some point I will, but I got a game to go win, first and foremost. So that's my focus and concentration right now."
Asked if he thought the confrontation was Cuban's way of trying to get under the Nuggets' skin, Martin said yes.
"That's what he's trying to do, but it ain't going to work," Martin said, according to the newspaper. "I'm focused on what we need to do as a team. That's what I'm here to do. But if other things present themselves along the way then you got to address them. And this is one of those situations. I don't back away from nobody except the law."
Martin said he had not experienced anything like this during his nine-year career in the NBA.
"Nobody in his position, not at all," Martin said. "But of course, a college game where people in the stands are saying stuff to your family, that's fine and dandy, during the course of the game. But when the game is over, you don't say nothing to nobody's parents; especially mine. My mom or my kids, you don't have no words for them. I'll take care of it."

Not sure if this is already posted, but looks like K-Mart may be thinking of laying the smackdown on Mr. Cuban.

crc21209
05-11-2009, 05:55 PM
I hope Kenyon does go get in his face just to see what pussy ass Cuban would do...

Indazone
05-11-2009, 05:57 PM
Mark Cuban's bodyguard would lay the smackdown on K-Mart!:lol

wireonfire
05-11-2009, 06:00 PM
fugazi

dirk4mvp
05-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I wonder if that faggot ass lips tattoo on his neck frightens people.

DrHouse
05-11-2009, 06:05 PM
I don't know who is a bigger bitch...

me15lo
05-11-2009, 06:14 PM
I don't know who is a bigger bitch...

you are.. :toast

iilluzioN
05-11-2009, 06:16 PM
LOL 2 bitches fighting

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Seriously tho..somebody talks shit to my mom...I'd probably do the same damn thing.

Indazone
05-11-2009, 07:13 PM
hah, Cuban's bodyguard would flat out kick K-Marts ass.

lurker
05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Honestly, I believe Cuban when he says that she had been talking shit to him before that game.

Warlord23
05-11-2009, 07:15 PM
Well, at least a slapfest between these two bitches will be more interesting than the 20-point thrashing that the Mavs are about to be subjected to

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 07:16 PM
No you wouldnt, youd take it and swallow it.
We're not discussing your bedroom activities, lakaluva.

Red Hawk #21
05-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Mark Cuban is about to get assassinated lol

LakerHater
05-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Why didn't Cuban just say it to Martin!?

Xylus
05-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Honestly, I believe Cuban when he says that she had been talking shit to him before that game.

That wouldn't surprise me at all.

KMart is understandably mad, but I bet his mom is a bitch.

Armando
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
Well, at least a slapfest between these two bitches will be more interesting than the 20-point thrashing that the Mavs are about to be subjected to

:lmao

Throw in JR Smith as well

LakerHater
05-11-2009, 07:36 PM
That wouldn't surprise me at all.

KMart is understandably mad, but I bet his mom is a bitch.

Nuggets' Martin: I'll talk with Cuban

ESPN.com news services

A day after Mother's Day, Kenyon Martin (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?playerId=515) lobbed a verbal salvo to Dallas Mavericks (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/clubhouse?team=dal) owner Mark Cuban in defense of his own.
Martin, whose mother was verbally confronted by Cuban after Saturday night's game, said he was going to "take care of it" as early as Monday night, as the Nuggets looked to sweep the Mavericks in their second-round playoff series.

"I don't feel I need to call his name in the media and all that, but it's a little personal," Martin said after the Nuggets' shootaround in Dallas, according to a report on The Denver Post's Web site. "And I'm going to take care of it."
The incident, during which Cuban referred to Martin as a "thug" or a "punk," according to an earlier report in The Post, was part of a raucous postgame scene the NBA said it was reviewing.
Cuban told the Denver newspaper by e-mail that as he walked off the court after the Mavericks' Saturday night loss in Dallas, he saw Martin's mother, Lydia Moore, as a fan was yelling that the Nuggets were "thugs."
"That includes your son," Cuban said to Moore, according to his e-mail to The Post.
Martin's agent, Brian Dyke, had a different take on the incident, The Post reported. According to Dyke, an unprovoked Cuban told Moore, "Your son is a punk."
Neither scenario amused Martin.
"Don't say nothing to my kids or my family," Martin said, according to The Post. "If you got something to say, say it to me. But I'm going to take care of it. I'm not going to do the whole media thing, back and forth. That's his thing. I'm more of a face-to-face type of dude."
"So whenever the opportunity presents itself, then I will address it. But I got a game to go win. At some point I will, but I got a game to go win, first and foremost. So that's my focus and concentration right now."
Asked if he thought the confrontation was Cuban's way of trying to get under the Nuggets' skin, Martin said yes.
"That's what he's trying to do, but it ain't going to work," Martin said, according to the newspaper. "I'm focused on what we need to do as a team. That's what I'm here to do. But if other things present themselves along the way then you got to address them. And this is one of those situations. I don't back away from nobody except the law."
Martin said he had not experienced anything like this during his nine-year career in the NBA.
"Nobody in his position, not at all," Martin said. "But of course, a college game where people in the stands are saying stuff to your family, that's fine and dandy, during the course of the game. But when the game is over, you don't say nothing to nobody's parents; especially mine. My mom or my kids, you don't have no words for them. I'll take care of it."

Not sure if this is already posted, but looks like K-Mart may be thinking of laying the smackdown on Mr. Cuban.

By the sound of it, Cuban just responded to his mom what the crowd was already chanting! It just shows how classless, childish & immature Cuban is!!
He never once thought to think about how he'd feel if someone told his mom to her face that her son is a thug!
Cuban needs to give an apology before tipoff!

Xylus
05-11-2009, 07:37 PM
You're telling me that Martin's agent said that Martin's mom did not provoke Cuban?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

poop
05-11-2009, 07:38 PM
maybe they should have a fight to the death?

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 07:39 PM
maybe they should have a fight to the death?
and the winner gets to jump off a building.

DPG21920
05-11-2009, 07:41 PM
I just saw the clip. I do not know if she had been saying something all game or the game before (but it would have been hard to hear her during the game bc she was sitting by the tunnel), but Cuban just walked by her and she said nothing and he turned around and mouthed off to her.

TampaDude
05-11-2009, 07:46 PM
Mark Cuban's bodyguard would lay the smackdown on K-Mart!:lol

Don't worry...Nene will blindside him and clear the path for the Wrath of K-Mart! :lol

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 07:57 PM
This is so NOTHING of a story. Why did they even print this crap?
Um..it's the NBA...and they try to stir shit up all the time.

benefactor
05-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Mom is off limits...period. If Cuban would have said that to my mom I would have gone straight Wyatt Earp on him, just to see if he was man enough to take a swing after being bitch slapped.

Roxsfan
05-11-2009, 08:34 PM
He is a fucking thug...........gmafb. I don't care much for cuban, but he's right about this. Perhaps not a good idea to say what he said...........but its true

rayray2k8
05-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Why is Mark Cuban even talking?
Just shut the fuck up and take the ass whipping. :lol

redzero
05-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Look's like you're going to get a new GM, Mavs fans.

NewJerSpur
05-11-2009, 09:36 PM
Even if you do view Denver as "The Thuggets," there's no call to make an ass out of yourself because they are waxing the floor with your team....especially on Mother's Day weekend. You're better than that Cuban, even with all of your goofy/over-the-top antics....at least I'd hope you were.

cornbread
05-11-2009, 10:03 PM
What kind of classless piece of shit goes after camera men and mommas?

CubanMustGo
05-11-2009, 10:25 PM

A rich one.

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 10:35 PM
http://elbee4.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/mark-cuban.jpg http://www.chaosscenario.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/06/18/mark_cuban_2_03_2.jpg http://thesportshernia.typepad.com/blog/images/2007/09/25/mark_cuban_morphs_into_joker_1_2.jpg

Udokafan05
05-11-2009, 10:37 PM
They seem to be changing from the "thuggets". Billups was a big part of that, while getting rid of iverson was also a plus, and Carmelo actually seems like he changed for the better since the Olympics.

jag
05-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I wonder if that faggot ass lips tattoo on his neck frightens people.

No, but his massive, black, 6'9" 240 lb body does.

NewJerSpur
05-11-2009, 10:44 PM
They seem to be changing from the "thuggets". Billups was a big part of that, while getting rid of iverson was also a plus, and Carmelo actually seems like he changed for the better since the Olympics.

Martin shoving Dirk out of bounds doesn't help, but time will tell, on and off the court. I generally don't root for Denver either, but I got a lot of respect for Billups.

gaKNOW!blee
05-11-2009, 11:52 PM
So....umm, did he take care of it?

iggypop123
05-11-2009, 11:53 PM
trust me he will hire 10 people to jump cuban. book it

BRHornet45
05-11-2009, 11:55 PM
sons I am no fan of Cuban at all, but I believe him that she was stirring shit up. I sit near the opposing players bench at Hornets games and have seen her act an ass a couple of times this season. she was constantly running her mouth, jumping around, throwing her hands up in the air, and talking smack to other fans lol.... not just "friendly" shit talking either. the bitch seems crazy and just as much of a fraud that her son is. at one point security had to tell her to calm the fuck down.

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 11:59 PM
sons I am no fan of Cuban at all, but I believe him that she was stirring shit up. I sit near the opposing players bench at Hornets games and have seen her act an ass a couple of times this season. she was constantly running her mouth, jumping around, throwing her hands up in the air, and talking smack to other fans lol.... not just "friendly" shit talking either. the bitch seems crazy and just as much of a fraud that her son is. at one point security had to tell her to calm the fuck down.
I can bet..they showed her a couple of times tonight..she looked like she was rollin...but Charles just said Kenyon's wife was being harassed by Dallas fans..that's not cool.

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 12:01 AM
I can bet..they showed her a couple of times tonight..she looked like she was rollin...but Charles just said Kenyon's wife was being harassed by Dallas fans..that's not cool.

well Kidd's wife was harassed by Celtic fans back in the day(no wait that was Kidd) and I actually think Nets lost the game 3 or 4 then went on to kill Celtics, so hopefully Nuggets do that next game

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 12:19 AM
On the Mavs forums the talk is that someone dumped a beer on Kenyon's mom. I call bullshit cuz beers aren't sold after the 3rd quarter at the AAC. Dumping a Diet Coke on her is far more classy.

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 12:20 AM
that's funny :lol

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 12:20 AM
although rude and distasteful, but funny still :lol

Findog
05-12-2009, 12:21 AM
:cry :cry

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 12:22 AM
Was it after the game or during it? I have no idea I'm just now reading about it.

Either way, that's fucked up. Talk shit all you want, but don't go dumping drinks on them.

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 12:23 AM
The only family I'd want beer dumped on is JR Smith's family. But even then I'd feel bad because I know the next time they get in the car with JR they're gonna wind up in the morgue.

Findog
05-12-2009, 12:24 AM
:cry :cry :cry :cry

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 12:26 AM
5PDuqk_DSMw

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 12:30 AM
On the Mavs forums the talk is that someone dumped a beer on Kenyon's mom. I call bullshit cuz beers aren't sold after the 3rd quarter at the AAC. Dumping a Diet Coke on her is far more classy.

how is it classy to Dump a Diet Coke on someone? Sure I've had stuff dumped on me, but that is what happens at warped tour and bamboozle, heck cd's hit people. If this really happened hopefully someone Dirk or Kidd knows is in Denver and get stuff thrown on them fans are so stupid sometimes. Hope it didn't happen to anyone tonight and doesn't happen to anyone in Denver, but if it happened tonight wouldn't be pissed about it happening in Denver only classy thing to do would be throw it on cuban:whine

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 12:31 AM
TNT just confirmed that people were throwing shit at his mom/gf

all I can say is good, fuck em. I'm a bitter Mavs fan, I dont give a FUCK.

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 12:33 AM
how is it classy to Dump a Diet Coke on someone?

It might shock you to find this out but I actually don't believe it's classy to dump a diet coke on anybody. Just a joke.

5PDuqk_DSMw

peskypesky
05-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Cuban's in for a beating...lol

Jacko
05-12-2009, 12:35 AM
I really don't feel bad for Kenyon Martin or his family.

Anyone who produced that piece of shit deserves to have beer thrown at them.

Fuck him and his hideous kiss tattoo.

BRHornet45
05-12-2009, 12:36 AM
sons fuck Kenyon Martin and his "rapper" GF Trina .... Rasual Butler already hit that shit years ago anyways.

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 12:38 AM
It might shock you to find this out but I actually don't believe it's classy to dump a diet coke on anybody. Just a joke.

5PDuqk_DSMw

doesn't shock, me might shock some Dallas fans I know of though, only time I expect coke, beer or anything dumped on me is Bamboozle or warped tour, but everyone should except that with stuff flying in the air heck even band say to pick up things on throw them:lol

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 12:40 AM

have you seen Murbury's tattoo I find that a whole lot worse.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-12-2009, 12:42 AM

:lol

People who condone throwing shit at a grandma/ mama, family are lame.

I hope no one uses that same rationale to throw shit at all your guys' mothers.

dirk4mvp
05-12-2009, 12:46 AM
He took care it of alright.

LakerHater
05-13-2009, 08:10 PM
They just showed a clip on TNT when Cuban walk off & was barkin at fans then turned & talked shit to Martin's mom!!!!
All the while she was just sittin there smiling!!!

mingus
05-13-2009, 08:23 PM
Kenyone Martin is just doing what Mark Cuban wants him to do ...

Cuban knows there's really nothing Kenyon Martin can do a guy like himself .

ploto
05-13-2009, 08:45 PM
If you dish it out, you better be sure you can take it.

NugzFan
05-15-2009, 04:23 PM
TNT just confirmed that people were throwing shit at his mom/gf

all I can say is good, fuck em. I'm a bitter Mavs fan, I dont give a FUCK.

and here we have yet another classy mav fan. :rolleyes no wonder you guys have a horrible reputation now. all stars from cuban too.

compare it to denver fans who gave kidd an ovation when he got up from a tough fall in game 5.

denver fans >>>>> mav fans.

Muser
05-15-2009, 04:26 PM
This sounds like a storyline out of the WWE -_-