PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban: Apology to Kenyon Martin's Mom

Leftyventricle
05-12-2009, 02:59 AM
http://blogmaverick.com/2009/05/12/an-apology-to-kenyon-martins-mom-2/

An Apology to Kenyon Martin’s Mom
May 12th 2009 1:34AM

It started as a smart ass comment that I know that no one heard. How do I know, because there was a reporter right there next to me, as well as other people who saw the whole thing and didnt hear a word of it.

But at this point, that has become irrelevant. It doesnt matter why I said it. I shouldn’t have said anything. Now, the reality is that this has gotten out of hand.

When tempers and such start impacting the fan experience both in Dallas and Denver, and it requires special security, thats not what I want for Mavs or Nuggets fans. No one takes more abuse and gets more threats on the road than I do. So I know exactly how it feels. I’ve also had my family and friends spit on at games in this series. So I know how unpleasant that is as well. It’s a dirty secret that all arenas need to do a better job of protection for visiting team fans, particularly during the playoffs.

So at this point I would like to apologize to you and your mom KMart for my comment. I should have not said anything and I was wrong. Hopefully you will accept the apology and we can move on.

When the series comes back to Dallas, your family, and the family of other Nuggets players are welcome to stay in my suite, with my family. Its amazing how tempers mellow when real people talk to each other and realize that its still just a game.

If that isn’t acceptable, I’m happy to provide a suite, free of charge to them as well and place whatever security is needed to make them feel comfortable.

We tried to have enough additional security for them tonight as well, but I know your family and friends didn’t feel as comfortable as they should. I apologize for that as well. This arena is my responsibility, we could and should do a better job.

So if we can put this behind us, I will make sure when the series comes back to Dallas, your family and friends, and that of your teammates are very comfortable at our Arena.

Then I hope we both take the advice of your coach and can get together this summer. Dinner for you and your family is on me.

BRHornet45
05-12-2009, 03:04 AM
already posted ... Cuban cuckolded up.

monoslyab1k
05-12-2009, 03:30 AM
5PDuqk_DSMw

Josh810
05-12-2009, 03:40 AM
It’s a dirty secret that all arenas need to do a better job of protection for visiting team fans, particularly during the playoffs.Is it just me or is this totally the wrong usage of "dirty secret"? Wtf?

crc21209
05-12-2009, 03:53 AM
[QUOTE=When the series comes back to Dallas, your family, and the family of other Nuggets players are welcome to stay in my suite, with my family. Its amazing how tempers mellow when real people talk to each other and realize that its still just a game.[/QUOTE]

:lol this series isnt going back to Dallas! :lmao

NBA Junkie
05-12-2009, 05:30 AM

Cuban knows this. Otherwise, he doesn't pretend to be so generous.

Bob Lanier
05-12-2009, 06:04 AM
After she accepts his apology, Cuban should parade around with a gigantic set of lip prints on his neck.

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 09:21 AM
I like how the "apology" starts out by claiming how bad Denver fans are to try an buy sympathy to why Cuban did what he did.

TampaDude
05-12-2009, 09:30 AM

Exactly! :lol

Dex
05-12-2009, 09:43 AM
When the series comes back to Dallas, your family, and the family of other Nuggets players are welcome to stay in my suite, with my family.

What a douchebag.

I'm all about having confidence in your team, but this seems like a poor choice of time for a smug comment like that. Dallas is on life support and still needs to avoid a beatdown in Denver, and all Cuban is doing with stunts like this is throwing fuel on the wrong fire.

:tu on the apology.

:tu on offering a place to stay.

:td on still finding a way to be Mark Cuban.

Mixability
05-12-2009, 09:54 AM
I'm guessing this apology was made after they won, right?

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 10:04 AM
5PDuqk_DSMw

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Look at the time the post was made...He was drunk.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 10:26 AM
I think it finally sunk in that Mark had insulted the mama of a guy from Dallas who knows people that might be happy to put a bullet into someone for him.

Indazone
05-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Ahh well, not like Mark had a choice. He had to come out and apologize. If he didn't he'd have been the biggest A-hole in the Big D.

JamStone
05-12-2009, 10:59 AM
The only way that apology would have been less sincere, is if it started with a "It-it-it-it" to mock K-Mart's stuttering problem.

jmanu20
05-12-2009, 11:01 AM
Ahh well, not like Mark had a choice. He had to come out and apologize. If he didn't he'd have been the biggest A-hole in the Big D.

Apology or no apology, I have plenty of friends who are Mavs fans who think he's a complete A-hole.

Morg1411
05-12-2009, 11:15 AM
What a douchebag.

I'm all about having confidence in your team, but this seems like a poor choice of time for a smug comment like that. Dallas is on life support and still needs to avoid a beatdown in Denver, and all Cuban is doing with stunts like this is throwing fuel on the wrong fire.

:tu on the apology.

:tu on offering a place to stay.

:td on still finding a way to be Mark Cuban.

:lmao

rayray2k8
05-12-2009, 11:41 AM
He should called Martin on the phone the following day or at least apologized to them before
last nights game.
Not post a blog about and say "oh yeah, sorry for being an ass".
The series is over in 5.
Mavs should have rolled over and died in game 4. Would have saved them the pain and
travel.
It's gonna get ugly in Denver.

LakeShow
05-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Cuban is so out of touch that he finally realizes that he made a mistake in confronting a known Thugs mother. That's a death senctence to anyone who has had dealings with a thug. A beatdown is the only way out of insulting someones mother. He'd better pray that Martin forgives him.

FromWayDowntown
05-12-2009, 11:45 AM
An equivocal blog post isn't much of an apology.

By the way, has anyone figured out who Kenyon Martin was yelling at after Game 4?