PDA

View Full Version : Paul Newman was Bi?

JudynTX
05-14-2009, 04:07 PM
:depressed

Paul Newman has been 'outed' from beyond the grave by Marlon Brando, according to writer Darwin Porter's scandalous new book on the late movie legend.

Porter interviewed Brando about Newman before the acting great died in 2004 - and he was stunned with what the heavyweight star let slip. In his book, "Paul Newman: The Man Behind The Baby Blues," he quotes Brando as saying, "He never fooled me. Paul Newman had just as many on-location affairs as the rest of us, and he was just as bisexual as I was. But, where I was always getting caught with my pants down, he managed to do it in the dark."

Porter tells the Globe he has been tracking Newman's secret sexual encounters since he met the actor in 1959 and alleges in his new book the late star, who was happily married to actress Joanne Woodward for 50 years, bedded icons like Grace Kelly, Judy Garland, Natalie Wood and Marilyn Monroe.

The writer also claims Newman and James Dean had a gay romance.

But the actor's family has dismissed Porter's book, claiming the sex allegations are "disgusting."

A source says, "Paul knew there were rumors out there about his sexuality and to have to face them when he's not here to dispute them is Joanne's worst nightmare."

Nooooooooooooooo! (http://http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/05/14/author_claims_paul_newman_was_bisexual_h)

BacktoBasics
05-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Don't you fucking dare.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 04:11 PM
Oh yeah, now that the man has passed. I'm not buying it.

Stella!!!!!

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-14-2009, 04:12 PM
Probably bullshit. Even if it's true the salad dressing and pasta sauce still taste good, so what do I care?

JudynTX
05-14-2009, 04:15 PM
Probably bullshit. Even if it's true the salad dressing and pasta sauce still taste good, so what do I care?

Damn straight! That pasta sauce is :tu

Viva Las Espuelas
05-14-2009, 04:16 PM
kinda gives a new meaning to cool hand luke

Bigzax
05-14-2009, 04:19 PM
damn, what if Newman's Own is actually...Newman's Own

averageusaconsumer
05-14-2009, 04:22 PM
I don't understand why this is so unlikely and everyone thinks its bullshit.

CuckingFunt
05-14-2009, 04:32 PM
Hmmm... a few reactions to this story and this thread:

On the one hand, I would not be at all surprised to learn that Marlon Brando and Paul Newman were both bisexual, despite (or maybe even because of) their reputation as butch icons. On the other hand, if a tell all book uses an interview with one dead guy as proof of allegations about another dead guy, my initial response is to be skeptical.

As for the thread itself... why the depressed smiley and the "noooooooo!" over a guy who a) is dead and b) you never fucked? It's not as if he lied to you personally, or as if that lie would have had any impact on your life whatsoever. Just seems a silly thing to freak out about.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 04:32 PM
I don't understand why this is so unlikely and everyone thinks its bullshit.

Because he was a stud...and a good looking man.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-14-2009, 04:38 PM
Because he was a stud...and a good looking man.

and a bi-sexual couldn't possibly be any of those?

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 04:40 PM
and a bi-sexual couldn't possibly be any of those?

Sure they could. I just didn't want to hear about it.

Not that it matters. Hell, nevermind.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Sure they could. I just didn't want to hear about it.

Not that it matters. Hell, nevermind.

:lol

Bigzax
05-14-2009, 04:52 PM
why the depressed smiley and the "noooooooo!" over a guy who a) is dead and b) you never fucked? It's not as if he lied to you personally, or as if that lie would have had any impact on your life whatsoever. Just seems a silly thing to freak out about.

Yes the vato is dead, hopefully not buried face down, but you don't know for sure if any of these guys fucked or got fucked by Paul and it's comparable to the lesbo freakout to finding out Portia de Rossi likes dick...

AmericanWoman
05-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Yes the vato is dead, hopefully not buried face down, but you don't know for sure if any of these guys fucked or got fucked by Paul and it's comparable to the lesbo freakout to finding out Portia de Rossi likes dick...

jack sommerset
05-14-2009, 05:05 PM
I don't see it. The family said it was "disgusting".:lol Does anyone think the gays like Perez Hilton are going to start calling them names? Demand an apology? Protest the Newman brands.

Dudes sucking each other off is disgusting but who am I to judge. This one queer I know thought I was disgusting because I dip my fries in tarter sauce. I didn't say anything but I wanted to tell him I thought he was disgusting for sticking his KAWK in a shithole then sucking down the creamy filling of his man twinkie. Whatever.

Bukefal
05-14-2009, 05:06 PM
Why so surprised? he probably was

CuckingFunt
05-14-2009, 05:09 PM

I'm not aware of a "lesbo freakout" over Portia de Rossi's sexuality, but I would think it just as ridiculous.

It would be like me crying over Brad Pitt and Angeline Jolie falling in love, as if that was the thing that suddenly took away my chances.

balli
05-14-2009, 05:12 PM
I don't see it. The family said it was "disgusting".:lol Does anyone think the gays like Perez Hilton are going to start calling them names? Demand an apology? Protest the Newman brands.

Hey bigoted dummy- Newman and his family are/were champions when it comes to a litany of liberal causes. They're well-known, hardcore leftists. Common sense would dictate that they weren't calling homosexuality disgusting, but rather, the probable lie-for-profit about their recently deceased patriarch. Dummy.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 05:17 PM
I'm not aware of a "lesbo freakout" over Portia de Rossi's sexuality, but I would think it just as ridiculous.

It would be like me crying over Brad Pitt and Angeline Jolie falling in love, as if that was the thing that suddenly took away my chances.

Does that mean you don't react to anything that doesn't personally effect you? When you hear about a child getting kidnapped and killed you don't have any reaction at all? Do you just shrug your shoulders and say "I didn't know that kid" and go on? Granted I don't react to every story but I do "freakout" sometimes when I hear certain things.

I'm just trying to understand.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 05:22 PM
Hmm... child kidnapped is to newmans buttseks as orange is to apple???

Hum...probably a bad comparison but people react in different ways. Oh well I just don't over analyze stuff I guess.

Plus I'll probably get a response that my uneducated ass won't understand anyhow.

jack sommerset
05-14-2009, 05:26 PM
Hey bigoted dummy- Newman and his family are/were champions when it comes to a litany of liberal causes. They're well-known, hardcore leftists. Common sense would dictate that they weren't calling homosexuality disgusting, but rather, the probable lie-for-profit about their recently deceased patriarch. Dummy.

Well fuck my ass! I guess they can say whatever they want!

balli
05-14-2009, 05:29 PM
I guess they can say whatever they want!
Hey dumbass:

Common sense would dictate that they weren't calling homosexuality disgusting, but rather, the probable lie-for-profit about their recently deceased patriarch.

MiamiHeat
05-14-2009, 05:39 PM
Bullshit.

Newman was married, happily, for a long long time.

IF Brando did say that, then that is just speculation. Brando says "He didn't fool me" ? Brando talking out of his ass.

If Brando did not say, that, then those people need to be sued.

dimsah
05-14-2009, 05:41 PM
I can see it I guess but it's surprising.
If they ever came out and said Steve McQueen was gay then that would be a fucking bombshell.

Spurminator
05-14-2009, 05:42 PM
I didn't know Brando was bi... Was that common knowledge?

(Notthattheresanythingwrongwiththat)

CuckingFunt
05-14-2009, 05:42 PM
Does that mean you don't react to anything that doesn't personally effect you? When you hear about a child getting kidnapped and killed you don't have any reaction at all? Do you just shrug your shoulders and say "I didn't know that kid" and go on? Granted I don't react to every story but I do "freakout" sometimes when I hear certain things.

Yes. That's exactly what I mean. My not being personally hurt or offended by a dead celebrity's sexuality is directly related to the fact that I'm uncaring and self-centered.

I'm just trying to understand.

I understand having a reaction to the story, I just don't understand that reaction being sadness or frustration.

MiamiHeat
05-14-2009, 05:44 PM
Yes. That's exactly what I mean. My not being personally hurt or offended by a dead celebrity's sexuality is directly related to the fact that I'm uncaring and self-centered.

I understand having a reaction to the story, I just don't understand that reaction being sadness or frustration.

It's really simple. Are you just asking a rhetorical question because you think it's dumb to begin with or you really don't know?

CuckingFunt
05-14-2009, 05:47 PM
It's really simple. Are you just asking a rhetorical question because you think it's dumb to begin with or you really don't know?

I haven't asked a single question in this thread. I've expressed confusion.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 05:54 PM

Perhaps because not everyone reacts just like you do? Is that so hard to understand? Oh well. I got what I expected.

MiamiHeat
05-14-2009, 05:57 PM

As for the thread itself... why the depressed smiley and the "noooooooo!" over a guy who a) is dead and b) you never fucked?

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 06:01 PM
Like I said, I'm a simple minded man and just asked a simple question.

CuckingFunt
05-14-2009, 06:03 PM
Perhaps because not everyone reacts just like you do? Is that so hard to understand? Oh well. I got what I expected.

At no point have I said or even implied that I expect everyone else to react to all things exactly the way I do. I would probably get pretty damn bored if that were actually the case. I merely said that this particular reaction confuses me and seems silly.

CuckingFunt
05-14-2009, 06:07 PM

As for the thread itself... why the depressed smiley and the "noooooooo!" over a guy who a) is dead and b) you never fucked?

I stand corrected.

In that case, it was out of curiosity. I do think it's ridiculous, but would still be interested to know the thought process behind such a reaction.

MiamiHeat
05-14-2009, 06:09 PM
I understand the reaction completely and feel it is completely normal and expected.

We thought he was 'one of us' (straight, all-american boy, married and dedicated to the same woman for 50 years, honest and strong, testosterone male) and Brando claims he was not like that at all (homosexual, secretive, infidelity, deceptive) etc

We like people who personify, become the embodiment of what we believe in (straight, etc) and we admire them when they become successful while doing it.

Having someone spread allegations that he wasn't like that at all (straight, etc) is not what we know from him, now is it?

Disappointed? If it's true, then of course.

I still think it's all bullshit.

Marlon Brando is just speculating. "He didn't fool me" was what Brando said...

Newman was married, happily for a long time. I doubt any of this is true especially since he's dead now.

marini martini
05-14-2009, 06:25 PM
I understand the reaction completely and feel it is completely normal and expected.

We thought he was 'one of us' (straight, all-american boy, married and dedicated to the same woman for 50 years, honest and strong, testosterone male) and Brando claims he was not like that at all (homosexual, secretive, infidelity, deceptive) etc

We like people who personify, become the embodiment of what we believe in (straight, etc) and we admire them when they become successful while doing it.

Having someone spread allegations that he wasn't like that at all (straight, etc) is not what we know from him, now is it?

Disappointed? If it's true, then of course.

I still think it's all bullshit.

Marlon Brando is just speculating. "He didn't fool me" was what Brando said...

Newman was married, happily for a long time. I doubt any of this is true especially since he's dead now.

+1000000

In my opinion, coming from a straight woman, Paul Newman was the epitome of the all American man. Happily maried to his wife fo 50 years.

I hate when books are written after a celebrity's death to cast a negative light on them, when there is no way for that said celebrity to defend themself. Even if he was bi, it's no body's freakin' business. Let the guy rest in piece.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 06:31 PM
At no point have I said or even implied that I expect everyone else to react to all things exactly the way I do. I would probably get pretty damn bored if that were actually the case. I merely said that this particular reaction confuses me and seems silly.

I'm confused as to why you don't understand the reaction. But MiamiHeat explained it. While I don't care if he is bi or not it still is a surprise when your perception, good or bad, of someone is changed. I guess I'm just different.

leemajors
05-14-2009, 06:57 PM
oh noes, a celeb may have been bi and unfaithful. He was still, to all appearances, a good man. who cares about the rest.

Spam
05-14-2009, 06:59 PM
oh noes, a celeb may have been bi and unfaithful. He was still, to all appearances, a good man. who cares about the rest.

I agree.
Sincerely,
John Edwards

ploto
05-14-2009, 07:56 PM
I think CF's point is well-proven by the fact that people in this thread are ONLY responding to the bi-sexual accusations and not to the claims of the women he supposedly bedded while married.

jack sommerset
05-14-2009, 09:06 PM
Hey dumbass:

Do ur parents know you write such shit! You have to have common sense to know what it is. You have displayed zero to me. Sex is something you do, sexuality is something you are

"But the actor's family has dismissed Porter's book, claiming the SEX allegations are "disgusting."

Sex usually means when two people fuck dumbass! I know you don't know what that means but a man has a thing called a cock. The man usually sticks his cock in a vagina but in this case another man's asshole. And the family finds it "disgusting".

pkbpkb81
05-14-2009, 09:12 PM
damn, what if Newman's Own is actually...Newman's Own

i loled

exstatic
05-14-2009, 09:18 PM
:lmao You people sound like you just found out about Santa Claus or the EB. Hollywood spins this stuff very well. Hell, most people thought Rock Hudson was straight for 30+ on screen years until he dropped half his body weight from AIDS and died.

LMAO @ people getting butthurt because someone they don't know turned out to really be someone they don't know.

Kriz-Maxima
05-14-2009, 09:42 PM
I think CF's point is well-proven by the fact that people in this thread are ONLY responding to the bi-sexual accusations and not to the claims of the women he supposedly bedded while married.

I noticed that too.

MiamiHeat
05-14-2009, 10:28 PM
I noticed that too.

Poor you =(

Your noticing skills are lacking =(

Someone in this thread already pointed out more than just the bisexual thing.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 11:03 PM
:lmao You people sound like you just found out about Santa Claus or the EB. Hollywood spins this stuff very well. Hell, most people thought Rock Hudson was straight for 30+ on screen years until he dropped half his body weight from AIDS and died.

LMAO @ people getting butthurt because someone they don't know turned out to really be someone they don't know.

Nobody is all butthurt about it I just didn't get what was so hard to understand about the reaction is all. :rolleyes The rumors about Rock Hudson were well known. And Paul having banged babes is no shocker.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 11:05 PM

Well duh.

exstatic
05-14-2009, 11:47 PM
Nobody is all butthurt about it I just didn't get what was so hard to understand about the reaction is all. :rolleyes The rumors about Rock Hudson were well known. And Paul having banged babes is no shocker.

You've seen maybe 100 hours of Paul Newman on screen in your life, pretending to be someone else, as actors do for a living, and you think you know who he is?

Butthurt was probably the wrong word, but why is anyone shocked by revelations about people they don't even know, and have never met? That's what's so hard for me to understand about your reaction.

mrsmaalox
05-14-2009, 11:52 PM
I don't really care if people are depressed, distressed, impressed or repressed, I just know that Paul Newman was one GORGEOUS mofo and it doesn't surprise me one bit that he could nail any animal, vegetable, or mineral (of any gender) that came his way!

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 11:54 PM
You've seen maybe 100 hours of Paul Newman on screen in your life, pretending to be someone else, as actors do for a living, and you think you know who he is?

Butthurt was probably the wrong word, but why is anyone shocked by revelations about people they don't even know, and have never met? That's what's so hard for me to understand about your reaction.

So one should only have a reaction when it is about someone they personally know? I don't get that but that is just me I guess. I mean, I've never met Denzel Washington but if it were to come out he was gay I'd be surprised but I guess I'm just different than most.

JoeChalupa
05-14-2009, 11:55 PM
I don't really care if people are depressed, distressed, impressed or repressed, I just know that Paul Newman was one GORGEOUS mofo and it doesn't surprise me one bit that he could nail any animal, vegetable, or mineral (of any gender) that came his way!

chode_regulator
05-15-2009, 12:00 AM
Dudes sucking each other off is disgusting but who am I to judge. This one queer I know thought I was disgusting because I dip my fries in tarter sauce. I didn't say anything but I wanted to tell him I thought he was disgusting for sticking his KAWK in a shithole then sucking down the creamy filling of his man twinkie. Whatever.

I was going to put one of hte little smilies here to show how hard I laughed when I read this, but there's not one that aptly portrays it.

HILARIOUS might possible begin to think about describing that diatribe.

marini martini
05-15-2009, 12:01 AM

:toast

ploto
05-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Poor you =(

Your noticing skills are lacking =(

Someone in this thread already pointed out more than just the bisexual thing.

If you are talking about your one post out of the 50 in this thread, you still mentioned first and foremost straight vs. homosexual.

exstatic
05-15-2009, 07:38 AM
So one should only have a reaction when it is about someone they personally know? I don't get that but that is just me I guess. I mean, I've never met Denzel Washington but if it were to come out he was gay I'd be surprised but I guess I'm just different than most.

So why should this be different than if someone at work told you their cousin came out? You don't know the cousin. You don't know Paul Newman. Why the strong reaction to Newman? It's fundamentally no different.

JoeChalupa
05-15-2009, 07:48 AM
So why should this be different than if someone at work told you their cousin came out? You don't know the cousin. You don't know Paul Newman. Why the strong reaction to Newman? It's fundamentally no different.

While I didn't personally know Paul Newman I knew who he was from all his years in the public eye. What is so hard to understand about that. :bang
Now someone at work telling me about a cousin whom I have no information about is a totally different thing.
It really is very simple to me but like I said, I'm a simple man who doesn't over analyze everything.
I heard something that surprised me about a person whom I had never suspected of being bi.
Oh well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree and I'm okay with that because God knows I've been wrong many, many times and will be again...most likely today.

I Love Me Some Me
05-15-2009, 07:52 AM
So Doc Hudson was like Rock Hudson.

SpursStalker
05-15-2009, 10:01 AM

AMEN sista!!

:toast