PDA

View Full Version : TMac hurts knee

picnroll
03-25-2005, 08:30 PM
in the Rockets - Hornets game. Don't know how bad but he went to the locker room. This season is going to be last man standing.

picnroll
03-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Strained right hip. Questionable if he returns tonight but not serious.

Rummpd
03-25-2005, 09:49 PM
They just said on radio it was back!!!

Gerryatrics
03-25-2005, 09:54 PM
Well, it looked to me like he was holding his hip when he went down. They said sprained hip too. I guess he could have wretched his back when his leg went out too. On the replay you can clearly see his leg doing something funky when he tried to plant it.

exstatic
03-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Probably a hip flexor. They said he was jogging in the locker room, but I'll bet you he feels it tommorrow.

sa_butta
03-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Probably a hip flexor. They said he was jogging in the locker room, but I'll bet you he feels it tommorrow.
I dont think it is that serious he will probably play on Sunday.
Man would I love for us to whip on H-town.

exstatic
03-26-2005, 12:00 AM
Oh, he'll play, but he'll still feel it.

totalspurshomer
03-26-2005, 01:55 AM
Some outtakes from the following link:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/3103301

McGrady injury not serious
Rockets relieved after winning without star
By JONATHAN FEIGEN
Copyright 2005 Houston Chronicle
NEW ORLEANS - The thoughts, visions of terrible possibilities, could not have been worse or prevented.

The news, however, could not have been better.

Tracy McGrady had been facedown on the court, slapping the floor in pain. The Rockets' shooting was nearly as damaged. The Hornets, young and athletic with a frontcourt of fliers, seemed in position to pounce.

A few hours later, while the Rockets toughed out an 81-68 win Friday night over the Hornets, the MRI on McGrady's right hip showed no more damage than a strain, and he was considered no worse than questionable to play Sunday in San Antonio.

In the third minute of the game, McGrady came across the lane defensively and ran into one of Yao's massive legs, hopping for a moment before crumpling to the court.

McGrady did not move, even when Vin Baker and Dikembe Mutombo carried him off, McGrady never touching a toe to the court.

The initial report, however, listed McGrady as questionable to return. McGrady even began preparing to return to the game, when the decision was made to instead send him for an MRI to be sure there were no tears or other damage beyond the strain.

"Nothing torn, nothing new, just calling it a hip strain," Rockets trainer Keith Jones said after getting the MRI report. "The MRI was basically for what we were looking at negative. We'll see (Saturday) night how much soreness he has, what his range of motion is."

Actually, when I saw the video on FSN, Yao stepped on McGrady's foot as McGrady was running into the lane. His forward momentum stopped immediately as his knee straightened abrubtly. It looked as though his knee and hip got jammed, but I guess his hip took the worst of it. Looked really painful, though.