PDA

View Full Version : These Mavs make me more proud than the 2006 championship team

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 03:08 PM
You know, I just wanna say that regardless of how this season pans out I am proud of the guys in blue this year. A team that gives over 90 starts to the likes of James Singleton, JJ Barea, Gerald Green, Antoine mutha fucking Wright, has no business being one of the 7 remaining teams, and yet our boys in blue are one of the seven remaining teams.

The guys in blue heart and mental toughness have been on display multiple times this year:

1. 2-7 start, 0-4 @ AAC our guys in blue could've thrown in the towel. Hell, they were down 9 in the 4th to the Knicks, which would've made them 2-8 and on a 6 game losing streak. But the guys in blue came back to win that game, for they never quit.

2. Mid January, 4 game losing streak drops the guys in blue to 9th place, including embarassing losses to the Suns/Kings and gutwrenching losses to the Thuggets and Hornets. But the guys in blue quit not.

3. After a road trip featuring a 35 point loss to the Bucks and a 24 point loss to the Celtics, the guys in blue didn't throw in the towel. winning their next 4 games with 3 against playoff teams. Seemigly having found some cohesion during this stretch with J-Ho seemingly having found his love of the game.

4. Looking like an 8th/9th place team for a bulk of the year, the guys in blue never quit and earned a 6th seed.

5. The guys in blue made a many 4th quarter comebacks against lottery teams this year. Their talents put them in the hole, but their heart brought them out of it.

And then we have the 1st game of the 1st round of the playoffs, in which the guys in blue, having lost 6 straight road playoff games, found themselves down 13 to the Spurs. But they didn't panic, they won that game and proceeded to win the series.

And finally, last night we saw the perseverance of these guys against the Nuggets. Coming off a bullshit heartbreaking loss and in an impossible situation, the guys in blue found themselves down 14. Punched in the mouth by a barrage of bullshit 3 pointers, the guys in blue could've said "hey, we're down 3-0, no need for a flight back to Denver, let's just throw in the towel and get some rest."

But the guys in blue didn't say that, they tried to win the game, and did win the game. Down 14 in 2nd quarter? No problem. JR Smith hitting bullshit shots? They didnt quit. Bullshit flagrants and technicals? They didnt quit.

And so, regardless of how the season ends, I am proud of the guys in blue. In spite of their talent gaps, they show the heart of champions. Why? Because they are fucking champions. 2006 NBA Champions.

And so, this edition of the men in blue makes me prouder than any other edition. The 2003 edition that should've won a title if not for a Dirk injury, the 2006 edition that did win a title, the 2007 edition that should've won a title if not for bullshit shots and a bad matchup, the 2001 edition that came back down 0-2 against the Jazz.

GOOO Mavs!

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-12-2009, 03:09 PM
are you serious? ahahhaha

u4lakers14
05-12-2009, 03:16 PM
NICE WRITEUP.

but you use the phrase "guys in blue" to the point of making it sound all gay and faggy. (15 freakin times man, 15 freakin times!!!)

(p.s. if you are gay or faggy, then my apoligies)

mavs>spurs2
05-12-2009, 03:20 PM
I actually agree with all of this. They did at least show heart last night. This thing should be tied up right now.

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 03:20 PM
They just announced on ESPN Radio here in Dallas that they're going to have a "avoiding the sweep" parade on Saturday. Steve Javie is the guest of honor.

BandWagon Cavs Fan
05-12-2009, 03:22 PM
They just announced on ESPN Radio here in Dallas that they're going to have a "avoiding the sweep" parade on Saturday. Steve Javie is the guest of honor.

haha son i never seen fans get so excited after one playoff game with the streamers and everything

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 03:25 PM
the 2006 edition that did win a title

Can Mav fans give this shit up already, Heat WON that year, DIRK cryed like a baby and MAVS don't have a banner hangging in the arena. To win something you have to have a banner proving it. MAVS don't end of story DIRK and the Mavs just couldn't get it done:toast:toast

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Bitch SHUT THE FUCK up.

lol Nets

Obstructed_View
05-12-2009, 03:27 PM
Can Mav fans give this shit up already, Heat WON that year, DIRK cryed like a baby and MAVS don't have a banner hangging in the arena. To win something you have to have a banner proving it. MAVS don't end of story DIRK and the Mavs just couldn't get it done:toast:toast

Actually, the Mavs do have a banner - a western conference championship banner. They wouldn't put it up during the first home game IIRC.

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 03:27 PM
haha son i never seen fans get so excited after one playoff game with the streamers and everything

I saw a Nets game in like 1997 or whatever, when Nets made it to the finals and had streamers and stuff come down this was like after 20 years of sucking so can't blame them for that, but when you make the playoffs as many years in a row as the Mavs have I don't think there should be streamers till the last game if you win the round

Blake
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
You know, I just wanna say that regardless of how this season pans out I am proud of the guys in blue this year. A team that gives over 90 starts to the likes of James Singleton, JJ Barea, Gerald Green, Antoine mutha fucking Wright, has no business being one of the 7 remaining teams, and yet our boys in blue are one of the seven remaining teams.

The guys in blue heart and mental toughness have been on display multiple times this year:

1. 2-7 start, 0-4 @ AAC our guys in blue could've thrown in the towel. Hell, they were down 9 in the 4th to the Knicks, which would've made them 2-8 and on a 6 game losing streak. But the guys in blue came back to win that game, for they never quit.

2. Mid January, 4 game losing streak drops the guys in blue to 9th place, including embarassing losses to the Suns/Kings and gutwrenching losses to the Thuggets and Hornets. But the guys in blue quit not.

3. After a road trip featuring a 35 point loss to the Bucks and a 24 point loss to the Celtics, the guys in blue didn't throw in the towel. winning their next 4 games with 3 against playoff teams. Seemigly having found some cohesion during this stretch with J-Ho seemingly having found his love of the game.

4. Looking like an 8th/9th place team for a bulk of the year, the guys in blue never quit and earned a 6th seed.

5. The guys in blue made a many 4th quarter comebacks against lottery teams this year. Their talents put them in the hole, but their heart brought them out of it.

And then we have the 1st game of the 1st round of the playoffs, in which the guys in blue, having lost 6 straight road playoff games, found themselves down 13 to the Spurs. But they didn't panic, they won that game and proceeded to win the series.

And finally, last night we saw the perseverance of these guys against the Nuggets. Coming off a bullshit heartbreaking loss and in an impossible situation, the guys in blue found themselves down 14. Punched in the mouth by a barrage of bullshit 3 pointers, the guys in blue could've said "hey, we're down 3-0, no need for a flight back to Denver, let's just throw in the towel and get some rest."

But the guys in blue didn't say that, they tried to win the game, and did win the game. Down 14 in 2nd quarter? No problem. JR Smith hitting bullshit shots? They didnt quit. Bullshit flagrants and technicals? They didnt quit.

And so, regardless of how the season ends, I am proud of the guys in blue. In spite of their talent gaps, they show the heart of champions. Why? Because they are fucking champions. 2006 NBA Champions.

And so, this edition of the men in blue makes me prouder than any other edition. The 2003 edition that should've won a title if not for a Dirk injury, the 2006 edition that did win a title, the 2007 edition that should've won a title if not for bullshit shots and a bad matchup, the 2001 edition that came back down 0-2 against the Jazz.

GOOO Mavs!

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/Dirk3.jpg

"why are my fans so gay"

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 03:28 PM
Actually, the Mavs do have a banner - a western conference championship banner. They wouldn't put it up during the first home game IIRC.

I mean a banner for the finals lol

Findog
05-12-2009, 03:29 PM
:cry :cry :cry

http://www.225.ca/ivan/nov03/crybaby.jpg

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 03:29 PM

yup this is what the mavs will be doing tomorrow

mavs>spurs2
05-12-2009, 03:31 PM
yup this is what the mavs will be doing tomorrow

Do you ever shut the fuck up? Who's troll are you?

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 03:33 PM
Do you ever shut the fuck up? Who's troll are you?

I don't shut up, I'll make a deal with you when Mav fans admit they didn't win the finals I'll shut up, ok?

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 03:33 PM
The record books may say Miami won but I know in my heart the Mavs were champs that year.

If the Heat were true champions why did they go 44-42 the year after. Why havent' they won a series in the playoffs since? Don't champions have swagger? Does a team whose played sub .500 ball in the 3 years since its title sound like a team that has swagger to you? Not to me, cause they don't have swagger, and never had swagger.

mavs>spurs2
05-12-2009, 03:34 PM
I don't shut up, I'll make a deal with you when Mav fans admit they didn't win the finals I'll shut up, ok?

What does a female Nets fan and Devin Harris knobslobber have against the Mavs? You should be thanking us

Blake
05-12-2009, 03:35 PM
The record books may say Miami won but I know in my heart the Mavs were champs that year.

why are mavs fans so gay?

mavs>spurs2
05-12-2009, 03:37 PM
Oh hi it's Blake. You were no where to be found for weeks after the Mavs spanked that ass, now you conveniently come back when we're down 3-1? What a faggot

Ben Wallace > Hakeem LOL

Findog
05-12-2009, 03:37 PM

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 03:38 PM

If the Heat were true champions why did they go 44-42 the year after. Why havent' they won a series in the playoffs since? Don't champions have swagger? Does a team whose played sub .500 ball in the 3 years since its title sound like a team that has swagger to you? Not to me, cause they don't have swagger, and never had swagger.

They had shaq that year, Shaq was actually good that year and they also had Mourning as well, don't get me wrong I hated the Heat that year, I wanted Dallas to win and was pissed till mav fans wouldn't shut up after 4 year about winning a fake ring. If it is in the record books Miami won then they won, not Dallas not everything is fair

Findog

Findog

Blake
05-12-2009, 03:40 PM
Oh hi it's Blake. You were no where to be found for weeks after the Mavs spanked that ass, now you conveniently come back when we're down 3-1? What a faggot

Ben Wallace > Hakeem LOL

eh. I wasn't really talking shit before the series started because both teams suck.

why are mavs fans so gay?

mavs > spurs LOL

Basketballgirl25
What does a female Nets fan and Devin Harris knobslobber have against the Mavs? You should be thanking us

I don't have anything against the Mav players, heck I'd root for them, but Mark Cuban is owner and I hate the man more then anything in the world so I can't root for him till he drops dead. I use to be the biggest Steve Nash hater, you can ask anybody who he left the Mavs I loved him

Blake

pretty gay

jack sommerset
05-12-2009, 03:41 PM
Ghazi, You sound like a Spew fan. I am saying this in KINDNESS. Don't be fucking GAY! More to life than writting about how proud you are of a NBA team, let alone on a NBA team fan site thats not even the teams website you are soooooooooo proud of.

mavs>spurs2
05-12-2009, 03:43 PM
Ghazi, You sound like a Spew fan. I am saying this in KINDNESS. Don't be fucking GAY! More to life than writting about how proud you are of a NBA team, let alone on a NBA team fan site thats not even the teams website you are soooooooooo proud of.

Did you just call him out for posting on a messageboard by posting on a messageboard?

Blake
05-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Did you just call him out for posting on a messageboard by posting on a messageboard?

:lol

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 03:45 PM
I'm proud of our boys. It's like witnessing a wonderful story. These Mavs remind me of Rudy. Not the most talented bunch, but laden with heart. Giving it their all, making the most of their limited talents. Don't tell me Dirk don't have heart. JJ Barea has no business being in the league, but is due to his heart. J-Ho played on 2 bad ankles and gave 21/11 in a game that was meaningless probably. bass has heart. Singleton, heart. Kidd heart. JET heart.

I LOVE HEART BABY.

DPG21920
05-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I LOVE MONKEY-HEART BABY.

1Parker1
05-12-2009, 03:47 PM
:lol Got love MavFan. So delusional, they still think of themselves as the 06 champs even though their trophy case says otherwise.

Findog

jack sommerset

I'm asking him not to be GAY! You guys want to act like fags go right ahead. Enjoy. Proud of a team down 3-1 in the second round and comparing it to the 2006 season is DESPERATLY gay.

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 03:48 PM
this team had heart as well
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/z%20NBA%20Magazine/Slam%20Magazine/kerrykittles_slam.jpg

hopefully Kenyon learned from Kidd and can help Denver win

Blake
05-12-2009, 03:57 PM
gay

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Nuggets aren't that good. This series should be 2-2. And who knows how game 1 turns out if the Mavs don't get a ref that they're 0-15 against in the playoffs when Dirk doesn't DOUBLE his scoring average?

:smokin

to21
05-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Shit, I thought this was gonna be a "I'll never post here again" thread.

:pctoss

Blake
05-12-2009, 04:01 PM
These Mavs make me more gay than the 2006 championship team

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 04:02 PM
Nobody finds this 0-15 stat when Dirk scores 49 points or less and Crawford is officiating ridiculous? Nobody? NOBODY?! People talk about the game 3 call, will SOMEONE bring up game 1 when Dirk only shot 4 free throws and the Nugs had a 36-13 advantage?!

2006 champions.

ambchang
05-12-2009, 04:02 PM
This guy is trying so hard to be the Mavs version of SpursDynasty.

Blake
05-12-2009, 04:04 PM
Nobody wants to be gay with us? Nobody? NOBODY?!

2006 gay champions.

stretch
05-12-2009, 04:05 PM
I will say, I'm quite proud of this team. Most proud of them I've been since the year they got to the finals, and they are a pretty gutsy team, especially when compared to before. I think they have suprized us all quite a few times this season, especially with all the issues they have dealt with this year.

Brickhouse
05-12-2009, 04:07 PM
Erika Dampier says hi.

Findog
05-12-2009, 04:20 PM

Ghazi
05-12-2009, 04:23 PM
Im giving the guys in blue a 5.4% chance of winning this series

30% Game 5, 60% game 6, 30% Game 7. .3*.6*.3 = .054

But since we have heart I'll bump it to 10%.

GO Mavs

Blake
05-12-2009, 04:26 PM
more gay

G-Nob
05-12-2009, 04:31 PM
He's gotta hurry up and get em in. There's only one more day left in their season.

:toast

jbspurs
05-12-2009, 05:32 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/8/6405666_e46d38f59b.jpg?v=0 for cry babies

Mavs 2006 NBA CHAMPIONS for cry babies mav fans

crc21209
05-12-2009, 05:41 PM

GOOO Mavs!

:lol Even your thread title is an epic FAIL. 2006 Champions? You mean the Miami Heat! :lol. Fucking get over it already!

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 07:01 PM
Nuggets aren't that good. This series should be 2-2. And who knows how game 1 turns out if the Mavs don't get a ref that they're 0-15 against in the playoffs when Dirk doesn't DOUBLE his scoring average?

you say Nuggets aren't that good right? The if about the ref in game 1 doesn't matter that is in the past over done with so that's one game Denver won. Yes you are right the series could be 2-2, it still could be 3-1 Denver is the better team:toast

Rogue
05-12-2009, 10:57 PM
you say Nuggets aren't that good right? The if about the ref in game 1 doesn't matter that is in the past over done with so that's one game Denver won. Yes you are right the series could be 2-2, it still could be 3-1 Denver is the better team:toast
carajo tu, you are just a retarded piece of bitching sack with a broken vagina and an ugly smell, which makes you almost the lowest-paid bitch in the whole world. Denver is just a scrub team painted with flakes of gold, but it still isn't enough to disguize the entity of this team, which is just a piece of shit.

Rogue
05-12-2009, 11:04 PM
Estoy un idiota

usted es derecho.

Basketballgirl25
05-13-2009, 06:18 AM
usted es derecho.

it's called english:toast