PDA

View Full Version : Rockets 99, Lakers 87

SpursDynasty
05-11-2009, 06:31 PM
Houston was already the favorite to win this series, but without Yao Ming their chances didn't look so good. But it's the Lakers, not the Celtics, so they're not up against a team that's unbeatable. When the Lakers don't make shots, they don't win games, plain and simple. Houston just went out and did what they were supposed to do. This Laker team isn't championship-caliber. The only thing that would make them championship caliber is a dominant Bynum. He's averaged 4.3 ppg and 2.9 rebounds..not going to get it done. Trevor Ariza is averaging 9 points in the series, again..not going to get it done. The Lakers went 65-17 in the regular season, but that's only because they made shots. I think Houston has a good chance of closing this series out in 6. They just need to continue to play physical as the Lakers are a soft team.

I think the Lakers going home after this round will give them some more rest for next season and more time to start thinking about some trades. They want to build the next great Lakers championship lineup but names like Pau Gasol, Andrew Bynum, Lamar Odom, and Trevor Ariza won't cut it. Those guys are a bunch of jumpshooters, and what happens when the shots don't fall?

I think the Rockets have a good chance against the Nuggets...both teams play physical, so it's really anyone's series next round in the WCF's between Denver and Houston. If Houston gets rid of McGrady this summer, this Houston team can accomplish a lot.

Again, good job Houston for just going out there and beating a team you were supposed to beat. The Lakers have an inflated regular season record and their weak defense is being exposed. No big surprises here, no trash talking, it's just a better team winning the series. The Lakers weren't expected to accomplish anything this postseason and they have yet to. If Houston can continue to play on this level, they will join the Spurs, Jazz, and Nuggets as the top 4 teams of the Western Conference.

Banzai
05-11-2009, 06:32 PM
Well I will agree with you that the Lakers can't play D. When they do its a 1 time moment.

LEONARD
05-11-2009, 06:36 PM
You're still doing this Tim?

BlackSwordsMan
05-11-2009, 06:37 PM
SD logs in and then leonard logs in? :rollin

DPG21920
05-11-2009, 06:39 PM
Spider man, Spider man

Red Hawk #21
05-11-2009, 06:40 PM
Hey, remember when SpursDynasty used to be ..... Funny?

sonic21
05-11-2009, 06:42 PM
SD just jinxed the rockets

Double-Up
05-11-2009, 06:46 PM
SD just jinxed the rockets

Yea its like he predicts the team that he knows is gonna lose, fool's gold.

Indazone
05-11-2009, 07:03 PM
Thanks SD but you know as well as I that the Rockets are not supposed to win anything let alone the Lakers. So there's the reverse jinx to your jinx :lol

Ghazi
05-11-2009, 07:07 PM
So one minute LA is the default champion due to Manu/KG injuries, the next minute they're underdogs against Houston, and underdogs against Denver?

At least stay consistent. Shits weak.

TampaDude
05-11-2009, 07:20 PM
The Rockets were just shooting some shots...just beating a team they were supposed to beat...no surprises there...

Ah...those SpursDynasty lines never get old...never... :hat

TwinTowers
05-11-2009, 07:46 PM
When the Lakers don't make shots, they don't win games, plain and simple.

Wow, what a smart deduction. Did you come up with that concept by yourself? are you one of those fanse ESPN NBA Analyst?:lol

TampaDude
05-11-2009, 07:48 PM
Wow, what a smart deduction. Did you come up with that concept by yourself? are you one of those fanse ESPN NBA Analyst?:lol

What he means is that the Lakers don't play defense. :lol

sook
05-11-2009, 07:55 PM
We have no hope now.

TwinTowers
05-11-2009, 08:05 PM
What he means is that the Lakers don't play defense. :lol
I know... it just sounds funny. it reminds me of Doug Collins dumbest quote ever: "Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points, they almost always win."
:lmao:lmao

scanry
05-11-2009, 08:19 PM
I want to see Leonard & SD viewing this thread at the same moment.... :lol