PDA

View Full Version : How bad were the refs in the Dallas/Spurs 2006 series

InRareForm
05-12-2009, 12:14 PM
I remember it was bad. Dirk getting countless free throws. Bowen making a critical block where it got called a shooting foul.

Can someone give me a game to game breakdown. Were there any games where the Spurs got the favored calls?

dirk4mvp
05-12-2009, 12:15 PM
:cry :cry :cry

Spursfan092120
05-12-2009, 12:27 PM
:cry :cry :cry
Now dirk..Mavs haven't lost yet..no need to cry.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Duncan fouled out in the pivotal seconds of a game by making Dirk step on Duncan's foot, flail his arms and the call was made by Joey Crawford who was on the complete opposite side of the court, nowhere near under the basket where the alleged foul took place. Basically he saw the flail.

That's why its funny that Dirk will never win a title. Pussies always finish last.

z0sa
05-12-2009, 12:43 PM
They cost the spurs the series, just to be frank.

we can all be "normal" and put all the blame on the spurs, but that's just not what happened.

poop
05-12-2009, 01:11 PM
yes this is why i put an * by 2006*. the league's agenda included avoiding what seemed like an inevitable spurs-pistons rematch. several series were tampered with (including the Finals mavs fans, before you whine) heres some points about the spurs/mavs series.

scenario for Game 3: series tied a 1-1 going back to dallas. league apparently sees an opportunity give Mavs a 'nudge' (to help eliminate spurs thus avoiding spurs-pistons finals rematch)

outcome of Game 3: after FT attempts being about the 1st 2 games, Dallas shoots 50 FT. the spurs shoot only 32. dallas's 50 attempts is the high for any team in the playoffs that year including miami. Dirk averages 9.3 FT a game for the '06 playoffs; in this game he is awarded 24 freethrows. he shoots only 3-9 from the field, but it doesnt matter because he is bailed out with freethrows virtually everytime he touches the ball. Tim Duncan fouls out of the game (only playoff game hes ever fouled out of i believe, ever) after the notorious call in which Dirk steps on tim's ankle. with Duncan fouled out, most others in foul trouble, Dirk having a non-existant game from the field but was bailed out by being awarded a playoff-high of 24 FT, dallas wins. by ONE POINT. dallas goes up 2-1.

Dirk gets 15 more FT in game 4 as dallas wins again to go up 3-1. Never in NBA history has a perimeter jumpshooter shot more freethrows in a series. noone has ever recieved more phantom calls or gifts than Dirk in that series. Duncan shot many FT too, but he is a low post scorer, the calls on him were legit in fact there could have been even more called, while with Dirk these were calls out on the perimeter after hes simply jump shooting over guys 6 inches shorter, including the best perimeter defender in the nba in Bowen. even if there was no contact at all, the whistle would blow and dirk would get 2 free points. time after time.
the series ended with dirk driving for a 2 when they were down by 3, then getting bailed out by a ticky-tack foul (yet again) on Manu allowing dirk to get another free point to tie the game. on the last play of the game, Duncan gets the ball right under the basket and is hacked as he goes up, but there of course is no call for him.

i can go on and on.

StoneBuddha
05-12-2009, 01:21 PM
yes this is why i put an * by 2006*. the league's agenda included avoiding what seemed like an inevitable spurs-pistons rematch. several series were tampered with (including the Finals mavs fans, before you whine) heres some points about the spurs/mavs series.

scenario for Game 3: series tied a 1-1 going back to dallas. league apparently sees an opportunity give Mavs a 'nudge' (to help eliminate spurs thus avoiding spurs-pistons finals rematch)

outcome of Game 3: after FT attempts being about the 1st 2 games, Dallas shoots 50 FT. the spurs shoot only 32. dallas's 50 attempts is the high for any team in the playoffs that year including miami. Dirk averages 9.3 FT a game for the '06 playoffs; in this game he is awarded 24 freethrows. he shoots only 3-9 from the field, but it doesnt matter because he is bailed out with freethrows virtually everytime he touches the ball. Tim Duncan fouls out of the game (only playoff game hes ever fouled out of i believe, ever) after the notorious call in which Dirk steps on tim's ankle. with Duncan fouled out, most others in foul trouble, Dirk having a non-existant game from the field but was bailed out by being awarded a playoff-high of 24 FT, dallas wins. by ONE POINT. dallas goes up 2-1.

Dirk gets 15 more FT in game 4 as dallas wins again to go up 3-1. Never in NBA history has a perimeter jumpshooter shot more freethrows in a series. noone has ever recieved more phantom calls or gifts than Dirk in that series. Duncan shot many FT too, but he is a low post scorer, the calls on him were legit in fact there could have been even more called, while with Dirk these were calls out on the perimeter after hes simply jump shooting over guys 6 inches shorter, including the best perimeter defender in the nba in Bowen. even if there was no contact at all, the whistle would blow and dirk would get 2 free points. time after time.
the series ended with dirk driving for a 2 when they were down by 3, then getting bailed out by a ticky-tack foul (yet again) on Manu allowing dirk to get another free point to tie the game. on the last play of the game, Duncan gets the ball right under the basket and is hacked as he goes up, but there of course is no call for him.

i can go on and on.

Yes, all this is why 2006 is 10 times worse than 2004 and the 0.4.

That and the fact that a very beatable Miami was waiting in the finals.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-12-2009, 01:32 PM
I can say for certain that it wasn't the only PO game that Duncan fouled out of. During the 05 first round series against the Nuggets (possibly game three in a similar 1-1 scenario) there was a game that was called insanely close. It was absolutely painful to watch because it was just a damn free throw fest. I remember it simply because of Tim huddling up the troops before he headed to the bench, including a somewhat dejected looking Manu whom he grabbed by the jersey to pull him in.

Anyways, that was three years ago. Shit happens.

Spooky
05-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Great, now i'm pissed again. :drunk All those examples are right on. I still feel that Manu did'nt foul Dirk from behind it was all ball. I'm pretty sure it was very near the end of game 7. Some Mav fan has a pic of manu fouling dirk but that is not the play I am thinkin of. Although the plethora of horrible calls against us through out that series make it hard to remember exactly.

samikeyp
05-12-2009, 01:48 PM
I can say for certain that it wasn't the only PO game that Duncan fouled out of. During the 05 first round series against the Nuggets (possibly game three in a similar 1-1 scenario) there was a game that was called insanely close. It was absolutely painful to watch because it was just a damn free throw fest. I remember it simply because of Tim huddling up the troops before he headed to the bench, including a somewhat dejected looking Manu whom he grabbed by the jersey to pull him in.

I remember that. Didn't the Spurs pull that game out?

baseline bum
05-12-2009, 01:51 PM
The 06 Finals were perfect; it was hilarious seeing Dallas get a dose of their own medicine. Live by the whistle, die by the whistle.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-12-2009, 01:53 PM
I remember that. Didn't the Spurs pull that game out?

I'm pretty sure of it. I might be talking out my ass, but I think it was an OT game and damn near everyone was in foul trouble. Ginobili and Parker just kept attacking the rim and fouled Carmelo out of the game not long after Duncan picked up his sixth. Nuggets didn't have a go to scorer after that.

SA210
05-12-2009, 01:58 PM
They cost the spurs the series, just to be frank.

samikeyp
05-12-2009, 02:02 PM
The 06 Finals were perfect; it was hilarious seeing Dallas get a dose of their own medicine. Live by the whistle, die by the whistle.

I found it odd that during that series alot of the Mavs fans here were blasting Spurs fans for blaming the refs, then two weeks later those same fans were complaining about the refs in the Finals. Much like this post-season.

I asked then why it was ok for Mavs fans to drop the refs card but not Spurs fans. To this day I have not received an answer.

Curious.

Strike
05-12-2009, 02:12 PM
I found it odd that during that series alot of the Mavs fans here were blasting Spurs fans for blaming the refs, then two weeks later those same fans were complaining about the refs in the Finals. Much like this post-season.

I asked then why it was ok for Mavs fans to drop the refs card but not Spurs fans. To this day I have not received an answer.

Curious.

You never will.

By the way, the '06 series was THREE YEARS AGO!!!! Please move on, fellow Spurs fans.

samikeyp
05-12-2009, 02:16 PM
You never will.

By the way, the '06 series was THREE YEARS AGO!!!! Please move on, fellow Spurs fans.

I agree with that and most of us have. I was just noticing the parallels in history between the two years.

poop
05-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Yes, all this is why 2006 is 10 times worse than 2004 and the 0.4.

That and the fact that a very beatable Miami was waiting in the finals.

exactly, i have no problem admiting the spurs lost in '04 because they mostly played like crap especially after the .04 debacle.

and in '08 we lost because we were simply too old and worn out.

in '09 we lost because of piss poor roster/rotation choices, and because we were even older.

but in '06, we had a damn good team and played very well, and were 100% robbed of a 3-peat due to biased, agenda-based officiating, period.

Strike
05-12-2009, 02:20 PM
I agree with that and most of us have. I was just noticing the parallels in history between the two years.

Fair enough. :wakeup

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 03:24 PM
The Spurs fouled a lot in 2006 because they had only one shot blocker due to the small lineups trotted onto the floor by Popovich. History has shown the wisdom of putting Michael Finley on a great player, and Fin was the power forward for much of that series. The foul where Duncan fouled out MIGHT have been a bad call, but Duncan wouldn't have had five fouls by that point if Rasho or Nazr had been in there to help patrol the paint.

poop
05-12-2009, 05:44 PM
why are you defending the mavericks? whats the excuse for yesterday, when Dirk got countless phantom calls even with plenty of big denver defenders? anyways your arguement would be valid if dirk was a slasher, and the little spurs therefore had to foul because they couldnt contest, but the fact that dirk was just shooting jumpshots renders your arguement invalid. having small defenders on a 7-foot jumpshooter doesnt somehow justify Dirk getting tons of calls.

Gino
05-12-2009, 06:23 PM
Yes,

I remember Dallas was able to win a game from the free the line on some iffy calls.

Horse
05-12-2009, 08:13 PM
Outside of 2001 when la just stemrolled everyone you could argue the refs had a huge part in any season the Spurs did'nt win it all. 2002 the refs swallow their whistle as phil jackson bitches about officials and orders his team to rape Tony. 04 we all know about 04, 06 this dallas series, 08 the no-call on fisher who knows what happens with another chance. And I believe even though we could'nt get far with no Manu the refs fucked us again against the mavs just look at game 1 Timmy with 1 FTA on 24 FGA.

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
Mavs won it all in 2006.

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 08:19 PM
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

timvp
05-12-2009, 08:27 PM
Both teams played hard.

Hooks
05-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Duncan fouled out in the pivotal seconds of a game by making Dirk step on Duncan's foot, flail his arms and the call was made by Joey Crawford who was on the complete opposite side of the court, nowhere near under the basket where the alleged foul took place. Basically he saw the flail.

That's why its funny that Dirk will never win a title. Pussies always finish last.

I remember that foul, didn't Dirk hurt something on that play? He tripped by himself and flew into Duncan.

LOL @ the Mavs fans who can only use emoticons, cause they know it's true :p:.

I can't really recall the Mavs ever coming back to win the game without the help of free throws and no I'm not joking.

Also last night did anyone else notice those late ass whistles? It's like the refs gave the ball a chance to see if it would go in and then finally blew the whistle. An example was when Martin "fouled" Dirk, there wasn't a whistle blown until the ball had finally gone past the rim.

Oh and a question, is how many other players that ever played in the NBA got as many foul calls shooting jump shots like Dirk does?

rayray2k8
05-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Didn't the spurs make up for it in 2007?....
Oh I bet that still hurts like a bitch, huh Mav fan? :cry
:lmao

FromWayDowntown
05-12-2009, 09:03 PM

That was Game 4 of the Denver series in 2005. It was truly a Bavetta special -- 73 personal fouls and 91 free throw attempts. Spurs won 126-115 in overtime to go up 3-1.

For whatever it's worth, Duncan has fouled out of 4 playoff games in his career, and the Spurs are 2-2 in those games. He fouled out of Game 5 at Utah in 1998 (L), Game 3 at LA in 1999 (W), Game 4 at Denver in 2005 (W), and Game 3 at Dallas in 2006 (L).

Sean Cagney
05-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Charles and them after a game (Forget which one) said NBA REFS suck, if that doesn't tell you how bad that game or they were that series then I don't know what to tell ya. Mavs fans think this was even but the finals were bad and the reason they lost, talk about blinders on and being a homer. Refs were horrible, but Spurs should have won at home anyways so I can bytch all I want about the refs but the fact is they got down 21 at home in game 7 so thats their own damn fault.

Walton Buys Off Me
05-12-2009, 10:25 PM
Refereeing in that series was hideous. So was Pop's decision to guard Devin Harris with Nick Van Exel on several occasions.

But many NBA games are rigged. The Finals that year were completely rigged in Miami's favor. Stern didn't want Spurs-Pistons 2 but he wasn't about to let Mark Cuban taste champagne.

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 10:39 PM
You see I don't think that is the case. The Mavs were up 13 in game 3 with like 6 minutes to go. It certainly was not the refs bad defense in the clutch that gave the Heat a scoring run.

yes it was

Manudona
05-12-2009, 11:21 PM
I remember one play that for me tells it all.

After the mavs scored, all rushed but Duncan and Manu. Duncan passes the ball to Manu who walks up the court, near the 3 point line he fakes a shot but in mid air turns and passes the ball to Duncan, who for some reason had stopped or coming very slowly, surprising Manu as he thought he was close, but he was in the act of passing, and if he landed with the ball it would have been a traveling violation, so he releases the ball an rushes to cover it to allow Duncan time to reach it first. Now, while Manu was covering the ball from like a meter behind, they call a ridiculous traveling violation, as Manu and Duncan complain they are forced to review it, finally calling a jump. Now, the play by itself was nothing, but it showed how the officials were ready to whistle anything against the Spurs, anything....

SA210
05-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Outside of 2001 when la just stemrolled everyone you could argue the refs had a huge part in any season the Spurs did'nt win it all. 2002 the refs swallow their whistle as phil jackson bitches about officials and orders his team to rape Tony. 04 we all know about 04, 06 this dallas series, 08 the no-call on fisher who knows what happens with another chance. And I believe even though we could'nt get far with no Manu the refs fucked us again against the mavs just look at game 1 Timmy with 1 FTA on 24 FGA.

:toast

:bang

Blackjack
05-13-2009, 01:22 AM
How bad were the refs in the Dallas/Spurs 2006 series?

Am I the only one who was expecting a Rodney Dangerfield punchline?

TheChillFactor
05-13-2009, 09:42 AM
on top of all that they treated devin harris like the biggest princess in the league...if he drove the lane and anyone looked at him they blew the whistle. i've never seen a young scrub off the bench get so many whistles in my entire life. the free throw contests in that series were ridiculous. oh well the mavs got theirs in the finals and in 2007.

in a way though it's hard to hold a grudge when we have 4 larry o'briens and they have none. it's like getting mad at a retarded kid because he stole your ice cream cone or something. yeah, it sucks but come on the kid is still retarded for chrissake.

JoseJuanJesusBarea
05-13-2009, 10:38 AM
So... the refs cheated you out of a title in 06 because the league did not want another boring Spurs small market title.. yet SA won it again the next year and did it by sweeping Micheal Jordan II? Yeah that makes sense.

Dallas could be 2-80 and those 2 wins would probably be against the Spurs. The team is built to beat the Spurs and that's why the last two times they have met in the playoffs the Mavs have won. That's also why they have a difficult time now beating everyone else.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2009, 10:44 AM
why are you defending the mavericks?
I'm a huge fan of the Mavericks. Didn't you know? :lol

whats the excuse for yesterday, when Dirk got countless phantom calls even with plenty of big denver defenders?

How about you take a stab at counting them. If there were so many, you shouldn't have any problem coming up with them. I counted one, which was right at the end of the game. The Nuggets turned into a jump shooting team and lost. They won the first two games by playing inside. The only reason they were close enough to steal game three is because they kept getting offensive rebounds off the jumpers they bricked.

anyways your arguement would be valid if dirk was a slasher, and the little spurs therefore had to foul because they couldnt contest, but the fact that dirk was just shooting jumpshots renders your arguement invalid. having small defenders on a 7-foot jumpshooter doesnt somehow justify Dirk getting tons of calls.

So you obviously didn't watch the series in 2006. Dirk was extremely aggressive to the basket, as he was during his MVP season the following year. And Michael Finley is going to foul because he can't contest, at least when he is within reach of the guy he's supposed to be covering. Much of the time it was Duncan or Horry who had to foul him because Fin was three steps behind Dirk watching him go to the rim. The Spurs spent a ton of time reaching in because their guys got past them. Stackhouse, Harris, Howard and Dirk had a free run to the rim most of the series, and either Duncan or Horry were usually in foul trouble by that time because there was nobody to help on the inside thanks to Pop's rotation. Once the Mavericks had momentum, I'm not sure how any basketball fan doesn't understand that they're going to be getting the calls at that point. At one point Duncan actually tried to draw a charge from Dirk on a fast break and then wondered why the call didn't go his way.

Some of you fucking pansies should just become Maverick fans so you can blame the officials whenever your fucking team doesn't win. Christ almighty.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2009, 10:46 AM
The team is built to beat the Spurs and that's why the last two times they have met in the playoffs the Mavs have won.
Myth. Popovich, Nazr, Rasho, Manu, Finley. There's five better reasons that the Mavs won both series.

poop
05-13-2009, 11:46 AM
I remember that foul, didn't Dirk hurt something on that play? He tripped by himself and flew into Duncan.

LOL @ the Mavs fans who can only use emoticons, cause they know it's true :p:.

I can't really recall the Mavs ever coming back to win the game without the help of free throws and no I'm not joking.

Also last night did anyone else notice those late ass whistles? It's like the refs gave the ball a chance to see if it would go in and then finally blew the whistle. An example was when Martin "fouled" Dirk, there wasn't a whistle blown until the ball had finally gone past the rim.

Oh and a question, is how many other players that ever played in the NBA got as many foul calls shooting jump shots like Dirk does?

EXACTLY.

Spurs 2006 Champs.

poop
05-13-2009, 11:54 AM
I'm a huge fan of the Mavericks. Didn't you know? :lol

How about you take a stab at counting them. If there were so many, you shouldn't have any problem coming up with them. I counted one, which was right at the end of the game. The Nuggets turned into a jump shooting team and lost. They won the first two games by playing inside. The only reason they were close enough to steal game three is because they kept getting offensive rebounds off the jumpers they bricked.

So you obviously didn't watch the series in 2006. Dirk was extremely aggressive to the basket, as he was during his MVP season the following year. And Michael Finley is going to foul because he can't contest, at least when he is within reach of the guy he's supposed to be covering. Much of the time it was Duncan or Horry who had to foul him because Fin was three steps behind Dirk watching him go to the rim. The Spurs spent a ton of time reaching in because their guys got past them. Stackhouse, Harris, Howard and Dirk had a free run to the rim most of the series, and either Duncan or Horry were usually in foul trouble by that time because there was nobody to help on the inside thanks to Pop's rotation. Once the Mavericks had momentum, I'm not sure how any basketball fan doesn't understand that they're going to be getting the calls at that point. At one point Duncan actually tried to draw a charge from Dirk on a fast break and then wondered why the call didn't go his way.

Some of you fucking pansies should just become Maverick fans so you can blame the officials whenever your fucking team doesn't win. Christ almighty.

bullshit, im not just blaming them for every loss, i already said we lost in '04, '08, and '09 because of combinations of either our own shitty play, piss poor roster/rotation choices, and being too old and worn out. however in '06 im not afraid to admit that we were completely screwed by officiating. not just us, check out games 5-6 of the Finals dallas got screwed too as much as i hate to admit it. there was a game or 2 where detroit got screwed as well. in 2006* the league tampered with the outcomes of certain games, period.

and i dont care what dirk was doing, he may have been attempting his ackward drives to the rim but hes too fucking goofy and tall to do it effectively, and the 'fouls' he drew were still almost all Bullshit, for example during his 'drive' to the rim when he simply stepped on duncan's foot and recieved a call. to foul out TIM DUNCAN no less. pretty much everyone agrees-including both spurs fans AND mavs fans- that 2006* was a fucking travesty.

z0sa
05-13-2009, 12:02 PM

You're no better of a fan than any of us.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2009, 12:27 PM
You're no better of a fan than any of us.

Didn't say I was better, but blaming officials for a series that went to overtime in the seventh game after your coach benches both starting centers for a 63 win team is the epitome of stupidity.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2009, 12:29 PM
bullshit, im not just blaming them for every loss, i already said we lost in '04, '08, and '09 because of combinations of either our own shitty play, piss poor roster/rotation choices, and being too old and worn out. however in '06 im not afraid to admit that we were completely screwed by officiating. not just us, check out games 5-6 of the Finals dallas got screwed too as much as i hate to admit it. there was a game or 2 where detroit got screwed as well. in 2006* the league tampered with the outcomes of certain games, period.

and i dont care what dirk was doing, he may have been attempting his ackward drives to the rim but hes too fucking goofy and tall to do it effectively, and the 'fouls' he drew were still almost all Bullshit, for example during his 'drive' to the rim when he simply stepped on duncan's foot and recieved a call. to foul out TIM DUNCAN no less. pretty much everyone agrees-including both spurs fans AND mavs fans- that 2006* was a fucking travesty.

Blah blah blah, and then whining about the same one call. That's not the difference in the series. Not having a shot blocker other than Duncan was.

LEONARD
05-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Funny thread

Strike
05-13-2009, 01:01 PM
on top of all that they treated devin harris like the biggest princess in the league...if he drove the lane and anyone looked at him they blew the whistle. i've never seen a young scrub off the bench get so many whistles in my entire life. the free throw contests in that series were ridiculous. oh well the mavs got theirs in the finals and in 2007.

in a way though it's hard to hold a grudge when we have 4 larry o'briens and they have none. it's like getting mad at a retarded kid because he stole your ice cream cone or something. yeah, it sucks but come on the kid is still retarded for chrissake.

:lmao

Sig worthy.

1Parker1
05-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Ehh, whatever happened back then happened. I'm sure there were years or times when the Spurs got the benefit of the call.

Although, one thing I do find interesting now is looking back on that 06 foul by Manu on Dirk that got them the extra point and OT...given how the NBA playoffs have been called thus far THIS year...that call appears ticky-tack at best. Refs have swallowed the whistles in the closing seconds/minutes of this postseason a lot more. I know refereeing will always be inconsistent, but calls like whether or not an official should make at the end of a game should be consistent.

manufan10
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Blah blah blah, and then whining about the same one call. That's not the difference in the series. Not having a shot blocker other than Duncan was.

That's so true.. having Tim Duncan foul out of the game isn't that big of a deal. :rolleyes

u2sarajevo
05-13-2009, 01:24 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of whiny babies. Are y'all serious?

And let me get this out of the way for you so you don't have to type:

4 rings, f'er
4 > 0
hang your Conference championship banner

I'd post a picture of an empty trophy case but I'm too lazy to look for one.

edit: I almost forgot - Hows the parade planning coming along, f'er?

poop
05-13-2009, 02:12 PM
what happened to you guys in the Finals with DWADE, happened to us in that series with Dirk.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2009, 03:16 PM
That's so true.. having Tim Duncan foul out of the game isn't that big of a deal. :rolleyes

Duncan wouldn't have had five fouls at that point if Rasho or Nazr had been playing their minutes. I'm really not sure how you fucking retards can't understand that.

samikeyp
05-13-2009, 03:23 PM
You guys sound like a bunch of whiny babies. Are y'all serious?

And let me get this out of the way for you so you don't have to type:

4 rings, f'er
4 > 0
hang your Conference championship banner

I'd post a picture of an empty trophy case but I'm too lazy to look for one.

edit: I almost forgot - Hows the parade planning coming along, f'er?

They sound just as whiny as the Mavs fans who were blasting Spurs fans for blaming the refs, then two weeks later those same fans were complaining about the refs in the Finals and still do.

leemajors
05-13-2009, 03:40 PM
they were as consistently inconsistent as they are in this current mavs series.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2009, 03:51 PM
they were as consistently inconsistent as they are in this current mavs series.

I'll agree with that. The NBA has been messing with officials and tinkering with rules more and more since about 2001 and the officiating, unfortunately, has suffered as a result.

LEONARD
05-13-2009, 03:59 PM
what happened to you guys in the Finals with DWADE, happened to us in that series with Dirk.

You're right...

Dwade beat the Mavs.

Dirk beat the Spurs.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Funny how an aggressive superstar who takes advantage of a team's inability to defend him gets calls. It's not like that's the only time in Dirk's career that he got to the line a lot, nor was the Finals the only time Wade got to the line a lot.

ShoogarBear
05-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I have no recollection of this series.

Cry Havoc
05-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Funny how an aggressive superstar who takes advantage of a team's inability to defend him gets calls. It's not like that's the only time in Dirk's career that he got to the line a lot, nor was the Finals the only time Wade got to the line a lot.

24 free throws on 9 shot attempts. Next.

Obstructed_View
05-14-2009, 12:08 AM
24 free throws on 9 shot attempts. Next.

You foul a guy in the act of shooting and his shot attempt doesn't count. Next.