PDA

View Full Version : Suspect surrendered on the ground is kicked in face by police

MaNuMaNiAc
05-14-2009, 11:08 AM
2MdAQWhc8tg

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 11:12 AM
I saw that this morning and that was just totally uncalled for. The suspect was laying on the ground with hand spread out. But I told the wife, "After a chase the cop is pissed and did what I would probably due" but as a cop it was wrong.

FaithInOne
05-14-2009, 11:16 AM
If the motherfucker didn't want to get kicked, he should not have driven 80mph into oncoming traffic endangering innocent people.

They should just shoot these idiots once they capture them as a future deterrent.

That hi-five was pretty gay though.

Cry Havoc
05-14-2009, 11:24 AM
As opposed to the thread I started, where a man was slammed to the ground and tasered for doing NOTHING wrong, this guy is a total asshole.

You can't run from the cops, drive against the flow of traffic, endanger the lives of hundreds of people, and then be all, "Oh I give up I'll go peacefully!" when you can't run any farther.

That's such a bitch move, and I have no sympathy for this guy. He's not a law-abiding citizen and did a thousand things wrong, far worse than the pastor in the other thread.

angrydude
05-14-2009, 11:24 AM
eh, not really the end of the world. I'm sure this happens a lot but just isn't caught on camera.

Let the guy sue if he's that pissed off and see how far he gets.

spurster
05-14-2009, 12:44 PM
It probably ruins any court case against him.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 12:45 PM
As opposed to the thread I started, where a man was slammed to the ground and tasered for doing NOTHING wrong, this guy is a total asshole.

You can't run from the cops, drive against the flow of traffic, endanger the lives of hundreds of people, and then be all, "Oh I give up I'll go peacefully!" when you can't run any farther.

That's such a bitch move, and I have no sympathy for this guy. He's not a law-abiding citizen and did a thousand things wrong, far worse than the pastor in the other thread.

Wrong. The guy was wrong but regardless it doesn't give the cop the right to kick him in the head when he is down and not resisting. It was also a bitch move by the cop.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-14-2009, 01:02 PM

hmm... yes, you can. Funny how you were all up in arms about rights in the other thread, and now you come out with this shit. He gave up. Its not for the cop to apply the punishment, and that kick had nothing to do with getting the suspect into custody. The cop was pissed and decided to kick a man in the face because of it! NOT acceptable police behavior.

Its not about sympathy. If the cop wants to act like that, then give up the fucking badge and do something else. Being a cop comes with responsabilities. If the dude had been resisting arrest, I can understand the cop using violence, but to kick a man in the face when he's lying down and given up...

P.S. Before any idiots start claiming I condone what that douchebag who was running did, let me be very clear, I don't. I just don't condone what that idiot cop did either.

Cry Havoc
05-14-2009, 01:06 PM
hmm... yes, you can. Funny how you were all up in arms about rights in the other thread, and now you come out with this shit. He gave up. Its not for the cop to apply the punishment, and that kick had nothing to do with getting the suspect into custody. The cop was pissed and decided to kick a man in the face because of it! NOT acceptable police behavior.

Its not about sympathy. If the cop wants to act like that, then give up the fucking badge and do something else. Being a cop comes with responsabilities. If the dude had been resisting arrest, I can understand the cop using violence, but to kick a man in the face when he's lying down and given up...

P.S. Before any idiots start claiming I condone what that douchebag who was running did, let me be very clear, I don't. I just don't condone what that idiot cop did either.

You're mistaking me. I agree with you, what the cop did was excessive.

My point is that I'm not going to get up in arms about it.

One kick is still a violation of rights, but I still have little sympathy for this individual.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 01:08 PM

I concur.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-14-2009, 01:08 PM
You're mistaking me. I agree with you, what the cop did was excessive.

My point is that I'm not going to get up in arms about it.

One kick is still a violation of rights, but I still have little sympathy for this individual.

I see. Ok, then yeah, we're in agreement.

FaithInOne
05-14-2009, 05:21 PM
He should have flipped him over and stomped on the dudes bawls instead.

Cops see people mauled into pieces daily from traffic accidents. That was justice imo.

You can't follow it up with a high-five though. That's crossing the line.

smeagol
05-14-2009, 05:25 PM
I have no sympathy for the dude . . .

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 05:27 PM
I don't have sympathy for the guy either but I do respect the law.....you all do remember the law right?

chode_regulator
05-15-2009, 12:25 AM

YOu're still a hypocrite though. That pastor was just ONE man. Same as this was just ONE kick.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2009, 01:39 AM
YOu're still a hypocrite though. That pastor was just ONE man. Same as this was just ONE kick.

:rolleyes

antimvp
05-15-2009, 06:03 AM
Lapd-1

DarrinS
05-15-2009, 07:15 AM
Well, he's not black, so I guess there won't be any riots.

urunobili
05-15-2009, 12:06 PM
no surprise there... they cop hit the shots he had to :wakeup

he probably will end up in jail and the criminal free and with his 401k...

jack sommerset
05-15-2009, 12:21 PM
You know, I don't think the officer did anything wrong here. Gave him a quick boot to the head, make sure he was not going to try anything sneaky, the guy did just did risk lives driving all over the place, then the officer handcuffed the dude.

jack sommerset
05-15-2009, 12:27 PM
A guy breaks in to ur house you can kill the mother fucker and you have no clue if he is planning on hurting you. If some dude walks into my house I probably going to shoot first. The cop is chasing down a thief, I'm sure criminals have acted as if they are surrendering only to fight back when the cop gets closer to him. This pig was playing it safe. Letting him know he does not want any tricks. What if the cop tasered him when he got there? Would you guys be cool with that?

Yonivore
05-15-2009, 12:31 PM
I think the suspect almost got what he deserved.

Now, the cop will probably get what he deserves.

It's a win-win for society. The only thing that would have made it better is if the suspect had suffered a compression fracture of the cervical spine with complete displacement of the spinal cord. Damn, that was a hard kick to the top of the noggin'.

The cop probably wouldn't be in anymore trouble than he is already and, well, that fucker wouldn't be driving his Grandma's Delta 88 into oncoming traffic anymore...in addition to whatever other crimes he's committed; he could have laid in a bed on a respirator or died right there.

This cop is probably done, career-wise, and may even be headed to jail. But, that's where idiot cops who take pot shots belong...off the street or in jail.

jack sommerset
05-15-2009, 12:36 PM

It's a win-win for society. The only thing that would have made it better is if the suspect had suffered a compression fracture of the cervical spine with complete displacement of the spinal cord. Damn, that was a hard kick to the top of the noggin'.

The cop probably wouldn't be in anymore trouble than he is already and, well, that fucker wouldn't be driving his Grandma's Delta 88 into oncoming traffic anymore...in addition to whatever other crimes he's committed; he could have laid in a bed on a respirator or died right there.

This cop is probably done, career-wise, and may even be headed to jail. But, that's where idiot cops who take pot shots belong...off the street or in jail.

I don't think he will lose his job. Again I hate bad cops but if this is the only smudge on his record, the cop, I doubt he will get canned. I very well could be wrong on this.

Yonivore
05-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I don't think he will lose his job. Again I hate bad cops but if this is the only smudge on his record, the cop, I doubt he will get canned. I very well could be wrong on this.
Yeah, I think you are. It looks like the suspect was a minority so, there'll be a whole community up in arms demanding his head on a stake.

The city will give it to them.

jack sommerset
05-15-2009, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I think you are. It looks like the suspect was a minority so, there'll be a whole community up in arms demanding his head on a stake.

The city will give it to them.

Yeah, you are probably right.

Yonivore
05-15-2009, 12:57 PM
Yeah, you are probably right.
It's still the cop's fault. He knows the helicopter is capturing the entire episode.

Lose your head with someone who deserves to get their ass kicked, you're liable to lose it on someone who doesn't.

Cry Havoc
05-15-2009, 01:06 PM
Yoni's takes on this thread are surprisingly spot on. ;)

I kid, I kid.

Yonivore
05-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Yoni's takes on this thread are surprisingly spot on. ;)

I kid, I kid.
About me being "spot on" or about it being "surprising?"

Oh, Gee!!
05-15-2009, 02:28 PM
any good cop knows you wait until the perp is in the jail parking lot before you smack him around; that way you can call it resisting arrest much easier.

JoeChalupa
05-15-2009, 02:35 PM
any good cop knows you wait until the perp is in the jail parking lot before you smack him around; that way you can call it resisting arrest much easier.

Yup, tell them to kick off their shoes and then beat them to a pulp.

DarrinS
05-16-2009, 08:36 AM
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef0115708b8514970b-pi

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2009/05/the-kick-deliver-by-an-el-monte-police-officer-to-the-head-of-a-car-chase-suspect-laying-on-the-ground-at-the-ending-of-a-tel.html

The kick to the head delivered by an El Monte police officer to a car-chase suspect lying on the ground at the end of a televised high-speed pursuit was a legally justified “distraction blow," an attorney for the police union said today.

Dieter Dammeier, attorney for the El Monte Police Officers Assn, said the officer acted within his training and department policy when he delivered the kick.

“Unfortunately these things never look good on video. Sometimes officers have to use force when dealing with bad guys,” said Dammeier. “The officer initially came upon the suspect alone. The suspect hadn’t been searched and was a parolee and a gang member. The individual officer saw some movement. He feared the parolee might have a weapon or be about to get up. So the officer did what is known as a distraction blow. It wasn’t designed to hurt the man, just distract him."

El Monte officers, he said “are trained to deliver a distraction blow to stop a [suspect] doing what they planning on doing.”

The decision by the officer to kick the head of a suspect who was surrendering has been criticized by use-of-force experts. Samuel Walker, a criminology professor at the University of Nebraska, called the kick to the head "unprovoked and unnecessary . . . It's one of the worst incidents of this kind that I've seen." The incident began Wednesday afternoon when gang officers recognized a man they believed was a gang member driving a Toyota. They were trying to determine if the car was stolen when the driver committed an unspecified traffic violation.

Richard Rodriguez sped off, blowing through stop signs and running red lights at speeds reaching 80 mph, even attempting to elude authorities by driving on the opposite side of the road and on a sidewalk full of pedestrians, said department spokesman Ken Alva.

Video shows Rodriguez being kicked in the face after he had put his hands up and fell to the ground with his arms above his head. Two officers are seen in news footage giving each other high-fives. Alva said investigators are also examining the actions of a second officer, who used a plastic flashlight to subdue Rodriguez.

-- Richard Winton

Marcus Bryant
05-16-2009, 08:59 AM
The 'wars' on drugs and gangs have become quite profitable. I wouldn't expect those to end anytime soon.

As for this incident, can they both lose? Speeding the wrong way down a residential street certainly is not consistent with the public welfare. Then again, neither is cops kicking suspects in the head when they already have them in a prone position and have a gun on them.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-16-2009, 09:07 AM

Pretty darn accurate

MaNuMaNiAc
05-16-2009, 09:12 AM
The suspect hadn’t been searched and was a parolee and a gang member. The individual officer saw some movement. He feared the parolee might have a weapon or be about to get up. So the officer did what is known as a distraction blow. It wasn’t designed to hurt the man, just distract him."

Bullshit! anyone who has watched that video knows that kick was meant to hurt the crook. Distraction blow my ass. The dumbass felon got less than what he deserved, but this cop is a moron.

boutons_deux
05-16-2009, 09:22 AM
"distraction blow" ? GMAFB :lol

lawyering is a scumbag profession, just a notch below Wall Streetering.

Cry Havoc
05-16-2009, 11:47 AM
About me being "spot on" or about it being "surprising?"

The surprising part. haha.

Yonivore
05-16-2009, 01:09 PM
The surprising part. haha.
Just wanted to be clear.

ElNono
05-17-2009, 12:04 AM
The only thing that bothers me is that this gang bitch will probably walk free because of the cop's stupidity. :td

Obstructed_View
05-18-2009, 08:13 AM
People who run from the cops should be treated like someone running down the street firing a gun.

Slydragon
05-18-2009, 08:34 AM
Had he hit a car and killed some children when he was on the wrong side of the rode this thread would be in the club and full of "burn that mofo alive" and so on.

Fuck that guy, had you been driving with your family and all of a sudden he comes toward you and you move to avoid it, I bet you would feel like turning around and kicking his head.

ElNono
05-18-2009, 08:53 AM
Fuck that guy, had you been driving with your family and all of a sudden he comes toward you and you move to avoid it, I bet you would feel like turning around and kicking his head.

I believe only the police is allowed to apply a 'Distraction Blow(TM)'

TheProfessor
05-18-2009, 10:31 AM
"distraction blow" ? GMAFB :lol

lawyering is a scumbag profession, just a notch below Wall Streetering.
You disgust me. Far more than people I disagree with ideologically on this site. If you were ever caught in a compromised position, I'm sure you would cry and beg for the best legal representation possible, as would anyone. That lawyer is doing his fucking job.

Bigzax
05-18-2009, 10:48 AM
i got no problem with it...

whottt
05-18-2009, 11:10 AM
Cop was 100% in the wrong to do that. As Spurster mentioned, it hurts the case against him. It also makes people less trusting and less willing to stop running from cops in the future, and it also makes cops look bad. This entire incident was much more hurtful to law enforcement officers than it was the criminal.

Cops are held to a higher standard of conduct(and they should be given the responsibilities they are entrusted with)...Cop was 100% in the wrong.

Even if the guy had been blasting people with a sawed off shotgun, the Cop was still in the wrong.

Bukefal
05-18-2009, 04:36 PM
I can understand the cop in doing this, its just a situation thing, caught in the moment, then people do such stuff. But he shouldnt have, at such a position you cant. The suspect was surrendering, it was unnecessary.