PDA

View Full Version : I hate to say it... But Boston deserves some serious respect

Kamnik
05-13-2009, 08:57 AM
They have a bunch of guys that have really a douchebag behaviour.

"Mr. Intensity" offcourse leads the league in that department. (how he plays a tough guy from the bench only increases his overall lead)

BUT... they play really hard, believe in themselves and have a huge desire to win.

They were my n0.1 hated team in the league but since Orlando played so piss poor againt Philly and now they are doing the same vs Boston I can't help myself but to cheer for them to get to the eastern conference finals.

There they will be crushed by LeCrab anyways...

benefactor
05-13-2009, 08:59 AM
No respect necessary. They are beating a bunch of suck ass chokers.

stretch
05-13-2009, 09:03 AM
they are a good team no question. but all this proves is that KG is overrated, and hinders them in crunch time.

stretch
05-13-2009, 09:05 AM
but they are going to get swept by the Cavs. The Cavs very possibly will be able to match the 2001 Lakers 15-1 record through the playoffs.

iilluzioN
05-13-2009, 09:07 AM
They have a bunch of guys that have really a douchebag behaviour.

"Mr. Intensity" offcourse leads the league in that department. (how he plays a tough guy from the bench only increases his overall lead)

BUT... they play really hard, believe in themselves and have a huge desire to win.

They were my n0.1 hated team in the league but since Orlando played so piss poor againt Philly and now they are doing the same vs Boston I can't help myself but to cheer for them to get to the eastern conference finals.

There they will be crushed by LeCrab anyways...

douchebag behaviour??? :lol

we are nothing compared to your fellow texas team Dallas Mavs......

pauls931
05-13-2009, 09:07 AM
They are good team, but this is like a gun fight where one guy accidentally shoots himself in the leg trying to draw. I don't buy Boston's defense magically locking down in the 4th quarter, orlando just choked. Boston made a run and they panicked.

iilluzioN
05-13-2009, 09:10 AM
No respect necessary. They are beating a bunch of suck ass chokers.

lol..... atleast we got players who play with balls....

are all spurs fans like you?

the spurs can't even beat the douchebag MAVS :lol:lol

NBA Junkie
05-13-2009, 09:37 AM
They'll get more respect in two weeks when they shock the world by taking out the overrated Cavs.

They've definitely shown the heart of a champion.

JoeTait75
05-13-2009, 10:03 AM
They do deserve respect. Orlando did choke, but they were able to take advantage and make the plays they needed to make. They could have mailed it in when they were down 14 and they didn't.

They'll get more respect in two weeks when they shock the world by taking out the overrated Cavs.

Not. Going. To happen.

hater
05-13-2009, 10:05 AM
well they are getting PLENTY of respect from the refs and Stern.

JamStone
05-13-2009, 10:17 AM
"Props" for not quitting and being mentally tough maybe. Though it's nit-picking distinguishing the two, I have a hard time using the word "respect" for the Celtics.

JamStone
05-13-2009, 10:21 AM
they are a good team no question. but all this proves is that KG is overrated, and hinders them in crunch time.

I thought it proved the Magic are huge chokers. KG is a douche but I don't think his value to the Celtics is overrated.

Obstructed_View
05-13-2009, 10:27 AM
Props to them for never giving up, but they are playing a team of guys whose balls shrivel up during crunch time.

stretch
05-13-2009, 10:50 AM
I thought it proved the Magic are huge chokers. KG is a douche but I don't think his value to the Celtics is overrated.

His value is nice, but I think that the team has now grown enough to the point that they can still be elite without him. However, take Pierce off that team, and they are completely fucked.

NBA Junkie
05-13-2009, 11:45 AM
Celtics easily dispose of the Bulls and Magic in 4-5 games with a healthy KG.

His presence alone makes them significantly better defensively as well as rebounding.

Jacko
05-13-2009, 11:45 AM
This year's Cavs would get SWEPT by the '01 Lakers.

JoeTait75
05-13-2009, 11:51 AM

So would this year's Lakers.

Jacko
05-13-2009, 11:56 AM
So would this year's Lakers.

I ain't proclaiming this year's Lakers to be the team of the decade like Cav fans are with their team.

Beating up on shitty depleted EC teams is hardly impressive IMHO and not even noteworthy. Lebron will have a leg up on guys like Kobe and Duncan because he will always have a cakewalk to the Finals. The EC has collectively been pathetic in terms of overall talent for at least 2 decades now.

stretch
05-13-2009, 11:57 AM

I don't know about that...

stretch
05-13-2009, 11:58 AM
I ain't proclaiming this year's Lakers to be the team of the decade like Cav fans are with their team.

No one has said such a thing, except for you. Dumbass.

poop
05-13-2009, 12:02 PM
i dont like Boston at all and they do recieve tons of favorable calls, but they are a damn good team even missing key guys, they have the heart of a champion for sure.

benefactor
05-13-2009, 12:05 PM

Yeah, our role players suck. It's all good. We will shed the dead weight and be back in the hunt again next year. While we are doing that the Celtics will continue to watch Garnett decline and will probably dive head first into another 14 years of riding the line between mediocrity and flat out suckage. Enjoy. :toast

Jacko
05-13-2009, 12:27 PM
I don't know about that...

Oh I forgot, Big Z and Joe Smith are going to stop Shaq in the paint.

:lmao

La Peace
05-13-2009, 12:30 PM
True, they play hard everynight.

But at the same time, if you beat the Magici y'all better take Cleveland to atleast 6

NFGIII
05-13-2009, 01:10 PM
"Props" for not quitting and being mentally tough maybe. Though it's nit-picking distinguishing the two, I have a hard time using the word "respect" for the Celtics.

Agreed. That particular word jsut sticks in my throat especially after watching both Ray Allen and KG run their mouths for so many years.

Anyway the Magic blew this one with their lack of discipline, poor shot selection and time management. I blame that on SVG, R Alston and this team's inexperience before I call them chokers, excluding Hedo. I remember '04 all too well. From what I saw in the 4th Q they started jacking up 3's with too much time on the clock. That is SVG and Alston's fault more than inexperience. They forgot what got them the lead halfway through the 4th Q and simply deteriotated into a bunch of 1 on 1 players. Imagine if TP had done the same thing with the Spurs - only he probably could have score ced more than the Magic but the piont is - Pop would have rimmed him for that kind of play.

The Magic still haven't learned have to close out the big games yet which let the Celtics steal this one from them. :depressed

stretch
05-13-2009, 01:14 PM
Oh I forgot, Big Z and Joe Smith are going to stop Shaq in the paint.

:lmao

Um, no one player is going to stop Shaq. But no one is going to stop Lebron either. And you massively underrate the Cavs team defense. They would do a pretty solid job on Shaq. Lebron would give a younger, weaker, Kobe all kinds of fits. Not to mention, the kinds of havoc you could cause due to Z's shooting ability, and Shaq's inability to cover pick and roll. Z's shooting would pull Shaq out of the paint, allowing for guys like Mo, West, and Lebron to get inside with ease, or to let Z just bust someone's ass with a mid-range jumper.

I think the Lakers would have a harder time guarding the Cavs, than the Cavs would have guarding the Lakers. Not saying who will win the series, but it most definitely would not be a sweep, nor an easy series for either team.

lefty
05-13-2009, 01:30 PM
Well, if Rondo got the 2 suspensions he deserved vs Chicago, we wouldn't be talking about the Celtics right now

MambaJuice2408
05-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Um, no one player is going to stop Shaq. But no one is going to stop Lebron either. And you massively underrate the Cavs team defense. They would do a pretty solid job on Shaq. Lebron would give a younger, weaker, Kobe all kinds of fits. Not to mention, the kinds of havoc you could cause due to Z's shooting ability, and Shaq's inability to cover pick and roll. Z's shooting would pull Shaq out of the paint, allowing for guys like Mo, West, and Lebron to get inside with ease, or to let Z just bust someone's ass with a mid-range jumper.

I think the Lakers would have a harder time guarding the Cavs, than the Cavs would have guarding the Lakers. Not saying who will win the series, but it most definitely would not be a sweep, nor an easy series for either team.

Lakers in 5. EASY SERIES

JamStone
05-13-2009, 06:20 PM
His value is nice, but I think that the team has now grown enough to the point that they can still be elite without him. However, take Pierce off that team, and they are completely fucked.

Being an elite team and a legitimate title contender are two different things. Without KG, they "might" be the former (though I don't really agree) but they are definitely not the latter.

Jacko
05-13-2009, 07:58 PM

I disagree and I think you are starting to show your youth here. The Cavs are a nice young team, but they are hardly in the same class as the 2001 Lakers. They haven't even won a championship yet.

2001 Lakers ahve the advantage in several areas:

Prime Shaq + Kobe > Lebron + Mo Williams
Horry, Fox, Fisher, Harper, Shaw > Big Z, Wally World, West, Booby, Smith
Phil Jackson > Mike Brown

The 2001 Lakers were a grizzled, tough, veteran team that had the best 1-2 punch the NBA has ever seen. The Cavs wouldn't last more than 5 and would likely get swept.

If the fucking 2009 Lakers can sweep the Cavs 2-0 in the regular season there is no question the 2001 Lakers could.

NewJerSpur
05-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Boston has already played and is currently playing a team that can't finish games. Give them credit for exploiting these holes, but if there's one thing that Cavs can and will do (though I'm not a Cavs rooter and no where close to a LeBron "WALKS on water" James fan) is finish games where they are up late against a KG-less Celtic team.

MarHill
05-13-2009, 09:13 PM

oh yeah...The Spurs lost in the first round of the playoffs since 2000.

A nine year deep run in the playoffs (with 3 championships) Hmmm......

BTW, I do have respect for this Boston team. They are tough-minded and will win this series with Orlando.

But...before last year the C's were in the doldrums.

Let's have some perspective!!!

:flag:

timtonymanu
05-13-2009, 09:16 PM

oh please the spurs worked hard to find talent in the draft since their record over the years is good.

boston just took star players and bench players that are just there to ride the coattails of pierce, garnett, and allen to win a title. what an accomplishment!

JoeTait75
05-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I disagree and I think you are starting to show your youth here. The Cavs are a nice young team, but they are hardly in the same class as the 2001 Lakers. They haven't even won a championship yet.

2001 Lakers ahve the advantage in several areas:

Prime Shaq + Kobe > Lebron + Mo Williams
Horry, Fox, Fisher, Harper, Shaw > Big Z, Wally World, West, Booby, Smith
Phil Jackson > Mike Brown

The 2001 Lakers were a grizzled, tough, veteran team that had the best 1-2 punch the NBA has ever seen. The Cavs wouldn't last more than 5 and would likely get swept.

Who the fuck cares how the Cavaliers would have done against the 2001 Lakers?

05-13-2009, 09:50 PM
who the fuck cares how the cavaliers would have done against the 2001 lakers?
+1

LakerHater
05-13-2009, 11:34 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/2isfpth.gif

Did he ever apologize?

IronMexican
05-13-2009, 11:35 PM

Are you kidding? 2001 Lakers would SMOKE any team this deacade. ANY team.

Jacob1983
05-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Boston doesn't deserve shit. They're playing a team led by a big man that isn't a leader or dominant. Boston doesn't deserve anything. They've been lucky that the Magic have choked. That's all.

Killakobe81
05-14-2009, 12:35 AM
I just posted something similar to the OP's EVERYONE says the Celts get swept ...but I don't know about that ...
Let me say this even though it will be in Cleveland if it goes 7 i like the Celts chances. they are proven in that situation ESPECIALLY at home. I would not want to play the celts in a game 7 either if we did face them i would hope the Lakers did their best to beat them before it got to that ...they have the most proven players in the league ...Pierece and Ray of course but now House an Baby have hit big playoff shots ...

I admit they are assholes but they do deserve credit if not respect for the way they have defended their title all year