PDA

View Full Version : FIFA World Cup

Bukefal
05-13-2009, 05:52 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ibGUuAgUXm8/SUpicdRMmmI/AAAAAAAAAK4/O1lKTqLgLOg/s400/world_cup_2010_logo.gif

The world cup is getting closer, time is going so fast.

Looking at the countries right now, who do you think has the best chances to win the cup?

I think it would be between; France, Italy, Germany and Argentina.

Also for South-America, which countries do you think will qualify? Top 4 qualify and the 5th placed plays against the 4th of the north, central america and carribean.

As for South America, I think; Paraguay, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay advance, while Chile playing playoff.

TDMVPDPOY
05-13-2009, 06:49 AM
spain or holland.....

both good teams who underachieved with that kind of roster they have.....

DAF86
05-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Spain is the best team right now but usually the ones that do great before the World cup never win it.

Libri
05-13-2009, 11:44 AM
For now, I think Spain but you can never overlook Brazil and Germany.

MB20
05-13-2009, 12:48 PM
spain or holland.....

both good teams who underachieved with that kind of roster they have.....

Spain and Holland are like the Phoenix Suns ( coached by D´antoni).
Nice to watch, but poor D.
Just like in basketball, offense wins games. But D wins championships.

(Theory not applicable for Brazil. :lol)

My picks are, as usual, Italy and Brazil.

From South America, teams that will advance are Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil. Uruguay gets 5th place.

/Nostradamus

SoapScumKills
05-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Italy/Spain

MaNuMaNiAc
05-13-2009, 03:43 PM
Brazil isn't doing very well right now, neither is Argentina. They are both in a sort of period of transition. They don't have a well defined team. I agree that most times, teams that do well this early don't usually win the WC though, so its pretty hard to judge accurately.

I'd say Spain is the frontrunner right now. Not Italy though, not by a long shot.

MB20
05-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Italy is built for World Cups.
They don´t care about the "regular season".
They will be among the best 4. As usual.

Bukefal
05-14-2009, 05:01 PM
Spain I dont think so, they usually are nothing on big tournaments. And they are not so special if you ask me. As for Holland, why do you all have such high expectations of them? Yeah they do have a nice roster, but they are not a team, and they have a big lack of motivation and champion spirit to win a cup. They will probably end in the quarterfinals. If they did not win it back in 1998 (that was their biggest chance), they certainly will not now.

As for italy, I know they had an old team, and lost their quality a bit, but on tournaments they play well(except last year), I think they can make it. in the qualifiers they seem to do good as well.

terzappi
05-24-2009, 12:21 PM
don't underestimate the fact that the world cup wil be played in South Africa where te C° will be very high.

Italy have never won out of europe.

I think the winner will be a sudamerican team

DAF86
05-25-2009, 05:55 PM
don't underestimate the fact that the world cup wil be played in South Africa where te C° will be very high.

Have any European team won the WC out of Europe?

Bukefal
05-25-2009, 07:29 PM

Well, there are not so extreme high temperatures, so i think that would be alright, besides most players are used to it.

Bukefal
05-25-2009, 07:30 PM
Have any European team won the WC out of Europe?

No, They have not, if im correct.

MB20
05-26-2009, 08:41 AM
Brazil is the only country who won a WC outside of their own continent.
Sweden ´58 and Korea-Japan ´02

MaNuMaNiAc
05-26-2009, 09:47 AM
Brazil is the only country who won a WC outside of their own continent.
Sweden ´58 and Korea-Japan ´02

well... that's a bit subjective isn't it? I mean, according to some people in here, South America and North America are different continents. Which means when Argentina won in Mexico '86, they did so in another continent. I'm just saying :lol

MB20
05-26-2009, 10:05 AM
well... that's a bit subjective isn't it? I mean, according to some people in here, South America and North America are different continents. Which means when Argentina won in Mexico '86, they did so in another continent. I'm just saying :lol

True. :hat

Whisky Dog
05-26-2009, 02:25 PM
Spain I dont think so, they usually are nothing on big tournaments. And they are not so special if you ask me. As for Holland, why do you all have such high expectations of them? Yeah they do have a nice roster, but they are not a team, and they have a big lack of motivation and champion spirit to win a cup. They will probably end in the quarterfinals. If they did not win it back in 1998 (that was their biggest chance), they certainly will not now.

As for italy, I know they had an old team, and lost their quality a bit, but on tournaments they play well(except last year), I think they can make it. in the qualifiers they seem to do good as well.
Spain took the euro title last year in a huge tournament. That had to get the monkey off their backs, you can't use that argument anymore.

DAF86
05-26-2009, 06:57 PM
Spain took the euro title last year in a huge tournament. That had to get the monkey off their backs, you can't use that argument anymore.

Euro cup and World cup, two completely different things.

sonic21
05-26-2009, 08:45 PM
France are not playing great right now. But they were really sucking just before the 1998 and 2006 WCs, so i'm optimistic for 2010. :hat

The_Worlds_finest
05-26-2009, 10:49 PM
F the world cup....for now its all about the CONFED CUP GO USA THE YANKS ARE COMING!!!! YOU COMMIE BASTARDS!!! GO YANKS!!!!

MaNuMaNiAc
05-26-2009, 11:11 PM
France are not playing great right now. But they were really sucking just before the 1998 and 2006 WCs, so i'm optimistic for 2010. :hat

Not to rain on your parade, but even though France was playing poorly before those world cups, in 1998 you had Zidane in his prime and one hell of a supporting cast. In 06, you still had Zidane, albeit a decrepit version, but even that's better than most and Henry playing at a very high level...

this time you have squat compared to back then. France isn't winning shit in 2010. That's my bet. Of course, one can hope... nothing wrong with that.

P.S. I'd like to add Argentina hasn't won shit since 86, so I understand what that's like :lol

DAF86
05-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Not to rain on your parade, but even though France was playing poorly before those world cups, in 1998 you had Zidane in his prime and one hell of a supporting cast. In 06, you still had Zidane, albeit a decrepit version, but even that's better than most and Henry playing at a very high level...

this time you have squat compared to back then. France isn't winning shit in 2010. That's my bet. Of course, one can hope... nothing wrong with that.

P.S. I'd like to add Argentina hasn't won shit since 86, so I understand what that's like :lol

So? are you going to tell me that Italy had anything more than just a decent team in 2006? In the WC it doesn't matter if you have a good team or not, most of the times you just need to be lucky and hope that, in the day you play the matches, your players are in a good day.

MB20
05-27-2009, 08:13 AM
Italy was a solid defensive team (as usual), which is fundamental for winning world cups.
The WC is all about NOT LOSING. Some games are unwatchable. No team risks anything.

Germany and Italy, two countries who go deep into every WC, have solid defenses.
Argentina in ´86 was coached by a defensive minded Bilardo, with 8 players focused on D, and only 2 offensive players (Maradona/Valdano).
Holland, Spain are countries who play an "entertaining" style, but never won squat.

DAF86
05-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Italy was a solid defensive team (as usual), which is fundamental for winning world cups.
The WC is all about NOT LOSING. Some games are unwatchable. No team risks anything.

Germany and Italy, two countries who go deep into every WC, have solid defenses.
Argentina in ´86 was coached by a defensive minded Bilardo, with 8 players focused on D, and only 2 offensive players (Maradona/Valdano).
Holland, Spain are countries who play an "entertaining" style, but never won squat.

You're forgetting Burruchaga.

samikeyp
05-27-2009, 08:37 AM
USA! USA!!

is not going to do much. :lol

But hey, at least they are getting in the the World Cup regularly, that didn't used to be so. :) The US wasn't too bad in 02 but looked horrid in 06 except for that tie with Italy. Its like rooting for the Spurs in the mid to late 80's, if they made the playoffs, everyone was happy! :)

I don't know much about World Cup soccer but I do know not to bet against the dudes with one name.

Brazil over Italy

MB20
05-27-2009, 08:49 AM
You're forgetting Burruchaga.

Burruchaga was in a scheme where he had to focus on defense first. Don´t be fooled by his goal in the final game.

Bukefal
05-27-2009, 10:00 AM

Holland and spain do not play attractive football either. they play not to lose, instead of playing to win. theres no chemistry, especially with holland and big lack of motivation. the only ones who really play attractive football are Brasil, Argentina and maybe France next year.

We'll see. But I know for sure Holland, Spain are not serious winner candidates. I think its between France, Italy, Germany and Argentina.

sonic21
05-27-2009, 01:48 PM

well obviously zidane is the goat french player, but he didn't play great in 2006, he had only 2 good games(against brazil and italy). But our team is really talented (ribry, henry, evra, abidal...).

p.s. our coach is retarded, he never won anything in his career and 80% of french fans doesn't like him. So i can see the french team missing the WC.

DAF86
05-27-2009, 02:43 PM
Holland and spain do not play attractive football either. they play not to lose, instead of playing to win. theres no chemistry, especially with holland and big lack of motivation. the only ones who really play attractive football are Brasil, Argentina and maybe France next year.

We'll see. But I know for sure Holland, Spain are not serious winner candidates. I think its between France, Italy, Germany and Argentina.

Spain does play beatiful football right now and Holland has the history of playing great football too but I don't know if they do currently.

sonic21
05-27-2009, 02:48 PM
Spain does play beatiful football right now and Holland has the history of playing great football too but I don't know if they do currently.

yes they do, last year in the euro championship they were impressive against italy (3-0) and france (4-1). they lost to russia in the QF (russia who by the way was playing the best football in europe last year). that was the best game of the tournament.

endrity
05-27-2009, 09:18 PM
Dude, Spain plays some of the best football there is right now. Iniesta-Xavi will go down as one of the greatest midfield pairs this game has ever seen, they are both two wizards of the ball.

Whisky Dog
05-28-2009, 12:55 AM
Euro cup and World cup, two completely different things.

Obviously two different tournaments, but both huge tournaments with many euros wanting the euro title over a WC. The knock on Spain for years is that they faded in big tourneys, but Euro 2008 knocked that monkey clear off their backs. This squad is made for big games with Xavi and Iniesta controlling the midfield and the ruggedness of big game guys like Puyol in the back. If Fernando gets hot with the ball at the right time they could easily win the WC.

Bukefal is nothing more than an irrational hater who makes no sense. Spain is playing the best futbol on the planet right now.

MB20
05-28-2009, 08:17 AM
Dude, Spain plays some of the best football there is right now. Iniesta-Xavi will go down as one of the greatest midfield pairs this game has ever seen, they are both two wizards of the ball.

Ugh...don´t get carried away.
They are a good pair, but come on...you are exaggerating a bit. :lol

Bukefal
05-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Obviously two different tournaments, but both huge tournaments with many euros wanting the euro title over a WC. The knock on Spain for years is that they faded in big tourneys, but Euro 2008 knocked that monkey clear off their backs. This squad is made for big games with Xavi and Iniesta controlling the midfield and the ruggedness of big game guys like Puyol in the back. If Fernando gets hot with the ball at the right time they could easily win the WC.

Bukefal is nothing more than an irrational hater who makes no sense. Spain is playing the best futbol on the planet right now.

Oh yeah, because we all dont have the same opinions, i must be a hater then. :lol I dont hate Spain at all. I just dont think they, nor Holland are playing such attractive football. I did not say that they do not play good or the best. Its attractivity we are talking about whisky dog :wakeup, not good or bad. Because a team can be good, but play awful in terms of attractivity. England was such a team.

I just think Argentina and Brasil as for all other South American nations, it is well known that they play the most attractive football (again, doesnt mean they are the best right now) in World Cups. Dont call me a hater, when you dont even know what we are talking about (Attractivity) and have hate on me.

:toast Cheers.

Bukefal
05-28-2009, 08:25 AM

Come on...:lol

Bukefal
05-28-2009, 08:32 AM
As for Holland, they do not play such attractive football. I must say they did last summer for some games at the European championships. But generally, they just play not to lose, they are not motivated, do not have chemistry and you can see that in most of their games, it infects their style of play. although they have some of the best players in the world.

Whisky Dog
05-28-2009, 09:57 AM
Oh yeah, because we all dont have the same opinions, i must be a hater then. :lol I dont hate Spain at all. I just dont think they, nor Holland are playing such attractive football. I did not say that they do not play good or the best. Its attractivity we are talking about whisky dog :wakeup, not good or bad. Because a team can be good, but play awful in terms of attractivity. England was such a team.

I just think Argentina and Brasil as for all other South American nations, it is well known that they play the most attractive football (again, doesnt mean they are the best right now) in World Cups. Dont call me a hater, when you dont even know what we are talking about (Attractivity) and have hate on me.

:toast Cheers.

You're seriously trying to argue attractiveness like it's some kind of universal, tangible measurement? That doesn't work, it all depends on what each person likes. I know exactly what you are talking about and it sounds like you are reaching for any reason to hate.

Bukefal
05-28-2009, 10:10 AM
Yes it depends on what people likes, and it has to do with personal opinions. So why do you think I have hate just because my opinion is different than yours? I dont have a reason to hate, nor do I want one
:toast

Brazil
06-02-2009, 05:10 PM

When one of the two O players name is Maradona having only two O players is not really an issue.

For France to have a chance they need to pass the classification and it will be tough.

lefty
06-07-2009, 04:32 PM
Woooooooooooooooohooooooooo

We beat the 2 time defending African champs Egypt 3-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!! :toast:toast:downspin:

(Scratch that 3-1, damn last minutes goals)

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2268/algeriea.gif

Biggems
06-07-2009, 06:00 PM
Soccer sucks.......but.......USA USA USA

2010 World Cup Champions

Brazil
06-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Not to rain on your parade, but even though France was playing poorly before those world cups, in 1998 you had Zidane in his prime and one hell of a supporting cast.

A hell of supporting cast ? When your titular striker name is Stéphane Guivarch you cannot talk about a hell of supporting cast. It was the first time of world cup history when the striker of a world champion team didn't score at all during all the competition. Just to remember that Henry and Trezeguet were very young players without experience.
By the Way the 2000 team was much much better than 98.

rascal
06-30-2009, 08:26 AM
I expect an African team to do well. Also Portugal could go far. But most likely its the regular soccer power houses Brazil, Argentina, France, Italy, Germany who will be there in the end.

iggypop123
07-02-2009, 11:23 PM
as long as mexico loses im happy. i want entertaining games except for mexico. a 10 zip loss is not enough.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2009, 12:58 AM
you seen the new fifa rankns, australia no.16 biatches....

fuck those diving kents, you know who you are....

velik_m
07-03-2009, 02:57 AM
Also Portugal could go far.

They need to qualify first. Right now they're not looking so good.