PDA

View Full Version : College Basketball > NBA

TDfan2007
03-25-2005, 07:42 PM
A lot of people are talking about how much better college basketball is than the NBA because of a lack of intensity in the NBA. And for the most part I have to agree, their are only a few teams in the NBA (Spurs being one of them) that play with passion and intensity.

What do you guys think?

johnny00
03-25-2005, 07:48 PM
I disagree. I think your statement is on the college side of the argument because of the tournament. Let's talk about intensity and talent in April when the big boys play for the big money.

Nikos
03-25-2005, 11:03 PM
NBA basketball is way more enjoyable for me to watch.

College has the whole march madness thing which makes for good drama, but NBA basketball is simply better to watch. And there is no way college has more intensity.

This is coming from someone who did enjoy college ball a lot 6-7 years ago. Right now its too watered down for me. Not enough talent anymore.

Mr. Body
03-26-2005, 01:21 AM
March Madness is a great, great event, next to none.

But I like the NBA game better. College is all about passing it around the perimeter until somebody jacks a three. There's usually little slashing. Yes, the NBA suffers from a long season with some lackluster games, but college has a huge number of games that aren't close to competitive.

timvp
03-26-2005, 02:48 AM
You'd probably see more NBA talent in a some high school games then you will watching college nowadays. If any player has had a chance to be in the first round, they wouldn't be in college. March Madness is fun to watch, but unless the NBA puts in some kind of age limit, the lack of talent has made it lose some of its luster.

SMLT
03-26-2005, 07:13 AM
And what about the game itself ? Even if college is not as good as it used to be, most teams in the NBA don't play BB but isolation pick and roll and ... that's it. Most NBA games I saw recently are, at the very best, boring. And I don't even complain about the ref that make call depending of the involved palyers (that is understandable but come on, there are some limits not to be passed...).

:depressed

I know that the NBA is a show, and a great one by the way, but what about the game ?

ZStomp
03-26-2005, 07:27 AM
I have tried to get into College Hoops and no dice. I just enjoy NBA ball better. By far.

ALVAREZ6
03-26-2005, 12:58 PM
I have tried to get into College Hoops and no dice. I just enjoy NBA ball better. By far.
Same.

NBA Basketall is better by far.

SequSpur
03-26-2005, 01:03 PM
When Rasho is on the bench, the NBA is awesome.

Slo spurs fan
03-26-2005, 01:05 PM
:rolleyes

JoeChalupa
03-26-2005, 01:07 PM
I enjoy college sports a great deal and definitley college football over the NFL. The NCAA basketball tournament is probably one of my top sporting events of the year.

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-26-2005, 03:10 PM
You'd probably see more NBA talent in a some high school games then you will watching college nowadays. If any player has had a chance to be in the first round, they wouldn't be in college. March Madness is fun to watch, but unless the NBA puts in some kind of age limit, the lack of talent has made it lose some of its luster.

I disagree with this. The NBA admits what?...35 or so rookies a year, and maybe half a dozen of them come straight out of high school, and maybe another 6-10 rookies are guys who declare early. I think there are something like 320 schools playing D-1 basketball, which equates to over 3,800 guys playing D-1.

I don't think those few guys missing from the mix each year detracts from the college game at all. In fact, I like the fact that any team can win in college basketball on any night. Plus, 95% of these kids aren't going to be making the big bucks after their college days are done - they're playing for the love of the game. The Universities and the NCAA exploit these kids for huge profits, but that's beside the point as far as the quality of the games and the effort are concerned.

I'll sit and watch a good regular season college game no matter who is playing, but I'll rarely sit and watch a regular season NBA game unless the boys in silver and black are on the court.

The playoffs are a different story, I'll watch a lot of NBA playoff games, but for the most part that is the only time of the year the members of the millionaires' club really come to play.