PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Glover

kolko
03-26-2005, 01:55 AM
Turkey sandwich: Dion Glover, a first-round pick of Atlanta in 1999, didn't get the opportunity to play against his former team Friday.

He also might not get the chance to play again this season.

Spurs officials were informed Friday that FIBA still considers Glover under contract with Ulker Istanbul of the Turkish Basketball League, voiding his current NBA deal. Ulker supposedly released Glover more than a month ago.

Glover's 10-day contract would have expired today, but Popovich said the team was planning to re-sign him for another 10 days. Because FIBA's offices are closed for the weekend, Spurs officials can't attempt to resolve the situation until Monday.

Glover is remaining in town for now, though the Spurs probably won't wait too long before examining other options.

Link (http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA032605.4C.BKNspurs.brown.174a069d1.html)

Kori Ellis
03-26-2005, 02:12 AM
This is a very interesting situation. I think that Linton was brought off IR today only when they found out that they couldn't use Glover. I wonder how/why the Spurs were under the impression that he was waived when he wasn't. I wonder if the Turkish team didn't do what they needed to do, if it was a mistake by his agent, or what.

ShoogarBear
03-26-2005, 02:45 AM
"Akbar, the Spurs have signed Dion Glover."

"The Spurs? Weren't they they guys who screwed with National Hero Hidayet Turkoglu's psyche last year? Let's fuck with 'em!"

orhe
03-26-2005, 02:50 AM
"Akbar, the Spurs have signed Dion Glover."

"The Spurs? Weren't they they guys who screwed with National Hero Hidayet Turkoglu's psyche last year? Let's fuck with 'em!"

funny shit

alamo50
03-26-2005, 08:22 AM
Damn that sucks for Glover!
I hope it can be worked out on Tuesday.

ChumpDumper
03-26-2005, 10:00 AM
I wonder if the Turkish team didn't do what they needed to do, if it was a mistake by his agent, or what.They probably want a buyout.

SpursWoman
03-26-2005, 10:13 AM
They probably want a buyout.

That was exactly my first thought.

"Payday!" :fro

exstatic
03-26-2005, 10:19 AM
They won't get one, not for a ten day contract. :lol The Spurs will tell them to fuck themselves, and invite him to camp next year.

Hook Dem
03-26-2005, 10:44 AM
They won't get one, not for a ten day contract. :lol The Spurs will tell them to fuck themselves, and invite him to camp next year.
You are correct! Ain't the love of money a bitch?

picnroll
03-26-2005, 10:47 AM
This is the team that kept Golun from going to the Spurs too I think.

A real low class operation. They're costing Glover a lot of playoff money.