PDA

View Full Version : Melo should be suspended

JK2
05-12-2009, 08:14 AM
:wow

stretch
05-12-2009, 08:15 AM
he actually did hit wright in the face, but it was only with like 2 or 3 fingers. i doubt he gets suspended though. if he does, cool. if he doesnt, no big deal. i dont really care a whole lot either way.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-12-2009, 08:25 AM
:jack

pauls931
05-12-2009, 08:33 AM
No way, I would think the league is nuts wright had his arm locked and neither player was backing down.

Killakobe81
05-12-2009, 08:34 AM
May not matter becuz series is essentially over BUT ...he should be suspended. The 2nd camera angle TNT showed ...it was a "swing" it was more a slap swinf than a punch ...but he swung with intent to hit.
The thing that got me is they made a HUGE deal of whether Kobe, Artest or Rondo should be suspended and NO ONE made a big deal of this on TNT or BSPN ...
I know Melo is a superstar and know the sentiment of Van Gundy, Charles etc. i sthe league is suspension happy but if you watch teh various camera shots he DESERVES it ...but we will see ...

pauls931
05-12-2009, 08:36 AM
May not matter becuz series is essentially over BUT ...he should be suspended. The 2nd camera angle TNT showed ...it was a "swing" it was more a slap swinf than a punch ...but he swung with intent to hit.
The thing that got me is they made a HUGE deal of whether Kobe, Artest or Rondo should be suspended and NO ONE made a big deal of this on TNT or BSPN ...
I know Melo is a superstar and know the sentiment of Van Gundy, Charles etc. i sthe league is suspension happy but if you watch teh various camera shots he DESERVES it ...but we will see ...

keep on dreaming, denver is going to have at least one more game's rest than LA.

Rogue
05-12-2009, 08:37 AM
Melo and Wright both should get suspended for the rest 3 games of this series.

JK2
05-12-2009, 08:38 AM
No way, I would think the league is nuts wright had his arm locked and neither player was backing down.Wright didn't try to slap or punch Melo's face. Melo did. Worth a 1 game suspension imo but there won't be a suspension.

Killakobe81
05-12-2009, 08:52 AM
keep on dreaming, denver is going to have at least one more game's rest than LA.
paul's 931 dont presume to know why I post ..unlike many I could care less about what this means for my "team" ...fair is fair. I was an administrative justice major in college and I just want to see things ruled fairly.
For example I think Stern though he interpreted the rules stirctly he had in place unfairly punished the Suns for what horry did to nash. Im not presuming the Suns would of won series anyway ...because Spurs are extremely clutch ...BUT it was not fair ...even in the law there is judicial review Stern chose to not to exercise it.
Melo swung at wright plain and simple i could care less about rest for the Lakers in fact ...rest cost us Game 1 vs the Rox and to be honest we have bigger problems ...so shut your pie hole and enjoy the early off season for your team ..losers!!! LMAO 14 rings byatch!! JK

But seriously why would you assume i want rest by my statement?
I just responded to a post froma Mavs fan and you have 2 admit Mavs have gotten screwed by refs just like the suns by Stern and I am far from a Mavs fan just want what is fair. i would prefer yao was healthy this series i do not wish to win "cheap" if we can find a way to win a title i would prefer no excuses for anyone's fan base ..so hope KG comes back as well

stretch
05-12-2009, 08:53 AM
if you punch yourself in the face, can you get suspended?

pauls931
05-12-2009, 08:59 AM
paul's 931 dont presume to know why I post ..unlike many I could care less about what this means for my "team" I was an administrative justice major in college and I just want to see things ruled fairly.
For example I thin Stern though he interpreted the rules stirctly unfairly punished the Suns for wht horry did to nash. Im not presuming the Suns would of won series anyway ...because Spurs are extremely clutch ...BUT it was not fair ...even in the law there is judicial review Stern chose to not to exercise it.
Melo swung at wright plain and simple i could care less about rest ...rest cost us Game 1 vs the Rox and to be honest we have bigger problems ...so shut your pie hole and enjoy the early offense ..loser!!! JK !$ rings byatch JK

But seriously why would you assume i want rest by my statement i just responded to a post froma Mavs fan and you have o admit Mavs have gotten screwed by refs just like the suns by Stern and I am far from a Mavs fan just wants what is fair. i would prefer yao was healthy this series i do not wish to win "cheap" if we can find a way to win a title i would prefer no excuses for anyone's fan base

Suns broke the rules, I reluctantly accept it, step off bench, you're gone. If stern back off on that one everyone from the past would bitch about the times they had players ejected for leaving the bench.

This time the league is exercising some common sense, wright knows that sacrificing himself to take out melo would give his team a huge advantage. Go back and watch karl malone, if the league called every swung elbow/hand that made contact he would have only played 13 games a season. It's clear that the mavericks are trying to play physical, so let them play.

dude1394
05-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Well the league does owe AWright one with the botched "non-call".

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 09:01 AM
Dirk should be suspended for throwing something with force into the crowd.:blah

dougp
05-12-2009, 09:12 AM

The Mavs already redeemed that gift certificate - it was the phantom call on Dirk last night.

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 09:18 AM

yeah, that's what I was going to say. Hey how about the NBA suspendeds both Melo and Dirk that would be great to see:lol

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 09:19 AM

they did that last night buddy boy:toast

Rogue
05-12-2009, 09:23 AM
yeah, that's what I was going to say. Hey how about the NBA suspendeds both Melo and Dirk that would be great to see:lol
no hija, suspender Melo y Antonie Wright.

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 09:51 AM
no hija, suspender Melo y Antonie Wright.

Dirk threw something that was on the court, it could have hit a fan he should be suspended as well,:lol

but no need to worry no one is getting suspended:toast

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 09:55 AM
5PDuqk_DSMw

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 09:58 AM
If Carmelo is suspended, then so is Josh Howard for making contact to the head during a flagrant foul, as is Dirk for throwing an object into the stands. Too bad Mavfan constantly needs someone else's help in order for his team to win a playoff game.

u2sarajevo
05-12-2009, 09:59 AM
Dirk threw it to the sidelines, not in the stands. It was something a fan threw on the court, so Dirk cleared it off.

koriwhat
05-12-2009, 10:00 AM
wait a minute... are we talking about the same play where wright acted a bitch and totally tried to sell that elbow in the face? that was some pussy shit that i have ever seen before. that whole dallas squad are wannabe actors.

what pisses me off the most is dirks push off's and pops where he ends up drawing a foul but still draining 2. he initiates the contact 100% and yet the opponent always gets stiffed by the refs.

i don't know if the refs are just dumb or what but you can totally see past the bad acting, or good acting because the refs buy it, by the mavs.

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 10:00 AM
seriously, has anybody ever whined & cried over a game his team wasn't involved in more than OV is whining & crying about last night's Mavs victory? It's like he just learned last night that the refs are terrible.

u2sarajevo
05-12-2009, 10:01 AM
i don't know if the refs are just dumb or what but you can totally see past the bad acting, or good acting because the refs bye it, by the mavs.So you are saying that the refs tell the "acting" goodbye then? I'm confused.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 10:04 AM
seriously, has anybody ever whined & cried over a game his team wasn't involved in more than OV is whining & crying about last night's Mavs victory? It's like he just learned last night that the refs are terrible.

Yeah, look at all the threads I've been starting. Wow, what a shame that someone would shit all over this forum. It's almost as though I'm posting the same thing over and over and over, like a video or something.

Findog
05-12-2009, 10:07 AM
:cry :cry :cry

If I were an alien visitor to this planet, I would think the Mavs were the four-time champs and the Spurs were the trophy-less franchise, based on the behavior of the respective fanbases. I've never seen such Pavlovian responses. It's like a trigger:

http://www.laurenec.com/DallasMavericks.jpg

http://www.midwestsportsfans.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/mark_cuban.jpg

sribb43
05-12-2009, 10:09 AM
F' it....just play game 5 with both the Nuggets and Mavs D-League affiliates

monosylab1k
Yeah, look at all the threads I've been starting. Wow, what a shame that someone would shit all over this forum. It's almost as though I'm posting the same thing over and over and over, like a video or something.

Name all the other Spurs fans who have bitched as much as you about this game? Most of them acknowledged that the refs suck and moved on. You've got a very unhealthy obsession with the Mavericks.

monosylab1k
5PDuqk_DSMw

koriwhat
05-12-2009, 10:11 AM
So you are saying that the refs tell the "acting" goodbye then? I'm confused.

no i'm just saying the mavs are a bunch of pussies who are bad actors! i don't think i have ever seen a mav game where they haven't tried to buy the refs off with their shit acting instead of just playing the fuckin' game.

dude1394

Actually I think you are pretty close to correct. I didn't see what was thrown on the floor but when the dirkster tossed it into the crowd it hit some lady right on the noggin. It must have been kinda solid also because it traveled pretty far.

monosylab1k
If I ever start ranting and bitching and posting nonstop about how much I hated a call made in the Boston-Orlando series, somebody find me and kill me.

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 10:13 AM
If I were an alien visitor to this planet, I would think the Mavs were the four-time champs and the Spurs were the trophy-less franchise, based on the behavior of the respective fanbases. I've never seen such Pavlovian responses.

Amazing how deep their bitterness is. What's funny is that after getting curbstomped in Game 5, I'm going to root for the Nuggets to beat the Lakers. And should Carmelo get a phantom call to win a game, I damn sure won't spend all night + the following morning crying about it.

sribb43
05-12-2009, 10:13 AM
Actually I think you are pretty close to correct. I didn't see what was thrown on the floor but when the dirkster tossed it into the crowd it hit some lady right on the noggin. It must have been kinda solid also because it traveled pretty far.

kinda looked like ice?

Findog
05-12-2009, 10:18 AM

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 10:20 AM
Name all the other Spurs fans who have bitched as much as you about this game? Most of them acknowledged that the refs suck and moved on. You've got a very unhealthy obsession with the Mavericks.

"Unhealthy obsession" = posting a response to Mavfan who wants someone suspended for the other team but not for his own.

Got it. Thanks for the tip. Nice that instead of celebrating your team's victory you're in here policing the NBA forum. You're the king, Kelso.

Findog
05-12-2009, 10:21 AM

monosylab1k
:cry "Unhealthy obsession" = posting a response to Mavfan :cry who wants someone suspended for the other team :cry but not for his own. :cry
Got it. :cry Thanks for the tip. :cry Nice that instead of celebrating :cry your team's victory you're in here policing the NBA forum. :cry You're the king, Kelso.:cry :cry :cry

Findog
Amazing how deep their bitterness is. What's funny is that after getting curbstomped in Game 5, I'm going to root for the Nuggets to beat the Lakers. And should Carmelo get a phantom call to win a game, I damn sure won't spend all night + the following morning crying about it.

I would've rooted for San Antonio against Denver. These people amaze me.

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 10:22 AM
5PDuqk_DSMw

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I would've rooted for San Antonio against Denver. These people amaze me.

That sir makes you weak sauce.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 10:30 AM
That sir makes you weak sauce.

Findog and Mono don't want to listen to that when they're busy jerking each other off.

5PDuqk_DSMw

:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

u4lakers14
05-12-2009, 10:32 AM
actually, if wright was acting, it was an awesome show.

check out the 1:14 mark of this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWKOYyjJAXM#t=0m27s

charlton heston couldnt have made his cheek do that.

dirk4mvp
05-12-2009, 10:33 AM
:cry :cry :cry :cry

monosylab1k
:cryFindog and:cry Mono:cry don't :crywant :cryto listen:cry to that :crywhen they're :cry:crybusy :cry:cry:cry:cryjerking :cry:cryeach:cry other:cryoff.

:cry:cry:cry

koriwhat
fuck the mavs!

monosylab1k
05-12-2009, 10:34 AM
5PDuqk_DSMw

koriwhat
05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
actually, if wright was acting, it was an awesome show.

check out the 1:14 mark of this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWKOYyjJAXM#t=0m27s

charlton heston couldnt have made his cheek do that.

ok, that's not even the play i was speaking about. i must've missed that play trying to look for this game on justin.tv

hmm.. what qtr was that in?

dude1394
05-12-2009, 10:35 AM
Yeah...melo definitely got him in the face. Now what do the nba refs actually mean when they put this on their site?

PUNCHING, FIGHTING AND ELBOW FOULS - http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_k.html?nav=ArticleList

"Violent acts of any nature on the court will not be tolerated. Players involved in altercations will be ejected, fined and/or suspended.

Officials have been instructed to eject a player who throws a punch, whether or not it connects, or an elbow which makes contact above shoulder level. If elbow contact is shoulder level or below, it shall be left to the discretion of the official as to whether the player is ejected. Even if a punch or an elbow goes undetected by the officials during the game, but is detected during a review of a videotape, that player will be penalized.

There is absolutely no justification for fighting in an NBA game. The fact that you may feel provoked by another player is not an acceptable excuse. If a player takes it upon himself to retaliate, he can expect to be subject to appropriate penalties."

Well that's really the problem isn't it, who in the world knows.

u4lakers14
05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
hmm.. what qtr was that in?

lol, it was one of the quarters in the 4th game.

are there different rules for each quarter?

koriwhat
05-12-2009, 10:37 AM
that was in the 4th right? i missed that i remember that! just glanced back in order to see the little troll barrea trying to subdue melo.

koriwhat
05-12-2009, 10:38 AM
lol, it was one of the quarters in the 4th game.

are there different rules for each quarter?

no, i was just wondering what qtr it happened in is all... smart ass.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 10:40 AM
It happened in the first minute of the second quarter.

u4lakers14
05-12-2009, 10:44 AM
smart ass

even though you cant watch film for shit, you get credit for being half right.

Dex
05-12-2009, 10:46 AM
lol inevitability

koriwhat
05-12-2009, 10:51 AM
It happened in the first minute of the second quarter.

oh. there was another scuffle i remember with wright where he was tangled up with melo and kept trying to put his face into melo's forearm/armpit/elbow and when melo got called for the foul you could see the disgust on both melo's and billup's face over the call. that's the play i thought you all were discussing.

koriwhat
05-12-2009, 10:53 AM
even though you cant watch film for shit, you get credit for being half right.

nah it just means i don't give a fuck about the mavs enough to remember their games. they just don't appeal to me. the reason i am even semi-watching this series is because i take great joy in watching them fags from dallas lose and cry over it too.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 10:57 AM
oh. there was another scuffle i remember with wright where he was tangled up with melo and kept trying to put his face into melo's forearm/armpit/elbow and when melo got called for the foul you could see the disgust on both melo's and billup's face over the call. that's the play i thought you all were discussing.

Oh yeah, where he flopped back and fell to the floor. Before they went to commercial the replay showed Billups looking down at him in disgust. :lol

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Get outta, its over for you bums hahaha

koriwhat
05-12-2009, 01:00 PM
If the Mavs would punch the Thuggets in the mouth one good time, the Thuggets would fold.

doubtful! the mavs are the biggest pussies of the nba. you know this and i know this. dirk & jett are great examples.