PDA

View Full Version : Is Carmelo in the same level with Lebron and Dwyane?

Rapper
05-13-2009, 12:20 AM
During the playoffs this year, this dude is playing better than before

Does he catch up with Lebron and Dwyane already?

http://bbsdown.pcpop.com/DeskImages/0/395/000395324.jpg

http://hiphotos.baidu.com/xiaoyu_l_/pic/item/f4569435ef2fb11c91ef3957.jpg

Findog
05-13-2009, 12:25 AM
No, he's a tier below. I put him in the 1.5 category. LeBron, Wade and Kobe are 1's. He's having a great year because I think he's one of those guys who follow the tone, they don't set it. And this year you have Billups in for AI, role players brought in to play defense, a renewed commitment to playing defense on the part of the coaching staff, as well as his experiences playing alongside those guys at the Olympics and seeing how hard they work.

I have to give Melo props for making more of an effort to contest plays and rotate and help on defense. He's getting to be quite adequate at D. It just makes him that much more dynamic a player. He's got a great supporting cast, so whatever he doesn't bring you, other guys on the team can.

Trainwreck2100
05-13-2009, 12:27 AM
No, he's a tier below. I put him in the 1.5 category. LeBron, Wade and Kobe are 1's. He's having a great year because I think he's one of those guys who follow the tone, they don't set it. And this year you have Billups in for AI, role players brought in to play defense, a renewed commitment to playing defense on the part of the coaching staff, as well as his experiences playing alongside those guys at the Olympics and seeing how hard they work.

I have to give Melo props for making more of an effort to contest plays and rotate and help on defense. He's getting to be quite adequate at D. It just makes him that much more dynamic a player. He's got a great supporting cast, so whatever he doesn't bring you, other guys on the team can.

he's also a backwards fighting pussy

that will curbstomp the mavs in the next game

but a pussy nonetheless

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 12:29 AM
dude hasn't even been the best player on the court in BOTH of the series this year.

dude ain't even a top 15 player.

u4lakers14
05-13-2009, 12:32 AM
probably on wades level

not even close to lebron.

Double-Up
05-13-2009, 12:37 AM
No he is not. He's like a less physical young Paul Pierce.

Lars
05-13-2009, 12:37 AM
no

Cry Havoc
05-13-2009, 12:38 AM
No one is on the top tier except LeBron at this point. His team without him is a 25 win team at best.

mavs>spurs2
05-13-2009, 12:38 AM
Wade is definitely up there with Kobe and Lebron, you people are way off here. Dude's as complete of a player as there is.

baseline bum
05-13-2009, 12:39 AM
Not even close. If Denver can somehow take LA, then maybe.

Methenysz
05-13-2009, 12:42 AM
Is Carmelo in the same level with Lebron and Dwyane?

I hope this is a joke

Jacob1983
05-13-2009, 12:47 AM
Wade is not on the same level as Lebron. Wade hasn't done shit by himself. Take away the million free throws Wade made in the 2006 Finals, and he's just an all star type player that can't get his team out of the 1st round. Lebron makes his teammates better. Wade does not. Carmelo hasn't done anything either.

Rapper
05-13-2009, 12:48 AM
Well but His stats in the playoffs is 26.7 points 6.8 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game

Man this is a MVP statistics, isn'it?

Rapper
05-13-2009, 12:51 AM
Wade was the final MVP of 2006

How about Lebron? what he did and what has he achieved?

Final MVP is more valuable than regular season MVP

All man know that

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Parker > Lebron

all man know that

Jacob1983
05-13-2009, 12:56 AM
No one gives a shit about 2006 anymore, What has Wade done lately? Seriously, what did the Heat do in the playoffs this year? How about last year or the year before last? Who has Wade made better on the Heat?

JoeTait75
05-13-2009, 01:21 AM
How about Lebron? what he did and what has he achieved?

If you saw what the Cavaliers were in the years before LeBron arrived, you wouldn't have to ask that question.

As for Carmelo, I'd put him up with anyone in the league as a pure scorer, and that includes LeBron, Kobe or D-Wade. I'm not sure he has the other elements to be in the super-elite category though. Maybe someday.

Killakobe81
05-13-2009, 01:22 AM
I agree with a few of teh posters ...LBJ & Kobe are at the top 1a and 1B Wade is the clear#3 but only if Duncan never gets back to 100% then he is below Duncan. Melo is battling for top 5 with Dirk, and Dwight Howard.

Sean Cagney
05-13-2009, 01:23 AM
probably on wades level

not even close to lebron.HELL NO, he needed damn Billups to get outta round one, he is not near Wade yet. He is a step below Wade and Bron, it's that simple.
No one gives a shit about 2006 anymore, What has Wade done lately? Seriously, what did the Heat do in the playoffs this year? How about last year or the year before last? Who has Wade made better on the Heat?

Wade got what 30 ppg and 7 rbpg and 5 assists per game, and one block and steal a game? Thats what has he done lately? Are you serious? With that team he had he made it to the playoffs and a game 7, ru serious you hater? I give a fukk about 06 too as I am not still bitter and hate on that great of a player he is, he is that good. Who has he made better? Who does he have on that team really? Exactly, stop your hate for him from 06.

Jacko
05-13-2009, 01:23 AM
Melo doesn't play defense and that is why he can never be put in the Tier 1 category.

spursbird
05-13-2009, 01:24 AM
I wouldnt even put him in the 1.5 category. I put guys like Dirk, Bosh, and Wade in that category. Wade is not on James and Kobes level either. Carmella has much to prove before I put him in the category with any of the guys I just mentioned.
In which way Wade is worse than LBJ or Kobe? The Heat winned only 15 games last season, and has improved to 43 wins this season, all because Wade is healthy.

dirk4mvp
As for Carmelo, I'd put him up with anyone in the league as a pure scorer, and that includes LeBron, Kobe or D-Wade.

:tu :tu

Killakobe81
I also agree offensively he is the most dangerous scorer because his size, skill speed and footwork. I still think Kobe is the most complete offensive weapon but Melo more efficent due to his size.

Jacob1983
05-13-2009, 01:42 AM
I will admit that Wade can score, get steals, and assists but he turns the ball over a lot and has proven that he cannot lead a team deep in the playoffs with help i.e. Shaq and maybe some love from the refs and Stern. When Wade gets to the 2nd round or ECF then I will give him some props but until that happens he ain't all that in my book. And yes, I do know that Wade has gotten out of the 1st round before but he hasn't done that since 2006.

Carmelo is not even a top 10 player. He can't play defense and he turns the ball over a lot. And he isn't even the best player on his team. Rat Billups is the best player and MVP on the Nuggets.

05-13-2009, 01:46 AM
melo needs to play defense to be top tier. right now he's just a pure scorer.

sexinthatsx
05-13-2009, 01:53 AM
Not close. Even though melo's one of the best in the league in shooting clutch shots and game winners, he's not a leader. Take away chauncey billups and melo cannot lead the nuggets to where they are now.

angelbelow
05-13-2009, 02:26 AM
not yet :)

sa_kid20
05-13-2009, 02:51 AM
I will admit that Wade can score, get steals, and assists but he turns the ball over a lot and has proven that he cannot lead a team deep in the playoffs with help i.e. Shaq and maybe some love from the refs and Stern.

:lol This is one of the most idiotic things i've ever read on here. How many teams have ever won a Title with only one superstar or all-star type of player? I mean come on man you're just reaching at this point. still bitter about 2006 i guess.

Jacob1983
05-13-2009, 03:26 AM
You're damn right I'm bitter. Wade stole the championship from the team I root for. But seriously, just look at what Wade has done since 2006, nothing to brag about. Wade hasn't done shit. Remove your lips from his cock and you will see the truth.

ezau
05-13-2009, 03:34 AM
Here's the Hierarchy:

1. Lebron
2. Wade
3. Kobe
10. Carmelo

Kobe is still part of the top 5, but he's no longer the top dog.

Rogue
05-13-2009, 04:32 AM
I think I fucking have got to start a thread titled "the offical Rapper is an idiot thread".

Bukefal
05-13-2009, 04:41 AM
noo, certainly not. He is a great player, but for now he is far behind wade or lebron.

baseline bum
05-13-2009, 05:05 AM
I will admit that Wade can score, get steals, and assists but he turns the ball over a lot and has proven that he cannot lead a team deep in the playoffs with help i.e. Shaq and maybe some love from the refs and Stern. When Wade gets to the 2nd round or ECF then I will give him some props but until that happens he ain't all that in my book. And yes, I do know that Wade has gotten out of the 1st round before but he hasn't done that since 2006.

Carmelo is not even a top 10 player. He can't play defense and he turns the ball over a lot. And he isn't even the best player on his team. Rat Billups is the best player and MVP on the Nuggets.

Quit being such a bitter Mav homer. Wade singlehandedly beat Detroit and Dallas in 06. Wade as a rookie beat Charlotte before having Shaq and then dropped 21 a game the next round on one of the stingiest defenses in league history, the 04 Pacers (who gave up 90 or more exactly 3 times in 16 playoff games). The next best player on his team this season was Mario Chalmers, a late first-round pick rookie. In addition, he was injured, and he still took Atlanta to 7. No one gives a fuck about your shitty book and your revisionist history. Wade has been an elite player in this league from the second he stepped on the floor, and he won a title with a supporting cast that was shit compared to what Nowitzki had.

KidCongo
05-13-2009, 05:24 AM
Athletically...No
Statistically...No
Intangibles...No

Therefore no bloody way.

stretch
05-13-2009, 08:39 AM
I wouldnt even put him in the 1.5 category. I put guys like Dirk, Bosh, and Wade in that category. Wade is not on James and Kobes level either. Carmella has much to prove before I put him in the category with any of the guys I just mentioned.

Wade most definitely is on Kobe and Lebrons level. Figures your stupid ass would say that.

1st Tier of Team Leaders - Lebron, Kobe, Wade, CP3, Dirk

2nd Tier of Team Leaders - D-Will, Carmello, Bosh, Duncan, Dwight, Joe Johnson, Yao, Nash, Roy, Pierce

21_Blessings
05-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Wade most definitely is on Kobe and Lebrons level. Figures your stupid ass would say that.

1st Tier of Team Leaders - Lebron, Kobe, Wade, CP3, Dirk

The bold doesn't belong on that list. Delusional Dallas fans. :lol

DPG21920
05-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Wade is yet to reach the level of making his players better. Kobe was able to lead a scrub team to the playoffs in a very tough West, and was able to compete against a very tough Suns team. Wade would have never taken Kobes team to the playoffs.

Lebron is the most complete player at this point. The sky is the limit for him, but he better find a post game quick cause as soon as he loses that speed hes toast.

I know you bs a lot to get under people's skin, but please tell me you are joking??? Did you see Wade's team this year? He led them to the playoffs and took the Hawks to 7 games.

Kobe's scrub team >>>>>>>>>>>>>Wade's team this year.

NBA Junkie
05-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Chauncey Billups gets a lot of credit for propping 'Melo up.

Jacob1983
05-13-2009, 01:38 PM
I'm sorry that some of you are like Charles Barkley and love to suck Wade's dick but I'm just not impressed by the guy. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you are. Accept it. Wade is overrated.

lefty
05-13-2009, 01:40 PM
Bonner is better than Melo

stretch
05-13-2009, 01:48 PM
The bold doesn't belong on that list. Delusional Dallas fans. :lol

The fact that he constantly has been leading a team of scrubs or inconsistent, brain-less talents, to 50 wins on a yearly basis, is enough proof that Dirk is a hell of a leader. Better than most morons like yourself give him credit for being. I would love to see what he could have done with a legit all-star at his side over the past 5 years, as opposed to one guy making an all-star squad as an injury replacement.

DPG21920
05-13-2009, 01:49 PM
You really place Dirk ahead of Duncan? If so, why?

stretch
05-13-2009, 01:51 PM
I'm sorry that some of you are like Charles Barkley and love to suck Wade's dick but I'm just not impressed by the guy. I'm entitled to my opinion just like you are. Accept it. Wade is overrated.

If you state it as if it's a fact, then obviously you don't believe it to be your opinion. You make no sense whatsoever.

The only reason Mavs fans don't like Wade are due to bitterness over the 2006 finals. The same reason many fans of teams like the Pistons and Lakers constantly try to discredit Jordan. Bitterness.

Fact is, Wade is a hell of a player. His ring and 1st team All-NBA back that fact up.

stretch
05-13-2009, 01:55 PM
You really place Dirk ahead of Duncan? If so, why?

This year? Yes.

Career? Of course not. I don't place many players ahead of Duncan in terms of career, with the exception of Jordan and Kareem. Everyone else after those two, are debatable. Duncan is a hell of a leader. But I think injuries have taken its toll on him, and he is not the player he once was, while I think Dirk has actually gotten better. He has been posting up in these playoffs more than he ever has in his career, and has done a damn good job of doing so. In fact, I think he took a page from Duncan's book, and was rarely putting forth full effort all season, instead just doing enough to get a comfortable seeding in the playoffs, but not risking injury and fatigue either, and he has arguably been one of the best 2 players so far in the playoffs (Lebron being the other).

DPG21920
05-13-2009, 01:58 PM
So how does getting injured affect ones leadership abilities?

adidas11
05-13-2009, 02:27 PM
No, not even close.

He is a poor ball handler, with poor hands in traffic. He has improved on the defensive end, and he is a dangerous scorer though.

Put a good defensive player on him though, and he completely disappears (think Bruce Bowen)

JamStone
05-13-2009, 02:41 PM
No, but he's closer to them than some people on here give him credit for. He actually has improved his defense. And, for someone who is more accustomed to being purely a scorer, he's actually an adequate passer. Not great by any means, but he's better than some think. And, as many have already mentioned, he's probably as good a pure scorer as there is in this league. Plus, he's proven to be a pretty good clutch player.

Where he doesn't quite measure up is with intangibles other than being able to hit clutch shots, such as overall leadership, pushing his team with emotional intensity, and being clutch in other areas besides scoring, like getting a huge clutch rebound or shutting down someone on defense. Billups obviously helped the Nuggets this year, and perhaps he helps transform or evolve Carmelo into the type of player that not only improves other areas of his game but also his leadership skills and other intangibles.

I think Carmelo is close and could be mentioned up there soon. Just not yet.

stretch
05-13-2009, 02:54 PM
So how does getting injured affect ones leadership abilities?

I'm sure Michael Jordan still knows how to be a good leader, better than most everyone in the league. Does that mean you want him at this point of his life, playing for your team as your #1 option?

Truth is, the past few years (since 2006), Duncan has not been playing at as high of a level as Dirk has. Duncan has clearly worn down over the years due to various injuries and age, and is not the same player he once was.

Duncan is a better all-time player. But at this point in time, Dirk is the superior player.

stretch
05-13-2009, 02:56 PM
No, but he's closer to them than some people on here give him credit for. He actually has improved his defense. And, for someone who is more accustomed to being purely a scorer, he's actually an adequate passer. Not great by any means, but he's better than some think. And, as many have already mentioned, he's probably as good a pure scorer as there is in this league. Plus, he's proven to be a pretty good clutch player.

Where he doesn't quite measure up is with intangibles other than being able to hit clutch shots, such as overall leadership, pushing his team with emotional intensity, and being clutch in other areas besides scoring, like getting a huge clutch rebound or shutting down someone on defense. Billups obviously helped the Nuggets this year, and perhaps he helps transform or evolve Carmelo into the type of player that not only improves other areas of his game but also his leadership skills and other intangibles.

I think Carmelo is close and could be mentioned up there soon. Just not yet.

As a Pistons fan, if you could redo the 03 draft, who would you have wanted the Pistons to take at #2, and why?

DPG21920
05-13-2009, 03:02 PM
I do not think at all that Dirk has been/is the better player than Tim since 2006. That is inaccurate and you are ignoring the defensive side of the ball and win% and playoff success since then.

For crying out loud the Spurs won the finals in 07 and although TP was finals MVP, TD was playoff MVP. Tim only finished 1 point behind Dirk this year in MVP voting and he had serious injury.

Before Tim's injury, he was playing much better than Dirk this year.

Blake
05-13-2009, 03:04 PM
1. LeBron
2. Kobe
3. Wade
14. carmelo

JamStone
05-13-2009, 03:08 PM
As a Pistons fan, if you could redo the 03 draft, who would you have wanted the Pistons to take at #2, and why?

Chris Bosh. It was the biggest need at the time. Wade and Carmelo are better players. But, the back court was covered and Prince was serviceable at the time. That team didn't have Rasheed yet, so Chris Bosh would have been the scoring PF they needed.

Wade is the best player they missed out on, but the Pistons had two (eventually) all star players with Chauncey and Rip that had a great chemistry with each other. Carmelo would probably be the second choice after Bosh because despite having Prince, it would be hard to pass up the kind of talent that Carmelo proved to have before that draft. I just think he may have ended up being more of a problem because he may not have started and I have a feeling the chemistry with him and Rip would have been poor.

Chris Bosh fit. The problem might be that with Bosh, the Pistons may not have traded for Rasheed Wallace. And, even if they did, the Hawks may have played hard ball with them and demanded that Bosh be included in the trade.

Also, with drafting Bosh, Carmelo, or Wade, I think the dynamics of that 2003-04 season would have changed with any of those three guys, to the point that I think that team would have likely not won a championship that year. The team would be in better position right now, but with no championship to show for it. And, I know it's conjecture, but if the choice is having a better team now with Bosh, Carmelo, or Wade and no championship or Darko and a chamionship, I'd still take the championship. Bosh, Carmelo, and Wade on the Pistons the last six years don't guarantee a championship.

ducks
05-13-2009, 03:14 PM
Not even close. If Denver can somehow take LA, then maybe. spurs sweeped cavs with james
but melo has to beat the lakers to be on par with wade and james

stretch
05-13-2009, 03:24 PM
I do not think at all that Dirk has been/is the better player than Tim since 2006. That is inaccurate and you are ignoring the defensive side of the ball and win% and playoff success since then.

For crying out loud the Spurs won the finals in 07 and although TP was finals MVP, TD was playoff MVP. Tim only finished 1 point behind Dirk this year in MVP voting and he had serious injury.

Before Tim's injury, he was playing much better than Dirk this year.

Timmy has also constantly had a superior team to Dirk his entire career. That helps a lot.

Like I said... give Dirk 2 guys who are legit all-stars, like Ginobili and Parker, along with a cast of players that can step up and hit shots when called upon... Dirk would have been winning titles too. He took a team loaded with inconsistent role players, put them on his back, and carried them to the Finals, making big play after big play on the road, constantly stepping up when the opponent seemed to have control (game 3 vs. Memphis, game 7 vs. Spurs, game 5 vs. Suns). He played better than people gave him credit for against the Heat as well, and made quite a few big plays. Unfortunately, Wade was just a little ahead of Dirk there.

Then again, you are a Spurs fan, I'm a Mavs fan, so we are both going to be a little more biased for our own player. But I don't see a whole lot of proof showing me that Duncan has been any better of a player than Dirk has over the past several years.

Muser
05-13-2009, 03:42 PM
spurs sweeped cavs with james
but melo has to beat the lakers to be on par with wade and james

James is MUCH better now.

Top tier players are Kobe/James/Wade (Durant in a few years)

Second tier Duncan/KG/Dirk/Howard/CP3 etc.

Third tier Melo/Johnson/DWill/Yao etc.

Muser
05-13-2009, 03:44 PM
Timmy has also constantly had a superior team to Dirk his entire career. That helps a lot.

Like I said... give Dirk 2 guys who are legit all-stars, like Ginobili and Parker, along with a cast of players that can step up and hit shots when called upon... Dirk would have been winning titles too. He took a team loaded with inconsistent role players, put them on his back, and carried them to the Finals, making big play after big play on the road, constantly stepping up when the opponent seemed to have control (game 3 vs. Memphis, game 7 vs. Spurs, game 5 vs. Suns). He played better than people gave him credit for against the Heat as well, and made quite a few big plays. Unfortunately, Wade was just a little ahead of Dirk there.

Then again, you are a Spurs fan, I'm a Mavs fan, so we are both going to be a little more biased for our own player. But I don't see a whole lot of proof showing me that Duncan has been any better of a player than Dirk has over the past several years.

Good post, Duncan wins for me because he is the superior all round player. Dirk has been crazy on offense all career but Duncan has been consistent on both offense and Defense.

stretch
05-13-2009, 03:58 PM
I think that Dirk's positives and negatives at this point in his career, outweighs Duncan's positives and negatives. Duncan may be the more well rounded player, but I think Dirk is more capable of carrying a team on his back, than Duncan is. Which is why I ranked Dirk higher at this point.

Findog
05-13-2009, 03:58 PM
melo needs to play defense to be top tier. right now he's just a pure scorer.

Melo's getting better at D. Maybe it's just this year and his teammates rubbing off on him, but he is making an effort to contest shots, rotate and battle. Not saying he's a great defender by any means, but he should never be lumped in with Amare or guys like that.

Findog
05-13-2009, 04:00 PM
:cry :cry :cry

DPG21920
05-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Duncan still won a title after 2006 and was all NBA this year and all NBA defensive team this year and just behind Dirk in MVP voting this year.

Like I said, Dirk has been great, but Duncan before the injuries this year was playing better.

Spurs have won the title with some of the weakest rosters in the history of the league (with regards to champions).

Basketballgirl25
05-13-2009, 04:49 PM
I don't find him as good at Lebron, Wade, or Kobe. I find him more like Dirk. One of the better players in the league but not as good as Lebron, Wade, or Kobe

Phonzie20
05-13-2009, 07:11 PM
No he's not but that isn't exactly a slam on Melo.

SouthTexasRancher
05-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Carmelo is the Easter Bunny

Dwade is the Tooth Fairy

Lebron is Santa Claus

AND

Kobe is a Rapist

Armando
05-13-2009, 10:25 PM

Wade is not on LeBron's level? You realize Wade already has a ring and a Finals MVP to LeBron's 0.