PDA

View Full Version : Hey Nash and Amare lovers

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:09 PM
I just looked at the all NBA 1st, 2nd, and 3rd team and I couldn't find them anywhere........what gives? I thought Nash made the Suns and it was Shaq that dragged them down.

Can someone fill me in, I figured the best PG in the NBA has to be on one of the first two teams since Shaq is on the 3rd team and Shaq is what supposedly killed the Suns. I must be missing something.

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Civil War Ownage.

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Isn't it amazing what a difference 1-2 years make?

2 years ago many people considered Nash a top 5 player in the NBA. whether they were right or wrong, it was what many people considered

Now many people don't consider him a top 5 PG. Quite frankly, he really isn't a top 5 PG.

amare of course had no shot due to injury, and he had been underachieving greatly. It would've been interesting to see if Amare could've played at 07-08 post ASB level while Shaq was playing the way he did.

Shaq was worthy.

JamStone
05-13-2009, 06:17 PM
A Pistons' future first round pick and cash considerations for Amare Stoudemire.

Sarver, it's a good deal. Pistons can take back salary without having to trade it because they are that far under the salary cap. You'll save money.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:18 PM
Civil War Ownage.

lol that's exactly what it is.

The fans who watched prior to 2004 that know basketball vs. the fans who started watching in 2004 and only know SSOL gimmick ball and think the Suns didn't exist prior to Nash.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:20 PM
A Pistons' future first round pick and cash considerations for Amare Stoudemire.

Sarver, it's a good deal. Pistons can take back salary without having to trade it because they are that far under the salary cap. You'll save money.

lol please we'll trade Gorillamare for your 2010 pick. Have fun with a player who won't be in the NBA past his 30th birthday because he was smoking weed when he had a torn retina.

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 06:21 PM

The fans who watched prior to 2004 that know basketball vs. the fans who started watching in 2004 and only know SSOL gimmick ball and think the Suns didn't exist prior to Nash.
Yeah..they seem to forget the last time Phoenix was really good, there was a guy by the name of Charles Barkley on the team. That was before Nash or Stoudemire.

scanry
05-13-2009, 06:21 PM
I don't want be too rude, but the Suns have (and have always had) a major flaw in their system. They were too loose in 2005, hurt in 2006, no bench in 2007 and a Steve Kerr failed experiment in 2008. I don't have to elaborate their flaws this year.

BTW Steve Nash & Amare don't deserve to be on an all NBA team in their careers (and i mean 2005 too). I expect a player to make an impact on both ends of the floor and both of them fall way short in that category.

sonic21
05-13-2009, 06:22 PM

are some of those fans Spurstalk's posters?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:23 PM
BTW Steve Nash & Amare don't deserve to be on an all NBA team in their careers (and i mean 2005 too).

I think that's blind hatred to an extent but other than that I agree.

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 06:25 PM
BTW Steve Nash & Amare don't deserve to be on an all NBA team in their careers (and i mean 2005 too).
I disagree..2005 they were worthy. They've had some good years. Just as a team...they've sucked.

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 06:26 PM
Amare didn't make first team in 2005

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:27 PM
I disagree..2005 they were worthy. They've had some good years. Just as a team...they've sucked.

It depends what you're definition of suck is......in Nash's mind a good team is team who doesn't care about winning and just goes out to have fun.

Steve Nash : Having fun :: Michael Jordan : winning titles.

dirk4mvp
05-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Mavs shouldn't have let Nash walk!

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 06:28 PM
It depends what you're definition of suck is......in Nash's mind a good team is team who doesn't care about winning and just goes out to have fun.

Steve Nash : Having fun :: Michael Jordan : winning titles.
Exactly..like I said...they sucked...lol

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Mavs shouldn't have let Nash walk!

I laugh whenever I hear someone say that.

scanry
05-13-2009, 06:30 PM
I think that's blind hatred to an extent but other than that I agree.

Maybe, but i don't want a PG to get schooled by every other playoff PG.

I actually admire Nash on (Offense obviously) and off the court, but he has always been a liability. Tony wasn't much different either (especially in the 2003 playoffs), but he's improved on defense and added a really good jump shot.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Exactly..like I said...they sucked...lol

And I'm saying is if being good/sucking is based off the amount of fun you had, then the run and suck Suns did anything but suck.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:31 PM
lol not one single vote for Amare Stoodemire poor guy he should stop pouring crack in his eye.

scanry
05-13-2009, 06:33 PM
I laugh whenever I hear someone say that.

I hope you are implying that letting Nash walk was a mistake. But yeah Dallas would've been better with Nash and Harris coming off the bench. It still baffles me to this day about Dampier's contract.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 06:33 PM
LOL, what's with all this amare hate? can't wait till you guys kiss his ass next year.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:34 PM
LOL, what's with all this amare hate? can't wait till you guys kiss his ass next year.

I've never been an Amare fan STFU.

scanry
05-13-2009, 06:34 PM

Only if he improves on defense...

Borris freaking Diaw schooled Amare.. :wow

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 06:35 PM
Watch when he gets better stats next year, don't worry there's always enough fans for band wagoners.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:38 PM
I hope you are implying that letting Nash walk was a mistake.

I'm implying Cuban made the right call.

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 06:38 PM
I hope you are implying that letting Nash walk was a mistake. But yeah Dallas would've been better with Nash and Harris coming off the bench. It still baffles me to this day about Dampier's contract.

Disagreed. Dampier played an important role in our 2006 championship run.

The defense improved immensely from 2003-2004 to the 2005-2006 title year.

Damp/Diop giving you 42-48 minutes of quality defense/rebounding is why we beat the Heat in the Finals, Shaq was very limited that series.

All things considered Damper isn't a bad center, only bad aspect is his production in proportion to his contract.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Only if he improves on defense...

Borris freaking Diaw schooled Amare.. :wow

I think that he can become a good defensive player, i think everyone can agree that he has the ability and athleticism to hang around with the big guys, but he needs to be more consistent, he needs a coach that can discipline him and tell him to not watch pgs and fs run by him, that's all there really is. And I don't think he can get that consistency in Phoenix which runs and guns all the time. Go to San Antonio Amare, we'll show you how to play low post defense. :downspin:

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 06:42 PM
And I'm saying is if being good/sucking is based off the amount of fun you had, then the run and suck Suns did anything but suck.
True...they were a scary team, that's for sure...but I thought that the whole point of playing in the NBA was to try to be the best of the best.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:46 PM
Damp's contract has nothing to do with the fact any smart GM would regret giving Nash the contract he has now.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:47 PM
True...they were a scary team, that's for sure...but I thought that the whole point of playing in the NBA was to try to be the best of the best.

That's what I thought until Nash got Porter fired cause practicing defense wasn't fun.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:47 PM
I think that he can become a good defensive player

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Did you take some crack from his mom?

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 06:50 PM
LOL, like i said, there's always room for bandwagoners next year. But he's gotta stop watching players go by him, thats all there's really is to it. It takes time for him to develop, he's only 26 my god. Just be patient with him.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 06:51 PM
LOL, like i said, there's always room for bandwagoners next year. But he's gotta stop watching players go by him, thats all there's really is to it. It takes time for him to develop, he's only 26 my god. Just be patient with him.

Only 26.....lol this is his 7th year in the NBA my patience wears thin.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 06:58 PM
No one thought Steve Nash was really that good until he went to Phoenix and he was around 30 at that time. Alot of people thought Dirk and Michael Finley were better than Nash. Trust me, Nash did not look like an All-star when he was in Dallas, i think he flourished when he was a sun. Amare needs to go somewhere else and go to a team that focuses on defense more than offense. Bringing Terry Porter was not the answer because they still had run and gun players on their roster.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 07:03 PM
No one thought Steve Nash was really that good until he went to Phoenix and he was around 30 at that time. Alot of people thought Dirk and Michael Finley were better than Nash. Trust me, Nash did not look like an All-star when he was in Dallas, i think he flourished when he was a sun. Amare needs to go somewhere else and go to a team that focuses on defense more than offense. Bringing Terry Porter was not the answer because they still had run and gun players on their roster.

That comparison makes no sense. You don't have to talk down to me with this "trust me" stuff, I know the Nash lovers didn't but I watched basketball prior to 2004. Nash was a borderline all star on Dallas, I know that.

I also know Amare is too lazy and too stupid to ever be a good defender.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 07:06 PM
LOL Nash being borderline all-star? Dude was okay, did he average 11 assist per game while in dallas? He was not good in Dallas, i bet no1 in 2004 thought he was going to be this good. 2 MVP's? cmon, you got to be drunk if you thought that 5 years ago.

sonic21
05-13-2009, 07:12 PM
People love to give Steve Nash all the credit for "making his teammates better", but Dirk and the Mavericks got better when Nash left.

The Suns spread the floor better then any other team. Everyone from their one to their four are excellent 3 point shooters. They also get much more possessions the most teams in the league, combine that with their run and gun system, and you have the biggest stat inflating system in the league.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 07:27 PM
LOL Nash being borderline all-star? Dude was okay, did he average 11 assist per game while in dallas? He was not good in Dallas, i bet no1 in 2004 thought he was going to be this good. 2 MVP's? cmon, you got to be drunk if you thought that 5 years ago.

i still don't understand what your point is but of course no one predicted that.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 07:33 PM
i still don't understand what your point is but of course no one predicted that.
Point is, give it time?
Dwight Howard has been bashed with everyone right now, but I see him becoming a future dominant center and he's only 23.
Chris Paul has been dumped on by many people for his defense. He's only freakin 22 years old. You guys get too critical
They thought Duncan was soft after he won a championship? what happened after 2002?
see where i'm going here?
Amare needs to go to a new team like Detroit, San Antonio, Toronto, or Miami cause they focus more on low post defense.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 07:35 PM
Provide that with his amazingly good offensive skills, he's bound to become a superstar caliber type of player.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Point is, give it time?
Dwight Howard has been bashed with everyone right now, but I see him becoming a future dominant center and he's only 23.
Chris Paul has been dumped on by many people for his defense. He's only freakin 22 years old. You guys get too critical
They thought Duncan was soft after he won a championship? what happened after 2002?
see where i'm going here?
Amare needs to go to a new team like Detroit, San Antonio, Toronto, or Miami cause they focus more on low post defense.

First off, I don't hear to many people doubting D-Ho and CP3, and I know no one ever called Tim Duncan soft. You just made all that up.

Second, Amare is 27. Why did you insist on talking about him like a 22 year old player in his 2nd season. If he hasn't learned to play defense by his 7th season, he never will.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 07:38 PM
Provide that with his amazingly good offensive skills, he's bound to become a superstar caliber type of player.

lol amazingly good offensive skills. He doesn't have an iota of something people would consider a post up game.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 07:40 PM
have you seen threads about D-Ho having little to no offensive games?
CP3 goes for steals only?
I didn't go on the internet, everyone thought Duncan was soft against Shaq, and you're an idiot if you didn't know that.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 07:41 PM
I love the Spurs, I followed them since the David Robinson days. I know there were alot of doubters.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 07:42 PM
O well, if he becomes a really good player like i predicted, i will bump this thread again sometime in the future.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 07:44 PM
I didn't go on the internet, everyone thought Duncan was soft against Shaq, and you're an idiot if you didn't know that.

Everyone was soft against Shaq back then. Doesn't make him soft in general. Fuckin hilarious how you just changed from "soft" to "soft against shaq" to avoid looking retarded.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-13-2009, 07:45 PM

Those are generally haters not just unbiased critics. Amare is five years older than either one and is way more incomplete.

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 07:48 PM
Nash is just unlucky

02-03 Mavs competing for a title, Dirk goes down

04-05 Suns were the youngest team in league and JJ missed 2 games.

Then they lose JJ forever and Amare for 05-06 season, yet still push the 2006 NBA Champions to 6 games.

06-07 fucking suspension factor

07-08 meh, Nash was poor in series, the Suns were right there in the late games of 1/2/5 but just couldn't execute down the stretch. That Duncan shot was a backbreaker too.
Nash is unlucky.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Everyone was soft against Shaq back then. Doesn't make him soft in general. Fuckin hilarious how you just changed from "soft" to "soft against shaq" to avoid looking retarded.
Lol, seriously, go back to the WCF and semi-finals that the spurs had to endure. Duncan would have to GET PASS THE LAKERS in order to far in the playoffs dumbass. Only won 1 playoff game combined those series. ALOT of people called him and D-Rob soft. But i guess you weren't watching basketball or something back then.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2009, 05:47 PM
Still no answer from the Nash lovers about why Shaq made one of the teams but faggot man and ghetto man were nowhere to be found.

pauls931
05-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Shaq had a great season. The past suns team was very fined tuned and any change could mess it up, particularly spacing. Nash and Amare depended on this the last 4 or 5 years so of course changing coaches and system will effect them. Also not having enough good 3pt shooters to spread the court made it worse.

Also this thread is dumb.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2009, 06:07 PM
Shaq had a great season. The past suns team was very fined tuned and any change could mess it up, particularly spacing. Nash and Amare depended on this the last 4 or 5 years so of course changing coaches and system will effect them. Also not having enough good 3pt shooters to spread the court made it worse.

Also this thread is dumb.

Why do Amare and Nash need a wide open lane to produce? Shouldn't great players be able to finish and create in traffic?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2009, 06:10 PM
A wide open lane means you have no center on the floor which means your defense sucks. I don't understand why you like players who are dependent on smaller lineup that lead to porous interior defense in order to produce. If Tim Duncan needed 4 perimeter players to open up the court for him he wouldn't have one single championship.