PDA

View Full Version : Rick Carlisle Accepts Emotions As Part Of Polarizing Package With Mark Cuban

duncan228
05-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Rick Carlisle accepts emotions as part of polarizing package with Mark Cuban (http://mavsblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2009/05/rick-carlisle-accepts-emotions-as-part-o.html)
Tim MacMahon
Dallas Morning News

Don Nelson didn't like Mark Cuban's emotional courtside antics. Neither did Avery Johnson.

Rick Carlisle, however, said he "would swear by this guy." He called this season his best in coaching. And Carlisle added that he feels bad when Cuban's emotions boil over, because he understands Cuban's determination to deliver a winner to MFFLs.

Carlisle could have given a quick, politically correct answer when asked about Cuban's competitiveness leading to controversy. But Carlisle went on for almost four minutes.

"He's emotional, but his emotions, however they manifest, are really directed toward one thing," Carlisle said before Game 4. "And I'm absolutely convinced of this: That is putting forth the best product for our fans. I know this. When he walks in that building and sees a full house, that's something that he does not take for granted. He feels as though everybody in that building is part of his family and he feels an obligation to not only win, but provide a great experience.

"The emotional side of it is a polarizing topic. But I can tell you from my standpoint, it was basically almost exactly a year ago that I got to know Mark personally for the first time. You always have questions, until you get to know somebody.

"This guy is someone I have a lot of great feeling for. When it manifests the way it did the other day, I feel bad because it's not just about him wanting to win, it's about wanting our fans' experience to be great, to be special, to really feel like they are part of something that's really, exceptionally fun to be a part of.

"So I understand it. Again, my experience has been tremendous. It's extremely challenging at times because you know when you come here, it's not like, 'Yeah, let's just do a little better than last year and everybody's going to say, 'That's great.' It's never going to be like that. And I knew that coming in. This situation is about competing for a championship and that's one of the things I love about it. When you get in this position, you feel a tremendous obligation to help Mark deliver that."

to21
05-13-2009, 01:16 PM
MFFLs :lmao

stretch
05-13-2009, 01:19 PM
Gotta agree with Carlisle. Even though Cuban needs to take it down a notch or two still, I can't get too mad at him, because all it is, is his desire to see his team succeed. I'd rather deal with that anyday, than someone who is just interested in making money.

lefty
05-13-2009, 01:21 PM
LMAO Mavs

to21
05-13-2009, 01:33 PM
WTF do expect Carlisle to say?

He's not gonna tell the media, "Yeah my Boss is a dumbass who doesn't even know what a big distraction he his to this team"

monosylab1k
05-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Carlisle just sees how fast a coach can get onto Cuban's shit list, knowing that once that happens a kick in the ass while going out the door is soon to follow. Kissing ass to make sure he stays employed for a while :tu At least Carlisle is smart enough to play that game right. And he's been a decent coach this year too.

Basketballgirl25
05-13-2009, 03:06 PM
WTF do expect Carlisle to say?

He's not gonna tell the media, "Yeah my Boss is a dumbass who doesn't even know what a big distraction he his to this team"

if he did now that would be some drama, or the end of Carlisle job with the Mavs:lol

Biernutz
05-13-2009, 05:22 PM
Cuban = Jerry Jones ...........And they both have teams in dallASS.

timvp
05-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Rick Carlisle Accepts Mark Cuban's Money

Fixed.

monoslyab1k
05-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Carlisle just sees how fast a coach can get onto Cuban's shit list, knowing that once that happens a kick in the ass while going out the door is soon to follow. Kissing ass to make sure he stays employed for a while :tu At least Carlisle is smart enough to play that game right. And he's been a decent coach this year too.

Decent coach? Just a question do you even watch the Mavs?

He ran Shawne Williams off the team, he REFUSED to play Gerald Green this year despite Green showing some good stuff earlier in the year. He gave Wright a shit load of starts. And what a blessing in disguise it turned out to be that Stack got hurt, or else his 30% shooting ass would be getting playing time too.

And he fell in love w/ the small ball and lack of consistent rotation that we started to hate Avery for.

NO MORE SMALL BALL

NO MORE MAD SCIENTIST ROTATIONS

FIRE CARLISLE

FREE GERALD GREEN!

FREE SHAWNE WILIAMS!