PDA

View Full Version : Nuggets will take Lakers in 6

Mavs<Spurs
05-14-2009, 05:40 AM
After watching the Western Conference playoff games so far, it is pretty clear that the Nuggets are playing better basketball than the Lakers and are the better team.

LA has been extremely inconsistent during the playoffs. They have lost games that should not have been close. Odom is injured. Bynum has mostly been a non-factor in the postseason. The second unit for the Lakers has not played well. The defense and 3 point shooting percentage of the Lakers has been radically inconsistent. Phil Jackson has lost before when he had the more talented team (Pistons beat the Lakers).

Nuggets are great at turning teams over and the Lakers can fall victim to that. Nuggets are extremely athletic and score easily. The Nuggets have the better second unit. Chauncey has really turned this team around. His leadership, intelligence, and abilities as a lead point guard have made this team a legitimate championship caliber team. Nuggets have proven that they can win on the road.

I think that the Nuggets will win 1 of the first two games and close the series out in 6.

The Nuggets single biggest weakness is that they can play dumb at times; however, the addition of Chauncey Billups at point guard has minimized that tendency.

:toast

Ghazi
05-14-2009, 05:55 AM
It is not clear Denver is a better team.

It is clear they're up against inferior competition.

I doubt Denver would look AS good against Utah (better than NO) and Houston (better than Dallas).

Boston was inconsistent before ECF last year.

Denver's defense does not impress me and for the most part they didn't shut down Dallas, they simply outscored them.

LA is the best offense in the NBA so I have difficulty imagining them outscoring them 4/7 times.

KSeal
05-14-2009, 05:58 AM
It is not clear Denver is a better team.

It is clear they're up against inferior competition.

I doubt Denver would look AS good against Utah (better than NO) and Houston (better than Dallas).

Boston was inconsistent before ECF last year.

Denver's defense does not impress me and for the most part they didn't shut down Dallas, they simply outscored them.

LA is the best offense in the NBA so I have difficulty imagining them outscoring them 4/7 times.

Unlike the person who started this thread, you know what you're talking about.

Ghazi
05-14-2009, 06:07 AM
Forgot to throw in home court for Lakers as well.

Nuggets are a shot and bad call away from only being up 3-2, which would make them 7-3 in the playoffs, which would be the same record as the "inconsistent" Lakers.

yeah... know the Mavs lost, but I just don't come away impressed with Denver as far as being a contender is concerned. Not good defensively, over reliant on fast break points, seemingly shooting absurd 3P% which should cool with law of averages eventually. I think they're more lucky than good, kinda like last years New Orleans Hornets.

Spur-Addict
05-14-2009, 06:31 AM
The only thing which should be in question in regards to the Nuggets is whether or not that front court will show up. If they show up, they'll have a chance, if they give a piss poor punk effort, they'll get killed. They have a diverse set of guards with a better starting and reserve point guard duo than L.A. The Lakers have better 2/3 spots, but Lamar has been known to disappear. Who knows if that back will act up or not. I'm willing to say the way Carmelo is playing that it's a push at the three in regards to overall depth.

Denver PGs>L.A PGs

Denver SGs<L.A SGs

Denver SF=L.A SFs (While it can be argued LA has more depth, i'm not sure they are as consistent as they should be for this to take effect yet. Carmelo is playing top notch.)

Bigs??? (Pau for the field day?)

Bottomline:

Melo must have a great series, Dante Jones must be a defensive factor and their bigs must show.

Capt Bringdown
05-14-2009, 07:21 AM
Perhaps Denver has the best shot against them. LA is the better team obviously, but Denver has the energy and confidence to cause them a little trouble.

However, if Denver gets caught up trash-talking and officiating dramas, they don't have a chance.

lebomb
05-14-2009, 07:23 AM
I see it going 7 with the Lakeshow taking it. Then the Lakers will feel the wrath of :king James

Cleveland in 7.