PDA

View Full Version : Screw The Celtics

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
god I hate this team, I hope they beat the Magic just so they can get their asses kicked by the Cavs, at least Magic would give Cavs a series, even though Celtics won you can see they miss KG

balli
05-12-2009, 09:39 PM
+1, big time

monoslyab1k
05-12-2009, 09:41 PM
5PDuqk_DSMw

TheProfessor
One of the more easily despicable teams in recent history.

LnGrrrR
:cry

TheProfessor
05-12-2009, 09:43 PM
:cry
:lol Nothing personal.

Cry Havoc
05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Cavs will sweep either of these teams.

iggypop123
05-12-2009, 09:44 PM
they dont deserve to win. id rather see the cavs and their taunting asses get to the finals

LnGrrrR
05-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Honestly, I can see why you guys hate KG. I can even see why you might not like Pierce, even if the faces he makes are no different than say... Tim Duncan. Sure, hate on Eddie House because he yells alot when he makes a shot.

But other than that, what's the reason for the hatred? Sure, Big Baby is chunky. What, did he steal your last slice of cake or something? Did Ray Allen piss you off by playing a guy named Jesus? How about Scalabrine? Do you hate him just because he looks like and is a rather unathletic stereotypical Irish-looking guy?

I mean, I hate when the Lakers win, but I don't hate the team unless I'm playing them. The only teams I hate are the Colts because of Manning, and the Yankees because they're the Yankees.

Unless you're a Lakers fan, I don't see how you get so much venom up for the Celtics.

"A team that refuses to quit! Playing without their best defender, trying to defend their title! What a bunch of assholes!" :lol

pauls931
05-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Fuck Orlando I say, I thought watching pho this year would be the end of watching frustrating bball. Fuck Boston too, but it's not their fault Orlando can't run an offense.

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 09:46 PM
Cavs will sweep either of these teams.

true, but I still think Magic can and would put up a better fight vs the Cavs, you can tell all through the playoffs Celtic miss KG

off topic it looked like fans were going to cry those last seconds of the game:lol

Basketballgirl25
05-12-2009, 09:50 PM
Honestly, I can see why you guys hate KG. I can even see why you might not like Pierce, even if the faces he makes are no different than say... Tim Duncan. Sure, hate on Eddie House because he yells alot when he makes a shot.

But other than that, what's the reason for the hatred? Sure, Big Baby is chunky. What, did he steal your last slice of cake or something? Did Ray Allen piss you off by playing a guy named Jesus? How about Scalabrine? Do you hate him just because he looks like and is a rather unathletic stereotypical Irish-looking guy?

I mean, I hate when the Lakers win, but I don't hate the team unless I'm playing them. The only teams I hate are the Colts because of Manning, and the Yankees because they're the Yankees.

Unless you're a Lakers fan, I don't see how you get so much venom up for the Celtics.

"A team that refuses to quit! Playing without their best defender, trying to defend their title! What a bunch of assholes!" :lol

nice about Big Baby being chunky.

I hate Boston because I'm from NJ so mostly like New York teams and you know new yorkers seem to hate boston and since the Nets play Celtics in the playoffs in 2002 I've hated them, so nothing new with that

Armando
05-12-2009, 09:52 PM
looks like we are heading towards a Celtics/LeBron showdown. It will be great if the Cavs close them out in Boston. Fitting end

TheProfessor
05-12-2009, 09:53 PM

You forgot Rondo's punk-ass tactics. Big Baby got his name for a reason, he's petulant child. Perkins was voted, by the league's players I believe, as the guy who overrates himself the most. And you've already mentioned KG, Pierce, and House. Spurs' fans will hate Allen because he bitches about Bowen, but I've got no problem with him, he does good work off the court. And yeah, who cares about Scalabrine :lol

Armando
05-12-2009, 09:53 PM

Just one of those franchises that bring out the hate in fans. Of course with KG is easy to hate them. They are as despised as Lakers and Spurs.

LnGrrrR
05-12-2009, 09:56 PM
nice about Big Baby being chunky.

I hate Boston because I'm from NJ so mostly like New York teams and you know new yorkers seem to hate boston and since the Nets play Celtics in the playoffs in 2002 I've hated them, so nothing new with that

Alright, I can accept that. I'm no fan of the Knicks either... I fucking hated Kidd during the early 00's. :toast

And damn it, change your favorite team! That way it makes more sense if you hate on the C's. :D

balli
05-12-2009, 09:59 PM

I mean, I hate when the Lakers win, but I don't hatefo, fo, fo the team unless I'm playing them. The only teams I hate are the Colts because of Manning, and the Yankees because they're the Yankees.

I like Allen. I used to like KG a lot, don't anymore, but I don't hate him like everyone else does.

The rest of the team; I can't even definitively say why, I just hate them. I didn't really like them at all before these playoffs, but I was really pulling for Chicago... and I think coming out of that series my dislike just turned into vehement hatred.

Perkins thinks he's tough and better than he is- he's just a dickhead looking dude.

Davis annoys the shit out of me, always has going back to LSU- his fat, pussy nickname, mohawk wearing ass has no business hitting game winners, none.

Rondo- rollerskates and fouls like a bitch.

Marbury is batshit insane... and he's an asshole. And he doesn't deserve to play on a good team.

Can't say why I dislike Pierce, but I've never liked him. Maybe you're onto something with his facial expressions. Tuck your chin in, Pierce.

House- it goes without saying.

I dislike Tommy Heinsohn so much that I think it's spilled over to the point that I wouldn't like any good Celtics team, just because I don't want Heinsohn to enjoy life.

Mikki Moore is cool, but he's not good at this level.

Scal wouldn't normally be worth dislike, but that's why it's especially aggravating to see him step up in the playoffs for an unlikable team.

Tony Allen's cool.

But yeah, they're just a hatable bunch of no good bitches.

But +1 on the nothing personal sentiment. Their fans in general might not be cool, but you, the only regular Celtic representative on this board, are, so yeah, nothing personal.

SouthTexasRancher
05-12-2009, 09:59 PM
god I hate this team, I hope they beat the Magic just so they can get their asses kicked by the Cavs, at least Magic would give Cavs a series, even though Celtics won you can see they miss KG

You have nothing to worry about.

Cleveland Cavs 2008/09 NBA Champions!!!

florige
05-12-2009, 10:00 PM
Actually I hated the Celts last year because I just can't stand the fact when teams stock pile up in talent. But actually this year if they can pull it off with KG on the bench I would be pretty freakin impressed to say the least. I would take back all the crap I said about Doc Rivers being a sucky ass coach if he can coach this team to another championship minus his star player. You really can't hate them because the fuckers find ways to win. Orlando is a stupid team though. Chicago played the Celts way better than these 3 happy morons did.

florige
05-12-2009, 10:02 PM
I like Allen. I used to like KG a lot, don't anymore, but I don't hate him like everyone else does.

The rest of the team; I can't even definitively say why, I just hate them. I didn't really like them at all before these playoffs, but I was really pulling for Chicago... and I think coming out of that series my dislike just turned into vehement hatred.

Perkins thinks he's tough and better than he is- he's just a dickhead looking dude.

Davis annoys the shit out of me, always has going back to LSU- his fat, pussy nickname, mohawk wearing ass has no business hitting game winners, none.

Rondo- rollerskates and fouls like a bitch.

Marbury is batshit insane... and he's an asshole. And he doesn't deserve to play on a good team.

Can't say why I dislike Pierce, but I've never liked him. Maybe you're onto something with his facial expressions. Tuck your chin in, Pierce.

House- it goes without saying.

I dislike Tommy Heinsohn so much that I think it's spilled over to the point that I wouldn't like any good Celtics team, just because I don't want Heinsohn to enjoy life.

Mikki Moore is cool, but he's not good at this level.

Scal wouldn't normally be worth dislike, but that's why it's especially aggravating to see him step up in the playoffs for an unlikable team.

Tony Allen's cool.

But yeah, they're just a hatable bunch of no good bitches.

But +1 on the nothing personal sentiment. Their fans in general might not be cool, but you, the only regular Celtic representative on this board, are, so yeah, nothing personal.

Gay-jon.....:lmao:lmao

TampaDude
05-12-2009, 10:04 PM
I don't really care who wins this series...they're gonna get bounced by the Cavs, anyway.

redzero
05-12-2009, 10:08 PM
Why hate the Celtics? Now that the Pistons suck, the Celtics are Spurs of the Eastern Conference. They focus on teamwork, have obnoxious fans and win.

EDIT: Oh, never mind.

http://www.uploadho.com/files/1242194640.gif

florige
05-12-2009, 10:08 PM
I don't really care who wins this series...they're gonna get bounced by the Cavs, anyway.

That would be a dream of mine of Boston were to somehow beat the "chosen one" minus KG. I would really love that. I didn't have a problem with Cleveland until that little runt Mo Williams had the nerve to compare himself to Pippen.

Armando
05-12-2009, 10:13 PM

Naw as much as I want the Magic to win its only fitting that Boston beomes the last East team to be steamrolled by the Cavs.

TampaDude
05-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Naw as much as I want the Magic to win its only fitting that Boston beomes the last East team to be steamrolled by the Cavs.

He won't admit it, but you know LeBron wants to play the Celtics in the ECF...he wants some payback. :hat

tp2021
05-12-2009, 10:16 PM
Ray is an asshole. There's a difference between whining, and the level of complaining which he does. He just forms these mini-vendettas anytime things get heated. Now, emotions taking you over is understandable, but it wears itself out as an excuse when used repeatedly and in every possible heated situation. You would think he would know this, having been up for a sportsmanship award and all.

KG is a punk bitch. He still has the maturity level of when he entered the league. Picking fights with guards, and hiding behind referees when someone retaliates, nothing more need be said.

Perkins is a self-entitled douchebag for no reason. KG rubbed off on him, attitude-wise.

Marbury is a colossal failure of a potential superstar. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer, either.

Eddie House is the guard-version of Perkins. He kinda sorta reminds me of Terry, except not a thug.

Pierce is the only player I feel warrants respect. He is clutch, and has paid his dues with this team.

Everyone else I don't really care too much about.

Armando
05-12-2009, 10:20 PM
He won't admit it, but you know LeBron wants to play the Celtics in the ECF...he wants some payback. :hat

Agree he wants Boston but he won't disrespect Orlando like that.

TampaDude
05-12-2009, 10:24 PM
Agree he wants Boston but he won't disrespect Orlando like that.

Exactly...he knows he still might play the Magic...he's very smart...not giving anyone any bulletin board material. :toast

NewJerSpur
05-12-2009, 10:30 PM
1) The Magic deserve to go down in flames. Big Baby's shot in Game 4 for the win was reminiscent of Horry's buzzer beater against the Kings in Game 4 of the 2002 WCF in that it sucked the clutch right out of the team on the other end and replaced it with choke.....actually the Magic have always been chokers but they were on the verge of breaking through.

2) Although the refs blew the call on Rondo's phantom airball that "apparently" grazed the rim, the Celts deserved the game more. They showed championship grit while Orlando wilted. The call made no difference to me.

3) When Tony Battie is huddling the troops (from the bench might I add) about to go to battle and giving them words of encouragement, your team has serious mental deficiecies. He was big tonight, but he's one of the lowest guys on the totem pole in many ways.

4) Now that I got an even better look at the replay, that kid had no business being on the court in Orlando in the 1st place, and Glen Davis saved his life. He essentially had the wherewithall to move him out of the way so he wouldn't trample the kid even though he was charged with emotion after hitting the biggest shot of his career. The kid's father is an idiot and I hope someday they remove courtside seats for good.

I was rooting for the Magic, and still have hopes for them, but the Celtics want it more despite their issues. Orlando still has a chance, but not as good as the one they had against the Sixers. Sucks.

Armando
05-12-2009, 10:33 PM
1) The Magic deserve to go down in flames. Big Baby's shot in Game 4 for the win was reminiscent of Horry's buzzer beater against the Kings in Game 4 of the 2002 WCF in that it sucked the clutch right out of the team on the other end and replaced it with choke.....actually the Magic have always been chokers but they were on the verge of breaking through.

2) Although the refs blew the call on Rondo's phantom airball that "apparently" grazed the rim, the Celts deserved the game more. They showed championship grit while Orlando wilted. The call made no difference to me.

3) When Tony Battie is huddling the troops (from the bench might I add) about to go to battle and giving them words of encouragement, your team has serious mental deficiecies. He was big tonight, but he's one of the lowest guys on the totem pole in many ways.

4) Now that I got an even better look at the replay, that kid had no business being on the court in Orlando in the 1st place, and Glen Davis saved his life. He essentially had the wherewithall to move him out of the way so he wouldn't trample the kid even though he was charged with emotion after hitting the biggest shot of his career. The kid's father is an idiot and I hope someday they remove courtside seats for good.

I was rooting for the Magic, and still have hopes for them, but the Celtics want it more despite their issues. Orlando still has a chance, but not as good as the one they had against the Sixers. Sucks.

Reminds me of a certain team back in 2007 during Game 5 of the West semis. You know the one that was up 8 with a minute to go but lost the lead.

NewJerSpur
05-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Reminds me of a certain team back in 2007 during Game 5 of the West semis. You know the one that was up 8 with a minute to go but lost the lead.

This is no time for Suns' dumping....this is all about the Magic and how they are letting my hopes of a competitive ECF go down the toilet. Plus the last time the Suns got to the Finals they won 2 games against the Bulls....the Magic got swept by Chicago's 2-year replacement.

Jacko
05-12-2009, 10:51 PM
Kevin Garnett could rape babies and the majority of NBA fans would probably still hate the Lakers more :lmao

When you're irrelevant for 3 decades people tend to forget about you.

Jacko
05-12-2009, 10:55 PM
:lmao the TNT crew is so pissed.

They are all Rocket homers.

Jacko
05-12-2009, 10:55 PM
^ Whoops wrong thread

Jacob1983
05-12-2009, 11:03 PM
I think a lot of people use to like KG when he was on the Timberwolves. He was a more likeable player when he didn't have a ring. Since he has a ring now, he's become an arrogant, loud, dickhead.

Armando
05-12-2009, 11:06 PM
I think a lot of people use to like KG when he was on the Timberwolves. He was a more likeable player when he didn't have a ring. Since he has a ring now, he's become an arrogant, loud, dickhead.

Exactly

JoeTait75
05-12-2009, 11:11 PM
You can hate the Celtics, but you have to respect them. They're not as good talent-wise as Orlando, they had no business winning these last two games, but they pulled it off. Yeah, it took a monumental choke-job by Orlando tonight, but it takes character to win when you're beat up and the odds are against you. Boston is tough.

iggypop123
05-12-2009, 11:21 PM
pierce flops around whenever he gets touched. he is at chris paul fag level

Jacko
05-12-2009, 11:22 PM
BOS is tough, but there is no way in hell they can beat CLE without KG.

Lebron is going to murder them.

Cavs could sweep their way to the Finals...

Armando
05-12-2009, 11:24 PM

It won't be a sweep Boston will get one but it won't be at the Q. I see Boston going down 0-2 in Cleveland.

JoeTait75
05-12-2009, 11:29 PM

They won't beat the Cavaliers. They're too thin in quality players. But they have too much heart to get swept.

timtonymanu
05-13-2009, 12:14 AM
i hate the celtics players too. they're so damn arrogant.

KG - obviously everyone knows why.

Pierce - his "best player in the world" comment is bs.

Rondo - tries to shove people. overrated also.

Perkins - thinks he's so tough. plus he sounds like a dumbass.

Big Baby - he yells too much after a shot.

Eddie House - same as Big Baby but worse.

Marbury - riding the coattails of the Celtics. enough said. plus he's an asshole.

Scalabrine - talked shit after the finals last year ... when he didnt even play.

Bill Walker - we all saw him trying to fight T-Mac.

Doc Rivers - this guy whines to the refs too much. what pissed me off was that he was mad that Eddie House got a technical for taunting the bench of the other team. WTF does Rivers expect? I guess he allows his players to act like assholes. Fuck him!

I dont hate on this team because they win but because they dont have class. Put some of them on other teams and we wouldnt know who they are. I hope the Cavs can sweep them too.

Budkin
05-13-2009, 12:19 AM
The Cavs are going to manhandle the Celtics.

baseline bum
05-13-2009, 12:21 AM
Reasons why I'm pulling for the Celtics to beat Orlando:

1) Orlando plays the most disgusting brand of basketball. All they do is jack up threes. They're like the '07 Warriors if you told them they couldn't run.

2) Boston will get fucking smashed by Cleveland in the ECF.

3) The cameras will have to show the looks of sadness on Garnett's face as his team is murdered by the Cavs.

4) Stan Van Gundy has to go ASAP. He's gonna ruin Howard.

Jacob1983
05-13-2009, 12:31 AM
A writer at SI.com doesn't like the Celtics either. His article is a little funny.
What is up with KG using his fingers as legs and making them walk on the palm of his hands? Very childish and immature if you ask me.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/norman_chad/05/10/Chad.Celtics/index.html
As we await the inevitable Kobe-LeBron clash -- as you know, these things are determined by the NBA before the season even begins; heck, I have the memo right in front of me -- let us consider why everyone (I know) still hates the Celtics.
If you're unfortunate enough to be as old as Couch Slouch is -- which means growing up in the 1960s, stumbling through college in the '70s, getting married and divorced in the '80s and getting married and divorced again in the '90s -- then you qualify as a First Generation Celtics Hater.
The recent Celtics renaissance has been bothersome, worsened by other Boston-area championship runs by the Patriots and the Red Sox. And the Larry Bird era before that was equally tough on reasonable, David Stern-fearing souls. But nothing was more horrific and horrifying than the original Red Auerbach dynastic reign.
I am still scarred from a childhood of watching the Celtics get call after call and win title after title; the only benefit was that it prepared me for an adulthood of watching Duke games.
For years, any deciding game of a Celtics playoff series was virtually scripted. They felt like Harlem Globetrotters-Washington Generals games, minus the bucket of confetti.
Auerbach didn't pay off the referees, he simply had them "relocated" if they didn't comply.
Here are three largely factual Celtics facts:
•They never lost a Game 7 at Boston Garden on a Sunday.
•There was not a traveling call on a Celtic in the postseason between 1957 and 1986.
•In Game 5 against the Bulls last month, Ray Allen became the first Celtic to foul out of a playoff contest since Satch Sanders in 1966.*
*When I was 10, I watched a Celtics-76ers playoff game in which Bailey Howell committed eight -- no, make that NINE -- personal fouls before they even considered disqualifying him. But the officials conferred with Auerbach, and Howell remained in the game.
(Column Intermission: How could the Nuggets trade Allen Iverson and still lead the league in tattoos? The Pepsi Center has more Baroque drawings than the Louvre; Stanford offers an art history course that solely studies Chris Andersen's right arm.)
As for the current, unsavory Celtics, I excuse the coach, Doc Rivers, who was a terrific analyst on TNT and is a class act on the bench. I excuse no one else.
The Big Three -- Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett and Paul Pierce -- play the game right, but I'm tired of seeing Garnett in his Big & Tall Men's Shop suit standing on the sidelines chest-bumping teammates.
I don't like Kendrick Perkins; I don't know why.
Eddie House wears his socks too high, for my tastes. I also wouldn't mind if, just one time after hitting a three-pointer, he didn't go frolicking back down court like he just won the lottery.
Big Baby Davis is, well, a big baby.
Stephon Marbury is a walking, trash-talking billboard for underachieving pro-athlete dysfunction.
Brian Scalabrine -- didn't he used to be on "Saved By The Bell"?
Then there's Ragin' Rajon Rondo, emerging as a top point guard and a top punk artist. In the Bulls series, he stuck out his leg to trip Kirk Hinrich in Game 5, smacked Brad Miller across the mouth later in Game 5 and flung Hinrich into the scorer's table in Game 6. A friend of mine excused each act as "borderline dirty." Feh! Before becoming a Celtic, I believe Rondo was a bagman in the John Dillinger gang.
All of it is made worse by the too passionate, too smug New England fan base. I used to fear running into know-it-all New Yorkers, now I duck my head around the corner to make sure there are no Celtic jerseys within sight. It's reached the point where I will not walk into a Boston-area sports bar without headphones and a musket.
Here's hoping that the Magic is in the process of taking Non-Celtics Nation out of our misery. I need a lot of rest before Tom Brady's epic autumnal return.
P.S. I will give up one of my stepchildren to anyone who can keep the Red Sox out of the playoffs.

Mel_13
05-15-2009, 02:47 PM

Because people like you are not the typical Boston sports fan. The guy who started this thread is:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126376