PDA

View Full Version : Why, Kelly Clarkson? Why?

G-Nob
05-13-2009, 06:32 PM
http://www.dlisted.com/taxonomy/term/434

Spur-Addict
05-13-2009, 06:57 PM
:lol

This one is the best.
http://www.dlisted.com/node/32006/images/kellyclarksonwtf5.jpg

She was really never that great to begin with IMO.

She resembles a "little person" in this photo.

She's already paid, I doubt she cares.

BruceBowenFan
05-13-2009, 07:08 PM
DAMN she really let herself go. :depressed

BlackSwordsMan
05-13-2009, 07:08 PM
sexy
I don't get this thread

sonic21
05-13-2009, 07:19 PM
wow she looks like Jeff Lebowski

Viva Las Espuelas
05-13-2009, 07:22 PM
wow. man she looks different, but she's still the cutest thing.

CuckingFunt
05-13-2009, 08:05 PM
That is... not a very good look.

balli
05-13-2009, 08:10 PM
grim.

dirk4mvp
05-13-2009, 08:20 PM
:(

td4mvp21
05-13-2009, 08:23 PM
W t f??????

Spurminator
05-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Aretha Franklin is damn lucky she didn't hit her prime in the new millenium.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Aretha Franklin is damn lucky she didn't hit her prime in the new millenium.

You're comparing Clarkson with Aretha?? are you out. of. your. fucking. mind!? Nobody gave a shit about what Aretha looked like. She could out sing anyone, anywhere. Clarkson doesn't have a shit compared to Aretha, hence her "cuteness" was a factor. I say was because obviously, that's in the past.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-13-2009, 08:56 PM
That's why girls should always work out.

Spurminator
05-13-2009, 08:58 PM
Then you should have no problem naming the unattractive singer who is selling a ton of albums right now.

Spur-Addict
05-13-2009, 09:07 PM
Then you should have no problem naming the unattractive singer who is selling a ton of albums right now.

That's not exactly fair because a talent like Aretha doesn't come along often. Clarkson on the other hand.....well....( :lol )...rather frequently

CuckingFunt
05-13-2009, 09:07 PM
The two opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

Yes, we value looks far more than talent these days and that's a shame. But, those are also really horribly unflattering pictures.

Spur-Addict
05-13-2009, 09:28 PM
There's a british female named Adele that is fairly known in the music industry and she's rather big. She was on the today show, so she must be doing something right.

http://www.independent.ie/multimedia/archive/00311/Adele_Herald_311631t.jpg

CuckingFunt
05-13-2009, 09:34 PM
There's a british female named Adele that is fairly known in the music industry and she's rather big. She was on the today show, so she must be doing something right.

Adele's voice is amazing. Her album "19" is one of my frequent iPod selections.

Borosai
05-13-2009, 10:00 PM
Not why. How?

Is she genetically inclined to be of the larger variety, or did she just let herself go? I never found her very attractive, but when you're in the entertainment industry, looks matter. Unfortunately, there's too much matter now.

cornbread
05-13-2009, 10:15 PM
She should start a power-duo with Ruben Studdard.

IronMexican
05-13-2009, 10:37 PM
:depressed

Kermit
05-13-2009, 10:39 PM
Well, we now know what happened to Justin Guarini.

tp2021
05-13-2009, 11:13 PM
BEFORE

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/famecrawler/2009/03/Kelly-Clarkson-blonde-kelly-pregnant-not-having-kids-clarkson-40708_950_1184.jpg

AFTER

http://www.dlisted.com/files/imagecache/photo-preview/files/galleries/kellyclarksonwtf1.jpg

tp2021
05-13-2009, 11:14 PM
Wow she really let herself go.

Spur-Addict
05-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Damn, that before and after is devastating.

balli
05-13-2009, 11:34 PM
Damn, that before and after is devastating.

Wow she really let herself go.

And that's the problem. It's not like this is some super talented, super slow metabolism having, southern black woman who was raised on comfort food and gospel choirs. It's a hot girl who got rich and greedy and stopped taking care of herself, while entirely capable, to the point that she is now the bloated and pale porpoise that we see before us. It smacks of self-entitled gluttony and sloth. Those are deadly sins.

And I'm not trying to be a fatist, there's a difference IMO between struggling with a lifetime of a slow metabolism and entirely quitting on yourself after you make enough cash off your once beautiful image to afford doing so.

Udokafan05
05-13-2009, 11:34 PM
She is actually a good singer, and is the only one out of Idol beside Underwood that is worth anything talent wise.

mrsmaalox
05-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Those are terrible because even with the additional weight, I've seen much better pics of her. She's just probably always struggled with her weight and fluctuates drastically. And at either weight she just doesn't seem comfortable in her own skin.

CuckingFunt
05-13-2009, 11:41 PM
And that's the problem. It's not like this is some super talented, super slow metabolism having, southern black woman who was raised on comfort food and gospel choirs. It's a hot girl who got rich and greedy and stopped taking care of herself, while entirely capable, to the point that she is now the bloated and pale porpoise that we see before us. It smacks of self-entitled gluttony and sloth. Those are deadly sins.

And I'm not trying to be a fatist, there's a difference IMO between struggling with a lifetime of a slow metabolism and entirely quitting on yourself after you make enough cash off your once beautiful image to afford doing so.

I don't necessarily disagree with this (the underlying points, at least; the wording might be a bit strong), but I believe the trim down was largely post-idol. She wasn't heavy during the competition, but definitely a bit... plump? And she's got the kind of body type that holds weight. The before pic from a posts ago looks like it was taken right after her handlers Spears'd her up.

tp2021
05-13-2009, 11:42 PM

So what you're saying is...southern black women raised on comfort food and gospel choirs can't be hot.

:downspin:

cornbread
05-13-2009, 11:42 PM
I just hope she's not singing "California Dreaming" in those pictures.

CuckingFunt
05-13-2009, 11:44 PM
I just hope she's not singing "California Dreaming" in those pictures.

Damn. She's not at Mama Cass status yet.

Nor is she holding a ham sandwich.

EricB
05-13-2009, 11:46 PM
I've always thought Kelly was hot, and she got wayyyy too much BS for being "normal sized" I mean she was.

Obviously shes a little more than normal sized now, but shes always been told shes fat because she isn't toothpick thin.

Get back to the normal size, and Kelly is hotter than hell.

Very talented, very nice girl.

balli
05-13-2009, 11:50 PM
So what you're saying is...southern black women raised on comfort food and gospel choirs can't be hot.

:downspin:

I'm saying there's a whale of a difference, as it were, between a super talented Aretha Franklin and an entire lifetime of cultural/physiological re-enforcement she went through and Kelly Clarkson, a semi-talented (by comparison) former hottie, who appears to have quit on herself.

tp2021
05-13-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm saying there's a whale of a difference, as it were, between a talented Aretha Franklin and an entire lifetime of cultural/physiological re-enforcement she went through and Kelly Clarkson, a semi-talented (by comparison) former hottie, who appears to have quit on herself.
I don't even know what you're saying, I'm just being a dick.

Spurminator
05-14-2009, 12:09 AM
All I was saying by bringing up Aretha is that her pictures would be plastered all over the gossip sites and tabloids today. Whether she actually had the talent to overcome all of today's superficiality to become the same megastar she became in the late 60's is another discussion.

As far as Kelly Clarkson, I never got the impression she was famous because of her appearance. It certainly helps not to be an ugly cow, but her fame came from winning a popular TV contest and putting out songs people (especially those in key consumer demographics) liked.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2009, 12:52 AM

You don't know that she quit on herself. There's a multitude of reasons why she could be heavy now. Have you ever seen a woman who is battling with thyroid issues or on certain medications balloon up seemingly overnight? I don't know her deal (for all I know she could just be eating a bucket of chicken a day) but you have no idea if she's being gluttonous or not. I have seen women gain 50+ pounds in 3-4 months due to thyroid and other issues without changing their eating/exercise habits at all.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2009, 12:54 AM
That being said. This image made me laugh out loud:

http://www.dlisted.com/files/imagecache/photo-preview/files/galleries/kellyclarksonwtf5.jpg

I'm not sure a picture could be more unflattering. :lol

balli
05-14-2009, 01:13 AM
You don't know that she quit on herself. There's a multitude of reasons why she could be heavy now.... but you have no idea if she's being gluttonous or not.

I suppose that's true... and if so, consider me proven wrong and/or a jackass for being presumptive. At the end of the day I don't really care whether Kelly Clarkson is fat or not. I don't care if anyone is fat or not if they can't help it... but if there's a thing I commonly shake my head at, it's watching fattys eat at McDonalds, if not literally, figuratively. And if Kelly Clarkson is the equivalent of a fatty eating at McDonalds, I guess I'm just left shaking my head.

But you're right, I have no idea if her extra poundage can be blamed on food intake/lack of exercise or not.

pawe
05-14-2009, 01:13 AM
Will someone here still "hit it"?

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 07:46 AM
I'm not surprised at all since I could tell from the beginning by looking at her arms that she was not going to be a thin girl. Her muffin top said it too. She is very talented though and I wish her nothing but the best. Could she be the next Jenny Craig spokesperson?

BWS-1994
05-14-2009, 08:08 AM
I believe she was pretty good, but to see her at such a state :(

florige
05-14-2009, 08:15 AM
I always thought she was pretty hot even when she started putting on a few "extra" pounds after Idol. But now it is starting to affect her facial apperance.

mrsmaalox
05-14-2009, 09:14 AM
Those pics are just really, really bad. Here she is on Leno a couple of nights ago; she's definitely bigger, but not as bad as those other shots. I think she's still cute.

vpvOa57iLhU

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
05-14-2009, 09:28 AM
It puts the lotion in the basket or it gets the hose again.

Looks like she ate a small child. Or two.

King
05-14-2009, 09:35 AM
I'm pretty sure she said she's always struggled with weight - even before AI. So, these aren't necessarily shocking for her size - just shocking in that we've never seen it since her debut.

bus driver
05-14-2009, 09:43 AM
she can still be a spokes woman for Jenny Craig

Bigzax
05-14-2009, 09:45 AM
1st pic is horrible, but she's still great...

ididnotnothat
05-14-2009, 09:55 AM
She should stick to wearing all black.

koriwhat
05-14-2009, 10:45 AM
i never thought she was much to look at anyhow before or after... but damn!

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Dang!

Girl pulled an Ann Wilson!

lebomb
05-14-2009, 02:35 PM
Will someone here still "hit it"?

Not even with Redraiders cawk. :(

AmericanWoman
05-14-2009, 04:57 PM
The camera does add a few lbs you know.

Bukefal
05-14-2009, 05:04 PM
wow she looks like Jeff Lebowski
:lmao

seriously, what happened to her?

David Bowie
05-14-2009, 05:21 PM
A girl can be cute as long as she has fairly thin face, even if she's plus size imo. Kelly let the face go ) :

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 05:35 PM
I thought Jordan Sparks looked hot the other night on AI.

Darrin
05-15-2009, 12:23 PM
Those pics are just really, really bad. Here she is on Leno a couple of nights ago; she's definitely bigger, but not as bad as those other shots. I think she's still cute.

vpvOa57iLhU

The pictures aren't flattering, but she's that size judging from that video. She looked bigger in the video for "My life would Suck..." I don't want this to look like a copy of people magazine so I'll just quickly state my opinion and forget this thread exists. She's bigger, but she's still sexy.

xtremesteven33
05-15-2009, 12:35 PM
:hitit: