PDA

View Full Version : LeBroom

Xylus
05-11-2009, 09:02 PM
The name has suddenly taken on new meaning.

God help the winner of the Celtics/Magic.

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 09:03 PM
The name has suddenly taken on new meaning.

God help the winner of the Celtics/Magic.
The winner of the Celtics/Magic is about 100 times better than the Pistons or the Hawks this year.

IronMexican
05-11-2009, 09:03 PM
King James. I am a big fan of him. Keep on trucking! At least until the NBA Finals.

Xylus
05-11-2009, 09:05 PM
The winner of the Celtics/Magic is about 100 times better than the Pistons or the Hawks this year.

Disagreed. They're certainly better teams, but the Celtics struggled to beat the Bulls, and the Magic looked weak against the 76ers. They're going to beat each other up before the Cavs series starts.

ECF goes 5 games max.

IronMexican
05-11-2009, 09:07 PM
If the Cavs win the title this year, I don't see what's stopping them from winning it for the next 3 years.

DPG21920
05-11-2009, 09:08 PM
If the Cavs win the title this year, I don't see what's stopping them from winning it for the next 3 years.

Bynum.

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 09:10 PM
Players on the Cavs who are glad that they got a ring and now they want to get the hell out of Cleveland.. (Lebron)

Spursfan092120
05-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Disagreed. They're certainly better teams, but the Celtics struggled to beat the Bulls, and the Magic looked weak against the 76ers. They're going to beat each other up before the Cavs series starts.

ECF goes 5 games max.
No way the NBA allows a conference Finals to go only 5 games. They'd lose way too much money.

Armando

Wade if Riley brings Bosh or Stoudermire and another point guard.

j-money24
Big baby will drop another game winner in the ECF, book it.

BlackSwordsMan
lebron 4-peat james

IronMexican
05-11-2009, 09:12 PM
If the Cavs win a title, there is no way he'd leave Cleveland.

Xylus
05-11-2009, 09:13 PM
I've never understood why a player would want to leave a team right after winning a title, or even going to the Finals.

j-money24
05-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Lebrick will go to Toronto.

Armando
05-11-2009, 09:17 PM
If the Cavs win a title, there is no way he'd leave Cleveland.

Agreed people don't realize that LeBron has already or getting close to maxing out his earning potential. Him going to New York makes no sense because is not like he is going to make much more money in the Big Apple. First off the Cavs are far better then the Knicks hope to be the next few seasons. Plus the Cavs have his bird rights. Why will he leave a team that possibly will win a title next month and a team that can offer him the most money? Same for Wade.

IronMexican
LeBron is destined to go to Milwaukee.

Armando
Lebrick will go to Toronto.

Bet you wet yourself if he goes to LA

Xylus
05-11-2009, 09:18 PM
LeBron is destined to go to Milwaukee.

There's a team in Milwaukee?

IronMexican
05-11-2009, 09:22 PM
According to ST posters regarding all Laker fans, the next team I am going to root for are the Cavs.

Banzai
05-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Bet you wet yourself if he goes to LA

I don't see that happening.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-11-2009, 10:02 PM
According to ST posters regarding all Laker fans, the next team I am going to root for are the Cavs.

Hop on

crc21209
05-11-2009, 10:13 PM
LeBron, unlike Kobe...has a serious killer instinct this year and clearly has his eyes on the prize. I dont see anyone getting in the way of the Cavs and the ship' this yr. Even if Kobe does get there, it'll be 4-2 Cavs.

pauls931
05-11-2009, 10:14 PM
There's a team in Milwaukee?

I'll bet you one dollar there is.

Armando
05-11-2009, 10:23 PM
LeBron, unlike Kobe...has a serious killer instinct this year and clearly has his eyes on the prize. I dont see anyone getting in the way of the Cavs and the ship' this yr. Even if Kobe does get there, it'll be 4-2 Cavs.

LeBron and Jordan would not have been beaten by a Rockets team missing Yao and T-Mac. That was pathetic to be down 29 points.

ezau
05-11-2009, 10:34 PM
if the the Cavs win the title this year:

1. LA will be in for some massive retooling.
2. James has now surpassed Kobe as the NBA's poster boy

LnGrrrR
05-11-2009, 10:39 PM
I think that the winner of Orlando/Boston will take at least one game from the Cavs, and the Finals will go six.

Jacko
05-11-2009, 10:43 PM
I think you should all stop re-writing history. Championship teams have lost games in the playoffs. Championship teams have gotten blow out in the playoffs. Championship teams have lost games they should have won in the playoffs. 2000 NBA Finals. Lakers lose Game 5 by 33 points. Lakers win Game 6 and the NBA Finals. The bottom line is if you WIN nobody remembers the struggles you went through. None of it matters. It was just part of the journey.

Lakers need to re-tool regardless of what happens this season. I think they need to shed some of their finesse and mentally weak players for some real bulldogs. Get rid of Odom, Farmar, and Sasha. Resign Ariza and Brown. Make a play for Artest, if Shaq gets bought out bring him in. Yes I said it.

IronMexican
05-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Shaq gets bought out bring him in. Yes I said it.

I've wanted Shaq back on this team since he left.

05-11-2009, 10:51 PM
if shaq gets bought out, he's going to the cavs. besides, why would the lakers need shaq when they got andrew "kareem-duncan-robinson-o'neal-12milliondollars" bynum?

Jacko
05-11-2009, 11:15 PM
Bynum need someone to teach him HOW to be tough. No better teacher than Shaq IMHO.

Plus when Odom bails we're going to need some frontcourt depth. Shaq is the perfect fit to play the backup role, or even the starting role depending on how things pan out.

Cleveland Steamer
05-11-2009, 11:15 PM
You are all witnesses.

ezau
05-11-2009, 11:58 PM
If Shaq goes back, Kobe is out. Pick your poision. Get a tough, big man who is out of his prime or a self-absorbed superstar who'll blame everyone when all else fails. Honestly, this team can be the top dog right now if they just some tough and rough guys in the lineup.

21_Blessings
05-12-2009, 02:04 AM

Detroit was hands down the worst team in the playoffs. Atlanta is beat up and terrible. Neither of those teams even sniff the playoffs out west.

Regardless, it's all about matchups. Orlando plays Cleveland very well, if anything that series goes 6.

Spursfan092120
05-12-2009, 02:09 AM
You are all witnesses.
That was original :rolleyes

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2009, 02:52 AM
If Shaq gets bought out I'd become an OKC Thunder fan just because having two top five picks in the 2010 draft would be fuckin exciting.

icem
05-12-2009, 04:52 AM
orlando can match up with the cavs, but who knows if they can evev get passed boston.

scanry
05-12-2009, 07:14 AM
if the the Cavs win the title this year:

1. LA will be in for some massive retooling.
2. James has now surpassed Kobe as the NBA's poster boy

Kobe has never been the NBA's poster boy. It was all about Shaq when LA were winning championships and when he left LA, everyone blamed Kobe for being a selfish jerk.

Stern has tried hard over the years in searh of a new Jordan, but Duncan was too boring, Shaq had his moments but he couldn't put on a show. Wade had his moments too, but his injury dropped him back. LBJ hasn't disappointed yet...

Watch out for more Bron love from the press in the future...

flamingdts
05-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Detroit was hands down the worst team in the playoffs. Atlanta is beat up and terrible. Neither of those teams even sniff the playoffs out west.

Regardless, it's all about matchups. Orlando plays Cleveland very well, if anything that series goes 6.

Agreed.

Orlando raped Lebron at home in regular season, I don't see why they can't do it again.

Cavaliers cannot go up against teams with strong centers in my opinion. Besides the horribly bias first game when Rockets were at Cavs (Yao played almost nothing in the first 3 quarters, and once he was back in in the fourth the score dropped to a 7 point deficit before the refs got to work again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnsP4gY-zl0&feature=channel_page as proof), the Rockets have that Cleveland cannot handle powerful centers when rockets routed them at home.

Of course, Stern isn't going to want Cleveland to lose, so I don't see how they won't make the finals.

ElNono
05-12-2009, 08:13 AM
Cleveland is just one step above the rest in the East right now. They obviously have been very focused since the playoffs started. There's still many questions about that team however. How are they going to react to adversity (ie: being down in a series)? What happens if they give up a game or two at home? How are they going to respond when the pressure mounts?

If not for Varejao, I would wish them well. You can't dog on Lebron, he comes out to work every night.

1Parker1
05-12-2009, 08:30 AM
Lebron has single handedly revised the career of guys like Delonte West, made players like Varejoe and Gibson appear a lot better than they are, and given Mo Williams a chance to pad his stats easily with all those wide open 3 pointers he gets. :tu

pauls931
05-12-2009, 08:31 AM
If Shaq gets bought out I'd become an OKC Thunder fan just because having two top five picks in the 2010 draft would be fuckin exciting.

Don't let the door slap you on the ass on the way out...

21_Blessings
05-12-2009, 08:54 AM

Yup, pretty obvious from the get go DOK was fairweather as you get.

The_Game
05-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Agreed.

Orlando raped Lebron at home in regular season, I don't see why they can't do it again.

Cavaliers cannot go up against teams with strong centers in my opinion. Besides the horribly bias first game when Rockets were at Cavs (Yao played almost nothing in the first 3 quarters, and once he was back in in the fourth the score dropped to a 7 point deficit before the refs got to work again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnsP4gY-zl0&feature=channel_page as proof), the Rockets have that Cleveland cannot handle powerful centers when rockets routed them at home.

Of course, Stern isn't going to want Cleveland to lose, so I don't see how they won't make the finals.

the playoffs have proven you can't base everything off regular season..cavs would destroy Houston in a 7 game series for a few reasons. Unlike L.A the Cavs play great defense, better defense than Houston...they have good role players around Lebron, Houston already struggle scoring anyway that would only be worse against the Cavs.

Houston are a good team but not championship quailty.

Rumsfeld
05-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Since the Hawks have been "Lebroomed", Coah Mike Woodson can now go back to his full time gig on the Family Guy...

http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/photos/2008/06/12/392woodson_mike080308ap.jpghttp://broccolicity.files.wordpress.com/2008/08/clevelandbrowntvshow.jpg

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2009, 11:45 AM

I never said I'd stop being a Suns fan. The Suns will always be my favorite team.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2009, 11:46 AM
Yup, pretty obvious from the get go DOK was fairweather as you get.

lol look who's talking.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-12-2009, 11:49 AM
But it's OK cause once Amare and Nash leave all the fans like Pauls will vanish like a fart in the wind.

TheMACHINE
05-12-2009, 11:53 AM
Orlando vs Houston. It'll be the most watched Finals ever.

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Why are Laker fans in a thread about Cleavland when it has nothing to do with their team. It is pathetic.

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/obsession_perfume_by_calvin_klein-150-150.jpg

TheMACHINE
05-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Why are Laker fans in a thread about Cleavland when it has nothing to do with their team. It is pathetic.

http://www.productwiki.com/upload/images/obsession_perfume_by_calvin_klein-150-150.jpg

WTF are you talking about..there's like only 3-4 of us in here and we're not even saying anything negative about Cleveland.

You're just trying to find a reason to put that "Obesession" Picture. :lol

JoeTait75
05-12-2009, 12:36 PM

But that's what good teams do. They handle business against inferior opponents. Something nobody outside of Cleveland or Denver is doing with a whole lot of authority these days.

TheNextGen
05-12-2009, 12:39 PM
But that's what good teams do. They handle business against inferior opponents. Something nobody outside of Cleveland or Denver is doing with a whole lot of authority these days.

No doubt thats what good teams do. Thats why we are all waiting to see how the Cavs handle the other good teams, since they havent been doing such a good job at it.

JoeTait75
05-12-2009, 12:57 PM
No doubt thats what good teams do. Thats why we are all waiting to see how the Cavs handle the other good teams, since they havent been doing such a good job at it.

Elite teams are generally difficult to beat. That's why they're elite teams.

TheNextGen
05-12-2009, 01:01 PM
Elite teams are generally difficult to beat. That's why they're elite teams.

No doubt, but that haven't done a good job beating them. We'll just have to wait and see.