PDA

View Full Version : How big

I. Hustle
05-14-2009, 08:45 AM
would this be? When ‘Melo and LeBron came into the league everyone made a big deal about the both of them. It was supposed to be them going head to head for the NBA crown. Of course LeBron turned out to be the better of the two but what if they end up playing each other in the finals. Would that turn that ‘Melo/LeBron stuff back on?
I just think it would be weird to see Denver vs. Cleveland for the title. It just doesn’t sound right to me.

stretch
05-14-2009, 08:48 AM
it would sound weird, but keep in mind, when they both came into the league, they were already being hyped up as the next Magic/Bird rivalry.

id still rather see kobe and bron go at it, but a bron/melo matchup would seem intriguing, except for the fact that the Cavs would probably sweep the Nugs.

siopaoboi
05-14-2009, 09:11 AM
no disrespect to LBJ, he's really good or possibly the greatest in the league now, but bron and wade has had the easier conference to work with. i dont know how to really factor it in, but i would think melo has had tougher competition over the course of his career. (not saying melo is better though, i do agree lbj is the more superior now, but i just think the huge difference in how the public perceives them is just blown out of proportion a bit)

pauls931
05-14-2009, 09:13 AM
I never watched denver much until recently, mostly to see birdman. I knew melo was good, but DAMN he's good. Sorta like a slightly less athletic Lebron that doesn't pass the ball as well.

I. Hustle
05-14-2009, 09:21 AM
Yeah it's kind of weird. I don't like 'Melo at all because I think he is an idiot but the dude can ball.

endrity
05-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Melo has taken his time to get here compared to the other 2003 draftees. He probably deserved ROY, but after that he never had as big of an impact. First Wade emerged in 05, and then won the title in 06. And then LeBron got the Cavs to the finals in 07. Ever since everybody talked only about LeBron, Wade, and of course Kobe.

To a lot of people Kobe v. LeBron this year was gonna be like MJ v. Magic in 1991. I hope it does happen though, so they can settle on the court once and for all who is better. But seeing Melo finally grow up gives a lot of joy to me, it means some strong rivarlies will emerge really soon.

siopaoboi
05-14-2009, 09:42 AM
well melo have those on court and off the court issues didnt help him as well. so that may have been a big factor on why he's lagged a bit to his batchmates.

Darrin
05-14-2009, 10:38 AM
Screw Melo/Lebron. If we're going to re-hash 2004, I want to see Ben Wallace versus Chauncey Billups!

KSeal
05-14-2009, 10:42 AM
If we're looking for big story lines and epic matchups there is no bigger one in LA vs. Cleveland, Shannon Brown returning to Cleveland in full force against the team that drafted him and then threw him to the curb. Now THAT is must watch TV.

JoeTait75
05-14-2009, 10:46 AM
If we're looking for big story lines and epic matchups there is no bigger one in LA vs. Cleveland, Shannon Brown returning to Cleveland in full force against the team that drafted him and then threw him to the curb. Now THAT is must watch TV.

If only the Lakers still had Smush and Chris Mihm. Two more compelling storylines right there.

lefty
05-14-2009, 10:48 AM
I thought it was a thread about Glen Davis's ass

IronMexican
05-14-2009, 11:56 AM
I've always liked Caremello's game. It was about time he got his head out of the gutter.

Blake
05-14-2009, 11:57 AM
LeBron has put the team on his back and flew them all to the ECF.

Melo is good, but the difference is that the nugs are more talented 1-12 and the 2009 Billups is clearly superior than the 2009 Iverson.

+1 on "I'd rather see Lebron vs Kobe than LeBron vs Melo."