PDA

View Full Version : Does Roxfan Stay or Go?

mavs>spurs2
05-14-2009, 12:28 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126211

Discuss

Ghazi
05-14-2009, 12:28 AM
Go

kamikazi_player
05-14-2009, 12:29 AM
How about we stick to one thread puto

Roxsfan
05-14-2009, 12:29 AM
Make it a poll with the following choices

stay

ban till Oct.

perma-ban

LakerHater
05-14-2009, 12:30 AM
How is he goin back on a bet!!?????

What if Houston wins in 7???!???

All this talk is a wasta time!

BUMP
05-14-2009, 12:31 AM
Just perma-ban cause he's a douchebag. Didn't even read the thread

Rogue
05-14-2009, 12:32 AM
IP ban

timvp
Stay.

RsxPiimp
nigga must stay.

Roxsfan
05-14-2009, 12:34 AM
Just perma-ban cause he's a douchebag. Didn't even read the thread

cool, that's what I'm hoping for, to go down in a blaze of glory..........

http://images.easyart.com/i/prints/rw/lg/3/3/Maxi-Posters-Scarface--Say-Hello-To-My-Little-Friend--330593.jpg
http://s.bebo.com/app-image/7925436711/5411656627/PROFILE/i.quizzaz.com/img/q/u/08/04/11/scarface_2.jpg

timvp
05-14-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm going to lol if Kobe catches a case before Game 6.

mavs>spurs2
05-14-2009, 12:37 AM
I'm going to LOL if he stays because some people are douchebags and the ban vote is split

Roxsfan
05-14-2009, 12:40 AM
Good night peeps.

I have to get up at the crack of Dawn:lmao :rolleyes
http://img0.gmodules.com/ig/cache/ab/72/ab72b3c6b6d0ddf2f2c93a1a63b9aac7.png

balli
05-14-2009, 12:41 AM
I feel like he lost the bet, but at the same time I don't think he should follow through on it if he doesn't want to. I wouldn't. But then again I wouldn't make such a dumb bet in the first place.

Still, it's not like we're talking about money and/or something that matters one iota.

mavs>spurs2
05-14-2009, 12:42 AM
I really don't care if he stays either

mavs>spurs2
05-14-2009, 12:42 AM
It's my poll and I say temporary should be up to my interpretation. Temporary = a week

pawe
05-14-2009, 01:00 AM
If he can get a high score on any of the arcade games, I say the bet is off and he can stay.

Cry Havoc
05-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Perhaps next time you'll be wise enough to specify what constitutes as "farther" in the playoffs.

If a team goes to the Finals and loses in 7, that's a massive difference than being swept. No one would consider that the "same result", and it's up for debate on "how far they went".

Lars
05-14-2009, 01:28 AM
both go

Indazone
05-14-2009, 01:29 AM
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/uploads/forums/ban-him.jpg

For making such a dumb bet in the first place :lol

NewJerSpur
05-14-2009, 01:29 AM
Does "farther" really need to be specified? You advance in rounds as opposed to advancing in games. How much you advance (within rounds) is how "far" you go. T-Mac doesn't feel any better in any of the series he lost because he won more games in one of them as opposed to another and his teams' progress has been judged as such.

YellowFever
05-14-2009, 01:36 AM
Roxfan is not on my list of cool Rocket fans on this board.

However, technically the 6th game of the second round is going further than the 5th game of the second round.

By your logic it mean the Lakers went just as far as the Celtic did last year because both teams made it to the finals.

Kai
05-14-2009, 01:46 AM
lol @ permaban.

NewJerSpur
05-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Roxfan is not on my list of cool Rocket fans on this board.

However, technically the 6th game of the second round is going further than the 5th game of the second round.

By your logic it mean the Lakers went just as far as the Celtic did last year because both teams made it to the finals.

Damn this is like a bad episode of L.A. law....or rather a good episode of Night Court :lol.

If you have a bracket and two teams are locked in a series, do you move one team (represented by a name/logo) closer to the next platform (round) because they won a game or do you keep them in the same spot until they win the series and advance further?

I'm not saying Roxfan should go, but I don't think the wager is as complicated as it is being made out to be.

NewJerSpur
05-14-2009, 02:11 AM
And I don't think the Lakers'/Celtics series can hold ground in this case because the Mavs and Rockets weren't going to meet in the Finals which is the only time comparing the progress of two teams game-by-game to settle the bet would be necessary.

mavs>spurs2
05-14-2009, 02:19 AM
What a dramatic turn of events from the other thread. In there Roxfan was standing all alone, now he's winning the poll.

ginobili's bald spot
05-14-2009, 02:24 AM
Gtfo

Cry Havoc
05-14-2009, 02:33 AM
Damn this is like a bad episode of L.A. law....or rather a good episode of Night Court :lol.

If you have a bracket and two teams are locked in a series, do you move one team (represented by a name/logo) closer to the next platform (round) because they won a game or do you keep them in the same spot until they win the series and advance further?

I'm not saying Roxfan should go, but I don't think the wager is as complicated as it is being made out to be.

But that's your definition of farther.

Simply put, the Rockets are still playing. The Mavs are not. That is farther, no matter if you're going by rounds, points, or piddlywinks. Do you really think a team that gets swept in a round is the same as a team that gets taken 7 games before losing? "But they're still out of the playoffs!" you might say. Well, so is every team until the championship.

It's something that should have been absolutely specified beforehand, and they both failed to do so.

Not to mention the fact that the Rockets HAVE NOT LOST YET. In any case, you're wrong for completely jumping the gun on a team that still has a chance to go the the WCF.

NewJerSpur
05-14-2009, 02:42 AM
But that's your definition of farther.

Simply put, the Rockets are still playing. The Mavs are not. That is farther, no matter if you're going by rounds, points, or piddlywinks. Do you really think a team that gets swept in a round is the same as a team that gets taken 7 games before losing? "But they're still out of the playoffs!" you might say. Well, so is every team until the championship.

It's something that should have been absolutely specified beforehand, and they both failed to do so.

Not to mention the fact that the Rockets HAVE NOT LOST YET. In any case, you're wrong for completely jumping the gun on a team that still has a chance to go the the WCF.

Again, I don't think so. What I should have done was relegated my original question to this particular series rather than generalize it. Going "far" implies movement, movement=advancement in this case. If one team loses by less games than the other in the same round they may have OUTLASTED the other team, but they didn't ADVANCE FARTHER than them. IF the Rockets lose in game 6, both teams would have made it to the same plateau in their travels: the 2nd round.

mavs>spurs2
05-14-2009, 03:03 AM
Why are people still arguing this after the man himself admitted defeat and wanted to keep the bet? Anyway, I don't really care if he's gone, I don't really hold a grudge over a messageboard to the point where I want someone banned, unless youre a douche like atxrocker.

Many PackYao
05-14-2009, 03:07 AM
I think the terms should have been better specified, but technically the Mavs season ended before the Rockets' season. I pick he stays.

YellowFever
05-14-2009, 03:11 AM
Again, I don't think so. What I should have done was relegated my original question to this particular series rather than generalize it. Going "far" implies movement, movement=advancement in this case. If one team loses by less games than the other in the same round they may have OUTLASTED the other team, but they didn't ADVANCE FARTHER than them. IF the Rockets lose in game 6, both teams would have made it to the same plateau in their travels: the 2nd round.

Hey, I'm just using the same standard as every sports league, professional or otherwise, and that's by counting the wins and losses of each team.

Mavs have 1 win and 4 losses.

Houston has 2 wins and 3 losses.

By the most basic definition, Houston went further because they are still in the playoffs and Dallas is not.

If you're correct, what's the point of keeping the records of every team that did not make the playoffs?

True, these two guys were not specific as to the bet but using the most basic definition of the word "further" you gotta say Roxfan wins this bet.

Rappin' Shaq
05-14-2009, 03:28 AM
Temp ban this sorry mothafucka right now
The Cockets aint winnin that series no how
Shoulda known what he was gettin into in the first place
Yo, Roxsfan, tell me how my ass taste!

Rappin Shaq's Agent
05-14-2009, 03:30 AM
Temp ban this sorry mothafucka right now
The Cockets aint winnin that series no how
Shoulda known what he was gettin into in the first place
Yo, Roxsfan, tell me how my ass taste!

^What he said.

Beastie Boys Robot
05-14-2009, 03:33 AM
Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic Intergalactic Planetary Planetary Intergalactic

Beastie Boys Robot
05-14-2009, 03:34 AM
Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension

Spursfan092120
05-14-2009, 04:02 AM
The last I checked, we can't even talk about banning him until the series is over.

Rogue
05-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension Another Dimension
This troll should be the first to GTFO

florige
05-14-2009, 08:04 AM
:lol Now we are going to have to start writing up two page contracts here right before we make bets on ST.

Cry Havoc
05-14-2009, 12:36 PM
Why are people still arguing this after the man himself admitted defeat

really? The Rockets are still playing. I find that interesting.

Blake
05-14-2009, 03:13 PM
stays.

BlackSwordsMan
05-14-2009, 03:16 PM
why isn't permaban both an option?

La Peace
05-14-2009, 03:47 PM
lol, love that song.

leemajors
05-14-2009, 04:00 PM
forum bets are made to be welched on.

manufan10
05-14-2009, 04:24 PM
This troll should be the first to GTFO

+1.

I vote stays. If the parameters of the bet aren't even clear, why should the bet still be in place?

Blake
05-14-2009, 04:26 PM
mavs>spurs needs to go.

Roxsfan
05-14-2009, 06:11 PM

You need 100% of 4 games to advance

Mavs had 25%
Rox have 50%

50% >25% or said another way, farther along to the goal of 100% or 4 games.

The #s don't lie.

:lol Now we are going to have to start writing up two page contracts here right before we make bets on ST.

LOL

Hey, I'm just using the same standard as every sports league, professional or otherwise, and that's by counting the wins and losses of each team.

By the most basic definition, Houston went further because they are still in the playoffs and Dallas is not.

If you're correct, what's the point of keeping the records of every team that did not make the playoffs?

True, these two guys were not specific as to the bet but using the most basic definition of the word "further" you gotta say Roxfan wins this bet.

sweet!

Why are people still arguing this after the man himself admitted defeat and wanted to keep the bet? Anyway, I don't really care if he's gone, I don't really hold a grudge over a messageboard to the point where I want someone banned, unless youre a douche like atxrocker.

I was just being open to your point of view.

B/c terms were not stated clearly, the bet is deemed null and void.

Kori Ellis
05-14-2009, 06:15 PM
I vote Roxsfan stays and you just make fun of him (I still can't believe you are a guy -- I always thought you were a teenager girl) every time he posts.

BUMP
05-14-2009, 06:17 PM
Feed him to the Lions!!!

http://www.nachtkabarett.com/ihvh/img/christians_fed_to_the_lions.gif

Roxsfan
05-14-2009, 06:23 PM
I vote Roxsfan stays and you just make fun of him (I still can't believe you are a guy -- I always thought you were a teenager girl) every time he posts.

Yeah, I'm a teenage lesbian:lmao , check out my sig.

Anyway, can you

Change my screen name to to Rocket Man

thanks.

GuerillaBlack
05-14-2009, 06:28 PM
Yeah, I'm a teenage lesbian:lmao , check out my sig.

Anyway, can you

Change my screen name to to Rocket Man

thanks.

I don't think that will make her not believe you're a teenage girl.

;)

:toast

Roxsfan
05-14-2009, 06:30 PM
I don't think that will make her not believe you're a teenage girl.

;)

:toast

that's not why I'm asking.

I asked her to change it a year ago and she never replied to my PM.

mouse
05-14-2009, 06:32 PM
If he stays his screen name must be added to the Taprk and Suqu D bag list of posters who re-nigged on a bet.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18939

T Park

If the Spurs win the championship, wich they arent....
I will not post for 1 whole year.

The day the Spurs win, wich they wont cause they dont want to, I will stop posting, and will stay away for

1 whole year.

That simple.

mouse
05-14-2009, 06:35 PM
the aftermath

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20020

Roxsfan
05-14-2009, 06:40 PM
If he stays his screen name must be added to the Taprk and Suqu D bag list of posters who re-nigged on a bet.

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18939

the terms were not clarified before hand bro, slow your roll bro, slow your roll.

mouse
05-14-2009, 08:10 PM
The truth is brah no matter what you decide your still going to be known as someone who weasels out of situation. I say man up, retire your screen name and just create another one. You can have one of my other two screen names if you like. It's not like anyone really knows who the real Roxsfan is, you could be coach Pop as far as anyone knows.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p55/RackTheMouse/RTM-3/pop-seat.jpg

duncan228
05-14-2009, 08:12 PM
You can have one of my other two screen names if you like.

:lol

td4mvp21
05-14-2009, 08:15 PM
I honestly think he should stay. Technically, the Rockets did go farther than the Mavs; however, I think Roxfan needed to specify in the bet that they were going by games/dates rather than just rounds. Misunderstanding.

Last Comic Standing
05-14-2009, 08:15 PM
mouse is duncan288 still available?

BlackSwordsMan
05-14-2009, 09:10 PM
Rockets went further than dallas does this mean m>S is gone?

NewJerSpur
05-14-2009, 09:11 PM

The purpose of winning is to ADVANCE. How far you go comes down to how far you advance (distance). Winning games allows you to move that distance if you win enough games to advance. If you don't win enough in a series you do not advance. How many people when describing how far their team goes in the playoffs say, "My team made it to 3 games" if their team loses in the 1st round? Not that many if any that I've ever spoken to.

The records for the regular season is a wash in this debate as well. Why? Because two teams can finish with the exact same record but have different seedings within their division. If they made a bet regarding their teams' standings at the end of the season then the wins and losses would make a difference. In the playoffs though you might win more games than another team and still go just as FAR as them.

NewJerSpur
05-14-2009, 09:16 PM
You need 100% of 4 games to advance

Mavs had 25%
Rox have 50%

50% >25% or said another way, farther along to the goal of 100% or 4 games.

The #s don't lie.

Again, if you have a bracket set up neither team goes ANYWHERE if they don't win the series. You need 4 games to win, but if you don't win 4 games you aren't going anywhere, hence no advancement.

mavs>spurs2
05-14-2009, 09:31 PM
^ Exactly. Anyway, Rockets are winning!! :lol

Brazil
05-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Stay !

05-14-2009, 10:41 PM
Don't leave just change screen name. :tu