PDA

View Full Version : Worst officiated post season in recent history?

ElNono
05-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Just picking up what was said in another thread, and I think it needed it's own.
I don't think this has to do with any team specifically. I think every team has been on both ends of terrible calls.
Considering all the flagrant, T's, suspensions, and damn inconsistency overall (you just don't know anymore what's a foul or isn't), is this the worst officiated post season in recent times?

I think so.

triple t's
05-12-2009, 08:22 AM
sometimes when you go out of your way to fix a game, there's a lot of things that won't seem to make sense ...

Killakobe81
05-12-2009, 08:40 AM
I would say not worst not that many eggregious calls but just a complete lack of consistency for example Josh Howard got called for a bump on Melo late in the game last night (around the 30 second mark) where he made less contact than Antoine wright in Game 3 but that was a foul but when the Mavs TRY TO FOUL they don't gt the call they have been consistently inconsistent.

flamingdts
05-12-2009, 09:06 AM
Somewhere along the lines of Lakers being 10-1 with Joey Crawford reffing and 9-8 when he isn't.

One can easily find badly officiated games as long as it involves Stern's darlings. That includes Cleveland and LA.

1Parker1
05-12-2009, 11:07 AM
Not bad officiating, but definitely very, very inconsistent. From the flagarant penalties to the lack of missed calls at the end of the game or at important points in the game.

ElNono
05-12-2009, 11:20 AM
Inconsistent officiating *IS* bad officiating, IMHO. The other issue I noticed, is that officials adjust their whistles within the game multiple times. They start letting players play. Some hard foul and it's tight. Then at the end they're scared of making a call that could potentially decide a game. If you're a player, how do you deal with that?

poop
05-12-2009, 11:52 AM
the worst since 2006*. the no-calls on Rondo, the baseless ejections of artest, and most recently the screwing of the nuggets by the refs; in this last game we saw a return to 2006*, in which the refs decided to give Dirk freethrows every single time he touched the ball in the last 6 minutes of the game regardless of if anyone touched him or not.

haha mavs fans hate d-wade, but Dirk is the true D-WHISTLE. at least wade is a small guy driving hard to the rim, dirk is a 7-foot jumpshooter who recieves more phantom calls, late whistles, and ticky-tack nothing fouls than anyone ive ever seen in nba history.

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 12:08 PM
2006 was the worst year of course. Again, we're talking about a world championship directly changing hands due to the whistles. How often does that happen?! They say the best team always wins a 7 game series, it was not so in the 2006 Finals.

Diiiiiiiiiiiiirk

baseline bum
05-12-2009, 12:11 PM
Doesn't compare at all to 2006.

Spursfan092120
05-12-2009, 12:13 PM
2006 was the worst year of course. Again, we're talking about a world championship directly changing hands due to the whistles.
Please get over yourself Ghazi...seriously...

dirk4mvp
05-12-2009, 12:13 PM
It's pretty terrible. Dallas should be 2-2 right now.

baseline bum
05-12-2009, 12:16 PM
2006 was the worst year of course. Again, we're talking about a world championship directly changing hands due to the whistles. How often does that happen?! They say the best team always wins a 7 game series, it was not so in the 2006 Finals.

Diiiiiiiiiiiiirk

Or the second round; 5 rings, faggot

poop
05-12-2009, 01:20 PM
2006*.....for everyone.

after pouring over the stats and trends it is clear that both the spurs and the Mavs (and arguably detroit as well) were the victims of the most biased, agenda-based officiating possibly in NBA history.

jmanu20
05-12-2009, 01:32 PM
the worst since 2006*. the no-calls on Rondo, the baseless ejections of artest, and most recently the screwing of the nuggets by the refs; in this last game we saw a return to 2006*, in which the refs decided to give Dirk freethrows every single time he touched the ball in the last 6 minutes of the game regardless of if anyone touched him or not.

haha mavs fans hate d-wade, but Dirk is the true D-WHISTLE. at least wade is a small guy driving hard to the rim, dirk is a 7-foot jumpshooter who recieves more phantom calls, late whistles, and ticky-tack nothing fouls than anyone ive ever seen in nba history.

Have to agree with you here.....there is NO WAY that was a foul on K-Mart near the end of the game....it was good defense.

Amaso
05-12-2009, 03:36 PM
2006 was reffed pretty terribly, but the Mavs somehow prevailed to win it all.