PDA

View Full Version : This years Lakers = last years Celtics?

gaKNOW!blee
05-14-2009, 10:22 PM
I remember everyone (including myself) writing off the Celtics' chance at a championship because they took the below .500 Hawks to 7 and the 4th seeded Cavs to 7. Plus they couldnt win on the road. (All of this while the Lakers were out west dominating.) Yet the rest of the playoffs they looked impressive and obviously won it all.

Does this look familiar to anyone else. The Lakers are struggling with an average team (sorry Rockets, but without TMAC and Yao, they are average) All of this while the Cavs are in the east dominating. It seems like a lot of people are already convinced the Lakers cant win the title because they are too soft and dont have enough heart.

All im saying is....no so fast when writing off the Lakers. I'm not going to, I learned my lesson from last year.

That being said....I hate the Lakers and hope they lose every fucking game by 50.

Armando
05-14-2009, 10:24 PM
Yeah but the difference is the Lakers have been togther for a while with the exception of Gasol. The Lakers had more playoff experience together then the Celtics had last year.

gaKNOW!blee
05-14-2009, 10:26 PM
Yeah but the difference is the Lakers have been togther for a while with the exception of Gasol. The Lakers had more playoff experience together then the Celtics had last year.

Aren't those good things tho?

Im not talking about the team themselves being similar, i just think the way they are playing and the perceptions of them are similar.

Armando
05-14-2009, 10:27 PM
Aren't those good things tho?

Thats a good thing but it seems the Lakers have not learn from their past failures.