PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk about Linton Johnson III

whottt
03-26-2005, 03:09 AM
My take:

2 seconds after this guy came into the game I liked him and decided I don't want to see him put back on the IR again for his Spurs career...See ya Mass. RC definitely had his A game going when he picked this guy up.

He's got offensive issues but he gets after IT on D and as long as he doesn't try to score in any way shape or form...or even dribble the ball, this guy could be a huge plus for us on the defensive side of the ball. This guy could very well be the eventual replacement for Bruce...he's got the skills. And he can definitely match up with Rashard Lewis and McGrady and the like.

I am officially signing off on this guy after tonights game. Defensive Stud.

ShoogarBear
03-26-2005, 03:11 AM
Good. Then you can replace your Sato avatar.

whottt
03-26-2005, 03:13 AM
Sato stays until the O'Brien Trophy is in our hands or our season ends...I can't change it now. It'd be like trading Malik Rose in the middle of a title run.

Tek_XX
03-26-2005, 03:14 AM
I'm not that impressed, he didn't have much of an impact, at least on this game.

SequSpur
03-26-2005, 03:15 AM
A few minutes against the Hawks at home and we need to discuss?

uh... okay.....

I am quite sure he is better than Rasho. But that ain't saying much.

timvp
03-26-2005, 03:15 AM
I wasn't overly impressed with The Third. I liked his size and quick feet on defense, but his offense is horrible. He can't dribble and I know he can't shoot.

I really liked him in summer league but you can tell he's still nursing his ankle. He wasn't moving as well nor jumping as well as he was this summer.

But you are right in saying he can play the long threes. I think he can do a good job ... as long as he sticks to corner threes on the offensive end :)

Kori Ellis
03-26-2005, 03:17 AM
I don't think you can judge much from this performance because he was very tentative on his ankle. But I think he's a good defender and rebounder. I think on offense, he has a lot of work ahead of him. He doesn't have much at all and his mechanics are horrible.

His airball was pretty sweet though. :)

whottt
03-26-2005, 03:19 AM
A few minutes against the Hawks at home and we need to discuss?

uh... okay.....

I am quite sure he is better than Rasho. But that ain't saying much.

Don't hedge...either hate now or forever hold your peace.

Tek_XX
03-26-2005, 03:20 AM
Sequspur do you really think Johnson is better than rasho? cuse he ain't

whottt
03-26-2005, 03:24 AM
I liked what I saw from him on D period..he knows why he is on this team...He didn't look tentative to me but I still take it as a positive if he was...that means he'll get even better.

As for his offense...it's bad I agree...I don't even want to see him dribble the ball...just get it and carefully hand it to someone with better handles...like Rasho...or Pop.

I guess I wasn't that disappointed in his offense because his offensive stats suck to begin with and that was the biggest knock on him all season...I still think he has value to put on a guy like McGrady or Lewis if they get in a zone where no one can stop them....it's kinda unfair to expect Bruce to stop McGrady because McGrady is so much taller.

I also like his hustle...at least he seemed to be hustling to me...we need that on this team right now. I definitely like him better than Glover for some reason, dunno why.

Spurbanana
03-26-2005, 03:29 AM
If SequSpur said Rasho was better than somebody, he'd explode into a fireball.

TDMVPDPOY
03-26-2005, 04:35 AM
even rasho can shoot better then teabag, hope tea-man can get more minutes in the final games of the regular season.

mattyc
03-26-2005, 05:52 AM
Baby steps.

Nikos
03-26-2005, 06:55 AM
His airball was pretty sweet though. :)

:lmao

wildbill2u
03-26-2005, 11:12 AM
As for his offense...it's bad I agree...I don't even want to see him dribble the ball...just get it and carefully hand it to someone with better handles...like Rasho...or Pop.

I guess I wasn't that disappointed in his offense because his offensive stats suck to begin with and that was the biggest knock on him all season.

I also like his hustle...at least he seemed to be hustling to me...we need that on this team right now...

Talk about how the talent pool has declined with the addition of so many teams! There was a time in the NBA when professional players were REQUIRED to be able to dribble competently and play both ends of the court with professional skills. They were the best of the best, not just taller versions of pick-up game playground players.

One dimensional players were shown the door. And hustle was EXPECTED from everyone--it didn't win you a seat on the bench of a professional team and the salary that goes with it.

pjjrfan
03-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Yeah, right away I was looking at how he was running, he had no problem defensively moving his feet, but running up and down the court, you could see he was favoring his ankle, he was running like he was afraid to get hurt, although he seemed to jump and move lateraly very well, I think Pop is right on in saying he needs to gain confidence in his hurt ankle. But I like what I saw also, he looks like a guy who will push people around and stay in front of them without no problem, I like his size also.

picnroll
03-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Guy ran down the court like Rodman with that high knee kick.

I can dream this guy would become a sane Rodman-type player. Looks like he already has Rodman's offensive game down.

texbumTHElife
03-26-2005, 02:47 PM
I havent gotten to see this guy at all. Do you guys think he compares to Pietrus when he first came into the league who has since developed some offense?

Rick Von Braun
03-26-2005, 02:56 PM
The Spurs only need him to provide good D (in particular against long SFs), and rebounding. That's all.

Next season we could expect more improvement from him.

TDfan2007
03-26-2005, 03:42 PM
My take:

2 seconds after this guy came into the game I liked him and decided I don't want to see him put back on the IR again for his Spurs career...See ya Mass. RC definitely had his A game going when he picked this guy up.

He's got offensive issues but he gets after IT on D and as long as he doesn't try to score in any way shape or form...or even dribble the ball, this guy could be a huge plus for us on the defensive side of the ball. This guy could very well be the eventual replacement for Bruce...he's got the skills. And he can definitely match up with Rashard Lewis and McGrady and the like.

I am officially signing off on this guy after tonights game. Defensive Stud.

Best part is, he won't jack a shot up every time he touches the ball like Bruce. :elephant

Spurbanana
03-26-2005, 05:03 PM
Best part is, he won't jack a shot up every time he touches the ball like Bruce. :elephant

Uh????

Cant_Be_Faded
03-26-2005, 05:07 PM
You guys dont know what youre talking about.

LJ3 is the freaking bomb. He owned whoever he was guarding and all he has to do is practice like 1000's of threes in the offseason and he will be bruce's replacement...

Ed Helicopter Jones
03-26-2005, 05:31 PM
Sato stays until the O'Brien Trophy is in our hands or our season ends...I can't change it now. It'd be like trading Malik Rose in the middle of a title run.

:lol

Ok, that was actually funny.