PDA

View Full Version : I'll bet Guantanamo Bay...

Yonivore
05-14-2009, 08:39 PM
...stays open.

After all, it's a facility on U. S. soil and is designed for what the President has in mind. Holding detainees -- not suitable for Article 3 (civilian) courts or Military Commissions.

Nobody, except for a couple of Democrat idiots, have even suggested they would take detainees in their districts -- and, I'm betting those two are getting more than few calls from constituents.

Obama Considers Detaining Terror Suspects Indefinitely (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124223286506515765.html)

I guess he could have them rended? rendered? renditioned? eh, whatever...since, he's reinstated that popular Clinton-era tradition.

Is there a segment of his hardcore base he hasn't betrayed?

George Gervin's Afro
05-15-2009, 06:58 AM
...stays open.

After all, it's a facility on U. S. soil and is designed for what the President has in mind. Holding detainees -- not suitable for Article 3 (civilian) courts or Military Commissions.

Nobody, except for a couple of Democrat idiots, have even suggested they would take detainees in their districts -- and, I'm betting those two are getting more than few calls from constituents.

Obama Considers Detaining Terror Suspects Indefinitely (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124223286506515765.html)

I guess he could have them rended? rendered? renditioned? eh, whatever...since, he's reinstated that popular Clinton-era tradition.

Is there a segment of his hardcore base he hasn't betrayed?

It really hurts that America rejects your politics you doesn't it?

JoeChalupa
05-15-2009, 07:04 AM
Obama is a realist and I have no problem with that. Bush betrayed conservatism. No?

JoeChalupa
05-15-2009, 07:07 AM
Joe Scarborough just said that Obama is being a realist and staring the far left of the Democratic Party in the face MUCH more than Bush ever did to the far right of the Republican party and I agree.
Joe tells it like he sees it.

George Gervin's Afro
05-15-2009, 07:23 AM
Obama is a realist and I have no problem with that. Bush betrayed conservatism. No?

No Joe you don't get it. Yoni is on to something here. He seems to agree with Oabama but just doesn't know how to state it.

Yonivore
05-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Joe Scarborough just said that Obama is being a realist and staring the far left of the Democratic Party in the face MUCH more than Bush ever did to the far right of the Republican party and I agree.
Joe tells it like he sees it.
Obama wasn't willing to stare the fart left of the Democratic Party in the face while he was trying to get elected, was he?

Tell me Joe, just which of Obama's policy decisions, so far, has made you the proudest to have voted for him?

JoeChalupa
05-15-2009, 02:32 PM
Obama wasn't willing to stare the fart left of the Democratic Party in the face while he was trying to get elected, was he?

Tell me Joe, just which of Obama's policy decisions, so far, has made you the proudest to have voted for him?

I'm not quite sure I have one specific one. I'm just glad I voted for him and not Palin...err..McCain.

Wild Cobra
05-15-2009, 02:44 PM
I heard, I think last week, that the democrats in congress refuse to vote for the money needed to make the move elsewhere!

Yonivore
05-15-2009, 03:23 PM
I'm not quite sure I have one specific one. I'm just glad I voted for him and not Palin...err..McCain.
Why? What is different about this administration that McCain/Palin didn't offer?

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2009, 03:48 PM

Yes he did. But he didn't betray Yonivore.

JoeChalupa
05-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Why? What is different about this administration that McCain/Palin didn't offer?

If there is no difference then why are you bitching?

Marcus Bryant
05-15-2009, 05:09 PM

The weird thing is that as much as "conservatives" such as him disliked McCain, McCain was probably the most faithful to Bush's true ideology.

Yonivore
05-15-2009, 05:12 PM
Oh, there's a difference alright but, I'm just trying to get you to identify it...because, if that's the difference you wanted, you're crazy.