PDA

View Full Version : more real estate advice....

CharlieMac
05-14-2009, 01:10 PM
The wife and I are almost done with our divorce. We are looking at selling, and we already have a buyer. Its a relative of hers. I realize you don't do business with relatives but she really likes the house and we both really want it sold. What realtor or company would any of you recommend? I'm fairly lost with where to even begin because I'm worried about someone screwing us over. We simply want it sold for what is left on the mortgage?

CosmicCowboy
05-14-2009, 01:18 PM
The wife and I are almost done with our divorce. We are looking at selling, and we already have a buyer. Its a relative of hers. I realize you don't do business with relatives but she really likes the house and we both really want it sold. What realtor or company would any of you recommend? I'm fairly lost with where to even begin because I'm worried about someone screwing us over. We simply want it sold for what is left on the mortgage?

If you already have a buyer you don't need a realtor...Any reasonable business attorney should be able to handle it...but why do you just want to dump the house for no profit? That doesn't make a lot of sense.

clambake
05-14-2009, 01:19 PM
if the mortgage is more than the house is worth.......then good luck.

PM5K
05-14-2009, 01:20 PM
Not doing business with relatives don't really apply to buying a house unless you were to owner finance or something, otherwise relatives and Joe Schmoe off the street sign the same paperwork relative or not.

BacktoBasics
05-14-2009, 01:22 PM
If you already have a buyer you don't need a realtor...Any reasonable business attorney should be able to handle it...but why do you just want to dump the house for no profit? That doesn't make a lot of sense.Listen to this richer.

Mugshot
05-14-2009, 01:23 PM
If you already have a buyer you don't need a realtor...Any reasonable business attorney should be able to handle it.

+1

Find a real estate attorney to take care of it. They really don't charge that much and you will save thousands.

CharlieMac
05-14-2009, 01:46 PM
If you already have a buyer you don't need a realtor...Any reasonable business attorney should be able to handle it...but why do you just want to dump the house for no profit? That doesn't make a lot of sense.
well she and I haven't really paid much off to be honest. We have only had the. House 4 years and mos has gone towards interest. Plus her relative is retiring and I don't wanna jack up the price. Truthfully we just want it off our credit so we can both move on with our lives.

Dark Gable
05-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Best of luck.