PDA

View Full Version : Another "BIG" Question

NewJerSpur
05-13-2009, 08:43 PM
Which one PF/C that was on the 2009 playoff roster do you think will absolutely be back in Silver & Black next season and which one do you think is absolutely gone?

This excludes Tim Duncan btw so as to remove any potential "smartalecky" answer. :p:

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 08:46 PM
I think KT will be back...I think Oberto is gone.

ploto
05-13-2009, 08:47 PM
Back: Bonner
Gone: Oberto

Both unfortunately

NewJerSpur
OOPS, meant 2009 playoff roster. Changed.

raspsa
Agree.Kurt will be back. Oberto's priority should be his health.

timtonymanu
05-13-2009, 09:04 PM
Oberto's out due to health.
Gooden will sign with another team.
KT could stay unless Pop trades him.
Bonner stays only because Pop keeps players like him around.
Mahinmi should stay, most likely will.

montgod
05-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Oberto's out due to health.
Gooden will sign with another team.
KT could stay unless Pop trades him.
Bonner stays only because Pop keeps players like him around.
Mahinmi should stay, most likely will.

I agree with all of these and holding out hope that Bonner just might be included in a trade as well.

Marcus Bryant
05-13-2009, 09:20 PM
Ian Mahinmi.

johnnyblues
05-13-2009, 10:54 PM
Bonner. Pffft.

completely deck
05-13-2009, 11:04 PM
Ian Mahinmi.

Read -> Comprehend -> Post.

There was two questions there.

I honestly am holding out and going to HOPE that Pop/the FO realizes that the league is getting better and it seems like we might be left behind next year. We're missing one or two pieces. A good 4 or 5, and a good 3.

That said, I'll HOPE that (for the sake of the team) Oberto, Bonner are gone. Gooden hopefully stays and familiarizes with the program more, and KT stays. This is what I would hope happen, but knowing Pop/the FO, we've seen some strange things happen.

Ditty
05-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Oberto:gone
KT:stays
Bonner:trade him and a late 2nd round draft pick for a early 2nd round draft pick
gooden:give him bonner's money for one year when he is traded
Mihinmi:stays but will be a 12th man next year

GioSugar
05-14-2009, 04:29 AM
Back: Thomas, Bonner,Mahimmi
Gone: Gooden, Oberto

That's not what i want, but what i believe that finally happen

Bukefal
05-14-2009, 05:39 AM
Oberto will be gone, bonner will be back and i hope gooden stays, but im afraid he wont.

BadOne
05-14-2009, 06:30 AM
Although he's lost a step, Kurt Thomas is still a work horse, and a good defensive vet for the PF/C position. He stays.

Oberto is a team favorite, but let's face it: not an agressive big, and at his age having heart issues? Not a good mix. He should be traded for a future pick or cash or simply retire for his health.

Mahinmi hasn't played for us once this past season. Prior to that, only some garbage time in a few games before being sent to the D-League. I think he'll be given the first half of next season to prove to Pop and the FO why he deserves a roster spot. With that said though, I wouldn't be suprised to see him traded by mid-season before the deadline.

Bonner can shoot the 3...but so can Mason & Ginobili. I don't think the Spurs need a big who can do what their SG's already do for them, yet isn't a great defender or post up player. Because he can shoot the 3, he's a bit more valuable on the trade table.

symple19
05-14-2009, 07:05 AM
BONNER MUST GO - I get sick every time he walks on the court. KT should stay. Gooden is an energetic big man who hustles, so I hope he stays(but prob won't). Oberto gave some good years, but his ticker can't take it anymore, so get rid of him.Mahinmi should get a closer look.

The spurs must get better via free agency, and not just wait until 2010.

Defense wins champioships!!!!!

The Truth #6
05-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Whoever is under contract will return. Whoever isn't won't return. I don't see anyone trying to help the Spurs by taking their trash. We only try to pull off trades right before the trade deadline. I'm not expecting anything to happen. If Oberto leaves it's because he's retiring.

afireinside20
05-14-2009, 08:56 AM
gone:bonner,oberto
stays:gooden,thomas,mahinmi

.......hopefully...

Ocotillo
05-14-2009, 09:04 AM
I think KT will be back...I think Oberto is gone.

agree

spursfan98
05-14-2009, 06:54 PM
Stay: Thomas, Mahinmi
Gone: Oberto (retire) Bonner (trade, hopefully before deadline) Gooden (sign somewhere else for more $$$$)
Please come back Drew