LakerHater
05-13-2009, 11:09 PM
BOLD statement!

Shank
05-13-2009, 11:10 PM
Hes been saying dumb shit all night.

rayray2k8
Lakers look beatable, won't be an easy series for them, but even if they do get by denver, the cavs will be waiting for them.

peskypesky
he picked them before the dallas series to win it all

sweet

rayray2k8
05-13-2009, 11:11 PM

He said Denver would finish off Dallas, so I guess he's not that dumb after all, huh?

IronMexican
05-13-2009, 11:12 PM

:lmao

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 11:13 PM
It's all about matchups

Just don't see the matchups favoring Denver. AND they don't have home court. Who is gonna guard Kobe? If Bynum finds his pulse he should have a field day. I do not think they can guard Gasol. Lakers can match the offensive firepower of the Nuggets, who looked like an okay but not great defensive team this series.

Spursfan092120
05-13-2009, 11:13 PM
I dont see anyone closing the Lakers out. Our team is tough this year in important games.
Have to agree with that. You guys were ridiculous in Game 5. Denver will be a LOT tougher than Houston, but I give you the edge.

iggypop123
05-13-2009, 11:17 PM
this team hanst faced a team with an inside presence yet. the key to the series will be the 3. if the nuggets live by the 3 they will win, but if they start to die they will go down fast

DDS4
05-13-2009, 11:39 PM
On paper, the Lakers should be favored over the Nuggs, but the Nuggs are simply playing at a higher level right now.

Other than Pau and Kobe, the other players have been woefully inconsistent.

Avitus1
05-13-2009, 11:41 PM
Barkley isn't exactly known for his accuracy.

gameFACE
05-13-2009, 11:42 PM
The Nuggets big men will be able to hang with the Lakers big men. They're playing tougher and they're more athletic. Let Kobe do whatever he wants.

LakerHater
05-13-2009, 11:45 PM
Can't yall just hear all the Kobe in Colorado talk!!!!?

It's gonna get real ugly!

SouthTexasRancher
05-13-2009, 11:46 PM
hope he's right...

go Nuggets!

As much as everyone on the planet would love to see it happen, David Stern will make sure it doesn't. Stern has a girlieman-crush on Kobe.

Spur-Addict
05-13-2009, 11:47 PM

I hope you're right.

turiaf for president
05-13-2009, 11:48 PM
denver is tough but i think lakers match up better. they have trouble with fast pg's. fish is strong enough to match up with billups. wild card will be jr smith. if he contines to shoot out of his mind, lakers will have a tough time in the next round

Ghazi
05-13-2009, 11:57 PM
The Nuggets big men will be able to hang with the Lakers big men. They're playing tougher and they're more athletic. Let Kobe do whatever he wants.

allowed almost 107 PPG v Mavs, not really "tough".

Ghazi
05-14-2009, 12:02 AM
cavs d > rockets d

SouthTexasRancher
05-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Denver is in trouble.

Sort of like 'the trouble' the Fakers will be in if they get past the Nuggets and have to face the Cavs!!!

Capt Bringdown
05-14-2009, 12:03 AM
Only the Lakers and Celtics have responded in the playoffs. The Cavs and Nuggets haven't really been challenged yet.

I think we'll see a repeat of last year's finals matchup with LA taking the title.

mavs>spurs2
05-14-2009, 12:04 AM
It's probably best that the Lakers have homecourt, we don't need Kobe being accused of any more rapes in Colorado :lol

Jacob1983
05-14-2009, 12:22 AM
Sorry Chuck but David Stern has already said that the Lakers are going to come out of the West.

kamikazi_player
05-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Chauncey and Anthony will get injured next round, leaving the Lakers beating yet another injured team on their way to the finals.

SouthTexasRancher
05-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Chauncey and Anthony will get injured next round, leaving the Lakers beating yet another injured team on their way to the finals.

That is the way the Fakers always do it. Their opponents get 1 or 2 key players injured and the Fakers move on. Luckiest team in all of sports.

Killakobe81
05-14-2009, 12:30 AM
DO not count out the Celts ...they are playing with heart guts and smarts ..and if tehy can force a game 7 I would not be shocked if they beat the Cavs they are proven in game 7's the Cavs are not ...

Jacko
05-14-2009, 02:00 AM
Matchups matter more than how well a team is currently playing.

BOS looked like shit all the way until the Finals and ripped LAL a new one in Game 6. Why? Because of the matchups.

The Nuggz are an interesting team, but they will always fold when the the going gets tough. This is George Karl, Carmelo, Martin, and the rest of the Thuggettes we're talking about here. I don't give a shit what Chauncey does, he ain't gonna control all of those morons.

Allanon
05-14-2009, 02:51 AM
I expect the Lakers to throw away a game but will close out the Nuggz in 5.

Kobe's seen the best defenders he's gonna see this year in Battier/Artest, it's gravy from here.

angelbelow
05-14-2009, 03:07 AM
we'll see, this should be a fun series.

spurscenter
05-14-2009, 05:38 AM
Denver is easily scoring 100 pts

and have 2 players that can give them star calls, which they need vs. Lakers

I take Denver too in 6

DeadlyDynasty
05-14-2009, 06:24 AM
denver is tough but i think lakers match up better. they have trouble with fast pg's. fish is strong enough to match up with billups. wild card will be jr smith. if he contines to shoot out of his mind, lakers will have a tough time in the next round

This is where I disagree...LA matches up very well with Denver EXCEPT at the PG. Billups should have a field day in this series, but I don't see anyone else on the Nuggs really going off. I would not be surprised if Kobe got the assignment to guard Billups, with Ariza on Melo and Bynum/Odom and Gasol on Martin and Nene. Fisher would be on Jones, which is a more favorable matchup for LA. First things first though...gotta beat Houston and escape injury-free for this series:toast

Gervin44Silas13
05-14-2009, 06:35 AM
I dont see anyone closing the Lakers out. Our team is tough this year in important games.

Sorry...Lakers WILL NOT win the title Denver is Physical this year...the Lakers are SOFT. The Cavs have alot of intensity...
there is alot of turmoil behind the locker room with that team that we don't know.

If the LA LA's lose look 4 the raper to bitch about how he can't win without Shaq.

Fuck you Jerry Buss
and fuck you Jerry West
and Fuck David Stern...that fixer!

Def Rowe
05-14-2009, 06:45 AM

Oh man. I didn't even think about that. That could get pretty nuts. :lol

Capt Bringdown
05-14-2009, 07:24 AM
Denver should try to intimidate Gasol as Boston did last year. But I could see this strategy backfiring with a bunch of silly fouls and techs.

gameFACE
05-14-2009, 07:55 AM
allowed almost 107 PPG v Mavs, not really "tough".
I never said anything about their defensive. Respectively speaking they're tougher than Gasol and Odom. Definitely Gasol. Bynum isn't playing all that well right now.

DrHouse
05-14-2009, 08:05 AM
There is a very specific blueprint to beat the Lakers.

1. Have elite defenders and team defense that can stop Kobe and make him take tough contested jumpshots.
2. Body up on Odom and Gasol with strong powerful bigs.

DEN certainly does not have #1 and it's questionable that they even have #2 since they lack a true C. The Lakers have outrebounded the Nuggets in every single game this season. Throw a halfway decent Bynum into the mix and I don't expect this team to be much trouble.

Besides, we have the Carmello stopper on our team. Luke Walton. Seriously, he plays some of the best D on Carmello I've ever seen.

florige
05-14-2009, 08:13 AM
I'm standing by my prediction that Denver is coming out of the West. And if LA does beat them, there is no way in hell it will be in 5 games. Carmello is changed and is not all about himself anymore which really boads bad for the Lakers. Denver in 6.

pauls931
05-14-2009, 09:17 AM
The Nuggz are an interesting team, but they will always fold when the the going gets tough. This is George Karl, Carmelo, Martin, and the rest of the Thuggettes we're talking about here. I don't give a shit what Chauncey does, he ain't gonna control all of those morons.

Do you just post here without watching any of the games?

That said, I give LA the edge with homecourt and Gasol. Kobe and Gasol are a match made in hell for the rest of the league. However... Houston proved that LA's defense is not great.

urunobili
05-14-2009, 09:23 AM
In between Andersen, Nene and K-Mart Gasol will be slowed down dramatically... but there is no KB24 stopper on the Nugs... Lakers in 6

Jose Ole
05-14-2009, 09:25 AM
After watching their play towards the end of the season and throughout the playoffs, its obvious that the Nuggets are no longer the "Thuggets." Chauncy brought class to a team with wasted talent and now these guys are serious title contenders. I think Barkley is barking up the right tree with this one. The Lakers are a great team as well, so it's going to be a long, hard and physical series. I'm just glad the Spurs can still say they own them in the playoffs because even I'll admit, they would have knocked us out in 5 or less if we would have had to face this team. The Nuggets are my pick right now for going all the way!

KSeal
05-14-2009, 09:30 AM
In between Andersen, Nene and K-Mart Gasol will be slowed down dramatically

Didn't Pau drop 36 and 14 on that same front court the first game against the Thuggets last post season? Not trying to defend Pau's softness and knack to disappear but I remember him doing well last year against the Thuggets.

benefactor
05-14-2009, 09:32 AM
This series may very well come down to home court. The Lakers are going to get raped and pillaged at the rim and Kobe is basically going to get whatever he wants. Both team are in the top 3 in steals, so it could be an ugly series from a turnovers perspective. LA will be more battle tested as they will be coming out of a tough series with Houston, but they will have to play better defense as they will be dealing with an offensive team that is equal or possibly a little better than them. Denver will probably need to concede that they have no answer for Kobe and spend more time protecting the rim and making LA into a jump shooting team.

It's a toss up. Denver is playing better but LA has home court. Denver has been almost indestructible at home...only losing 2 games there since the end of January. LA winning both opening games at home is much more important this series than it was versus Houston. If LA wins all their home games and it goes to 7, then I think they win it. If they drop one and face elimination in Denver, then they lose in 6.

Ghazi
05-14-2009, 09:51 AM
Pau wouldn't be slowed down at all.

Lakers front court is massively superior. When you think about it the Nuggets do not have any TRUE centers on their roster.

Gasol will have a field day

LO I would THINK would have a field day

Bynum would too if he found his pulse.

The Nuggets are being massively overrated right now. They are a good team but I would be shocked if they won it all. I give them a 10% shot v the Lakers and a 5% shot against the Cavs. Doing the math here that's about a 1 in 200 chance of winning it all ;)

poop
05-14-2009, 10:00 AM
if its close, look for key calls/no-calls to go LA's way.

TheMACHINE
05-14-2009, 10:05 AM
oh man...the Spurs fans logic convinced me...Denver's defense is better then Houston, Lakers are small and cant hang with the Birdman, home court doesnt matter and Denver easily scores 100 points and the Lakers dont.

Nuggets in 4.

DrHouse
05-14-2009, 10:06 AM
Denver is a good young team. Chauncey has massive playoff experience. They will be a tough opponent no doubt and they certainly can win the series.

If the Lakers bring their A game though, forget about it. Nobody can hang with them when they bring out 100% effort for the full 48. The question is can and will LAL do that?

DrHouse
05-14-2009, 10:07 AM
oh man...the Spurs fans logic convinced me...Denver's defense is better then Houston, Lakers are small and cant hang with the Birdman and home court doesnt matter.

Nuggets in 4.

I know. Why are we even gonna play the series, the Lakers have no chance.

Nuggets will sweep them. :lmao

Red Hawk #21
05-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Nuggets Can BEAT the Lakers. But I think we'll se some 2002 kings style screwing of the Nuggets though.

Banzai
05-14-2009, 10:37 AM
Have to agree with that. You guys were ridiculous in Game 5. Denver will be a LOT tougher than Houston, but I give you the edge.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/bitchslap_2.gif (http://www.threadbombing.com/details.php?image_id=1363)

monosylab1k
05-14-2009, 10:40 AM
If the Nuggets play focused & cocky like they have been, they can definitely win this series.

Problem is, they have the collective focus of a 6 year old, and get unraveled easily. Mark Cuban singelhandedly got the Mavs a win by distracting the entire Nuggets team for one game. If the Lakers can get in their heads, they can make this a quick series.

Ghazi
05-14-2009, 10:43 AM
If the Nuggets play focused & cocky like they have been, they can definitely win this series.

Problem is, they have the collective focus of a 6 year old, and get unraveled easily. Mark Cuban singelhandedly got the Mavs a win by distracting the entire Nuggets team for one game. If the Lakers can get in their heads, they can make this a quick series.

Smush fucking Parker would look focused and cocky against trash defenses like New Orleans and Dallas.

Denver isn't even good, all they did was outscore Dallas, they didn't even play good defense. Let's see them try to outscore the best offensive team in the NBA.

jmanu20
05-14-2009, 10:53 AM

The only thing Mark Cuban singlehandedly did was guarantee a loss in Denver with his behavior back in Dallas and his assumption in his fake apology blog. He had nothing to do with that game 4 win......the Mavs only won by TWO points, WITHOUT Birdman. Had Birdman played, Dirk probably doesn't go off for 44 and the Mavs would have been swept.

Ghazi
05-14-2009, 10:55 AM
Birdman has 2 or 3 solid defensive possessions against Dirk over the whole series and is suddenly considered a Dirk stopper.

jmanu20
05-14-2009, 10:56 AM
Pau wouldn't be slowed down at all.

Lakers front court is massively superior. When you think about it the Nuggets do not have any TRUE centers on their roster.

Gasol will have a field day

LO I would THINK would have a field day

Bynum would too if he found his pulse.

The Nuggets are being massively overrated right now. They are a good team but I would be shocked if they won it all. I give them a 10% shot v the Lakers and a 5% shot against the Cavs. Doing the math here that's about a 1 in 200 chance of winning it all ;)

Sure, the Nuggets don't have a true center. However, they do have a little bit more height than the Rockets do without Yao and Dikembe. Between Nene, K-Mart, and Birdman, there will be bodies to throw at both
Bynum and Gasol. Gasol has played alright, LO hasn't been much of a factor vs. the Rockets, and Bynum has been non-existent.

If the Lakers come into the WCF overconfident, they are going to get killed.

jmanu20
05-14-2009, 10:59 AM
Birdman has 2 or 3 solid defensive possessions against Dirk over the whole series and is suddenly considered a Dirk stopper.

No one said he was a Dirk stopper, but since he didn't play Game 4, which the Mavs won by only 2 points, he probably could have swatted 1 or 2 of Dirk's shots back. Even if Dirk only scored 41 points instead of 44, they don't win Game 4.

So Birdman is not a Dirk stopper per se, but he does make him take more difficult shots.

jmanu20
05-14-2009, 11:02 AM
There is a very specific blueprint to beat the Lakers.

1. Have elite defenders and team defense that can stop Kobe and make him take tough contested jumpshots.
2. Body up on Odom and Gasol with strong powerful bigs.

DEN certainly does not have #1 and it's questionable that they even have #2 since they lack a true C. The Lakers have outrebounded the Nuggets in every single game this season. Throw a halfway decent Bynum into the mix and I don't expect this team to be much trouble.

Besides, we have the Carmello stopper on our team. Luke Walton. Seriously, he plays some of the best D on Carmello I've ever seen.

Please, it will probably be Ariza guarding Carmelo most of the time, and that's a pretty bold statement praising Walton's game, considering like 90% of posts about Walton by Lakers fans on this board talk about what complete garbage he is. And now he's suddenly a Carmelo stopper? :lmao

KSeal
05-14-2009, 11:26 AM
Oddly enough I think it was Vlade who put the clamps on Melo last year, maybe it was the other white dude Walton, I don't remember. Walton is trash though and if he can stop Melo that's news to me but that's beyond the point because Ariza will be the one guarding him every second of the series and he should fair pretty well. He won't shut him down but he will definitely do a good job on him.

Fillmoe
05-14-2009, 11:28 AM
I guarantee Denver beats LA

Flux451
05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
I think Laker and Nuggets match up will be the best series of the playoffs.

Shank
05-14-2009, 11:31 AM
Who, exactly, is going to guard Kobe?

TheManFromAcme
05-14-2009, 11:32 AM
:p:
Sorry...Lakers WILL NOT win the title Denver is Physical this year...the Lakers are SOFT. The Cavs have alot of intensity...
there is alot of turmoil behind the locker room with that team that we don't know.

If the LA LA's lose look 4 the raper to bitch about how he can't win without Shaq.

Fuck you Jerry Buss
and fuck you Jerry West
and Fuck David Stern...that fixer!

:nope

The funny thing about your comment regarding Jerry West is that MR. WEST adorns your sweaty, grungy filthy Spurs Jersey.

TheManFromAcme
05-14-2009, 11:33 AM
I guarantee Denver beats LA

Still sour after all these years are we? :blah

Banzai
05-14-2009, 11:51 AM

Dante Jones.

pauls931
05-14-2009, 12:04 PM
Home court will be what saves LA. Denver has to steal one on the road. The only way they can do this is by having an exceptional defensive game.

Blake
05-14-2009, 12:07 PM
barkley is an attention whore

Sportstudi
05-14-2009, 12:11 PM
He said Denver would finish off Dallas, so I guess he's not that dumb after all, huh?

Yes, but sometimes he says crap as well. He and the other members from TNT complained about Dirk's performances against Denver. At the end of the series, Dirk averaged:
FG: 53,4 %
3P: 38,5 %
FT: 91,9 %

PPG: 34,4
RPG: 11,4
APG: 4,0

That is nothing but damn impressive.

Sportstudi
05-14-2009, 12:12 PM
As much as everyone on the planet would love to see it happen, David Stern will make sure it doesn't. Stern has a girlieman-crush on Kobe.

Yes, exactly. Stern will make sure that LA plays against Cleveland in the finals.

JustBlaze
05-14-2009, 12:18 PM
barkley is an attention whore
Why you stating the obvious?

Anyways, I'd like to thank that fat ass for jinxing us.:bang

TheMACHINE
05-14-2009, 12:29 PM
Yes, exactly. Stern will make sure that LA plays against Cleveland in the finals.

i hope thats true. go stern!

Morg1411
05-14-2009, 12:30 PM
It's a daunting task to knock off the Lakers, but I'm cheering for the Nuggets all the way. It's nice to see my hometown team playing so well in the post season for a change -- if there was a year they could pull it off, this might be it.

peskypesky
05-14-2009, 12:32 PM
this is going to be an interesting series. it really could go a lot of ways. i want the Nuggets to upset, and there's a chance they will, as they seem to be firing on all cylinders right now...but the Lakers are formidable, to say the least.

i'm hoping for a great series from Chauncey Billups. the guy is just a fantastic floor general with the passion and bball IQ to get wins. he knows how to make his team-mates better, but if he needs to, he'll generate points himself. he's got Championship experience so he'll have no nerves on the big stage.

Denver has a couple of very good bigs with Nene and KMart, but I fear that might be enough height and muscle to contend with the LA front-court. the bench is thin when it comes to big men.

so we'll see. should be fun.

peskypesky
05-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Why you stating the obvious?

Anyways, I'd like to thank that fat ass for jinxing us.:bang

this whole "jinxing" thing is retarded.

JustBlaze
05-14-2009, 12:34 PM
JR will lock him up like he did last game in Denver.:king

JustBlaze
05-14-2009, 12:35 PM
this whole "jinxing" thing is retarded.
When's the last time Barkley predicted anything that became true? Never

Allanon
05-14-2009, 12:44 PM
JR will lock him up like he did last game in Denver.:king

You're not talking about that blowout game a couple of weeks ago where Kobe torched Dahntay/J.R for 33 points on 58% shooting are you?

JustBlaze
05-14-2009, 12:53 PM
You're not talking about that blowout game a couple of weeks ago where Kobe torched Dahntay/J.R for 33 points on 58% shooting are you?
No, I'm talking about the game where he went 10-31 from the field. 0-6 from downtown and ultimately lost the game for his team in Denver thanks in much part to his chuckery.

benefactor
05-14-2009, 01:01 PM
Another thing that factors into this is bench play. The Lakers second unit cannot get destroyed like they did many times by the Rockets second unit. Someone will have to step on on the second unit when Kobe is not on the floor to keep the Nuggets stable of athletes from running them out of the building.

j.dizzle
05-14-2009, 02:03 PM
:lol This is thread is funny. If the Lakers get by Houston (most likely) it'll be a good series against Denver. Much props to Denver for playing well & getting this far, but LA can forfeit all the games in Denver & still win this series. I understand Houston won a game in LA but Denver has a horrrrrrible record at staples. Carmelo plays like shit against Luke Walton for some reason & Jones & Smith will get abused by KB24. If Artest & battier are letting kobe go off for 30-40 pts in games, then these chumps will be getting lit up on a regular basis. :toast I also see a grip of Denver Technicals coming up from Kenyon, Jones, Smith..actually their whole damn team haha..They will fold when they feel real pressure

JustBlaze
05-14-2009, 02:13 PM
:lol This is thread is funny. If the Lakers get by Houston (most likely) it'll be a good series against Denver. Much props to Denver for playing well & getting this far, but LA can forfeit all the games in Denver & still win this series. I understand Houston won a game in LA but Denver has a horrrrrrible record at staples. Carmelo plays like shit against Luke Walton for some reason & Jones & Smith will get abused by KB24. If Artest & battier are letting kobe go off for 30-40 pts in games, then these chumps will be getting lit up on a regular basis. :toast I also see a grip of Denver Technicals coming up from Kenyon, Jones, Smith..actually their whole damn team haha..They will fold when they feel real pressure
Bring it, we don't fear Chokebe, Gasoft, nor Lamar Odumb. And I'm laughing at the notion that somehow Puke Walton has and will continue to shut Melo down. What's next? Dumbo gon' shut Billups down too now? :lol

Spursfan092120
05-14-2009, 02:19 PM
He predicted the Spurs to win the title in 2005 :)

JustBlaze
05-14-2009, 02:23 PM
He predicted the Spurs to win the title in 2005 :)
The guy flip flops a lot. I remember both he and Screamin A. Smith chose Denver to win it all last year at the beginning of the year, but then later changed their minds.

Crookshanks
05-14-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure the Nuggets are good enough to beat the Lakers, but they're good enough to really beat them up in this series. And that will help the Cavs finish them off!

jacobdrj
05-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Melo Vs. LeBron.
Ben Vs. Chauncy.
Comebacks. Trades. Management. Good storylines. I think DS would be pleased with a Cavs Nuggets Finals...

j.dizzle
05-14-2009, 02:56 PM
Bring it, we don't fear Chokebe, Gasoft, nor Lamar Odumb. And I'm laughing at the notion that somehow Puke Walton has and will continue to shut Melo down. What's next? Dumbo gon' shut Billups down too now? :lol

Thats fine..Im not saying Walton will continue shutting him down but even you know Melo has always been a non factor vs LA for the most part. Phil Jackson will own George Karl like usual & Karl will take it like a sore loser cuz the Lakers also dropped his son haha.To be honest a yao-less Rocket team scares me more then Denver because they play tougher defense on Kobe. Kobe will have a field day verse Denver & everyone knows it. I cant wait to see Jones & JR Smith trying to act hard when KB continues to drain 20 footers. Denver hasnt faced any adversity so far so I am very anxious to see how they react if they go down 0-1 or 0-2:toast

Allanon
05-14-2009, 02:56 PM
No, I'm talking about the game where he went 10-31 from the field. 0-6 from downtown and ultimately lost the game for his team in Denver thanks in much part to his chuckery.

Ah, you're talking about the game way back in February. If you want to talk about the entire season, the Lakers were 3-1 vs the Nuggets.

But actually, I was talking about the beatdown the Lakers put on the Nuggets just a couple of weeks ago.

That was the game where Kobe scored 33 points in 34 minutes on 58% shooting against Dahntay and JR.

Ghazi
05-14-2009, 02:57 PM
I just saw a black bitch wearin a Nuggets jersey

What should I do?

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2009, 03:00 PM

All of his pessimistic Suns predictions have ALWAYS turned out true. It's frustrating cause I used to think he was just hating on them because of how bitter his relationship with the Colangelos was at the time of his trade, but it really was an honest view that generally turned out right.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2009, 04:04 PM
And IMO this series goes to 7 and the Lakers win it. There's still this crazy (in a bad way) aspect to Denver that can come out.

Sportstudi
05-14-2009, 04:05 PM
As I wrote earlier, I think that LA and Cleveland are going to play in the Finals. Stern loves Kobe to death and he will make sure that LA will face Cleveland. I would be really surprised if that doesn't happen.

However, Stern will face one big problem. If Kobe loses, many people will call him soft and that he can't win anything without having Shaq. If LBJ loses, that would harm his marketability (another finals loss; moreover, he's the reigning MVP). Either way, Stern is f***ed. :lmao

DeadlyDynasty
05-14-2009, 04:10 PM
As I wrote earlier, I think that LA and Cleveland are going to play in the Finals. Stern loves Kobe to death and he will make sure that LA will face Cleveland. I would be really surprised if that doesn't happen.

However, Stern will face one big problem. If Kobe loses, many people will call him soft and that he can't win anything without having Shaq. If LBJ loses, that would harm his marketability (another finals loss; moreover, he's the reigning MVP). Either way, Stern is f***ed. :lmao

No if Lebron losses then he'll go to NY and we'll have Lakers-Knicks finals for the next few years...wet dream for Stern and the networks!!!

Man you people truly are pathetic...the Spurs won 4 NBA titles in the last 10-11 years. There is no conspiracy, shut up and grow the fuck up

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2009, 04:12 PM

This whole WWE thing is getting really annoying. If you think the NBA is rigged, then don't watch it.

TheMACHINE
05-14-2009, 04:16 PM

I hope you're right and Stern pays off the refs. I would love the no talent Lakers to be in the Finals.

iggypop123
05-14-2009, 04:23 PM

you mean the second night of a back to back in denver? when they arrived at 5 am?they dont get that advantage anymore.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2009, 04:24 PM
I hope you're right and Stern pays off the refs. I would love the no talent Lakers to be in the Finals.

Yeah seriously Kobe would suck without Stern. All those ridiculous fade-aways that go in when Battier's hand in right in his face, Kobe isn't making them. Stern is using a telekinetic force to guide them in the basket.

The Laker and Cavaliers would have both gone 0-82 without Stern.

Sportstudi
05-14-2009, 04:27 PM
Yeah seriously Kobe would suck without Stern. All those ridiculous fade-aways that go in when Battier's hand in right in his face, Kobe isn't making them. Stern is using a telekinetic force to guide them in the basket.

I have never said that LA and Cleveland don't have talent. They're playing good basketball and have truly superstars with Kobe and LBJ.

JoeTait75
05-14-2009, 04:29 PM
This whole WWE thing is getting really annoying. If you think the NBA is rigged, then don't watch it.

05-14-2009, 04:29 PM
i'm still waiting for the inevitable nuggets meltdown. especially between jr smith and george karl. you know it's coming.

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2009, 04:32 PM
i'm still waiting for the inevitable nuggets meltdown. especially between jr smith and george karl. you know it's coming.

That's why I'm still picking LA. Even without A.I. you still get the sense that Melo, Karl, JR Smith, and Kenyon Martin have been saying and doing the right things for way too long.

Sportstudi
05-14-2009, 04:35 PM
What makes me think is the whole reffing during the playoffs. And no, I'm not referring to the not given call against the Nuggets in game 3. I mean in overall. Honestly, I can't remember when there were so many discussions about the reffing and the inconsistency concerning calls. Sure, that does not for sure imply that the NBA is rigged, but it makes you at least to think about it.

TheMACHINE
05-14-2009, 04:35 PM

I dont think Stern is superhuman man...you're way out of line. Im just saying that the ball has a magnet inside it that only activates when the Lakers have the ball.

Sportstudi
05-14-2009, 04:36 PM
That's why I'm still picking LA. Even without A.I. you still get the sense that Melo, Karl, JR Smith, and Kenyon Martin have been saying and doing the right things for way too long.

I agree. Denver is playing on an incredible level right now. Don't know if they can hold it.

DeadlyDynasty
05-14-2009, 04:38 PM
I dont think Stern is superhuman man...you're way out of line. Im just saying that the ball has a magnet inside it that only activates when the Lakers have the ball.

and Stern and his stooges activate that magnet:rollin

JoeTait75
05-14-2009, 04:39 PM
What makes me think is the whole reffing during the playoffs. And no, I'm not referring to the not given call against the Nuggets in game 3. I mean in overall. Honestly, I can't remember when there were so many discussions about the reffing and the inconsistency concerning calls. Sure, that does not for sure imply that the NBA is rigged, but it makes you at least to think about it.

Could just mean there are a lot of shitty officials in the NBA. That's the simplest explanation, and the simplest explanation is usually the best one.

DeadlyDynasty
05-14-2009, 04:40 PM
Could just mean there are a lot of shitty officials in the NBA. That's the simplest explanation, and the simplest explanation is usually the best one.

yup, It's no secret that the NBA has forever been the worst officiated sport

TheMACHINE
05-14-2009, 04:42 PM
and Stern and his stooges activate that magnet:rollin

yah man...they watch from the booth and activate it when needed. Like that one shot Farmar did to beat the buzzer...Stern forgot to turn it off. He was like "oops".

Allanon
05-14-2009, 04:43 PM

Well, if it's the reffing it's more like Stern is trying his hardest to make sure the Lakers DON'T make it to the Finals. Lakers just ain't getting the love.

Even with HCA, the Laker Opponents have shot more Free Throws than the Lakers in 6 out of 10 games.

DeadlyDynasty
05-14-2009, 04:44 PM
yah man...they watch from the booth and activate it when needed. Like that one shot Farmar did to beat the buzzer...Stern forgot to turn it off. He was like "oops".

:lol

now if Vujacic's shots start falling then i'll jump on the conspiracy bandwagon too

DUNCANownsKOBE2
05-14-2009, 05:08 PM
I agree. Denver is playing on an incredible level right now. Don't know if they can hold it.

They've always been a great team on paper IMO so playing at this level doesn't surprise me I just get a bad sense that those personalities have meshed well for too long and it's bound to fall apart. Maybe I'm wrong though and it really was A.I. causing all those problems.

Amaso
05-14-2009, 05:19 PM
Barkley is pure comedy relief.

JustBlaze
05-14-2009, 11:17 PM
you mean the second night of a back to back in denver? when they arrived at 5 am?they dont get that advantage anymore.

Denver also played 2nd night of a back2back in their most recent loss to LA. Also, K-Mart didn't play in that game. I'm sorry, but you guys aren't going to get that type of advantage anymore as well.

spurscenter
05-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Its all about star calls.

Billups and Melo vs. Kobe and Gasol

evens out.

Its all about FTA and ref's momentum calls

Utah and Rockets have 0 star calls