View Full Version : 2009 Draft Prospect: Dionte Christmas

Bruno
05-13-2009, 05:44 PM
http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/0eYS0WKc8G3ZC/340x.jpg
Height: 6-5
Weight: 190 lbs
Birthday: 09/15/1986
College: Temple

DraftExpress (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Dionte-Christmas-1234/)
nbadraft (http://www.nbadraft.net/players/dionte-christmas)

Bruno
05-13-2009, 05:45 PM
http://www.owlsports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/051309aaa.html

Dionte Christmas To Work Out For Eight NBA Teams
Owl standout looks to enhance his standing in NBA Draft

May 13, 2009

PHILADELPHIA - Temple University senior Dionte Christmas will take his game on a 7,130 mile tour during the month of May, making stops to eight different NBA teams in a two-week period. The tour commenced yesterday (May 12) with a visit to the Toronto Raptors.

Christmas worked out for the Washington Wizards today before returning home Thursday to take part in Temple University's Commencement exercises scheduled at 10:00 a.m. at The Liacouras Center.

The 6-5 guard then catches a flight to Houston for a Friday workout with the Rockets. The following day he arrives in Oklahoma City to showcase his talents in front of the Thunder staff. The Philadelphia native's next stop is Detroit on May 19 and then he is off to San Antonio the next day. Visits to Milwaukee (May 22) and Chicago (May 25) complete his schedule.

Christmas, the only player in Atlantic 10 Conference history to lead the league in scoring three times, topped the A-10 with a 19.5 scoring average. The 6-5 Honorable Mention All-American became the fourth Temple player to score 2,000 career points, finishing his four seasons with 2,043 points. He also set new school records for three-pointers made in a season (107) and career (319). He is a two-time first team All-Atlantic 10 and All-Big 5 selection and is one of only two A-10 players to earn two Most Outstanding Player Awards at the conference tournament. He is also the only Owl player to score 600 or more points in three straight seasons.

DPG21920
05-13-2009, 05:55 PM
My question is why? Is SG another need?

Blackjack
05-30-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.48minutesofhell.com/2009/05/30/x-mas-and-os-an-interview-with-dionte-christmas/

Stump
05-30-2009, 08:49 PM
My question is why? Is SG another need?
Even though we do need a starting calibur SF and C, it's not like they're going to find that with the 51st and 53rd.

If they think Dionte could be the fifth guard (behind Parker, Manu, Hill, and Mason), go for it.

SenorSpur
05-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Even though we do need a starting calibur SF and C, it's not like they're going to find that with the 51st and 53rd.

If they think Dionte could be the fifth guard (behind Parker, Manu, Hill, and Mason), go for it.

Don't need him because Hairston suits that bill. Besides, I have the think that Hairston is a much more committed and willing defender.

mountainballer
06-15-2009, 03:10 AM
http://www.draftexpress.com/blog/Jonathan-Givony/#New-Jersey-Group-Workout-Wrap-Up-3259:

Dionte Christmas just knows how to play. He was shooting great, guarding guys, moving well.

Christmas reportedly had a lot of very good work outs. Spurs had him in for a work out and they also saw him in at least one group work out. from all what we hear about him, he definitely is the type of player the Spurs always have an eye on. very smart, good shooter and willing defender. not very strong or explosive, but shows decent quickness.
reminds a bit about Courtney Lee last year.
(and Lee definitely was a success story, as we know)
definitely looks like a very nice option for the #37 pick.

loveforthegame
06-15-2009, 10:58 AM
There's a handful (at least) of guys I'd rather draft with the 37th pick instead but if they were gone this would be a safe bet.

Mr. Body
06-16-2009, 01:32 AM
He'll be gone in the early 30s. Definitely a good prospect.

tp2021
06-26-2009, 01:06 AM
This dude went undrafted.

SKINNYPIMP210
06-26-2009, 01:30 AM
This dude went undrafted.

Damn I know... I think this too good not to be drafted!

Blackjack
06-26-2009, 01:33 AM
Damn I know... I think this too good not to be drafted!

Welcome back.:toast

Weren't you military?

EricB
06-26-2009, 01:34 AM
I'd be calling his agent right now getting something done.

See if you could get him into Vegas.

SKINNYPIMP210
06-26-2009, 01:41 AM
Welcome back.:toast

Weren't you military?

Thanks man! Yeah I got back from Iraq in Jan, and I've just been kinda chillan ever since then. But I'm back on the boards now! I love it! Great draft, but I really did like this kid Christmas though.

Blackjack
06-26-2009, 01:50 AM
Thanks man! Yeah I got back from Iraq in Jan, and I've just been kinda chillan ever since then. But I'm back on the boards now! I love it! Great draft, but I really did like this kid Christmas though.

Glad to hear it.:toast

This board gets hella' addicting after a while, so I'm guessing it's good to get that fix again.:lol

Christmas kind of reminds me of Kinsey from a couple of years back, so there's a good chance he'll probably catch on somewhere. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a camp invite, but I'm not sure with this roster if he's someone of any kind of need. (Now, if the Spurs make a trade involving Mason or Finley, or if Fin doesn't pick up his option? Dionte would definitely be someone I'd take a look at.)

SKINNYPIMP210
06-26-2009, 01:56 AM
Glad to hear it.:toast

This board gets hella' addicting after a while, so I'm guessing it's good to get that fix again.:lol

Christmas kind of reminds me of Kinsey from a couple of years back, so there's a good chance he'll probably catch on somewhere. I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a camp invite, but I'm not sure with this roster if he's someone of any kind of need. (Now, if the Spurs make a trade involving Mason or Finley, or if Fin doesn't pick up his option? Dionte would definitely be someone I'd take a look at.)

Very true! It's 2am here in Western Florida, I'm dead tired, but I'm still here reading the boards! I missed the draft so I'm catching up on all the details.

But you're right I would not mind getting him to camp, I was hoping we would pick him first but then Blair came into the picture and it was over from there.

Blackjack
06-26-2009, 02:08 AM
Very true! It's 2am here in Western Florida, I'm dead tired, but I'm still here reading the boards! I missed the draft so I'm catching up on all the details.

But you're right I would not mind getting him to camp, I was hoping we would pick him first but then Blair came into the picture and it was over from there.

It's been 2 good drafts in a row and this last week has been pretty sweet as a Spurs fan.

All of a sudden, we've got an owner that's throwing around money in a bad economy, some new blood injected into the franchise, and there's still moves yet to be made. I'm not sure who these guys are or what they've done with my team, but I aint complaining.:lol

mountainballer
06-26-2009, 03:48 AM
they should invite Christmas for SL. he does have a lot of intriguing qualities.
(but I guess he will go to Europe and start a nice career over there. he is the type of player, who will fit nice with Euro ball. see Anthony Parker)