PDA

View Full Version : sons so CP3 has a BETTER season than he had last year, yet still gets screwed

BRHornet45
05-13-2009, 06:56 PM
sons so let me get this straight ... Chris Paul finished 2nd in MVP voting last year and has an even BETTER year this season, but he can't even make the ALL NBA 1st team? hate all you want on him, whether it's his attitude on the court that you don't like or whatever ... but for those of you who actually UNDERSTAND the game of basketball then you know the truth. he should have been on the 1st team. LOL ... 23 points and 11 assist per game isn't good enough to make the 1st team.... yet Steve Nash won BACK TO BACK MVP awards with overall worse numbers than Paul each year. what gives?

The fact that Paul did not make the 1st team is a total fucking joke. No disrespect to either Wade or Kobe (mainly Wade), but when you compare the stats it is crystal clear that Paul deserved to be on that 1st team just as much IF NOT MORE than at least one of them. However I do understand that money talks and the media's love affair with Kobe Bryant is damn near unbreakable. I can see Kobe at 38 years old and the media will still be voting him to the 1st team despite the fact that it will take him 24 shots and 11 free throw trips per game to average 27 points.

At least both Chris Paul and Dwyane Wade put up respectable field goal percentage numbers UNLIKE Kobe. It sure is easy for Kobe to average 26.8 points whenever he is shooting the ball 21 times per game all while putting up a PATHETIC .467 field goal percentage! ... but the media turns the other cheek to his field goal percentage numbers. its all about the points to them and that's it! when will the media look past simply just the points per game number? The funny thing is that even though they obsess over PPG, Paul was still only 4 points behind Kobe on 4 less shot attempts per game.... oh and he shot a .503 field goal percentage too (compared to Kobe's .467). That is just a couple of examples, but go look at the per game numbers yourself.

Chris Paul:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/p/paulch01.html

Kobe Bryant:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html

Dwyane Wade:
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/w/wadedw01.html

- Paul had better numbers than Wade and Kobe in each of these categories:

- Assist (led the NBA)
- Steals (led the NBA)
- Rebounds
- Field Goal Percentage
- 3 Point Percentage
- Double Double's (3rd in NBA, top Guard)
- Triple Double's (2nd in NBA, top Guard)

The funny thing about rebounding is that despite the fact that he is 5'11 compared to Wade 6'4 and Kobe 6'6, he still out rebounded BOTH of them.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 07:02 PM
I dunno, it's hard to pick between those 3. Kobe didn't need to play much throughout the season, but he was one guy that nobody wanted to face this season in the 4th quarter this season. It would be a toss up between Wade or CP3, and it wouldn't bother me if either one of them got first team.

BRHornet45
05-13-2009, 07:04 PM
I dunno, it's hard to pick between those 3. Kobe didn't need to play much throughout the season, but he was one guy that nobody wanted to face this season in the 4th quarter this season. It would be a toss up between Wade or CP3, and it wouldn't bother me if either one of them got first team.

son it should have been Wade and Paul on the 1st team ... never an easy choice, but the numbers don't lie.

BlackSwordsMan
05-13-2009, 07:07 PM
sons when your team is filled with sissy cuckolds who wouldn't even get playing minutes on other teams you tend to get overlooked

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 07:09 PM
If I may copy Findog for a minute

:cry :cry :cry :cry

BRHornet45
05-13-2009, 07:10 PM
sons when your team is filled with sissy cuckolds who wouldn't even get playing minutes on other teams you tend to get overlooked

son that is even more reason why both Wade and Paul should have been on the 1st team .... lolz Kobe will be given pitty votes to the 1st team as long as he is in the NBA. he could miss half the season and would still get voted in.

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 07:11 PM
son that is even more reason why both Wade and Paul should have been on the 1st team .... lolz Kobe will be given pitty votes to the 1st team as long as he is in the NBA. he could miss half the season and would still get voted in.
Not defending Kobe..but he did get second in MVP voting this year...and it's hard for me to feel bad when Tony Parker got jilted and put behind Brandon freaking Roy...

BRHornet45
05-13-2009, 07:13 PM
If I may copy Findog for a minute

LOL son Paul received MORE VOTES THAN DIRK ....

BRHornet45
05-13-2009, 07:14 PM
Not defending Kobe..but he did get second in MVP voting this year...and it's hard for me to feel bad when Tony Parker got jilted and put behind Brandon freaking Roy...

Kobe will always get votes for anything as long as he is in the NBA .... doesn't matter how many shot attempts it takes him to score 25+ and how downright PATHETIC his shooting percentage numbers are ... the media will look past that. He is Kobe. LOL ... he had even worse shooting percentage numbers last year.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 07:14 PM
yeah, that crying thing is getting overused and annoying

PS expecting someone to edit my post to that crying face.

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 07:15 PM
Kobe will always get votes for anything as long as he is in the NBA .... doesn't matter how many shot attempts it takes him to score 25+ and how downright PATHETIC his shooting percentage numbers are ... the media will look past that. He is Kobe. LOL ... he had even worse shooting percentage numbers last year.
I agree...he's Kobe..he'll always get the benefit of the doubt.

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 07:17 PM
CP3 is a mighty fine regular season player.

But in post season he loses to 7th seeded West Virginia, lets Jannero Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots in a game where he goes 2/5 from line, and shoots 41% committing 5 turnovers per game while getting outclassed by Billups, despite constant praise as the best PG in game.

lol @ Cp3

BRHornet45
05-13-2009, 07:21 PM

But in post season he loses to 7th seeded West Virginia, lets Jannero Pargo take 13 4th quarter shots in a game where he goes 2/5 from line, and shoots 41% committing 5 turnovers per game while getting outclassed by Billups, despite constant praise as the best PG in game.

lol @ Cp3

LOL yea son since he is ONLY averaging 22 points and 11 assist in the 2 playoff appearances he has made so far in his career ... including a VICIOUS first round beat down on the Mavericks .... LOLz son. you and your excuses are so weak. MIAMI HEAT BABY! 2006 NBA CHAMPS! .... poor Mavs. talk about having a "mighty fine regular season", only to choke it all away.

endrity
05-13-2009, 07:23 PM
It all comes down to wins man. billups is there instead of deron because of wins, and Kobe is there because of wins. Wade had a brilliant season, can't say anything about him. It's the same reason why I thought Pierce was gonna get it over Dirk.

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 07:26 PM
Big deal, fucking Baron Davis face fucked the Mavs too. Is he an all NBA 1st team player? Is he a playoff performer?

Generally no

CP3 had a fluke series v the Mavs :toast

BRHornet45
05-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Big deal, fucking Baron Davis face fucked the Mavs too. Is he an all NBA 1st team player? Is he a playoff performer?

Generally no

CP3 had a fluke series v the Mavs :toast

LMAO at you son! .... weak! weak!!! son Paul got MORE VOTES THAN DIRK! LMAO .... what a fucking joke he got on the 1st team anyways. Duncan owns him.

kamikazi_player
05-13-2009, 07:29 PM
maybe teammates would have to deal with voting as well. Wade basically has shit as teammates (Jermaine O' Neal, LOL)while Chris Paul has David West and maybe Tyson Chandler that helped the teams succeeding to the playoffs.

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 07:30 PM
CP3 plays along side an "ALl Star" and can only get his team to 49 wins, a 7th seed, a 1st round exit w/ a 121-63 loss?

I think we need to rewrite the book on CP3.

1. DWill
2. Parker
3. CP3

timvp
05-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Yeah, it should have been Wade and CP3. Kobe is arguably a better player but Wade and CP3 had to carry their teams and put up ridiculous stats during the regular season. CP3 had one of the best statistical seasons for a point guard of all-time. Ditto for Wade at the shooting guard position.

Kobe has a far superior supporting cast and thus didn't need to need to go all out during the regular season. If he needed to, he could have led the league in scoring and drained himself to rightfully earn the first team placement. As it was, Kobe should have been second team and CP3 should have been first team.

BRHornet45
05-13-2009, 07:33 PM
cp3 plays along side an "all star" and can only get his team to 49 wins, a 7th seed, a 1st round exit w/ a 121-63 loss?

I think we need to rewrite the book on cp3.

1. Dwill
2. Parker
3. Cp3

rotflmao!!!!

BRHornet45
05-13-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah, it should have been Wade and CP3. Kobe is arguably a better player but Wade and CP3 had to carry their teams and put up ridiculous stats during the regular season. CP3 had one of the best statistical seasons for a point guard of all-time. Ditto for Wade at the shooting guard position.

Kobe has a far superior supporting cast and thus didn't need to need to go all out during the regular season. If he needed to, he could have led the league in scoring and drained himself to rightfully earn the first team placement. As it was, Kobe should have been second team and CP3 should have been first team.

co-sign

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 07:45 PM
If you lose by 58 points on your home court and play like the 2nd best PG in your series committing 5 turnovers per game and shooting 41%

There's really no room to bitch here :)

Kobe's workload was reduced due to his team mates but his team mates are part of the reason he is on the 1st team.

If you're the best player on a 65 win team, you are on 1st team. Period. No questions asked. Same reason Garnett could go from not on any team (bad Minny team in 06-07) to 1st team (66-16 dominant Boston team).

iggypop123
05-13-2009, 07:47 PM
the picks look good to me. there is no controversy

resistanze
05-13-2009, 08:05 PM

lol @ Cp3
That's retarded. I guess you're all for taking back Dirk's MVP and First team selection in 2007 after being facefucked by the Warriors in the first round?

Playoffs should have little to no part in this selection.

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 08:15 PM
That's retarded. I guess you're all for taking back Dirk's MVP and First team selection in 2007 after being facefucked by the Warriors in the first round?

Playoffs should have little to no part in this selection.
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f148/Copper_17/GIF Animations/Gundam_Owned.gif

dirk4mvp
05-13-2009, 08:16 PM
Aw is someone sad? :(

Lars
05-13-2009, 08:36 PM
If I had a vote I would of picked CP3 as my mvp. Players that are trully the most valuable to thier respective teams this year:

Paul > Wade > Parker > Lebron > Kobe

In order of most wins that would be erased if they were not on the team.