05-13-2009, 10:30 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2009/news/story?id=4162728

pauls931
05-13-2009, 10:43 AM
He's gone...

adidas11
05-13-2009, 10:49 AM
Dwight does have a point.

And its not so much as getting touches throughout the game....but in that crucial stretch late in the 4th quarter, the Magic could not execute anything offensively. They made not attempt whatsoever to dump it down to Dwight in the post.

Let's face it, the only other realistic option that the Magic have in half court play is Hedo making something happen for them. All of the other players are jump shooters (Rashard Lewis comes to mind) who can't get their own shot.

mathbzh
05-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Maybe Dwight is not as good as he think he is. Offensively he is still rather limited and a kind of black hole. He should learn how to make a pass and work on his post game if he wants to be an offensive leader when playing against a good defense.

hater
05-13-2009, 11:01 AM
maybe that pussy Dwight needs to start with trying to get rebounds, dominating the paint, showing leadership on the court before talking shit. show some balls

pussy

Jacko
05-13-2009, 11:42 AM
Hold on one second!

How on earth can you criticize ANYONE Dwight for not throwing the ball into you when you FUCKING TURN IT OVER EVERY TIME YOU POST UP. Maybe if you HAD some semblance of a post game your teammates might try to find you. You can't even get a fucking shot up without getting stripped.

All you look like is an idiot. Outing your coach publicly like this is the worst way to go about things.

z0sa
05-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Howard has no post game and no faceup game, what does he want the ball for exactly?

NBA Junkie
05-13-2009, 11:47 AM
SVG is as good as gone.

He's lost the team when their franchise player calls him out.

DDS4
05-13-2009, 11:49 AM
It was painful to watch the Magic on offense in the 4th quarter. One bad shot after another.

Howard might have made a difference, but he's not exactly the best FT shooter either.

JoeTait75
05-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Maybe Dewey Howard should demand the ball DURING the game, not AFTER the game. Maybe he already is, I don't know. But I haven't seen it.

And yes, maybe he ought to develop some semblance of an offensive game as well.

poop
05-13-2009, 12:05 PM
Howard is a great rebounder, but other than that hes just an overrated waste of incredible potential.

DPOY? WHAT A FUCKING JOKE. HAKEEM MUST BE ROLLING IN HIS GRAVE

BlackSwordsMan
05-13-2009, 12:13 PM
dwight will be a lakers next year and then retire a phx sun

bdictjames
05-13-2009, 12:24 PM
The Magic should trade for Nash to get Dwight more touches.

Dwight is a fucking idiot though. All these young guys being portrayed as nice by the NBA are no more than the same money-hungry wolves inside.

td4mvp21
05-13-2009, 12:34 PM
Hmmm maybe Howard didn't get the ball because he can't fucking create in the post. That could be a reason why your coach didn't want the ball in your hands. Just a thought.

Cry Havoc
05-13-2009, 12:38 PM

Dwight is a fucking idiot though. All these young guys being portrayed as nice by the NBA are no more than the same money-hungry wolves inside.

These kind of non sequiturs are comedy gold.

So because Dwight wants the ball and wants to win, you correlate that with him only wanting money?

What?

To those of you criticizing Dwight, yeah, you're right. The Magic were definitely better off NOT getting him the ball. That made their offense so potent. :lol

td4mvp21
05-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Van Gundy could have ran more plays to get Dwight an easy layup/dunk, yes. That's a definite yes. But as far as giving to Howard and letting him create? That would have been just as unsuccessful. He cannot create over Perkins and even Davis at times.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Dwight is coming off as the low BBall IQ 23 year old, some fans accused him of being.
Timmy would never call Pop out if he was getting upset with the game plan. Maybe subtley players about touches, but he would keep that shit behind closed doors, not spout off to the media.
I think Howard was influenced by the Stan Van Gundy criticisms from Barkley and Shaq...and stopped recognizing the line of respect a player still should give to the coach.

Van Gundy openly blamed himself for Sunday's Game 4 loss for the defensive alignment that he drew up. He didn't have to blame himself on Tuesday because others did it for him.

"I'm not going to get up here and bash or say anything about what should happen, but I will say it's tough to win when all season long you play inside-out and you trust one of the people who got you off to a good season," Howard said. "I think I'm capable of scoring in the post, but I don't think 10 shots is enough.

"You've got a dominant player, let him be dominant."

Case in point, Dwight's already referring to himself , away from first person form. Just like the other NBA douchebags.
Dude isn't a dominant player at all offensively because he has no repertoire. He's not even 1/3rd the player young Shaq was.
Who actually defined dominance. Dwight would only have a point in calling out the coach, if he could actually BACK the shit-talk, up. He can't even do that. :bang

He has the nerve to refer to himself as dominant. SVG sure has a dominant player who is easily handled by Perkins! :rollin

btw, I like how players contradict themselves when they try to pretend they're not bitching, "I'm not going to get up here, just to say what I think should happen the next game...but....I think I should be getting more touches."

bdictjames
05-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Trade Dwight for Amare.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Trade Dwight for Amare.
Dwight for Bonner.

NFGIII
05-13-2009, 01:36 PM
DH is a great defensive player but right now hasn't the offensive game to make those statements. His footwork is mediocre, he continually misses chip shots and let's not even talk about his FT %. Even though the Magic are a 3 pt shooting team they still go into Howard regularly in order to set that up. They stopped dong what got them the lead halfway through the 4th Q which lead to their defeat. Having said that I still have to agree with him about not getting enough touches and that's either SVG or Alston's fault. The PG runs the show so what was he thinking when he continually saw shots being jacked up with so much time on the clock? ...Oh wait he was doing that, too. :depressed All those 1 on 1 plays without any kind of ball movement? ...Oh wait...ditto again. :depressed No low post game? SVG should have called more TOs and ripped the team for not running more clock and using Howard more.

What would anyone think would have happened if Tony P allowed that to happen with the Spurs? Blowing a 8 pt lead in the last 4 minutes of a playoff game by completely ignoring the game plan in order to go 1 on 1 against the Celtics? (though TP probably would have scored more points than the Magic!) Pop would have rimmed the whole team and especially TP!

Inexcusable for the Magic to just blow it like that.

SVG and Alston weren't in control of the team those last 4 minutes of the game and that's their jobs.

pauls931
05-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Trade Dwight for Amare.

I'd do it. I'd take him over any big right now.

05-13-2009, 02:29 PM
howard needs better low post offense to demand the ball. he is correct though. nothing was working and plays for howard would have at least opened up some three point shooters.

resistanze
05-13-2009, 03:56 PM
I'd still want Howard to get the ball late in the game to try his typical spin-and-dunk bullshit, rather than seeing Turk, Lewis and other chuckers throw away the lead from 26 feet.

resistanze
05-13-2009, 03:56 PM
Oh, and LMAO @ Shaq looking smarter by the minute.

gg SVG

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Listened to ESPN radio today and they had Jeff Van Gundy on. He went after Howard. Basically said that Howard needed to look in the mirror for blame instead of blaming everyone else...wow...Jeff just made it that much harder for his brother.

Borosai
05-13-2009, 05:12 PM
Howard is not a polished offensive player. You shouldn't criticize your coach during a press conference. And you never, ever, leave your wingman. Or buzz the tower.

Cry Havoc
05-13-2009, 05:21 PM
Listened to ESPN radio today and they had Jeff Van Gundy on. He went after Howard. Basically said that Howard needed to look in the mirror for blame instead of blaming everyone else...wow...Jeff just made it that much harder for his brother.

Magic were doing fine on defense until they stopped scoring and started chucking from 26 feet, allowing long rebounds and deep outlet passes for fastbreak points.

Even if Howard misses from the inside, it's not going to turn into transition buckets for Boston nearly as easily on the other end of the court.

Stan fell in love with the three and forgot what put his team up 2-1. A team that chucks like that will never win a title without going inside first. It's basic basketball that any high school coach in the country could tell you -- go inside to your big man first. Even if he doesn't shoot, he's going to suck defenders down and create spacing out on the wing.

This isn't rocket science here. This is basic basketball, and Stan apparently doesn't know how it's done.

sonic21
05-13-2009, 05:25 PM
Howard is a regular season player, like Wilt Chamberlain, the kind that melts way come playoff time.

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 05:58 PM
Magic were doing fine on defense until they stopped scoring and started chucking from 26 feet, allowing long rebounds and deep outlet passes for fastbreak points.

Even if Howard misses from the inside, it's not going to turn into transition buckets for Boston nearly as easily on the other end of the court.

Stan fell in love with the three and forgot what put his team up 2-1. A team that chucks like that will never win a title without going inside first. It's basic basketball that any high school coach in the country could tell you -- go inside to your big man first. Even if he doesn't shoot, he's going to suck defenders down and create spacing out on the wing.

This isn't rocket science here. This is basic basketball, and Stan apparently doesn't know how it's done.
Exactly...and Stan's brother calling out Orlando's meal ticket didn't make him holding on to his job any easier.

mingus
05-13-2009, 06:39 PM
i don't get it ... is Dwight Howard a mute on the floor , or or can he demand the ball from his teammates ? does he seriously have to ask his coach to tell his teammates to do that , or can he speak up and be vocal about it himself ?

if he can't do that than maybe he's not ready to be on this big a stage and he should just keep coming up w/ new dunks for the dunk contest and focus on that instead ...

iggypop123
05-13-2009, 07:50 PM
i guess that laughing attitude of his doesnt work when he wants the ball

NewJerSpur
05-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Dwight Howard needs to develop more of a game away from the basket (though I see him trying to mimic Duncan's banker often). Isn't he working with Patrick Ewing? Once you get him away from the dotted/baseline (if you have a big that can stand his ground and body up on him) his only option is the running hook shot and no one is ever around the rim to rebound his shot when he misses.

ducks
05-13-2009, 07:54 PM
howard not playing most of the third quarter should get stan fired
wtf was he thinking

pauls931
05-13-2009, 08:17 PM
howard not playing most of the third quarter should get stan fired
wtf was he thinking

he had four fouls

Lars
05-13-2009, 08:38 PM
Trade us Howard for Yao imo.

Russ
05-13-2009, 09:18 PM
Dwight Howard and the Magic are like David Robinson and the Spurs before Duncan came along. Dwight, like DRob, is a great athlete lacking in a a go-to post move. He relies too much on athleticism and never developed enough basketball moves.

At the end of big games Dwight can't deliver on a consistent basis. Therefore, he and his team look like chokers in the playoffs. Like the Spurs did in the mid '90's. Dwight calling for the ball at the end of games is a bit of a false hope.

And please spare me the outrage at such "blasphemy." I love DRob more than most and have defended him during the tough times, i.e., when people wanted to release him to go after Chris Webber.

resistanze
05-13-2009, 09:28 PM
In terms of offensive skill, D-Rob would still be an 8, while D-Ho is a 5-6.

JoeTait75
05-13-2009, 09:32 PM
Even if Dewey Howard doesn't have a developed post game- and he doesn't- they still need to get him the ball more often down the stretch. At least try it and see what happens. Because what they're doing right now obviously isn't working.

Amuseddaysleeper
05-13-2009, 09:35 PM
Dwight Howard and the Magic are like David Robinson and the Spurs before Duncan came along. Dwight, like DRob, is a great athlete lacking in a a go-to post move. He relies too much on athleticism and never developed enough basketball moves.

At the end of big games Dwight can't deliver on a consistent basis. Therefore, he and his team look like chokers in the playoffs. Like the Spurs did in the mid '90's. Dwight calling for the ball at the end of games is a bit of a false hope.

And please spare me the outrage at such "blasphemy." I love DRob more than most and have defended him during the tough times, i.e., when people wanted to release him to go after Chris Webber.

Robinson's offensive game was a 1000 times better than Howard's. Howard could never ever get 71 in a game, unless the opposing team had their entire frontcourt injured.

Robisnon at least had a very solid jumpshot and was able to play more than outside of 5 feet of the basket if he ever needed to.

Russ
05-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Robinson's offensive game was a 1000 times better than Howard's. Howard could never ever get 71 in a game, unless the opposing team had their entire frontcourt injured.

Robisnon at least had a very solid jumpshot and was able to play more than outside of 5 feet of the basket if he ever needed to.

You're right. The comparison can be overstated but I still think there's a bit of truth there.

IronMexican
05-13-2009, 11:30 PM
Anybody hear what Rome said about Dwight's bright yellow sweater?

"even Aaron Brooks' red blazer was saying, 'what's up with that shirt""

rollin: